Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People who can't sit still for two minutes, one of the girls wanted her makeup done. Sitting like a jack in the box on the chair, ffs. Stay quiet. "I want dramatic eyes" ok. "Let's use red lipstick!" Are you sure?
    So I did what she wanted "oh let's take off the red lipstick. **** OFF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Whats going on with the Friday lunchtime shopping folks? Just back from Dundrum - you would swear it was christmas eve or something.
    And the amount of Yummy Mummys in their 151-D landrovers down there is taking the biscuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I'm TA'd because I'm a lazy fudger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I'm trivially annoyed that I wasn't on this bus and therefore couldn't get trivially annoyed by the delay:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0213/679916-fire-bus/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Six months ago one if the teams here asked me to investigate something for them. Spent a fortnight doing so, wrote a detailed memo examining my findings, met with them to go through it all, make sure the results were satisfactory, updated the memo accordingly. All done, everyone happy. Filed it under forget and moved on to the next project.

Roll on to this week, I get an email requesting a meeting WITH THE MEMO ATTACHED, at which they ultimately spend an hour asking me a load of questions which are answered, in detail, in the memo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

In a coffee shop and sitting at a table with my back to the door. All well and good until someone opens said door and doesn't close it properly behind them. I get the draft and rain from outside. I have to keep pushing the door closed so I don't freeze. Most actually do take notice and close it when they go in and out but others don't take a blind bit of notice. Arrgh people!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Whats going on with the Friday lunchtime shopping folks? Just back from Dundrum - you would swear it was christmas eve or something.
    And the amount of Yummy Mummys in their 151-D landrovers down there is taking the biscuit.

Valentines day tomorrow. I saw so many men getting roses from Lidl/Dunnes. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Wearing a suit.....fooking hate wearing suits. Was in one for about 2 hours today and have removed and ready to burn.
    Shirts buttoned to the top....ties.....shoes. Fook all that sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People inviting themselves along to lunch. Going for lunch with a couple of people who are leaving today and then someone who doesn't even work with us anymore invites herself along. She was deliberately not invited because she is the type of person who is all "me me me" and doesn't even know the leavers that well. Also annoyed at the passive bint who told her where we were going so that she could come along. Feel like putting the two of them together at a different table.

Also, people who shout stuff over at you even though you are clearly talking to someone else who is beside you. I really find this incredibly irritating and so rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Wearing a suit.....fooking hate wearing suits. Was in one for about 2 hours today and have removed and ready to burn.
    Shirts buttoned to the top....ties.....shoes. Fook all that sh*t.

What were you in court for? :p:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

What were you in court for? :p:D

touching and spitting on a girl on the Luas :pac:

jokes, jokes, jokes.

jokes, jokes, jokes.

Brave man joking about that! Lexie on a rampage is something none of us are ready for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

jokes, jokes, jokes.

Yeah, I knew you would not spit on someone.....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

OldNotWise heard the bus driver on the radio this morning he was finished his shift and driving back to the depot when he rescued the nudey man

Boom_Bap I bet you look well fit in a suit ;)

MsBubbles wrote: »
    OldNotWise heard the bus driver on the radio this morning he was finished his shift and driving back to the depot when he rescued the nudey man

Boom_Bap I bet you look well fit in a suit ;)

Room for one nudey man on top:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Six months ago one if the teams here asked me to investigate something for them. Spent a fortnight doing so, wrote a detailed memo examining my findings, met with them to go through it all, make sure the results were satisfactory, updated the memo accordingly. All done, everyone happy. Filed it under forget and moved on to the next project.

Roll on to this week, I get an email requesting a meeting WITH THE MEMO ATTACHED, at which they ultimately spend an hour asking me a load of questions which are answered, in detail, in the memo.

This drives me insane.
    Most of my work is done in that manner, asked to do x so I do all the background work and then type up a memo with all my information and findings etc and then I have to sit through a half hour meeting with the boss while she asks me questions which are answered in the memo. Just read the memo yourself!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

TA for today has to be the broadband being down from 7 this morning until 5 minutes ago. The isolation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Eejits that shout across the street to each other - just cross the damn road! I don't want to know which one of you is paying for weed.
    Cyclists on the flippin footpath - use your brain, use the cycle lane! Grrrrr!
    Kn*bheads who bring massive trolleys into teeny tiny shops - are you f***ing serious?!
    Amadáns who stand, bent over with their a$$ sticking out, blocking an entire aisle - move b1tch or you'll get a spank!!
    People who drop rubbish on the ground when there is a bin two feet away, people who litter in general - pick it up you cnut!
    Drivers who speed past when I'm crossing a pedestrian crossing - what if I tripped and fell in front of your car!
    Forgot the feckin tin foil - again!
    Not realising till I get home that I payed nearly 2 euro for a can of coke - outrageous! And the new coke life tastes like crap.
    Having an itch that goes right to the bone - and not being able to reach it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

When you arrive at a set of pedestrian traffic lights and someone is already there, surely it is safe to assume they have pressed the button? Not in my life. The amount of times I rock up and then slowly realise that there is indeed a person standing there waiting to cross but they haven't pressed the button.

What the actual fcuk? Surely you figured out, or were taught the whole concept behind pedestrian traffic lights by your mammy once you came out of nappies (although, that could be an adult nappy I see peeking out of your trousers, which might explain why you are so inept at life)

More that TA I asked for 4 weeks holidays hoping I'd get 3 weeks no. It's company policy max 2 weeks leave at time :(

• Advertisement

Brave man joking about that! Lexie on a rampage is something none of us are ready for.

Id touch him back when he was wearing his meggings

I like bananas, especially ripe bananas.
    This morning, I put two nice, ripe bananas in my bag, and promptly
    forgot all about them. Now, I have just went to get my gloves from my bag, my
    nice, expensive, leather gloves and they are fcuking stinking
    like a monkeys breakfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'm so tired today I could sleep on the washing line. My daughter had two appointments today, had to drive into town for the first one. I had to bring the little one with me as no one at home. Recipe for disaster. She shrieked so much for chocolate ice cream that I scraped the car pulling out of my space after the first appointment. I'm so hungry as I didn't have time for lunch. We went to Tesco and she was a maggot in there. Driving back to collect daughter from second appointment, some goon thinks he can pull out under me on the roundabout, and give a jolly wave, and it's OK! The little one is now shrieking "I want Daddy" in the back of the car. Stop the world , I want to get off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

We cancelled our broadband as someone was moving out and it was in his name. It took the company about 20 minutes to switch it off. I set up an account in my name... it takes a week to turn back on. Really??? So annoying :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Ugh, so glad to be out of the office! One of my colleagues had the stinkiest food in the world for lunch and the entire place smelled of it for the rest of the day. I still have the smell in my nose now and I'm home now. Disgusting!!

I am sick and tired of every stupid ****ing idiot I encounter. I'm tired of being surrounded by nothingb but morons. And people talking over me when they know **** all about what they're doing. Easily excited people. I don't need to hear you ****ing neighing over a nail polish. The smell of nail polish ****. People who burn smelly candles trying to mask nail smells, so instead of us suffocating with one strong smell, that's not enough, fire up the candle so we can really not catch our breath.

Not getting a lunch. Leaving work and crossing the street before being called back because SOME ****ING SIMPLETON is unable to grasp the concept of the appointment system. When I leave, that means I am not there. Even the thickest of the thick should be able to get that between their thick skulls.

Being interrupted. I'm already like an anti Christ, don't knock on the door while I'm in a treatment. Stop making noise. Stop laughing like hyenas.

Why isn't today my weekend? I can't cope with one more day

Why isn't today my weekend? I can't cope with one more day

Hang in there....you will be away from the muppets in a couple of hours.

And back in tomorrow for another dose of simpletonitis.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Vel wrote: »
    When you arrive at a set of pedestrian traffic lights and someone is already there, surely it is safe to assume they have pressed the button? Not in my life. The amount of times I rock up and then slowly realise that there is indeed a person standing there waiting to cross but they haven't pressed the button.

What the actual fcuk? Surely you figured out, or were taught the whole concept behind pedestrian traffic lights by your mammy once you came out of nappies (although, that could be an adult nappy I see peeking out of your trousers, which might explain why you are so inept at life)

That really is my biggest pet peeve.I just want to shake them,how fecking long where they standing there.They would have been across by now if they only pressded the button.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I hate the school run with a vengence.I do 1 drop off and 3 pick ups.My heads wrecked doing it.
    Not only that i now have a kidney infection.I just want a few years holiday.

Perfect Friday night wine, tv me and the cat. Ta hubby is working and isn't here

Watching the same bloody episode of Gold Rush again!

Also TA'd that my 100 post count is now going to be at 101. I dislike odd numbers!

The dummy behind me listening to big girls don't cry on loop, ****sake. She doesn't turn it on to something else in a minute then that big girl will be crying

SHE STARTED IT AGAIN

Has she shut the f up yet Lexie ?

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Has she shut the f up yet Lexie ?

No she didn't kept blaring **** music.

TA going to tesco after work for something for dinner considering I got no lunch, got chicken, came home and can't be arsed to cook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

When the volume on the ads is louder then the movie your watching

Went to drop something into my bf's aunt and would only take "5 minutes". Two hours later and I was giving him daggers to make him leave but it took him another 45 minutes to get the hint.

I like his aunt but I had plans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I hate it when someone asks you "is it okay to ask you to do something."

One: They are going to ask you regardless of your answer, just with an attitude if you say no

Two: They take forever to tell you what they want you to do

Three: It is always some simple job that takes less time to do than them asking you to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

TA, the way the smell of dinner or whatever food you are cooking sticks to your clothes and hair despite good ventilation in my kitchen.

ratmouse wrote: »
    TA, the way the smell of dinner or whatever food you are cooking sticks to your clothes and hair despite good ventilation in my kitchen.

Pro-tip. Shave the head and cook naked. :)

• Advertisement

Some middle aged man a few sandwiches short of a picnic trying to chat me up on the train.

Some middle aged man a few sandwiches short of a picnic trying to chat me up on the train.

I am not middle aged!

Oh....em...

If it's you trigger, you need a little more "famine" and a little less "fried" ;)

On the luas, this fat little **** gets on with his da and starts whinging about standing. He looks about 7 maybe. The lady in the front seat stood up and let him sit down. She's old enough too. What the actual ****? And the father is one of those parents who talks to the child but for the benefit of all those surrounding him. God I hate people

And would that father ever give that child a tissue and let him blow his nose? Instead of having him rummaging with his index finger, ****ing barbaric that's what uses public transport

Now he's sucking on his finger that was up his nose

Oh god Lexie, sick!

My TA is people that unfollow you on facebook, who you then delete and then they get the hump :confused: At least I wasn't been two faced about it.

Fcuk "Fifty Shades of Grey", enough already.

And Maeve Higgins, about as funny as dose of the clap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Teatowels that just push liquid around

People giving out about Valentine's Day. If you want to celebrate it, celebrate it, if you don't want to celebrate it, don't. Every fúcking year the same muppets moaning about it, just STFU.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement