Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

MsBubbles wrote: »
    What the hell is a farmer's cradle ? Trigger

Put hay in digger bucket. Add child to bucket. Raise bucket. Use levers to move bucket to and fro. Child falls asleep.

This is working better in my head- right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Thanks Trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Me and my brother wanted a lift in one

It sounds like you had a great time growing up on the farm

Put hay in digger bucket. Add child to bucket. Raise bucket. Use levers to move bucket to and fro. Child falls asleep.

This is working better in my head- right?

Thanks for explaining I understand now.

Zanablue phew. I thought I was the only one who didn't know what a farmer's cradle was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Zanablue phew. I thought I was the only one who didn't know what a farmer's cradle was.

haha I find I am learning new things everyday by reading this thread, some of them I keep quiet about and eventually work out what they are, but I had to ask about the farmers cradle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Vel wrote: »
    I'm only 35!:eek:

I'm 31! :eek:

When I was two, I was my dads shadow. We were on the farm, the tractor was on, he was putting diesel into it, and I saw a thing spinning around. This thing was a fan belt. And I thought it would be fun to catch it. The top of my ring finger got cut off and I have a disfigured finger now but at least still have my hand. Got caught in a bale escalator but it only tore my tshirt before my dad untangled me from it. Got head butted in the face feeding a calf from a bucket and broke my nose. Fell out of a bucket of a jcb. Got my ankle caught under a bale lifter 2 years ago. You'd wonder how kids on farms aren't killed

They are, quite often :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Will ya stop, I have a coat older than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I cried yesterday because my husband brought me home a scone, but no cream.
    I had a complete crazy lady meltdown.

Just had it there with butter and jam and it was really nice, now I have to apologise. Ugh, I wanted it to be horrible but it really wasn't!! :o

• Advertisement

We're getting couches delivered tomorrow, they're going to have to stay I'm the garden for a few hours, then hopefully they fit through the door. :( fml. Being a grown up sucks.

Puts the scones in perspective though.

We're getting couches delivered tomorrow, they're going to have to stay I'm the garden for a few hours, then hopefully they fit through the door. :( fml. Being a grown up sucks.

Puts the scones in perspective though.

Hope it does not rain tomorrow then.
    Starting to drizzle in D16 now....there go my plans for a stroll round the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

OldNotWIse wrote: »

I'm 29!!! :eek::eek:

Hope it does not rain tomorrow then.
    Starting to drizzle in D16 now....there go my plans for a stroll round the park.

Oh stop. I'm in Bray and drizzling here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

"So Jim, here's that new project template code I was working on, you might throw it up on a VM when you've time. The README is a .md file, I find NerdmeisterSoft Alienscrotum best for viewing those!"

"What? Is there some reason you didn't write the README in plain text so I could open it with a text editor, like we've been doing since 1970, instead of forcing me to waste my increasingly scarce and horrifically expensive time searching for and installing Yet Another Document Reader written by some 22-year-old propeller-head with delusions of adequacy? C'mere t'me biy, 'til I be givin' you a nawfal fcukan baytin'!!" :mad:

I'm 29!!! :eek::eek:

I'm 23 :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

jimgoose wrote: »
    "So Jim, here's that new project template code I was working on, you might throw it up on a VM when you've time. The README is a .md file, I find NerdmeisterSoft Alienscrotum best for viewing those!"

"What? Is there some reason you didn't write the README in plain text so I could open it with a text editor, like we've been doing since 1970, instead of forcing me to waste my increasingly scarce and horrifically expensive time searching for and installing Yet Another Document Reader written by some 22-year-old propeller-head with delusions of adequacy? C'mere t'me biy, 'til I be givin' you a nawfal fcukan baytin'!!" :mad:

The amount of times I get told to open a file in VEEdit is ridiculous. That fooking thing would give you a tumor if you look at it long enough.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The amount of times I get told to open a file in VEEdit is ridiculous. That fooking thing would give you a tumor if you look at it long enough.

<twitch>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having eyes that don't match your appetite, then feeling bad when the waitress asks you if there was something wrong with it

jimgoose wrote: »

Boom_Bap wrote: »

MY TA is not having a bull's notion WTF you two are on about.

Don't even think of trying to explain it to me:D

Mr E the only bit of Jim's post I understood was a nawful baytin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My TA , you are all getting younger :( !

Cat I'm the oldest one here :( yis are all only chislers

TA the luas customer cares attitude to complaints. I pay to use the luas morning and evening. I got on the luas last night. 4 teenage scumbags were on the luas already and they were rough out, really nasty. Combover hair, socks up over their tracksuit bottoms. Two of them got off their seats after laughing a bit, and came to stand next to me. I ignored them, and one of them kept inching closer and closer to me until I finally said sorry do you mind? "What's wrong wid ya luv" and "starrri" was pretty much the extent of their vocab. Until one started touching me and I freaked out, and ended up with one of them spitting straight into my face.
    Two different men nearby both intervened but it didn't stop them.

I called the luas first thing this morning to complain. Your one was like "oh we have security working" and "there are emergency buttons on all trams, as well as on the ticket machines". Oh ok then, a paying customer is supposed to get off the tram to report anti social behaviour? And there wasn't one security guy at any of the stops either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

TA the luas customer cares attitude to complaints. I pay to use the luas morning and evening. I got on the luas last night. 4 teenage scumbags were on the luas already and they were rough out, really nasty. Combover hair, socks up over their tracksuit bottoms. Two of them got off their seats after laughing a bit, and came to stand next to me. I ignored them, and one of them kept inching closer and closer to me until I finally said sorry do you mind? "What's wrong wid ya luv" and "starrri" was pretty much the extent of their vocab. Until one started touching me and I freaked out, and ended up with one of them spitting straight into my face.
    Two different men nearby both intervened but it didn't stop them.

I called the luas first thing this morning to complain. Your one was like "oh we have security working" and "there are emergency buttons on all trams, as well as on the ticket machines". Oh ok then, a paying customer is supposed to get off the tram to report anti social behaviour? And there wasn't one security guy at any of the stops either.

Jesus, so sorry to hear that Lexi :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Jesus Lexie that's horrible. I think you feel terribly violated when you've been spat on. Sorry that happened to you.

Cat I'm the oldest one here :( yis are all only chislers

42 next month !

Cat thought you were 32

Cat thought you were 32

73 probably = 1973 ;)

Cat thought you were 32

Noooo! I wish !!

Max and Cat as you can tell I'm not very good with numbers

• Advertisement

Little bastards, a waste of organs. Sorry to hear about that. I would rather someone kicked me in the nuts than spit in my face, an awful thing to do to anyone. Thank christ I do not have to use the LUAS.

Lexie they will have no luck for that. With any luck they will eat something dodgy and end up with explosive diarrhoea and projectile vomiting (not on the Luas). Scumbags :(

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Little bastards, a waste of organs. Sorry to hear about that. I would rather someone kicked me in the nuts than spit in my face, an awful thing to do to anyone. Thank christ I do not have to use the LUAS.

This.

What kind of a human would think that it is ok to grope a stranger and then spit at her when she protests. Fcking dregs of humanity.

This.

What kind of a human would think that it is ok to grope a stranger and then spit at her when she protests. Fcking dregs of humanity.

As Alan Partridge would say, "Scum. Sub-human scum."

Lexie that's awful. Hope you're ok now. I'd draft an email and send to Brian Brennan MD of Luas explaining what happened.
    In fact let me write the email for you and I'll give them what for. I feel like kicking some ass today

Give 'em hell, Bubbles!

Mr E the only bit of Jim's post I understood was a nawful baytin

Jolly good! That's what we in the trade call Effective Communication! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

73Cat wrote: »
    42 next month !
    :(:(:(Think Im the oldest so...really tittied now:mad:

Colser wrote: »

If it helps.... I feel 80 :(

• Advertisement

I'm fierce fighty cos stupid pratts won't answer their phones and I sound like an eejit when the customer rings for the 3rd time and I say I can't reach the person the customer needs to talk to

Colser wrote: »

Ahem, no, you are not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Ahem, no, you are not.

Scrameen surely must be the eldest of us all? :D

TA: My get up and go seems to have got up and gone :(

Tiredness and facing into a luas journey home, full of unmoving cranks and skángers and people pushing and shoving and coughing. Eugh. Think I'll walk :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Im 42 [sobs]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

O.H asks me to change the light in spare room, the whole lot, rose included in the replacement, so turn off the power at fuse box, and get busy, black and red wires in ceiling, blue and brown on replacement so fiddled around with all the wires pulled them to get a little wriggle room on them, job done, put in bulb, switch it on at the light switch, before I turn power back on just in case it goes POP, THE FECK1N THING LIT UP, I roar at O.H wtf, oh yeah, she says nonchalantly , there's 2 main switch's, How the fcuk I wasn't shocked I don't know. Who has 2 main switch's in a house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

As a lefty when I have to write on a birthday, Christmas, wedding, exam card etc.
    I don't think it is physically possible for a lefty not to smudge these cards.

I've never understood why lefties can't write the same way righties can. Why do they smudge nd we don't? If I write with my left hand, I don't smudge it.

I've never understood why lefties can't write the same way righties can. Why do they smudge nd we don't? If I write with my left hand, I don't smudge it.

Because you'd have to write backwards? You write from left to right, so your hand is moving over the ink that you just put down.

When one of your best friends boyfriends notices your efforts before your Oh.
    "Do you do your eyebrows every day? They always look immaculate". You think the luckiest man in ireland notices? Naw. He scoffed in my face when I told him they frame a face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

All this Valentine's Day talk. Fúck off the lot of ye!

I'm not bitter, I swear

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement