Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Im a leftie as well.Im fecking doomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Crumpets Valentines Day what a crock of sh!t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

A big TA for me...

When a person sits beside you on the bus and starts engaging in a convo.

WTF?

I want to snooze, read the news, check my emails. and I am sorry, not interested in your life. It's only twenty minutes FGS, so stay quiet and let us all get home without human interraction!

Had that all day today at work thanks, but at least I'm being paid for it!

When one of your best friends boyfriends notices your efforts before your Oh.
    "Do you do your eyebrows every day? They always look immaculate". You think the luckiest man in ireland notices? Naw. He scoffed in my face when I told him they frame a face

I thought you gave him the boot recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Every. Fucking. Friday. "Any plans for the weekend?"
    Yes, my plan is to mind my own fucking business, you should too.

NegativeCreep tell them you're taking part in a ritual sacrafice bet they won't ask again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

MsBubbles wrote: »
    NegativeCreep tell them you're taking part in a ritual sacrafice bet they won't ask again ;)

I usually just tell them I'm planning on **** all weekend. But the find that funny now :(

When the person driving down the road will not pull in when there is a car parked on their side to let me through.

How the F did they pass their test.

And then they give me a wave to thank me! WTF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People raving about the wonders of meditation. I think it'd take a frontal lobotomy for me to find inner peace and relaxation.

TA with Van Morrisson he's a supremely talented musician but by golly he's weird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Hiccups!!!! Arghhhhh

Stupid noisy neighbours are doing diy. FFS who the hell does drilling, hammering and sawing at 22.41

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Okay so I'm a bit on edge due to everything that's going on but...

The train journey today:
    An old man sitting in the seat beside me, who, when someone's phone started ringing loudly, turned around to me and said "turn that thing off!", I said "it's not my phone and don't be so bloody rude". He spent the rest of the journey reading the Irish Times basically taking over the two seats.
    Then for about a half hour there was a baby saying "aaaah aaaah aaaah aaaah" over and over again.
    Then a woman got on and she smelled like they hadn't washed in 3 years. Everytime she moved you'd get a waft and it was nearly making me vomit.
    Then some guy sat down across the aisle for me and basically sniffed for an hour. Sniff. Sniff. SNIIIIFFFF. Sniff. Sniff. Yuck.
    Then there was a guy talking about sandwiches for the 1700 train for 15 minutes, you'll have to check the temperature for the sandwiches and check the 1805 train, yeah you need more sandwiches, yeah the 1700 train, check the temperature, sandwiches, SANDWICHES, SANDWICHES, SANDWICHES. He must have said the word sandwiches 25 times. I don't like the word sandwiches anymore.

And then there's loads of other things from life right now that I can't talk about but ARGH :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Stupid noisy neighbours are doing diy. FFS who the hell does drilling, hammering and sawing at 22.41

Euphemism! Euphemism!! :)

...The train journey today...

What are you at, is your motorcycle laid up?

jimgoose wrote: »
    What are you at, is your motorcycle laid up?

Yeah, the assessor was out at it yesterday, pretty badly damaged, and now the local lad is pricing up the parts, still don't know if it's a financial write off. Hope to fúck it's not. I can't ride at the moment anyway because my back is totally and utterly fúcked (MRI Scan appointment on 23rd Feb) but I need my bike repaired and back on the road for when I am able to ride again.

Yeah, the assessor was out at it yesterday, and now the local lad is pricing up the parts, still don't know if it's a financial write off. Hope to fúck it's not. I can't ride at the moment anyway because my back is totally and utterly fúcked (MRI Scan appointment on 23rd Feb) but I need my bike repaired and back on the road for when I am able to ride again.

Oh rollocks, I hate that. I hope it all pans out for you.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Oh rollocks, I hate that. I hope it all pans out for you.

Me too. Still so so angry. I can't understand why someone would be doing that speed approaching a roundabout and not see a vehicle stopped at the roundabout right in front of them. So mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I thought you gave him the boot recently?

Ah yeah but couldnt leave him pining after me :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Because you'd have to write backwards? You write from left to right, so your hand is moving over the ink that you just put down.

But if you hold the pen right then I don't see how this could happen. I'm going to have to watch my brother in law write. The fingers resting on the page would be lower than what you're writing...It's not like you're going higher with each line!

Unless the hold the pen beside the fingers that are resting on the page... I'll investigate! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

My (new) neighbours are doing this too. Once at 1am. They gave a two year old and a four year old who run around at 10.30pm slamming doors and screaming :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

But if you hold the pen right then I don't see how this could happen. I'm going to have to watch my brother in law write. The fingers resting on the page would be lower than what you're writing...It's not like you're going higher with each line!

Unless the hold the pen beside the fingers that are resting on the page... I'll investigate! :o

It doesn't really work like that, if you're writing with your left hand you've to push the pen along and drag the hand behind it, you can't really put the hand below where you're writing and then just pivot it clockwise as you go like you do with the right. It's kinda hard to explain. :p

In short, avoiding smudging with your left hand involves some discomfort and writing more awkwardly. If most people were left handed, we'd probably write from right to left.

You may notice that some people when writing with their left hand sort of hook it around and write from above in the most uncomfortable, Gollum looking way - that's to avoid smudging!

It doesn't really work like that, if you're writing with your left hand you've to push the pen along and drag the hand behind it, you can't really put the hand below where you're writing and then just pivot it clockwise as you go like you do with the right. It's kinda hard to explain. :p

In short, avoiding smudging with your left hand involves some discomfort and writing more awkwardly. If most people were left handed, we'd probably write from right to left.

You may notice that some people when writing with their left hand sort of hook it around and write from above in the most uncomfortable, Gollum looking way - that's to avoid smudging!

Yeah I thought that was more comfortable for them for some reason!! it looks really weird. my son is left handed, maybe I should force him to use his right like old times, save him a lot of hassle in future!! :P

Yeah I thought that was more comfortable for them for some reason!! it looks really weird. my son is left handed, maybe I should force him to use his right like old times, save him a lot of hassle in future!! :P

You'll probably just make him hate you :P His brain is wired how it's wired.

You'll probably just make him hate you :P His brain is wired how it's wired.

Oh of course, I was kidding! His dad was left handed but forced to use his right, his writing was always terrible, he said it never felt normal to use that one.

• Advertisement

Oh of course, I was kidding! His dad was left handed but forced to use his right, his writing was always terrible, he said it never felt normal to use that one.

Yeah I can't imagine it would be good. I was ambidextrous as a child but I ended up falling into a habit of using my left. So now I'm right handed for sports and stuff, left handed for writing, and ambidextrous for other stuff. A freak, basically!

I knew you were kidding! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Men who sit with their legs wide apart, taking up double the space. What are other supposed to think? If your meat-and-two-veg are overheating, go dunk them in a shot glass of water ...

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

jimgoose no it wasn't a euphamism. They really were doing DIY. Having previously heard her (think the fake orgasm scene in When Harry Met Sally) inflagrente . I know the difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am a leftie and come from a long line of lefties. TA that my one and only heir is a righty. :(
    End of the line.

Trigger you'll have to have another babby ;)

• Advertisement

Trigger you'll have to have another babby ;)

At 43? GTFO! :D

hey my uncle became a dad for the 3rd time at 52

hey my uncle became a dad for the 3rd time at 52

One is more than enough for us! He is a lovely wee fella but has us worn out. I danced a wee jig when he got out of nappies. Dont fancy doing all that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

bnt wrote: »
    Men who sit with their legs wide apart, taking up double the space. What are other supposed to think? If your meat-and-two-veg are overheating, go dunk them in a shot glass of water ...

you can think all you want.
    my bag isn't being squashed for your sensitivities.

Waiting for a series of phone calls, very important phone calls that may or may not come that could either make or break me right now. I'm so drowsy from the medication I'm on that I'm afraid I'm going to miss the call so I'm on edge waiting on the phone.

TA how valentines cards don't seem to come in multi packs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Crappy sleep again :(. I never have any bother going to sleep, it's staying asleep. Was in bed for 11.30, awake again at 3.45. Still wide awake after 6am. I only dozed after that, as I was expecting the little one to be up any minute. She actually crawled in beside me at 7, and slept till 8. I don't think she has ever slept that long which was great, but I'm highly trivially annoyed that I didn't get the benefit of it :(

The pope saying people who remain child free are "selfish". Excuse me but am I missing something here? Where is his brood??

People who wear coats that look like dressing gowns

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The pope saying people who remain child free are "selfish". Excuse me but am I missing something here? Where is his brood??

Yeah, sure we all know priests don'h have kids;):D

• Advertisement

Depends on what you mean by "have". They must be getting low on alter boys or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Lexie i have to say you are one of my favs on TTTAY.Your posts always make me laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

To the guy who is swaggering around the office, with your phone headphones on acting all important, and with a pencil behind your ears (I mean, seriously??!)...
    Please have a bit of decorum, and hold the doors for your fellow workers... don't take up so much of the corridor as you swagger along, and don't act oh so 'holier than thou' as you are acting like knob jockey of the highest order.

If you're reading this... YOU'RE A COCK!!!

Sincerely.

WM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

On facebook, there was a person who mentioned they had an "abyss" on their tooth.

Imagine if it has to be filled, at the rate dentists are charging that would be a couple of million euro at least.

Eiseberg1 FFS !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I can't think of any TA's :( Don't get me wrong, I'm not TA free, I still feel like a f.ucking briar but I just can pinpoint any TA's. TA dysfunction, one might say.

ONW It's ok I get like that sometimes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    TA dysfunction.

You may a spceial little pll for that... Whyagra.

It makes you question 'why' all those trivial things, and keeps you going for hours!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

On the Luas lately I have noticed people becoming more and more annoying all the time. Or perhaps I am becomigng less tolerant. No matter where I sit, there are annoyances. On the inside seat, you are directly under the air con and slowly freeze to death, plus some fat f.ucker will undoubtedly phlump down beside you and touch their horrible fat thigh off yours. On the outside, there will be people standing way too close, crowding your personal space and will either have their crotch at your eye level or be pushing their áss into your shoulder etc. Some f.ucker this morning stood in the aisle (not down the aisle of course, oh no we had to stand right beside ONW didn't we?) and muched his /her way through a cereal bar right in my f.ucking ear :( Sitting in the very front seat will leave you open to having your shins touched off by people who crowd on with no sense of spatial awareness :( Then there are the sniffers, snorters, hackers, gulpers, swallowers etc. Is it just me or does every single f.ucking person have some kind of throat/sinus problem?? Give up the dairy, dimwits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Is it just me or does every single f.ucking person have some kind of throat/sinus problem?? Give up the dairy, dimwits!

I did, and I still have issues :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement