Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Ross was such an underrated character. Anytime I watch re-runs I always laugh at him the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Thanks MsBubbles!

Is anyone else getting a stupid Mr Green ad at the top of the page when reading this thread on their phone? It keeps enlarging by itself, covering the top of the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Rosie nope I gots hunky fireman :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

No but things enlarging is usually good

hurr hurrr Durty Lexie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Unless it's your arse. "Can I slingshot around that and try to get to Uranus??" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Unless it is an arse or wasteline....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Rosie nope I gots hunky fireman :D

Jealous! :D

Rosie he's gone now :( stupid stain remover ad.
    Trigger enlarging an arse has made Kim West a fooking fortune

jimgoose wrote: »
    Unless it's your arse. "Can I slingshot around that and try to get to Uranus??" :pac:

I won't lie. If someone said that about my ass I would be so amused I wouldn't even be mad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

miezekatze wrote: »
    It somehow feels like people are making a bigger deal of Valentines Day than they did in previous years and it's TA. Love-themed stuff everywhere, and apparently all women are supposed to buy a new dress for the day (has to be red or heart-patterned I think). They even do Valentines activities in work this year, wtf?! I always liked going out for a nice meal with my OH on Valentines Day, but I think we'll stay at home this year.

Hey, all that Valentines Day tat helps keep the discount shops open. Sure if it wasn't for all the cheap tat they sell for Paddys day, Easter, Mother/Fathers day, Halloween and Christmas they'd be out of business. It's shocking how much cheap Valentines day tat is onsale. Then again, most of it is probably bought by kids and teens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

The usual bread rolls we get in Tesco weren't there this morning. Instead they had similar rolls but were covered in some sorta seed. Yuck!

Still ate two of them though! :D:o

If valentines is an excuse to buy a new outfit, I can get behind that!!
    http://tinypic.com/r/34ouc14/8

Guilt free too!

TA I'm now officially an auld wan cos I looked at that outfit Lexie and thought you'll catch a chill :(

Pumpkinseeds I bloody love Eurogiant, Mr Price and Dealz. I keep them in business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It's shocking how much cheap Valentines day tat is onsale. Then again, most of it is probably bought by kids and teens husbands soon to be in the doghouse

fyp :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Guilt free too!

Did you buy the outfit Lexie?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Guilt free too!

Reminds me of the chocolate orange wrapper,:eek: (Gok who?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Sunday evening, driving towards home at 17.45.

It's dark, and heavyish fog. I have full lights on, plus front and rear fogs.

Not only are some people driving without foglights, some are driving without ANY fcuking lights!!

If most other people are driving with lights & foglights on, there is a very strong chance it is required..

Oh I couldn't believe it on Sunday, the fog didn't lift all day, and all the drivers I saw with not even an attempt at having a light on.
    Are they sparing them?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

I phoned to book an appointment with my hairdresser and all she had was 12.30 today. I figured I would be late home so my eldest said he would collect and start the homework, and I would be home soon after. I got to the hairdressers hoping they might take me a bit earlier, the fecker left me waiting 40 mins after my arranged appointment which was too late. I had to rearrange the appointment for tomorrow and I am so annoyed, such a waste of my time.. Usually that would be it, I wouldnt go back, but I need my hair done for tomorrow night and I need to go to someone I know so as there are no surprises.

• Advertisement

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Pumpkinseeds I bloody love Eurogiant, Mr Price and Dealz. I keep them in business

We get birdfood, pet blankets, candles and Butterkist popcorn from Eurogiant and Dealz, I can't complain about that. It's also handy for keeping track of things, i.e, once the pink valentine cowboy hats have been put away the green paddys day cowboy hats will be out.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Zanablue wrote: »
    I phoned to book an appointment with my hairdresser and all she had was 12.30 today. I figured I would be late home so my eldest said he would collect and start the homework, and I would be home soon after. I got to the hairdressers hoping they might take me a bit earlier, the fecker left me waiting 40 mins after my arranged appointment which was too late. I had to rearrange the appointment for tomorrow and I am so annoyed, such a waste of my time.. Usually that would be it, I wouldnt go back, but I need my hair done for tomorrow night and I need to go to someone I know so as there are no surprises.

I used to hate having only one person I could trust with my hair for this very reason, so limited with appointments available but if you try someone else it reminds you exactly why you only trust that person in the first place. Then when I was too poor to afford a hairdresser I cut my own hair and now I'm the only person I trust to cut my hair! A lot cheaper and I'm available whenever :pac:

I HATE seeing the words (if you could call them words!) 'woop woop' on a Facebook post. Or actually anywhere for that matter!

I used to be besties with this treacherous bitch from like 12 up til 21. My favourite girls name is Olivia. If I were ever to have a girl I would name her Olivia. I don't care if it's an old person name, I love it. Always have. It's even my confirmation name. Bitchface knew this, everyone I know knows this.
    She had a baby girl on Saturday. What did she call the baby? She called the baby Olivia. i am so annoyed

Lexie, When I had my first I had a boys and a girls name picked, I had a boy and my friend at the time used the girls name. When I had my second I used the same name and my so called friend tried to accuse me of copying her, until I told her that she had named her child after my grandmother. she never mentioned it again.

Just use the name when your time comes, feck her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Oh I couldn't believe it on Sunday, the fog didn't lift all day, and all the drivers I saw with not even an attempt at having a light on.
    Are they sparing them?!

And the ones who in their new cars that have the front only daylight running lights and not a light at all on their rear end, cant see them in the fog at all, actually, come to think of it, they're out on the M/N7 M50 in the mornings too, in the dark, grrrr :mad:

Lexie, When I had my first I had a boys and a girls name picked, I had a boy and my friend at the time used the girls name. When I had my second I used the same name and my so called friend tried to accuse me of copying her, until I told her that she had named her child after my grandmother. she never mentioned it again.

Just use the name when your time comes, feck her.

Yep Z is right, if you love it that much and don't use it you'll always regret it, if she says anything about it just accuse her mam of copying so and so who named their child [friend's name] first and that'll shut her up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I hate that, you have to wonder why some places bother with appointments, if they then mess people around like that.

Ah yeah like I know I'm being a bit nutty being raging over the name, it's not like i have exclusive rights on it and we aren't even friends anymore so why should I care. It's just if it was a popular name, like Id be like meh whatever. But I don't know ANY little girls named Olivia. So clearly she stole it. Although I don't plan on ever having a boy, if I did, I'd name him Harry. And I wouldn't care about someone stealing that name, for some reason.

Tasden wrote: »
    Yep Z is right, if you love it that much and don't use it you'll always regret it, if she says anything about it just accuse her mam of copying so and so who named their child [friend's name] first and that'll shut her up!

Diddle-ing-ding-ding!! :)

• Advertisement

ratmouse wrote: »
    Did you buy the outfit Lexie?!

Nope not til tomorrow, it's payday. I'm gonna ask my OH to get me this http://tinypic.com/r/e8663k/8 for Valentine's Day though. Why should I have to buy my own Valentine's outfit :mad:

Ah yeah like I know I'm being a bit nutty being raging over the name, it's not like i have exclusive rights on it and we aren't even friends anymore so why should I care. It's just if it was a popular name, like Id be like meh whatever. But I don't know ANY little girls named Olivia. So clearly she stole it. Although I don't plan on ever having a boy, if I did, I'd name him Harry. And I wouldn't care about someone stealing that name, for some reason.

Your not being nutty at all, at least your ranting on a thread and not at the girl herself. When I had my son and we sent word to everyone about his name and weight etc, I got a phonecall from a girl I hadn't seen in years, infact we weren't really what you would call friends. We had never discussed baby names and she phoned me to tell me that she wasn't going to speak to me again because I stole her favourite boys name. I hadn't spoken to the girl in years so it didn't bother me too much.

Your not being nutty at all, at least your ranting on a thread and not at the girl herself. When I had my son and we sent word to everyone about his name and weight etc, I got a phonecall from a girl I hadn't seen in years, infact we weren't really what you would call friends. We had never discussed baby names and she phoned me to tell me that she wasn't going to speak to me again because I stole her favourite boys name. I hadn't spoken to the girl in years so it didn't bother me too much.

Fightin' talk. Woman, load them Winchesters and bust out the winder. Them name-stealin' varmints is out there somewheres! :):):)

People who are like oh god, I got so fat. I'm 3lbs more than I was 6 months ago. WHO THE **** notices things like this? Who even notices 3lbs? Take a dump - boom, you're sorted. I know I've lost weight or gained weight by my clothes. Can't imagine being so consumed about it that Id have my weight down to the oz.

I had a baby about 6 months before a friend of mine, one day after I had my daughter I was asking her about due date, baby names etc, she had found out it was a girl and told me the name she had picked, was referring to the baby by this name and all. Anyway a few weeks later she has her baby and names her the same name as my child.

I didn't mind that she chose the same name it was just the fact she told me she had chosen a different name, maybe she just changed her mind in the mean time but it was weird, like she was trying to keep it from me or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I love the name Olivia, but I had a boy last year so couldn't use it. I'm glad though because its become insanely popular this last year! Check out the cso stats. It's even more popular in the uk. It's going to end up like the name Maya I think....

My TA is that it's my little boys 1st bday today, and he has a cold, so looks sick and miserable in every pic I take! Hopefully he'll feel better by his party on sat and hell have nice pics to look at when he's older!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'll forever associate the name Olivia with a raging bitch that was in my year at school. Ginger, skinny, voice that could cut glass and a first rate wagon.

I love the name Olivia, but I had a boy last year so couldn't use it. I'm glad though because its become insanely popular this last year! Check out the cso stats. It's even more popular in the uk. It's going to end up like the name Maya I think....

My TA is that it's my little boys 1st bday today, and he has a cold, so looks sick and miserable in every pic I take! Hopefully he'll feel better by his party on sat and hell have nice pics to look at when he's older!

I have an aunt called Olivia. I wonder if the reason it's popular again is because of the character Olivia Pope in Scandal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I always associate it with Olivia benson on SVU.

TA, our gombeen president. Surely I can't be the only one who had a facepalm moment on hearing his poem on the news this evening.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA, our gombeen president. Surely I can't be the only one who had a facepalm moment on hearing his poem on the news this evening.:o

No, he didnt did he?
    And it made the news.....jeez, is this 1958?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm in my bf's parents house watching Edge of Alaska (boring! !!). I want to go home and he said it's ok but I know he'll be annoyed if he misses it. Only half an hour to go :(

The OHs mam sending dinners over to our house. She must think I'm starving the luckiest man in ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

TA is making a balls of first impressions.

The OHs mam sending dinners over to our house. She must think I'm starving the luckiest man in ireland.

Or else she's heard about your cooking! :):):)

Or else she's heard about your cooking! :):):)

What cooking lol

What cooking lol

Quod erat demonstrandum! :)

Quod erat demonstrandum! :)

Pop tarts for dinner yesterday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Stupid mouth, now I have blister on my tongue making it difficult to do 2 of my fave things- eating and talking! (Stupid teeth)

Nope not til tomorrow, it's payday. I'm gonna ask my OH to get me this http://tinypic.com/r/e8663k/8 for Valentine's Day though. Why should I have to buy my own Valentine's outfit :mad:

Love it! Definitely get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭dublinjen

When I get into a show and won't go to bed despite having to be up in a few hours. **** me

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement