Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

jim I have no problem with spanners in fact they come in handy when I need to tighten things.
    Mr B can have as many tools as he likes. Are you any good at shelving ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

One of the best things about living in a house, as opposed to an apartment, is that you can have a shed for all your tools and manly stuff. I love my shed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

One of the best things about living in a house, as opposed to an apartment, is that you can have a shed for all your tools and manly stuff. I love my shed.

All hail. May I just add, in the immortal words of Tim Allen, Ugh-Ugh-Uuuugghh!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I have a problem with spanners too. His mam cooks his dinner for him!!!
    I'm impressed with the car work, J.

jim and Trigger will you have a word with Mr B, I 've suggested on numerous occasions that we buy a shed.
    I thought he'd love the idea of a man cave aka Shed but nope

• Advertisement

MsBubbles wrote: »
    jim and Trigger will you have a word with Mr B, I 've suggested on numerous occasions that we buy a shed.
    I thought he'd love the idea of a man cave aka Shed but nope

Hmm. This is serious, he's at risk of having his Bloke Card confiscated at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I said that in the voice of Fr Hackett." I love my brick":D

We need an ask Jim thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Sitting in your shed, with your tools out, and a big can of WD40, heaven:D

Yeah I can imagine the lubricant being important with the bigger tools alright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

I saw a spider in my shed the other day.
    Massive he was.

Now it feels like it's his shed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Sitting down in a cafe having nice cup of tea when eejit in next table answers his phone and proceeds to have a long loud conversation.

The phone is going to get inserted into his rectum in a minute

jamesbere go over and tell him he's being a langer.

I saw a spider in my shed the other day.
    Massive he was.

Now it feels like it's his shed.

Only one course of action, burn the shed.

jamesbere go over and tell him he's being a langer.

No better insult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I want a baby. Every time I see someone with a baby I want to cry. What the actual f.uck is wrong with me??? I nearly feel like....I have a baby already...and can't find it or something. My mum was 1 month pregnant with me when she was my age, bless her. Does that have anything to do with it?? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Being bored.

Hugo being bored sucks

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I want a baby. Every time I see someone with a baby I want to cry. What the actual f.uck is wrong with me??? I nearly feel like....I have a baby already...and can't find it or something. My mum was 1 month pregnant with me when she was my age, bless her. Does that have anything to do with it?? :(

:( is it an option for you at the min?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Does it have to be a baby? I'll give you one of my kids if you want. Potty trained and able to feed themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

the women are getting all womaney again

Hugo being bored sucks

Luckily I have Boards to amuse me! :)

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Does it have to be a baby? I'll give you one of my kids if you want. Potty trained and able to feed themselves.

Sorcha from Morkeshing would call this Upselling, or Adding Value. :pac:

ONW you only think you want a baby. offer to mind a baby for the weekend and you'll soon change your mind ;)

FFS What's all the fuss about Valentine's Day ? Bloody Hallmark Holiday. Since when you have to get your hair/nails/make up done plus buy a new outfit plus book dinner and an overnight stay in hotel. What a load of twaddle

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Yeah, but I bet you wont part the chidderens lowance book:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Yeah, but I bet you wont part the chidderens lowance book:D
    Nay chance, that's the Domino's fund.

eisenberg1 went into tesco last tuesday on my lunch break and couldn't understand why it was so busy then It dawned on me Mickey Money Day

Mickey Money Day

LOL Well named! :D

...Mickey Money Day

<SNORT!>

• Advertisement

ONW you only think you want a baby. offer to mind a baby for the weekend and you'll soon change your mind ;)

Nah, you need to mind a couple of moody teenagers to put you off:D

Jim Hugo I thought everyone knew it was called Mickey Money Day must be a Dublin thing.
    Dey were all in de tescos gerring de nappies for der lirrle princesses like Shaquesha and der lirrle princes Mayson

Jim Hugo I thought everyone knew it was called Mickey Money Day

Oh I did, it's still funny after all these years! :pac:

:( is it an option for you at the min?

I'm not sure. I had a pregnancy scare and then was so worried I would be pregnant and then disappointed when I took a test and realised I wasn't. I've a year to go to graduate so in short....no. But biologically....I'm 31....and who says no to mother nature???? :(

I'm not sure. I had a pregnancy scare and then was so worried I would be pregnant and then disappointed when I took a test and realised I wasn't. I've a year to go to graduate so in short....no. But biologically....I'm 31....and who says no to mother nature???? :(

I do. I look the insufferable, intemperate termagant square in the monocle and tell her to go piss up a downpipe. She then goes stomping off to her room bawling "I 'ate you, 'Enry 'Iggins!!"

More seriously, at 31 I wouldn't panic just yet if I were you.

jimgoose wrote: »
    I do. I look the insufferable, intemperate termagant square in the monocle and tell her to go piss up a downpipe. She then goes stomping off to her room bawling "I 'ate you, 'Enry 'Iggins!!"

More seriously, at 31 I wouldn't panic just yet if I were you.

Really? You know at 35 they call it a "geriatric pregnancy"? :(

I set 35 as my cut off btw. I can do whatever(and whoever) I want in between here and then..

• Advertisement

Really? You know at 35 they call it a "geriatric pregnancy"? :(

I set 35 as my cut off btw. I can do whatever(and whoever) I want in between here and then..

Well, I'm no Eggologist but that leaves four years, dunnit?

Jim Eggologist *snort*

it sucks kid, sorry. I am the least maternal person ever, so can't even comphrend that feeling. If you're a year off graduating though, that's not so bad. You wouldn't feel that passing and then at least there's nothing in your way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

STOP

It's just hormones trying to trick you. It will pass. Mr Pumpkinseeds and I used to have a monthly high 5 to celebrate another succesful month of pregnancy avoidance:D Now I'm 42 and have early menopause which is a relief to be past all the risk of getting pregnant but a bit depressing since it's menopause.

it sucks kid, sorry. I am the least maternal person ever, so can't even comphrend that feeling. If you're a year off graduating though, that's not so bad. You wouldn't feel that passing and then at least there's nothing in your way.

mmmmm but then I've to work a year for free :(

• Advertisement

STOP

It's just hormones trying to trick you. It will pass. Mr Pumpkinseeds and I used to have a monthly high 5 to celebrate another succesful month of pregnancy avoidance:D Now I'm 42 and have early menopause which is a relief to be past all the risk of getting pregnant but a bit depressing since it's menopause.

I'm still in that phase, every month when the rage comes I'm delighted.
    Herself though is longing to get more of my seed inside her to perculate with her eggs.

mmmmm but then I've to work a year for free :(

But if you waited until you graduate, you'd be pregnant for 9 months of working for free. I don't think there's ever a right time to get pregnant. Like literally, it always seems like the worst time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

STOP

Just to say you can still get pregnant during this phase. Actually, there have been studies that suggest women are MORE fertile during this stage.

My son (the youngest) telling his two sisters to hurry up and produce, cos he would like a child in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Smidge wrote: »
    Just to say you can still get pregnant during this phase. Actually, there have been studies that suggest women are MORE fertile during this stage.

I've got a clever little hrt/contraceptive pill, just to be on the safe side. Fcuk Mother Nature, I'm not gonna risk turning my back on that bitch for a second.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Having heartburn that won't go away.

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Having heartburn that won't go away.

Know that feeling. Sparkling water is good.

Know that feeling. Sparkling water is good.

One of the best cleaning products around, it will take snot off suede and diesel out of a carpet.

The luckiest Man would want to up his game. Two more messages from sugar daddy website. One worth 800k and one 1.2 million guy. TA I had to lie about my age though.

I love my OH....but I am not gay......

Oh God....

What do I do?

Break her heart or mine? Whoever was faced with such a choice?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement