Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

The luckiest Man would want to up his game. Two more messages from sugar daddy website. One worth 800k and one 1.2 million guy. TA I had to lie about my age though.

Im trivially annoyed that I am not young enough to go on the sugar daddy website. What age did you say you were?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Zanablue wrote: »
    Im trivially annoyed that I am not young enough to go on the sugar daddy website. What age did you say you were?

I said I was born in 1990. I was really born in 1988. The horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I love my OH....but I am not gay......

Oh God....

What do I do?

Break her heart or mine? Whoever was faced with such a choice?

If you feel that way about having a baby go for it because the perfect time to have a baby never comes. Could you and your partner work something out that you could stay together and still have a baby?

Forever is a long time to settle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

The luckiest Man would want to up his game. Two more messages from sugar daddy website. One worth 800k and one 1.2 million guy. TA I had to lie about my age though.

What are the amounts for/mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Zanablue wrote: »
    If you feel that way about having a baby go for it because the perfect time to have a baby never comes. Could you and your partner work something out that you could stay together and still have a baby?

I told her at the weekend when we were out (nice meal, good few drinks, relaxed etc) that I wanted a baby (not straight away but definitely wanted one in the future) and her response was, "good luck with that" :(

Smidge wrote: »
    What are the amounts for/mean?

It's a gold digging website. They have to put up what they're worth and how muvh they earn p.a, as well as how much they're willing to spend on you a month!

I told her at the weekend when we were out (nice meal, good few drinks, relaxed etc) that I wanted a baby (not straight away but definitely wanted one in the future) and her response was, "good luck with that" :(

To hell with that.

To hell with that.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

You two should borrow my baby for a bit. He hates me but has this magical ability of making people fall in love with him.

He made my 42 year old friend question whether she and her hubby should have a baby. And she has a medical condition whereby she would most likely die a few years after having a child.

She Skype calls me once a week just to see him. Not me btw just him.

He'd convert your OH in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

One of the best things about living in a house, as opposed to an apartment, is that you can have a shed for all your tools and manly stuff. I love my shed.

Oh I beg to differ, I have a 3 bed duplex apartment here in the Mid Boglands, I live on my own, (O.H pop's over on occasion) guess whats in the other 2 bedrooms and attic, which has been floored??? I don't have to go out to a shed for anything, woohoo.:D

ONW, it's the same in my relationship. If I could have got my tubes tied at 21, I would have. My oh coos at babies, he grins at babies and small kids, he LOVES kids. Need a compromise. She can't write you off like that and expect you to be okay with it, if it's something that she most definately didn't want, would you just end up regretting it? Resenting her even.

oops, think I put a reply about tools on the baby forum.......oh nope, it's still the TTTAY page, chuckle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

The "today" show on RTE doing some sort of a blind date format.

Where the ever-loving.... do they get these people? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

The amazing Tommy Emmanuel played here in January, and I booked the tickets 4 months in advance to get decent seats.

This afternoon, I realised that I forgot to go to the gig :mad::(

• Advertisement

The certain guy on all the news' and newspapers from Foxrock, it's always throw in Foxrock, the flippin house is in (geographically) Cornelscourt, But that wouldn't sound as good I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Ficheall wrote: »
    This afternoon, I realised that I forgot to go to the gig :mad::(

Aw no :( you'd be surprised how often that happens, most of my friends have done it at some stage, but maybe I just have particularly forgetful friends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Oh God! Did you see that?! It's my TA for today actually! What the hell was that RTE version of blind date about?! And your one looking for a date? Comedienne or not, what a pain!

Get 20% off your electric bill, I changed last year, to a cheaper one, so this is 20% cheaper (how do they know) 15% off my Gas bill and if I get the company that uses the spray foam that's made in Germany suited to Irish Climate, It makes the attic air tight (thought that was against building reg) I can save up to 50% on my heating, Feck me, if I get all this, I don't know what i'll do with all my spare money.....power tools, or Tim Allen box set, more powerrrrr..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I can't watch it. I only have to see either of them on TV and I have to switch channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Nah, you need to mind a couple of moody teenagers to put you off:D

I have a teenager, one in early 20s , and a 3 yr old. Yup we spread em out! All 3 would put you off :). I wonder could I start a business hiring them all out to people who weren't sure about kids ?

73Cat wrote: »
    I have a teenager, one in early 20s , and a 3 yr old. Yup we spread em out! All 3 would put you off :). I wonder could I start a business hiring them all out to people who weren't sure about kids ?

No offence I'm sure your kids are lovely but that last sentence made me feel like the devil would feel if someone sprinkled holy water on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

No offence I'm sure your kids are lovely but that last sentence made me feel like the devil would feel if someone sprinkled holy water on him

After awhile with the 3 of them you would want to sprinkle holy water on them :)

Getting assaulted on the luas. It's like the runaway train to knackeraugua

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

This stupid storyline on coronation st with the chickens.
    They haven't a clue!
    And I think its very stupid that they're encouraging it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The engine light is back on in my car. Only a month after it was fixed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

KatW4 wrote: »
    The engine light is back on in my car. Only a month after it was fixed :(

Pro tip - put a sticker over it.

(do not do this, your engine needs love)

Haha I think I'll pass! Clever bf has hopefully sorted it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

21 minutes in to an american drama on TV and the title credits are still coming up on screen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

selous wrote: »
    Get 20% off your electric bill, I changed last year, to a cheaper one, so this is 20% cheaper (how do they know) 15% off my Gas bill and if I get the company that uses the spray foam that's made in Germany suited to Irish Climate, It makes the attic air tight (thought that was against building reg) I can save up to 50% on my heating, Feck me, if I get all this, I don't know what i'll do with all my spare money.....power tools, or Tim Allen box set, more powerrrrr..

I don't get the advice from SEAI that you can save 10% on your heating bills by turning the thermostat down 1 degree. So, if I have the heat set at 75 degrees and turn it down to 65 degrees do I get free heating? I think not somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Getting assaulted on the luas. It's like the runaway train to knackeraugua

Worse than the Northside?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Really smelly farts.

especially your own ha ha ha

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Worse than the Northside?:D

It was the red line! Knackers, swear to God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

That Pioneer Woman program on the food network. Could that woman be any more wholesome and smug?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Those people who love either their job or their college course so much that they think that you love hearing about it. For example, my best friend went back to study computer science and has turned annoyingly into a techno junkie. I mentioned that I've started going back running for the new year and of course he suggests that I download this app that tracks my course and gives me my average KM/h etc. A) I know my regular route off by heart and B) I can tell when I am struggling up the hilly parts and don't need some stupid app to rub it in.

TA number two. Anyone who needs an app to encourage them is in the wrong game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

miezekatze wrote: »
    That Pioneer Woman program on the food network. Could that woman be any more wholesome and smug?!

Speaking of wholesome and smug, those fricking Duggar family from that stupid reality tv show called 19 Kids and counting. They are obnoxiously wholesome and extreme goody two shoes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that my fantasy football team is nosediving.

Wrong forum - I know, but they wont listen to me over there. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

using the dole as a means of belittling or ridiculing someone undeserving of it. fair game if they're an obnoxious waster passing judgement on everyone else, but the ones who are genuinely trying to better themselves should be left to do so without personal jokes and put downs at their expense.

My stupid, thick, tangly hair!!! It takes so long to brush. The pain has made me cry. I'm so annoyed that brushing my hair has the power to make me cry :(

• Advertisement

ratmouse wrote:
    Speaking of wholesome and smug, those fricking Duggar family from that stupid reality tv show called 19 Kids and counting. They are obnoxiously wholesome and extreme goody two shoes!

Oh god yeah, they're even more annoying than the Pioneer woman!

KatW4 wrote:
    My stupid, thick, tangly hair!!! It takes so long to brush. The pain has made me cry. I'm so annoyed that brushing my hair has the power to make me cry 

Someone on here recommended the tangle teezer brush recently for that problem. I got one the other day, really makes it a lot easier and less painful!

I gave one already and it only helps a little :( would give anything to have fine hair!

I gave one already and it only helps a little :( would give anything to have fine hair!

No. It's disgusting. Looks like it's dripping from your head. My hair is baby fine. It looks lank and miserable in a pony, it looks unhealthy down. It doesn't keep a backcomb, any curls I put in it just drops, it's fly away. Fine hair is gross

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

My stupid, thick, tangly hair!!! It takes so long to brush. The pain has made me cry. I'm so annoyed that brushing my hair has the power to make me cry :(

Try Garnier Fructis I <3 My Sleek 5 in 1 spray on serum. My hair is often a static tangly mess. I'm like a matted poodle some mornings. This magic stuff makes your hair softer and so much easier to brush. It smells good and gives your hair a good shine too. Not sure where it's sold because someone gave it to me, but any good chemist should have it. I'm TA'd that I've run out of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I ate a dodgy tuna sandwich and now I'm stricken with food poisoning. :(
    Puking on and off all night and currently shaking like a tiny dog in an earthquake. Urrrgh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Ordering stuff online. I'm ordering so much stuff that I'm sick answering my door, every day I get at least two packages. I got four yesterday. I can't stop myself wanting to buy more stuff though.

I'm going to open the door one of these days and just yell at the delivery ma, because it's clearly his fault I have to get out of bed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Get well soon McChubbin. Try to get some fluids into you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,605 ✭✭✭veryangryman

People who redundantly use the last letter of Acronyms. e.g "ATM Machine"

Ive created something at work (acronym SMART - the T stands for Tool) and everyones like, "how do you use the SMART Tool".

a) Its annoying for the same reason as the ATM story
    b) I don't like any word that can be misconscrued as "pen1s"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Morning TTTAYers (aka Titties :D) TA that a dog woke me at 5am barking.

ONW, it's the same in my relationship. If I could have got my tubes tied at 21, I would have. My oh coos at babies, he grins at babies and small kids, he LOVES kids. Need a compromise. She can't write you off like that and expect you to be okay with it, if it's something that she most definately didn't want, would you just end up regretting it? Resenting her even.

Indeed. Babies are one of those huge, divisive issues that a compromise can't be reached on. You can't sort of have a baby and sort of not, or a baby timeshare or something. And someone who wants a baby wont be happy without one, and someone who doesnt want one wont be happy to put up with one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement