Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Spending the next 3 days in the Gaeltacht for my SCG course :'( yuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Being housebound. And I mean housebound. And nobody understands it.
    I can't leave the house. I can't leave the house even for 5 minutes. I can't leave the house no matter how "important" the matter may seem.
    It's so fúcking frustrating that people don't understand this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,113 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I can't leave the house. I can't leave the house even for 5 minutes. I can't leave the house no matter how "important" the matter may seem.

Physical reasons or mental reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Why though? How do you get food? What do you do for money?

"The" Ukraine. Why?
    "I went to the dublin for the night, tomorrow I'm going for a week to the Italy.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Physical reasons or mental reasons?

Right now, both.

For example, tomorrow I'm having to pay €90 for a taxi for a meeting that could easily be had in my house, which said taxi journey will involve travelling in pain and fear :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,113 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Right now, both.

For example, tomorrow I'm having to pay €90 for a taxi for a meeting that could easily be had in my house, which said taxi journey will involve travelling in pain and fear :(

I feel for ya. Physical stumbling blocks are terrible, but with the right support can be overcome with a bit of work. Mental blocks are the hardest ones. Hopefully it works out better than you expected when tomorrow comes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

The snail like pace that the Social Housing department operates at. I know there's a backlog. Hire more people, FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Every single time I open a packet of medication I always open the end that has the leaflet wrapped about the tablets. Every single time.

At the moment I am attempting to curl my hair with a straightener. I'm getting more frustrated by the second. I'm also worried I am going to singe my hair as I have attempt to curl the same section of hair for the hundredth time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When all 5'3 of you is standing peering into a fridge in tesco, and some giant of a man about 3 foot wide and with my head about up to his nipples comes stands behind me, and proceeds to reach over my shoulder to get something. Wtf? Wait your turn. Just because you ate your vegetavles when you were a child doesn't change the fact I was there first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

greenfrogs wrote: »
    Every single time I open a packet of medication I always open the end that has the leaflet wrapped about the tablets. Every single time.

I've got that curse too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

the notion that men are domestically useless and unable to function without the presence of a female in the house. it's not only insulting to us but also to the ladies who are being told that basically it's predominantly the their duty to run the household.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

Me too it's so damn annoying. TA at said tablets that don't work especially ones for sleep :mad:

So tired.
    One of the radio presenters is eating on air. I want to reach into the radio and strangle him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Why though? How do you get food? What do you do for money?

"The" Ukraine. Why?
    "I went to the dublin for the night, tomorrow I'm going for a week to the Italy.

There is actually a reason for "The" being used when referencing Ukraine. It's used incorrectly but it used to be OK in the past. There are also other countries that have 'The' preceeding such as The United States of America.

My TA today, parent teacher meeting later today. No worried about the actual content of the meeting, worried that Mrs. Bap is going to see my drooling and ogling over the teacher. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Mispronunciation AGAIN. Listening to a well known talk radio station, the lady reading the traffic said se ville place in sev ille place and monster even instead monstervin. It drives me nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that it is monday.

Every week it always take me until Wednesday to properly wake up. But by Wednesday I start winding down at work in preparation for the weekend.

Someone is going to notice this, some day, and sack me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TA'd at the prick who was sitting beside me at the Emirates yesterday - the seats are not small, yet he saw fit to take on the cantaloupe-in-pants seating position stretching into both his young son's and my seat, then looked pissed off when I stood my ground a bit after half time when I made bloody sure I took up my whole seat. Not even like he particularly needed a lot of room either, he was about 5'8 and not fat...

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Network down in work this morning. Can't do anything, but more to the point, have to browse boards on my phone :D

Wise Olf Elf oh dear ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who are cheery on a Monday morning. F.uck off, I know you're secretly dying inside you hyped up, socially inept twit.

However annoying it is having to respond to inane, bleary comments about "the weekend"/ "do anything nice?" /"nice morning now" etc., it is ten times more annying when you've a chest and throat infection and have spent the weekend making presentations and barely have a f.ucking voice left as it is. I really resent these people for essentially forcing me to waste some of my valuable voice reserve on meaningless, nervous chatter. Just shut up like! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Cars that stop even though they still have the green light to let kids cross down at the school on the red man. Assuming cars coming in the opposite direction will stop too, so dangerous. People who slow down and think I am going to cross before the green man pops up. Hello, I'm teaching my child how to cross safely, and don't give a sh1t if you are running late. Those who drive off again even though the lights are still red. Parents who pull up opposite the school and let their kid out, who then proceeds to run across without looking, causing cars to brake sharply. Happy f**king Monday :(

The fat head is in again, talking AT me of course. Only asking about my weekend so he can talk about his. Parping on about classless communions and confirmations in the pub and soccer matches and mobile homes in Cairn beach and blah be de blah blah blah blah. Anyway, HE went to see Fifty Shades. Of course he did. And it's "pure shoyte" - I know this already. But not only this, oh our fathead had to have premium seats too. I didn't even know such a thing existed in a Dublin cinema but there you go. Premium seats for the fur coat and no knickers fathead. Oh la de da :( I bet he has a premium site in Cairn beach too, and a mobile home with double glazed windows and ducks on the wall... Zero class and very, very noisy :(

73Cat wrote: »
    Cars that stop even though they still have the green light to let kids cross down at the school on the red man. Assuming cars coming in the opposite direction will stop too, so dangerous. People who slow down and think I am going to cross before the green man pops up. Hello, I'm teaching my child how to cross safely, and don't give a sh1t if you are running late. Those who drive off again even though the lights are still red. Parents who pull up opposite the school and let their kid out, who then proceeds to run across without looking, causing cars to brake sharply. Happy f**king Monday :(

Isn't it mid term?

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Isn't it mid term?

Not for all schools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Isn't it mid term?

Only Thursday and Friday in our school. Yay :)

73Cat wrote: »

I rang the school that usually gives me a nervous breakdown with this sort of ****e on Friday morning. I ranted at her about a selection of different issues, cycle lanes blocked by fat parents driving their fat kids, preventing kids who want to cycle from doing so safely. Racing across the road not looking where they're going. Wasting resources by having the traffic corps directing traffic, parents stalling in the middle of the road and getting out of the car to walk their child to the gates.

What does your one say? "I'm a parent too." Listen lady, I don't give a flying ****, why would you even tell me that?? I should have congratulated her perhaps? Anyway she points out it's to be expected. Em - how about no?? How do other schools manage to not cause as much disruption?

Then she tells me they've been trying to get a lollipop lady. What good is a lollipop lady sure there's no kids ****ing walking to need one. There's two pedestrian crossings.

I'm not even going to finish this post because my blood is boiling even thinking about it.

I went especially to get cupcakes and procecco for the girls for valentines, and the one girl, miss misery, starts up again about how many sins are in the cupcake. I joking-but-not-really said "I'll have yours then" and then she ate it :(

Why **** on top of happy things? You don't want it, that's ok, don't make everyone else think about how bad it is. Don't act like having a cupcake is living life on the edge.

That's "SYNS" if you don't mind :P

I hate those people. It's like all they talk about is food and when they're not talking about food they are stuffing themselves with sweet potatoes and sacks of rice. FFS like, eat less move more. Burn more calories than you consume. It's not f.ucking rocket science. And these peole just seem to get bigger every year too. Obviously not burning enough calories churning their pie holes incessantly. How have people not realised that it's not in the best interests of these "support groups" to actually work? Think about it. If it worked, and you lost weight for good...they'd eventually be out of work. In the same way that pharma companies will never find cures for chronic illnesses - diabtetes, blood pressure, arthritis, asthma etc - sure they'd f.ucking sink if they lost all that business! :(

I rang the school that usually gives me a nervous breakdown with this sort of ****e on Friday morning. I ranted at her about a selection of different issues, cycle lanes blocked by fat parents driving their fat kids, preventing kids who want to cycle from doing so safely. Racing across the road not looking where they're going. Wasting resources by having the traffic corps directing traffic, parents stalling in the middle of the road and getting out of the car to walk their child to the gates.

What does your one say? "I'm a parent too." Listen lady, I don't give a flying ****, why would you even tell me that?? I should have congratulated her perhaps? Anyway she points out it's to be expected. Em - how about no?? How do other schools manage to not cause as much disruption?

Then she tells me they've been trying to get a lollipop lady. What good is a lollipop lady sure there's no kids ****ing walking to need one. There's two pedestrian crossings.

I'm not even going to finish this post because my blood is boiling even thinking about it.

You wouldn't understand.

You will understand when you're a parent.

:pac::pac:

Most annoying answer ever!

Robsweezie wrote: »
    the notion that men are domestically useless and unable to function without the presence of a female in the house. it's not only insulting to us but also to the ladies who are being told that basically it's predominantly the their duty to run the household.

Exactly. Just look at most ads on the telly. "Donal" especially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

You wouldn't understand.

You will understand when you're a parent.

:pac::pac:

Most annoying answer ever!

"I can't verbalise my argument, or I don't have one beyond being a puppet to my own fear and affection for my children. So, I'm just going to act like I'm right by default and you couldn't possibly understand because you are not as worldly as I am. You see, I have either injected my seed into a fertile host, or received some seed from a fertile donor, leading to the autonomous growth of a new organism. Thus, I obviously now see the world with greater clarity than you ever could."

When someone tells you theyd do anything to see you happy then don't do anything at all.

Vivienne lives on the farm. I need him to come live with us. No.
    I want to bring vivienne for a walk when we take the dogs. No, not allowed put him on a lead.
    I want him to work from home today. No, he compromised and said he'd come home at lunch but what good is that? I'll be up and fed by then.
    I want a dogue de bourdoux, not getting one.
    I want a lamb, not getting one of those either.

But then has the sheer audacity to tell me he wants me to be happy

Lexie there's a difference between giving in to every whim and making someone happy. I agree with LMII on Vivenne living with you, being brought for a walk, getting another dog and getting a lamb.

:( he's so lonely on the farm.

Vivennne is not lonely, She has loads of cows to keep her company. In fact I bet she's running around and rolling in mud having the time of her life squealing her adorable little piglet head off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Had one of our cats at the vets this morning for a follow up appointment and I'm off to a hospital appointment in a bit. Gonna be a long tedious day.

Good Luck Pumpkinseeds. Hope all goes well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Mispronunciation AGAIN. Listening to a well known talk radio station, the lady reading the traffic said se ville place in sev ille place and monster even instead monstervin. It drives me nuts.

One of the newsreaders on Today FM always puts on this ridiculous fake French accent what saying "Sophie Toscan du Plantier"

Really TA's me.

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Vivennne is not lonely, She has loads of cows to keep her company. In fact I bet she's running around and rolling in mud having the time of her life squealing her adorable little piglet head off

It's just constant negetivity.
    You don't need anymore shoes.
    You don't need new clothes.
    Why do you need another handbag?
    Do you really need another lipstick?
    What do you want with a lamb?
    What are you doing with a pig?
    They're not domesticated animals, you can't let a pig live inside.
    Why do you want to get another dog?
    That's not even a dog, it's a horse.
    His favourite line is "God help me". I don't think he realises he's the lmii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

:( he's so lonely on the farm.

He's not lonely, he's a fcukan pig already!! Keeping him in a house, and walking him like a pom-dog, as opposed to wide-open spaces with plenty muck and shít would be cruel. Regarding the dogue de bourdoux, I'd say you're better off playing it conservative and going for a rather decent Claret. :D

• Advertisement

It's just constant negetivity.
    You don't need anymore shoes.
    You don't need new clothes.
    Why do you need another handbag?
    Do you really need another lipstick?
    What do you want with a lamb?
    What are you doing with a pig?
    They're not domesticated animals, you can't let a pig live inside.
    Why do you want to get another dog?
    That's not even a dog, it's a horse.
    His favourite line is "God help me". I don't think he realises he's the lmii

I am sure he does. Chin up Lexie!

I'm just grumpy. We went to tesco last night and I bought mini battenbergs and Apple pies for breakfast this morning, but I forgot to take the bag out of his car, and he went to work with my breakfast. I told him, and he told me to have cereal. At least I'll be less moody at lunch time

That new song by Macca, Rihanna and that West lad.
    Awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I'm just grumpy. We went to tesco last night and I bought mini battenbergs and Apple pies for breakfast this morning, but I forgot to take the bag out of his car, and he went to work with my breakfast. I told him, and he told me to have cereal. At least I'll be less moody at lunch time

You'd be better off with a bacon sandwich :D

Aw cheer up Lexie. Do what I do don't tell him ! I swore I was never going to do that but I'm happier and he's happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    That new song by Macca, Rihanna and that West lad.
    Awful.

A load of sh1te, I would like to say I am surprised at McCartney, but I am not, he would dig up his granny for a gig if there was a few quid in it. The wrong Beatle was shot imo. Whats with the other two with all the crotch grabbin, have they crabs or something. Kanye west, the tool, last seen wearing a fur coat in LA, he probably did'nt know who McCartney was last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    There is actually a reason for "The" being used when referencing Ukraine. It's used incorrectly but it used to be OK in the past. There are also other countries that have 'The' preceeding such as The United States of America.

Countries that are plural (eg USA) or have the words Kingdom, or Republic use 'the'. As far as I know, Ukraine (also Lebanon etc) used to use 'the' as they were seen as just regions of other countries (basically Russia considered it 'the Ukraine region'). Or something along those lines, I'm not really sure. But I know we have to drop the 'the' nowadays!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

JanaMay wrote: »
    Countries that are plural (eg USA) or have the words Kingdom, or Republic use 'the'. As far as I know, Ukraine (also Lebanon etc) used to use 'the' as they were seen as just regions of other countries (basically Russia considered it 'the Ukraine region'). Or something along those lines, I'm not really sure. But I know we have to drop the 'the' nowadays!

I seem to recall one of the Bush's calling it "Ukrania".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I seem to recall one of the Bush's calling it "Ukrania".

A Bush with a poor knowledge of geography? That's unpossible

• Advertisement

More than TA. My Sister in Law and her husband are dicks :( They took €100 as presents from Mother in Law at Christmas and didn't even give her a card.

My Mother in Law is 80 at the end of the month. She doesn't want presents but she wants the family and friends to go for a meal in her favourite restaurant. So I book a table for the saturday evening, Sister in Law asks if we can have the meal in the afternoon instead because of her 2 kids, They're 17 and 13. She's texting my husband every day asking something or other about the meal. OH is a driver so he's on the road unable to text. Driving me nuts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement