Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

dublinjen wrote: »
    When I get into a show and won't go to bed despite having to be up in a few hours. **** me

Same as that. Watching Walking Dead and Better Call Saul til late last night. I'm like a dog this morn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

I'm going to a Spanish class on tuesday nights TA that I'm greeting everyone in Spanish this morning

Hola TTAYers ! (Titties :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The aftermath of a serious crying session. It feels like that shame you feel after a hefty session on a Saturday night. Can you have a crying hangover? Shame, headache, exausted, vulgar looking.

aw poor Lexie :( Wel jel that you got a Mammy dinner sent over to you. I'm at the stage in life where I now cook for my Mammy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Fcukers bringing trollies into the self service area's of supermarkets .... :mad:

MsBubbles wrote: »
    aw poor Lexie :( Wel jel that you got a Mammy dinner sent over to you. I'm at the stage in life where I now cook for my Mammy.

I'm a bit offended about that actually! (Although I love her dearly and it was lovely). But seriously. He finishes work at 5pm. He's 28 years old and thankfully not handicapped. Why is his mother sending dinners over? GRR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Although called the same, Tomato sauce (from beans) and Tomato sauce (ketchup) should never *ever* touch on the same plate.

Ever...

EVER!!!

whiskeyman Completely agree. Lexie why are you offended ? a free dinner you didn't have to make what's not to like

• Advertisement

She thinks I'm not feeding her son!! :D

Lexie my MiL feeds hubby on a wednesday, he gets a 3 course meal. I give him a dinner every other day.
    The Irish Mammy secretly thinks no one can feed her son like she can.
    Like the song says Let it Go ! Otherwise it will drive ya mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Do grown men still get their dinners cooked by their mammies?
    Glad mine does not do it for me, she is half blind and eating at hers shortens my life expectancy.

Trigger yup every wednesday his Mammy cooks for him. She's a widow who lives alone and bless her heart it gives her something to do and makes her feel useful.

Trigger yup every wednesday his Mammy cooks for him. She's a widow who lives alone and bless her heart it gives her something to do and makes her feel useful.

Thats fair enough, it fills a double purpose I suppose. Wish my mum lived near bye and could do the odd meal and babysitting.
    TA that I pay €10 per hour for a babysitter when lots of people get it free as they have family living near bye!

Thats fair enough, it fills a double purpose I suppose. Wish my mum lived near bye and could do the odd meal and babysitting.
    TA that I pay €10 per hour for a babysitter when lots of people get it free as they have family living near bye!

A tenner an hour?! Anytime I get roped into it, it's for free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Do grown men still get their dinners cooked by their mammies?
    Glad mine does not do it for me, she is half blind and eating at hers shortens my life expectancy.

My mother lives about an hour-and-a-half away and enjoys cooking her legendary Breakfast That Would Capsize A Bull Elephant an odd time. Not as much as she enjoys being brought out and fed somewhere swanky, though. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

In formal public setting.
    Fart on hold.
    So tempting. So dangerous.
    Its in the barrel but can't fire.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Jaysus Lex, you're leaving out the most important information. How many dinners? Are we talking meat agus veg or something more exotic?

I'm a bit offended about that actually! (Although I love her dearly and it was lovely). But seriously. He finishes work at 5pm. He's 28 years old and thankfully not handicapped. Why is his mother sending dinners over? GRR.

If I know Bridie the way I think I know Bridie, and I think I do, you'd be better off letting her at it an' it be playsin' her. :pac:

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Jaysus Lex, you're leaving out the most important information. How many dinners? Are we talking meat agus veg or something more exotic?

Chicken, turnip, carrots, peas, stuffing, potatoes and gravy. The plate needed side boards. Too late to be eating at 9:30!

• Advertisement

Chicken, turnip, carrots, peas, stuffing, potatoes and gravy. The plate needed side boards. Too late to be eating at 9:30!

Agreed, that's nearly lunchtime. You'd want a feed like that at 8am, after you've been up for a couple of hours, and get a clear run at de day, like! :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    Agreed, that's nearly lunchtime. You'd want a feed like that at 8am, after you've been up for a couple of hours, and get a clear run at de day, like! :D

I had a massive feed for breakfast Jim, you'd have been proud!

A tenner an hour?! Anytime I get roped into it, it's for free

We have good wifi, a clean house and netflix.
    Drop bye on satuday night, 7pm, and we will show you the ropes.

Free babysitting sorted for Trigger!!

I had a massive feed for breakfast Jim, you'd have been proud!

Jaws of the Tiger, chungwan! :D

We have good wifi, a clean house and netflix.
    Drop bye on satuday night, 7pm, and we will show you the ropes.

Free babysitting sorted for Trigger!!

Sounds good!! Hope trigger lite likes coke, skittles, water fights and drawing on walls!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mash, roast or both?

Between this and a lad in the office talking about a live cam to a 6 year old McDonalds hamburger, i've got an awful hunger on me.

Mash, roast or both?

Between this and a lad in the office talking about a live cam to a 6 year old McDonalds hamburger, i've got an awful hunger on me.

Ooooh, that beef should be nicely festered at this stage. Like a finely-aged lasagne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'm never trusting Google again. I was given a lump of beef, and said I'd roast it yesterday. I weighed it to calculate cooking time etc. I've not often cooked beef, only brisket which I know takes hours. Anyway I took the beef out when the time was supposedly up. I let it rest bla bla. It was grand the first few slices, but the more I cut into it the pinker it got. I don't mind a bit of pink, but it was all chawy n nasty:(.

^ Thats when you take out you flame thrower and cooking oil to finish the job off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

73Cat wrote: »
    I'm never trusting Google again. I was given a lump of beef, and said I'd roast it yesterday. I weighed it to calculate cooking time etc. I've not often cooked beef, only brisket which I know takes hours. Anyway I took the beef out when the time was supposedly up. I let it rest bla bla. It was grand the first few slices, but the more I cut into it the pinker it got. I don't mind a bit of pink, but it was all chawy n nasty:(.

Careful saying things like that around here! :p

Seriously though, between the slow cook ribs and the half cooked beef, I think you should have a look at some of those fancy pressure cooker pots, life changing things they are - meat on in the morning, by dinner time in the afternoon it's ready and just falls off the bone! :)

• Advertisement

^ Thats when you take out you flame thrower and cooking oil to finish the job off.

Hell yeah. Flambé with a drop of diesel as well. Agri stuff, that dye has a lovely flavour when it's roasted.

Mash, roast or both?

Just mash I'm afraid! I had toast, mushrooms, beans, an egg and tomato for breakfast, and I'm stopping off for some macroons. Are you still hungry?

Careful saying things like that around here! :p

Seriously though, between the slow cook ribs and the half cooked beef, I think you should have a look at some of those fancy pressure cooker pots, life changing things they are - meat on in the morning, by dinner time in the afternoon it's ready and just falls off the bone! :)

I highly recommend those halogen ovens. Brilliant things. Many's the time we bung a chicken or a duck into it, set the timer, bugger off out to the shops or whatever, and when we get back voilà, roasht burd.

Just mash I'm afraid! I had toast, mushrooms, beans, an egg and tomato for breakfast, and I'm stopping off for some macroons. Are you still hungry?

To answer your question, yes, when I finish this mug of coffee, i'm probably going to just eat the mug.

Gwan Lexie ! Boom Bap :( I feel your hunger

Just saw roz Purcell. She is rotten looking in real life. Major disappointment

Gwan Lexie ! Boom Bap :( I feel your hunger
    You've no idea. I played a football match last night and wolfed down some veggies after it. I had a single bowl of granola this morning and dont plan to eat again until 1:30.
    Doing lots of extra exercise lately and cutting out some of the eating and it has turned me into a savage when I do eat. I'd say I'd resemble a prisoner having his first meal after getting out of solitary when I'm eating now....no worse. Living for Friday where I get to carbo load for a strength & conditioning class on Saturday. FFFFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I've been away, so my head is full of traveller TA's as well as other country TA's. I don't even know where to start :(

Ms B, BB. We have one each! http://tinypic.com/r/ztbtbt/8

• Advertisement

Thanks Lexie :D

Does anyone know how I should make a complaint about a member of staff from Dublin Airport? Is it the DAA?

Ms B, BB. We have one each! http://tinypic.com/r/ztbtbt/8

I just hit my hand off my monitor trying to pick one up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Does anyone know how I should make a complaint about a member of staff from Dublin Airport? Is it the DAA?

I guess it depends on who it was. The passport checkers are Gardaí, the baggage handlers of some airlines are separately managed to those of DAA's staff, similarly with some check in desk people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Got on the train and realised I had forgotten my earphones. Then a woman got on with a toddler and a baby, the baby keeps trying to start crying (it'll probably kick off now any minute) and the toddler just said "I don't where in my hands" (whatever that means) 7 times!
    I booked my seat, like always, but there's only 3 carriages A-C and my seat was in D so I'm not sitting in someone else's pre-booked seat but I like the security of knowing I'm sitting in a seat with my name on it :(

Since last Thursday I've had to take a lot of calls from people who know nothing about bikes but because of their jobs, have to pretend they do.
    "What type of bike do you have?"
    "A Honda Hornet"
    Silence......
    "It's a 600cc"
    Silence...... "Is that a big bike?"
    "No, it's midway between big and small"
    Silence.....
    I felt like saying "it's red and white and goes vroom vroom and yeooowwww" and I probably would've gotten a more coherent response.

I guess it depends on who it was. The passport checkers are Gardaí, the baggage handlers of some airlines are separately managed to those of DAA's staff, similarly with some check in desk people.

You know those gates you walk through at arrivals? After you collect luggage etc and out to where people are waiting? There are three tunnels to walk through. One of the guys working there.

• Advertisement

I've been away, so my head is full of traveller TA's as well as other country TA's. I don't even know where to start :(

When you said "traveller" I thought you meant people of the rogue variety.

I'd say if you contact DAA, if they can't help you, they should be able to tell you who to complain to.

You know those gates you walk through at arrivals? After you collect luggage etc and out to where people are waiting? There are three tunnels to walk through. One of the guys working there.

That's customs. They stopped me once and serached through my bags. Was just on a flight from Amsterdam.....but it was only a connecting flight. As soon as they heard that I didn't leave the airport in Amsterdam they packed my bag back up for me.

Back to the no earphones thing - a fella just got on the train and is loudly eating a box of pringles. I can't see him but I can hear him and all I'm saying is it better be a small box of pringles or he could end up dead.

Back to the no earphones thing - a fella just got on the train and is loudly eating a box of pringles. I can't see him but I can hear him and all I'm saying is it better be a small box of pringles or he could end up dead.

Oh sweet jesus he just opened another bag of crisps :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Oh sweet jesus he just opened another bag of crisps :mad:

Is this him?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement