Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

We all know that the first sign of the kid getting the trots you would be outta there faster then snot exiting a babys tear duct.

Nice baby though.

I changed her!! I'll admit it was a hose down job, and I didn't look inside the nappy. I give her baths. She likes my baths better than her Mams baths because we have water fights and her mam doesn't let her splash. I sit on the stairs with her and go downstairs on our bums. I let her draw on my face. She's the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I was never a great one for changing nappies, a typical conversations was like,
    Mrs E "Can you not smell that"
    Me "No, I checked a minute and ago and he/she was fine"
    Mrs E " fcuken liar"

But I would bath the kids for Ireland, loved doing it, all that baby bubbles etc............

I might a chat this evening, maybe we will go again:D

Oh yeah, I forgot, I am firing blanks now.

That would terrify me. Babies can drown in like an inch of water or something. So many horror stories about people who leave for 5 seconds to get a towel and the kid manages to do himself in in that time :( Do you just have to be really organised and have everything lined up and within arms reach? That's another problem with kids. It's as if the little feckers have self destruct buttons or something. There is danger everywhere. The bath, the internet, choking hazards, meningitis, traffic, weirdos, bullie, drugs etc. Actually, has anyone got a pill? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...I sit on the stairs with her and go downstairs on our bums...

I love that. :D

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    That would terrify me. Babies can drown in like an inch of water or something. So many horror stories about people who leave for 5 seconds to get a towel and the kid manages to do himself in in that time :( Do you just have to be really organised and have everything lined up and within arms reach? That's another problem with kids. It's as if the little feckers have self destruct buttons or something. There is danger everywhere. The bath, the internet, choking hazards, meningitis, traffic, weirdos, bullie, drugs etc. Actually, has anyone got a pill? :)

Calm down! As a species we seem to have managed for 50,000 years or so! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

jimgoose wrote: »
    I love that. :D

I dont. I have a skinny arsed arse so bumping down the stairs with my 4 year old on my lap hurts!

• Advertisement

I dont. I have a skinny arsed arse so bumping down the stairs with my 4 year old on my lap hurts!

Dr. Goose prescribes some conditioning. Start with a gallon a' porter followed by three quarter-pounders with extra cheese'n'bacon. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

teach them to do it on thier belly ;)

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    teach them to do it on thier belly ;)

In a shiny sleeping bag!

Whooosh!

It's so funny, she's 2 now and she's getting so good at talking. She takes my hand and says " 'mon" all coy, and leads me up stairs, sits on the top step, taps it with her hand and says 'mon!'...

Ah yes, Toddler-speak for "Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

When you miss the last step when walking down stairs. The momentary panic is heart attack inducing

• Advertisement

In a shiny sleeping bag!

Whooosh!

Coooool Runnings!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Ah,you get thru it, especially if you have a good parent to lend a hand now and then. When my son was a kid he was a nightmare, always coming home dripping blood, he fell out of a tree once and managed to impale a branch in his eyeball, on a school trip to a petting zoo, he got bitten by a donkey. We were in FOTA one time ( he was maybe six) turned my back for a second, and he comes charging out of a bush, being chased by a very angry wallabee, he said he did'nt kick it. The list goes on....:D

...he comes charging out of a bush, being chased by a very angry wallabee, he said he did'nt kick it. The list goes on....:D

That's one of the better ones. "Well if my son says he didn't kick the wallabee then he didn't do it!!" :pac::pac::pac:

Vel wrote: »
    When you miss the last step when walking down stairs. The momentary panic is heart attack inducing

Or when you think you've another step to go but you don't :(

Having an itchy palm! Scratching only seems to make it itchier

Ah,you get thru it, especially if you have a good parent to lend a hand now and then. When my son was a kid he was a nightmare, always coming home dripping blood, he fell out of a tree once and managed to impale a branch in his eyeball, on a school trip to a petting zoo, he got bitten by a donkey. We were in FOTA one time ( he was maybe six) turned my back for a second, and he comes charging out of a bush, being chased by a very angry wallabee, he said he did'nt kick it. The list goes on....:D

I just hope it doesn't get too many of my genetic self destruct genes. I was caught on the kitchen floor eating firelighters one day. I still love the smell of them. I drank windolene (presumably believing it to be pink champagne) and was caught swigging chardonnay at the age of five. Managed to go through the felt garage roof when climbing out the bathroom window and crossing to our neighbour's bathroom window seemed a much more acceptable way of gaining access to see my friend than simply using the front door. My brother was even better, he got distracted cycling down a hill and went face first into the back of a parked van. The dentist knew the colour of the van, not because he'd been present but because there was blue paint on the stumps of his teeth :(

I was at the hospital this week with my daughter and a good portion of the doctors were much younger than me. That's becoming a consistent theme in my life now whereby people in professions like teaching, medicine etc. who you would look up to when you were a kid or teenager are now all younger than you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Vel I'm only 39 but I look at the young doctors/police officers/teachers And I feel old :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was at the hospital this week with my daughter and a good portion of the doctors were much younger than me. That's becoming a consistent theme in my life now whereby people in professions like teaching, medicine etc. who you would look up to when you were a kid or teenager are now all younger than you.

My sons teacher i would say is about 10 years younger than me. And I'm only in my early 30's.
    She gets a pass because she is a fox. I *had* to do a cycle-a-thon with her at the weekend. One word. Jeggings.

Which reminds me of another TA. When you wonder why they are dressing kids in suits now and then realise that the "kid" is in his twenties :(

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap you wore your Jeggings AGAIN !

Which reminds me of another TA. When you wonder why they are dressing kids in suits now and then realise that the "kid" is in his twenties :(

The 'suits' these annoyingly young doctors all seemed to be donning involved tight jeans and beards, which made it even worse as while we were speaking about serious things all I could imagine was bumping into them in the latest popular hipster hangout on South William Street

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Boom_Bap you wore your Jeggings AGAIN !
    Not that time.....she was wearing some. Glorious.

I'm going to be slipping into mine in about 15 minutes thought for an oul prance by the canal.

Vel I find Hipsters trivally annoying

Men who wear pink shirts. They are, invariably, total c*ckheads

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    My sons teacher i would say is about 10 years younger than me. And I'm only in my early 30's.
    She gets a pass because she is a fox. I *had* to do a cycle-a-thon with her at the weekend. One word. Jeggings.

I bet she had plenty of the dads, or mums who are that way inclined, frothing at the waist!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

The other day my son asked me "Why don't you wear something less boring? You should wear something colourful like a yellow tracksuit"...

Sometimes I can't tell when he's being serious and when he's just trolling :(

Driving me barmy recently with that irritating twerking move he's copied off the guy in that money supermarket advert :mad:

I always have a giggle at 'that' guy who thinks he's rocking the corporate look but actually looks like a Tranisition Year student on work experience, in an ill-fitting shiny suit that his mum bought him, ironed for him and physically helped him put onthat morning, before sending him on his way with a packed lunch

Just got a sales call asking for the md, When I asked what the call was about he said the md will know me, eh no he won't cos you didn't ask for the md by name. .
    I asked what his firm did and he hung up. Listen Kiddo I'm doing this job 22 years I can smell a billy bullsh!ter.

• Advertisement

Just got a sales call asking for the md, When I asked what the call was about he said the md will know me, eh no he won't cos you didn't ask for the md by name. .
    I asked what his firm did and he hung up. Listen Kiddo I'm doing this job 22 years I can smell a billy bullsh!ter.

Which reminds me of this: "Can you put me through to someone who makes decisions"

????? :confused:

ONW That drives me insane. Sometimes I accidentally ;) cut them off

Which reminds me of this: "Can you put me through to someone who makes decisions"

"Em, I am not sure if I can, can you hold while I ask someone?":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Programmes that remind you of you're lost youth. Been watching Cucumber and Banana on Channel 4 and it reminds me of my wild youth, even though I'm straight:D Makes me feel very middle aged to be a cucumber and not a banana any more.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

TA - The TA thread getting hi jacked by parent and baby talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I decided to have porridge instead of cornflakes this morning.

How can I help you? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Likewise missing the last rung of a ladder. Why does that last piece feel like it's 5ft when you're stretching for the ground?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Feeling sick after physio :(
    Was supposed to go test drive a car now in bed with electric blanket. Cos I'm so whacked after it :(

Likewise missing the last rung of a ladder. Why does that last piece feel like it's 5ft when you're stretching for the ground?

I fell off a forty foot ladder once, I was fine, lucky I was only on the second rung:D

Vel I'm only 39 but I look at the young doctors/police officers/teachers And I feel old :(

I'm only 35!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Every time I reached into the trolley at the checkout today , the buttons on my jacket clattered off it in such a way that it sounded like I was playing the xylophone:(

• Advertisement

People being surprised that the 50 Shades of Grey movie is a pile of sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Amazingly, considering my username, I've only ever had to get my stomach pumped once. I was 18 months old and had crawled into the neighbour's garden, when I decided to drink from an unattended open tin of paint. The paint was white.

Vel we're only childer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

People being surprised that the 50 Shades of Grey movie is a pile of sh1te.

Oh it's going to be so cringeworthy!! I'm only going along as there is food involved. I'll probably TA everyone with my sniggering:)

When I was two, I was my dads shadow. We were on the farm, the tractor was on, he was putting diesel into it, and I saw a thing spinning around. This thing was a fan belt. And I thought it would be fun to catch it. The top of my ring finger got cut off and I have a disfigured finger now but at least still have my hand. Got caught in a bale escalator but it only tore my tshirt before my dad untangled me from it. Got head butted in the face feeding a calf from a bucket and broke my nose. Fell out of a bucket of a jcb. Got my ankle caught under a bale lifter 2 years ago. You'd wonder how kids on farms aren't killed

Lexie what the hell were you doing in a bucket attached to a Digger ?

A farmers cradle. Duh!

What the hell is a farmer's cradle ? Trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

What the hell is a farmer's cradle ? Trigger

I would like to know what a farmers cradle is as well?

Me and my brother wanted a lift in one

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement