Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I'm now off to battle my way around the Jervis Centre to try to buy a shirt and trousers for my son to wear to the wedding of my brother in law who is getting married for the THIRD time this weekend. There are so many TAs in that sentence I could cry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Vel wrote: »
    DIE ALL OF YOU!! Another total gonk in work has just asked me if I have bought new sets of pyjamas for myself and the kids to wear on Christmas Eve. I know this is a 'thing' for some people but why on earth would a grown man be even interested in knowing the answer to this

I was keeping quiet about this but why on earth is everyone going on about "new jammies" - do they only get "new jammies" at Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yeah want to be careful of those short comings, could have your eye out.

'Sure you might as well treat yourself seeing as you've been so good all year' I say to her, while clocking that she looks bigger than ever before despite constantly talking about low fat spreads, syns, rice cakes and her nightly habit of hefting herself round the block for a walk to burn some calories

You lie, like a rug, Vel :)

well done

I'm now off to battle my way around the Jervis Centre to try to buy a shirt and trousers for my son to wear to the wedding of my brother in law who is getting married for the THIRD time this weekend. There are so many TAs in that sentence I could cry
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

That Knorr stock ad. The one where he's asks the market stall guy if the produce is local and the guy says 'yeah, only 70 miles away' 70 miles is local:confused: It's a whole other county.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Give us a clue, male or female?:D
    lol, we're all hoping it's us :P

...right? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

That Knorr stock ad. The one where he's asks the market stall guy if the produce is local and the guy says 'yeah, only 70 miles away' 70 miles is local:confused: It's a whole other county.

The he buys a lump of beef that would cost 45 quid, to make bolognese.....:confused:

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I was keepign quiet about this but why on earth is everyone going on about "new jammies" - do they only get "new jammies" at Christmas?

When I lived in the Portlaoise shore party house, I was the only girl living with 5 lads. They would all comment on the impressive collection of pjs I have, and how I never wore the same pair twice.

But - since I was little, brand new sheets for bed, bath, new Jammies, santa on rte news, and bed. Over the years it's changed to brand new sheets, bath, Jammies, wine, bed.

Tl;Dr no matter how impressive a collection of Jammies, Xmas eve ones are special.

• Advertisement

Please, who, in their right mind would get married three times (so far), I suppose practice makes perfect and all that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,232 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Aglomerado wrote: »
    My mum does something similar. She always gets a bottle of wine from a neighbour she doesn't like, so always feels she has to go out of her way to get a present for the neighbour that has to cost more than the wine that she got.

You could substitute my aunt and uncle* for the neighbours there and it's the same story - my parents would always get a bottle of that cheap vinegar wine (cider wine? Spot the connoisseur! :p), and every year my mother would be fretting over what to get them, despite suggestions to return the bottle of rats piss she'd gotten the year before!

*The word 'tight' doesn't even come close in describing them. The uncle is my brothers' Godfather, and every year on his birthday, he got a pound note in a card, until the pound coin was introduced, and then he just got a card :pac:

You could substitute my aunt and uncle* for the neighbours there and it's the same story - my parents would always get a bottle of that cheap vinegar wine (cider wine? Spot the connoisseur! :p), and every year my mother would be fretting over what to get them, despite suggestions to return the bottle of rats piss she'd gotten the year before!

*The word 'tight' doesn't even come close in describing them. The uncle is my brothers' Godfather, and every year on his birthday, he got a pound note in a card, until the pound coin was introduced, and then he just got a card :pac:

We had friends like that. Thanfully we've purged the tight fisted cúnts now. Every year I'd get a f.ucking Elizabeth Duke chain or bracelt. AKA Argos cráp. One year, my mum got Baylis and Hard on glitter shower gel. FFS a 60 year old woman using glitter shower gel? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

We had friends like that. Thanfully we've purged the tight fisted cúnts now. Every year I'd get a f.ucking Elizabeth Duke chain or bracelt. AKA Argos cráp. One year, my mum got Baylis and Hard on glitter shower gel. FFS a 60 year old woman using glitter shower gel? :P

:eek: How come mine never looks like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

My uncle is my Godfather. I got one birthday card from the guy and that was for my 21st birthday. So 1 card in 41 years, my parents picked well with that fcuker. My brothers Godmother used to arrive every Christmas eve with cool presents for him, I don't think she ever forgot his birthday either and she was my aunts friend, so not even family.

Freudian slip surely? :D

I'm afraid to google in case it's not! :o

• Advertisement

Freudian slip surely? :D

I'm afraid to google in case it's not! :o

It was definitely intentional :P You only have to look at the gloopy clear* sh.ite from those bottles to see the connection :D

*ish

Schwiiing wrote: »
    :eek: How come mine never looks like that?

Crabtree and Evelyn do one too.

It's actually a lotion for crustacean infestations down below :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

It's actually a lotion for crustacean infestations down below
    :P

How do you know? :p

Schwiiing wrote: »
    How do you know? :p

Shuffles uncomfortably - must be the crustaceans :P

:eek:

I was picturing something more like this -

• Advertisement

In Australia?:D

Doctor, I think I have a dose of antipodean fanny lice, do you have anything for that?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

My uncle is my Godfather. I got one birthday card from the guy and that was for my 21st birthday. So 1 card in 41 years, my parents picked well with that fcuker. My brothers Godmother used to arrive every Christmas eve with cool presents for him, I don't think she ever forgot his birthday either and she was my aunts friend, so not even family.

My brother (older) got the good godparents. An aunt and an uncle, both on my mother's side. Auntie used to buy me stuff too at Christmas but my brother would get something stupidly expensive from her like the latest bike. (She bought him the latest bike (BMX/ Racer/ Mountain bike) three Christmases running while I had my second hand High Nelly. :D ). She paid half his house deposit too!

When I was born my folks decided the godparents should come from the father's side. So my father's unmarried brother and the youngest sister were asked. Uncle refused (because he was a cunnox really (thanks Jimgoose!!)) , so they had to get a relation by marriage to become my godfather. He turned out to be miles better than my own aunt, even sent me a couple of thousand out of the blue after I bought my house! You never know...

My brother (older) got the good godparents. An aunt and an uncle, both on my mother's side. Auntie used to buy me stuff too at Christmas but my brother would get something stupidly expensive from her like the latest bike. (She bought him the latest bike (BMX/ Racer/ Mountain bike) three Christmases running while I had my second hand High Nelly. :D ). She paid half his house deposit too!

When I was born my folks decided the godparents should come from the father's side. So my father's unmarried brother and the youngest sister were asked. Uncle refused (because he was a cunnox really (thanks Jimgoose!!)) , so they had to get a relation by marriage to become my godfather. He turned out to be miles better than my own aunt, even sent me a couple of thousand out of the blue after I bought my house! You never know...

Jesus there's a blast from the past! :D *fondly remembers sitting on the carrier on the back as my brother tried to outrun the Gardai after breaking a red light on the way to mass*, actually now I think of it me hole was fair sore, they'd no suspension! :(

Look at the price of 'em now -

http://highnelly.ie :eek:

Jesus there's a blast from the past! :D *fondly remembers sitting on the carrier on the back as my brother tried to outrun the Gardai after breaking a red light on the way to mass*, actually now I think of it me hole was fair sore, they'd no suspension! :(

Look at the price of 'em now -

http://highnelly.ie :eek:

No suspension, that's right, with the potholey roads I was cycling on my teeth were permanently chattering! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Opening my heart up in the 'Anyone fed up with being single right now' and not receiving a reply, everyone hates me on boards. :mad:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

No suspension, that's right, with the potholey roads I was cycling on my teeth were permanently chattering! :D

Ye youngsters don't know ye're born. I've never ridden a pedalling bi-cycle with "suspension", in the name a' Jaysis. And nowadays they've disc brakes and more gear ratios than an artic! :pac:

Opening my heart up in the 'Anyone fed up with being single right now' and not receiving a reply, everyone hates me on boards. :mad:

Do you want a cuddle?

jimgoose wrote: »
    Ye youngsters don't know ye're born. I've never ridden a pedalling bi-cycle with "suspension", in the name a' Jaysis. And nowadays they've disc brakes and more gear ratios than an artic! :pac:

I would imagine you have some sort of hi-octane powered penny farthing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

What is it about some couples who see pedestrian bridges not as a means to cross a river, but as an opportunity to publically display their affection for each other by mauling and snogging each other against the railings and impersonating Rose and Jack on the bridge of the Titanic, while those of us with busy lives to lead have to try to negotiate by them while they indulge in their romantic moment

Watch and learn. You need to dress and act like a grown man, walk into the fcukan place like you own it, and everyone in it.

• Advertisement

That's one way of describing The General, I suppose! :pac::pac::pac:

Fart powered penny farthing, that I would like to see! :D

Bet it makes a noise like a Honda 50!!

The hardship of my life, trying to decide if I'm too old to dye my hair back purple or leave it black. I have one of those faces that ruin all hair styles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

TAs this morn between 8.05and 8.15am:mad:
    Got into car and OH had adjusted mirror and seat while cleaning it yesterday..I tried to fix the seat while driving down a hill and the damn thing slid forward nearly putting me through the windscreen and my leg pressed the accelerator to the floor FFS

Stopped at lights on roundabout and car in front had L plate..lights go green and the car stalled..I felt sorry for her but then yer man behind me starts blowing the horn...What did he want me to do ..shunt her out of the way??Ass*hole

Parked in work and saw boss parked nearby ...he started dilly dallying so we would be walking in together so i had to pretend to be rooting in my bag until he walked away...cant be talking at that hour to anyone:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

"Happy Holidays"!. It's Christmas.

Christmas, Christmas. Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

What is it about some couples who see pedestrian bridges not as a means to cross a river, but as an opportunity to publically display their affection for each other by mauling and snogging each other against the railings and impersonating Rose and Jack on the bridge of the Titanic, while those of us with busy lives to lead have to try to negotiate by them while they indulge in their romantic moment

Made even worse when you're out for a jog and they're blocking your way. Have you no homes to go to?

Jesus I'm old.

Neil Delamere,

Neil Delamere,

Had to google, "Oh that clown!", about as amusing as having my nuts squelched on the carrier of a black nelly! :rolleyes:

Had to google, "Oh that clown!", about as amusing as having my nuts squelched on the carrier of a black nelly! :rolleyes:

He's not anything like as bad as Ed Byrne. There's a young man with a grossly exaggerated view of his own coolness.

• Advertisement

People spreading their germs all over the place. Yuk.

Neil Delamere,
    jimgoose wrote: »
    He's not anything like as bad as Ed Byrne. There's a young man with a grossly exaggerated view of his own coolness.

Both sh1te, they aree about as funny as a bad case of galloping knob rot.

Do you ever notice how these "comedians" spend much of their time on panels, fawning all over each and laughing at very unfunny, scripted jokes.

People spreading their germs all over the place. Yuk.

My god! What a coincidence, tis winter and all that, what do you expect.

Both sh1te, they aree about as funny as a bad case of galloping knob rot.

Do you ever notice how these "comedians" spend much of their time on panels, fawning all over each and laughing at very unfunny, scripted jokes.

Hmm. Much like clusters of jaded hacks on panels, no doubt selected for their highly professional journalism skills and vast stores of observed knowledge and wisdom of the world and its people, to inform and dazzle in equal measure us unwashed lumpenproletariat as we stare uncomprehendingly up from our bowls of lumpy gruel at t'tellybox. Well the Goose has a message for you. The only culture you people have ever seen is in your organic knitted yoghurt, and to paraphrase the great Brendan Behan I see more accumulated knowledge and wisdom in a porter shít. :D

The words of that song "A Child is Born". I used to like that speaky bit in the middle where the guy is parping on about love and peace and Jesus saving the world. What rubbish. I think there is actually a line where he says "a child that will turn tears to laughter...war to peace" - Religion is one of the biggest causes of war like! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

But it is a trivial annoyance all the same - hence why it's here.

• Advertisement

People to cover their pie holes when they cough. I understand this may be an alien idea to someone who was dragged up, but it's really not that much to ask.

But it is a trivial annoyance all the same - hence why it's here.

And another TA - people still believing that colds are caused by the weather :rolleyes:

The words of that song "A Child is Born". I used to like that speaky bit in the middle where the guy is parping on about love and peace and Jesus saving the world. What rubbish. I think there is actually a line where he says "a child that will turn tears to laughter...war to peace" - Religion is one of the biggest causes of war like! :(

Unbeliever!! you should be stoned, actually, we should all get stoned:D

My pet peeve at the moment, our water immersion heater, every time someone in the house takes a shower, you have to wait an hour and a half till the water is semi-decent warm, its bloody freezing stepping out of that shower. I've asked the landlord countless times to install a power shower, hot water in an instant.

Unbeliever!! you should be stoned, actually, we should all get stoned:D

Pfffft chance'd be a fine thing :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement