Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

deise08 wrote: »
    My stupid car!!!!!!!!!!

starting a weeks holiday on Friday. all intentions of going to cork, newgrange, doing different things.

stupid car decides it doesn't like oil any more and is spilling it out all over the place :(:(:(

Whatever you do don't drive it without enough oil in it. I've been having car trouble too!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057318065

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

My f**king knee, everytime I think I'm good to go back running it gets sore again. I'm going stir crazy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I can't finish my book. Not just yet. It had me bawling my eyes out last night, my OH had to cuddle me for ages. I actually have it hiddden under my bed. There are still 4 chapters left! It's The Book Thief by Markus Zusack. I knew it was going to be sad, but oh my God... :'( . I can't face the ending just yet. Maybe later. I suppose I'm TA'd with brilliant writers that make you fall in love with their characters and then break your heart when they go through awful pain. It's like being slapped in the face with humanity.

I read that...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

jamesbere wrote: »
    My f**king knee, everytime I think I'm good to go back running it gets sore again. I'm going stir crazy :mad:

I feel your pain :(
    You doing road running?
    I had to swap to running on grass to lessen the impact.
    I'll probably increase cycling also as my knees are banjaxed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I read that...........

Did you like it? The dots at the end of your statement make me think no. Or that there's a very sad ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I read some of The Book Thief, didn't finish it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

The Book Thief I won't be reading that one too sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I read some of The Book Thief, didn't finish it though.

Same here. My copy went mysteriously missing when I was half way thru it. :(

Did you like it? The dots at the end of your statement make me think no. Or that there's a very sad ending.

Bored the life out of me, I thought it was rubbish. They all die in the end and the Germans win the war.

MsBubbles wrote: »
    The Book Thief I won't be reading that one too sad :(

The only sad thing about it, is the fact that I paid money for it.

• Advertisement

Bored the life out of me, I thought it was rubbish. They all die in the end and the Germans win the war.

I didn't enjoy it either, one of those books that is way over hyped, in my opinion.

Same here. My copy went mysteriously missing when I was half way thru it. :(

I'd gladly give you mine, but it is long gone to a charity shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I'd gladly give you mine, but it is long gone to a charity shop.

Sadly my post was a joke that no one got. :(
    "The Book thief" -"My copy went missing"...queue everyone rolling in the aisles laughing....

Eisenberg1 I cried at the John Lewis and Waitrose Christmas Ads. I'm total wuss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I have no emotions when it comes to movies. I didnt cry at the notebook or any of those other rubbish movies. But I bawled at bambi. I cried so much at bambi I couldn't even watch the end of it. It's the only film that made me cry.

Lexie I had to stop watching films with sad endings cos I used to be inconsolable for hours afterwards.
    I think I'm descended from the professional mourners that used to attend wakes in 1700's

I have no emotions when it comes to movies. I didnt cry at the notebook or any of those other rubbish movies. But I bawled at bambi. I cried so much at bambi I couldn't even watch the end of it. It's the only film that made me cry.

Ah, I see the problem. it's simple. You are a man.
    We have no emotions, and we never cry, especially not
    over a film.;)

Ah, I see the problem. it's simple. You are a man.
    We have no emotions, and we never cry, especially not
    over a film.;)

*fart*

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I feel your pain :(
    You doing road running?
    I had to swap to running on grass to lessen the impact.
    I'll probably increase cycling also as my knees are banjaxed!

Yeah road running, training for the cork marathon aswell, so looks like treadmill and cycling for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Yeah road running, training for the cork marathon aswell, so looks like treadmill and cycling for a while.

Have you got it checked out yet? I've had awful problems with my knee all my life, finally got it sorted a few years back and havent looked back.

The only complaint is that I get a bit of arthrithis when the cold weather is coming in.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Have you got it checked out yet? I've had awful problems with my knee all my life, finally got it sorted a few years back and havent looked back.

The only complaint is that I get a bit of arthrithis when the cold weather is coming in.

Been going to physio for the past week but the soreness in my knee at acting up again. It was fine all weekend. the problem is the tracking in my leg is off so its giving me pain then in the knee.

Just have to be patience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I can't finish my book. Not just yet. It had me bawling my eyes out last night, my OH had to cuddle me for ages. I actually have it hiddden under my bed. There are still 4 chapters left! It's The Book Thief by Markus Zusack. I knew it was going to be sad, but oh my God... :'( . I can't face the ending just yet. Maybe later. I suppose I'm TA'd with brilliant writers that make you fall in love with their characters and then break your heart when they go through awful pain. It's like being slapped in the face with humanity.

It's a good book, but if it makes you upset then don't, whatever you do, watch Night will Fall.:(

When you speak to someone and think youve made progress and sorted it out, and have that person arrive almost 15 mins to work with a coffee that she clearly had time to stop off for.

Sunday evening, driving towards home at 17.45.

It's dark, and heavyish fog. I have full lights on, plus front and rear fogs.

Not only are some people driving without foglights, some are driving without ANY fcuking lights!!

If most other people are driving with lights & foglights on, there is a very strong chance it is required..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Not only are some people driving without foglights, some are driving without ANY fcuking lights!!

If most other people are driving with lights & foglights on, there is a very strong chance it is required..
    We were in Galway on Sunday eisenberg and the fog was really bad,me and the OH said the exact same thing about the muppets with no lights on, on the other hand I never turn mine off:D and I know that TAs some people but such is life..:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Those are the same twats who will have their fog lights on on a clear day... :mad:

Aglomerado wrote: »

Those are the same twats who will have their fog lights on on a clear day... :mad:
    :D:D :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

When I buy the odd snack just for myself, someone opens it and helps themselves to it...

RAGE!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Saliva build up at night when I'm trying to get to sleep, I have to keep spitting it out as I get a gastric stomach, what causes this and how can I ease it, frustrating. :(

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

BeerWolf wrote: »
    When I buy the odd snack just for myself, someone opens it and helps themselves to it...

RAGE!!!!

I'm pretty sure there's a line in the constitution that says you're allowed to shoot those people directly in the temple, no questions asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Took someone with me shopping in town today, it was her first time in limerick! You'd swear I'd just brought her into the middle of a halting site the way she acted!!! She kept clutching her bag and saying she thought she would be robbed!! Ffs! Who acts like that?!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm pretty sure there's a line in the constitution that says you're allowed to shoot those people directly in the temple, no questions asked.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

When I go to get a cup of water from the cooler / dispenser in the office, I pull one cup from the bottom of the stack and 3 of its friends come along for the ride.

BeerWolf wrote: »

RAGE!!!!
    Im not much of a sweet lover but I love the big soft Jelly Babies,the Bassett ones are only 1e at the moment so I bought them and hid them,when I went to open them all that was left were the green ones:mad:so I knew it was the OH and not the kids that stole them..Im ashamed of my reaction tbh but jaysus I lost it wjth him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Been going to physio for the past week but the soreness in my knee at acting up again. It was fine all weekend. the problem is the tracking in my leg is off so its giving me pain then in the knee.
    It might not specifically be the knee - pain from pretty much anywhere in the posterior chain can be referred there. Strengthening your core, glutes and hamstrings is helpful for the vast majority of runners - if you can find a pilates class taught by a physio that would really help too.

sibby wrote: »
    Took someone with me shopping in town today, it was her first time in limerick! You'd swear I'd just brought her into the middle of a halting site the way she acted!!! She kept clutching her bag and saying she thought she would be robbed!! Ffs! Who acts like that?!!!
    I was wondering where my mam had gone today...

It might not specifically be the knee - pain from pretty much anywhere in the posterior chain can be referred there. Strengthening your core, glutes and hamstrings is helpful for the vast majority of runners - if you can find a pilates class taught by a physio that would really help too.

She said my glutes are the problem, they're weak enough. I was thinking about pilates alright. Will look into classes next week.

Well, each to his/her own. I think it's brilliant. That's the bit I'm dreading reading! I get way too involved in books and attached to characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

It somehow feels like people are making a bigger deal of Valentines Day than they did in previous years and it's TA. Love-themed stuff everywhere, and apparently all women are supposed to buy a new dress for the day (has to be red or heart-patterned I think). They even do Valentines activities in work this year, wtf?! I always liked going out for a nice meal with my OH on Valentines Day, but I think we'll stay at home this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Trying to escape from that ed Sheehan song on the car radio , ITS EVERYWHERE!

• Advertisement

I read a book once where that happened, called "SS GB" by Len Deighton. It contained the immortal line from the new Police Commissioner, one Gruppenführer Fritz Kellerman: "In Germany we call a spade a spade, and the political police are called political police. Here you call your political police the Special Branch, because you English are not so direct in these matters."

:D

Further trivial annoyances :

Buttonholes that are too small for the buttons - I love my new cardigan but opening and closing it is frustrating as fcuck. Not helped by the nail on chalkboard feeling I get when my nails scrape the wool. I might just keep it closed and put it on over my head.

Mouthwash that is too foamy - gargled with the stuff this morning and got it all over my chin and a drop went in my eye.

People who speak too quietly - and then repeat themselves in the same tone when not heard the first time.

People who call when they don't get an instant reply to a text - rude!!

Still craving cigarettes - could kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

miezekatze wrote: »
    It somehow feels like people are making a bigger deal of Valentines Day than they did in previous years and it's TA. Love-themed stuff everywhere, and apparently all women are supposed to buy a new dress for the day (has to be red or heart-patterned I think). They even do Valentines activities in work this year, wtf?! I always liked going out for a nice meal with my OH on Valentines Day, but I think we'll stay at home this year.

Yes, this is my TA ay the moment also, the whole 'here are ideas of you haven't already got your dress for Valentines yet". WTactualF?!

I used to be besties with this treacherous bitch from like 12 up til 21. My favourite girls name is Olivia. If I were ever to have a girl I would name her Olivia. I don't care if it's an old person name, I love it. Always have. It's even my confirmation name. Bitchface knew this, everyone I know knows this.
    She had a baby girl on Saturday. What did she call the baby? She called the baby Olivia. i am so annoyed

I used to be besties with this treacherous bitch from like 12 up til 21. My favourite girls name is Olivia. If I were ever to have a girl I would name her Olivia. I don't care if it's an old person name, I love it. Always have. It's even my confirmation name. Bitchface knew this, everyone I know knows this.
    She had a baby girl on Saturday. What did she call the baby? She called the baby Olivia. i am so annoyed

Yes, I've heard tell of girls a-feudin' by naming babies at each other. Very odd. Oh the Hatfields and the McCoys, they were reckless mountain boys... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Ohhhhhh now that would properly boil my piss! :mad:

The Bitch.

I also for this reason will never tell anyone baby names I like.

Facebook is annoying me at the moment as well. I keep getting notifications when it's somebody's birthday. Usually when I've already wished them a happy birthday.
    Also, when I comment on a photo on Facebook I then get a notification every time someone else has left a comment. Having to click the little arrow and turn off notifications every time is tedious. I still get the notifications when I turn them off.
    The " woo it's Friday " and " boo it's Monday " posts everyone seems to put up every fcuckin week are irritating as well.

Frog Song wrote: »
    Ohhhhhh now that would properly boil my piss! :mad:

The Bitch.

I also for this reason will never tell anyone baby names I like.

Why would you even be bothered??? I'm going to tell people I'm loving the name Concepta. I'm snappin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Getting a piece of egg shell in my mouth accidentally when eating a boiled egg - yuck! Horrible sensation against your teeth!!

• Advertisement

TA my posts keep disappearing :( Rosie you're doing brilliantly.The cravings will ease. I quit the fags 6 years ago and it was the hardest thing I've done but it's so worthwhile.

Lexie you are better off with that name stealing cow out of your life. sounds to me like a case of jealous bhatch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement