Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

MsBubbles wrote: »
    ONW Ladies bits plus boys bits that's what I thought it was too
    Me too...well thats very TAing:mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Only this morning did it dawn on me what two words this is a hybrid of! :P

So much better that bollunt:D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I like fannox:D

Colser wrote: »
    I like fannox:D

Or Hoo-ocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Or Hoo-ocks

I personally am rather a fan of "Twunt". :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    I personally am rather a fan of "Twunt". :D

But that sounds like a plural, i.e "A brace of twunt"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

eisenberg1 a brace of twunts a hat trick of hoo ocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Willox?

Oh wait that's boy bit plus boy bit isn't it.

A homo slip....oops :)

• Advertisement

Have you been to the isle of vaginox? It's located near the isle of cunrick :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Isnt Twunt a girl bit plus a girl bit?

Isnt Twunt a girl bit plus a girl bit?

What's the TW for?

What's the TW for?

Add an 'at' to it and see what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

oh dear what have I happened upon here??? biology class with a difference?

selous wrote: »
    oh dear what have I happened upon here??? biology class with a difference?

You are witnessing the corruption of my innocence.

• Advertisement

Add an 'at' to it and see what you get.

twat? :eek: Is that not a stupid person? I call stupid people twats all the time. Oh God :(

Have you been to the isle of vaginox? It's located near the isle of cunrick :)

Near Pen Island?;)

Near Pen Island?;)

Ever fall for that trick when you were a kid - "do you want to be in my Pen 15 club?" and then they'd write "pen15" on your hand, but it would look like "penis"? Oh the nightmares still... :)

I've been unfaithful to the TTTAY thread :( In a moment of weakness I slipped into the sunshine and lollipos one :( My eyes! Someone actually said happiness is their baby doing a poop and sleeping! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Stop it! :( youd weep for the Human race sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I've been unfaithful to the TTTAY thread :( In a moment of weakness I slipped into the sunshine and lollipos one :( My eyes! Someone actually said happiness is their baby doing a poop and sleeping! :(

What do people hope to gain by being sappy and happy ?? A moan or several a day is good for the soul, lowers blood pressure, and lends to a general feeling of well being:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Work atm. It's just ruining me. I work in a nightclub so obviously work nights usually from c.10 pm to 5 am, get home, sleep well into the day and it gives me no time to do anything. My girlfriend lives in Wexford and I live in Dublin and we barely get to see each other as a result, whenever she's in Dublin I'm either sleeping after work or only getting up and that gives us a few hours max to spend time with each other and I just don't have the time to go to Wexford to see her. I do at every chance I can but it isn't as often as I'd like. Its such a ****ing nightmare but the last thing I need is to be jobless.

Savages eating fried food on public transport. Two aul ones with a bucket of chicken between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm not a bit sorry for you. I warned you all about it weeks ago. Would you listen? No! Had to have a peek. Well the devil rub it in to you. I hope you never come across that "do not push" button or it will be curtains for us all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I'm not a bit sorry for you. I warned you all about it weeks ago. Would you listen? No! Had to have a peek. Well the devil rub it in to you. I hope you never come across that "do not push" button or it will be curtains for us all.

Can't we have blinds instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

bonzodog2 wrote: »

You see? Here we go again! Just leave things as they are. Stop trying to change things. Curtains were fine for your parents and grandparents now you want blinds. It's far from blinds we were reared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Pull yourself together for Petesake......

twat? :eek: Is that not a stupid person? I call stupid people twats all the time. Oh God :(

Hee-hee!! :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Pull yourself together for PeteAnnettesake......

FYP, as they say

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Pull yourself together for Petesake......

Doctor, doctor, I feel like a pair of curtains.

• Advertisement

Doctor, doctor, I feel like a pair of curtains.

I keep getting spread apart and tied??

:eek: :eek:

Is Mrs Goose reading too much 50 shades? Jaysus

:eek: :eek:

Is Mrs Goose reading too much 50 shades? Jaysus
    jimgoosed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Ugh on the train going to dublin for a massage and some shopping. Sitting across from nausea city. The mother keeps trying to eat the child with kisses, like literally, kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss. All over his face. Constantly. Then she's all like "oh Dylan, what do you want to do when we get to dublin? Would you like to take a nap or maybe go get some food?" Lady - why are you asking a child what he wants to do? He's about three years old.

This crap literally wrecks my head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

MsBubbles wrote: »
    ARRRRRGGGHHH ! Vent alert. I emailed Sil the set menu it's €30 a head for 3 courses the reply Oh that's very expensive'
    Can't we go to Sunday Lunch instead cos it's cheaper ? and the boys will be bored. The 'boys' are 17 and 13. Both have smart phones I'm sure they could snapchat to their heart's contest for an hour

Tell her that that suggestion doesn't suit. Simple as that. Hate it when a minority try to ruin things for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Ratmouse this is exactly why I never ask them to do anything. My way or the highest attitude really pees me off. It's her mother yet she can't be bothered to organise anything but does nothing but complain when I make the arrangements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I am just so angry with the world.

The meeting I was supposed to have today has been cancelled until tomorrow so after spending half of last night awake freaking out about a car journey today, I now get to spend tonight also freaking out about a car journey, which means I'll be even more wound up for the meeting.
    I'm not saying I'm mentally ill (although I probably am) but there's obviously something going on in my head and people seem to think that I should just "get over this" and "it's only been cancelled for a day, what's the big deal".
    I can barely breath because I'm constantly shaking with nerves. I haven't slept properly in nearly 2 weeks.
    I wish I could rewind the clock to 5th February and drive home a different way or leave at a different time or something.

I know it doesn't help much, but fingers crossed that it all works out for you, quickly. Lack of sleep makes things feel even worse. Sounds like you're running on nervous exhaustion at this point. If you have any psychological issues addressing them can only be a positive thing. Regrets are pointless and just drag you down. Confront whatever it is head on and move on from there. Take any help you can get.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Waerobic Woxajack

Ryan Tubridy, him and his insincere TV show.

What indeed. Mrs. Goose is looking for a pair of engineer's boots for hill-walking, something like mine. But it's proving impossible to find anything in her size at any of the Builder's Providers. Then she sees that Debenhams carry "Caterpillar" brand ladies boots. Gravy, you'd think. Until you see the Jaysisin' hoor's melts a' yokes they have. :pac:

There's an outdoor clothing place in Foxes Bow. Might be worth a look.

• Advertisement

Ooh Matron!!!!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,113 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

What indeed. Mrs. Goose is looking for a pair of engineer's boots for hill-walking, something like mine. But it's proving impossible to find anything in her size at any of the Builder's Providers. Then she sees that Debenhams carry "Caterpillar" brand ladies boots. Gravy, you'd think. Until you see the Jaysisin' hoor's melts a' yokes they have. :pac:

http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/

Have a small sale on at the moment on some of their stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I was in Dunnes in the Pavillions yesterday and they have hiking/work boots for €35 in the men's shoe section. They're pretty basic and non-descript but the soles are tough and durable and will withstand a lot of wear. That might be an option. :)

My TA: I cleaned my room today and found an abundance of old clothing which I promptly sorted into two bags- Trash and Laundry.
    I was pretty ruthless as my room is somewhat small and I don't have a lot of storage space. Yet still I have too many damn clothes and now I'm at the stage where I don't know what to throw out to make room. :/
    I also found my Spongebob t-shirt and I'll be damned if anyone says I'm too old to wear it. Spongebob is love. Spongebob is life!:pac:

I was talking about ordinary curtains, not the beef variety:D

Young wans trying to be posh. There's nothing wrong with coming from a working class background, as I do myself. Two young wans in a cafe at the table next to me today, pretentious as hell. Note to young wans, ya can't pull off posh while your wearing clothes from Penneys, it just highlights the fact that the designer handbag you've got in February was a Christmas present.

Also, yes I was eating a portion of chips, what's it to you? I'm a grown up woman, I can even go to the ladies in a pub without bringing another women with me as backup. The pair of them were hillarious, nursing bowls of soup, staring longinly at my chips while engaging in what looked like a who can eat the least amount of food contest. The 2 of them left and they'd only eaten about a third of the soup. Probably went their seperate ways for a sneaky bag of chips.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I saw earlier this evening that Graham Norton show was on around 11. That's nothing unusual as they usually repeat Friday's show during the week. I think great as I missed last Friday's episode. I was looking forward to perving on Jamie Dornan. Then it comes on and they are spending a long time discussing Eastenders. Turns out it's an Eastenders special. For feck sake. Who'd want to watch that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I have lots of TA's this week because of the gaeltacht.

I'm not at home in my own bed.
    I hate being in a random persons house, it's so uncomfortable and awkward.
    My phone signal keeps cutting in and out.
    The Internet is so slow!
    I find it really difficult to talk to people I don't know. I try so hard but I always worry that they think I am weird.
    I have to learn Irish :( I'm really bad at it.

On the plus side I get to leave early and go home on Wednesday!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

TA: Just been playing Dragon Age Inquisition and it was so hard tearing myself away from the action of my first playthrough.
    I know I have to go to bed and be up early for the gym tomorrow but the urge to pull an all-nighter slawing darkspawn is so very tempting.
    There used to be a time when, during the glorious 3 month long breaks from school we used to get, I'd get started on a videogame in the afternoon and play through the night without worrying about anything other than hand cramps and dehydration. No responsibilities, no priorities- just hours and hours of gaming and the odd glance out the window to see the sun come up.
    Not exactly healthy but I miss it so.
    Stupid adulthood and expectations to go to bed at a respectable hour..:rolleyes:

Another TA: I hate the fact that due to my balance issues I put more weight down on my left foot while walking, causing my left shoe to wear out faster than the right. No matter what kind of footwear I'm wearing- be it cheap Penneys sneakers or expensive work/hiking boots with reinforced soles- I go through shoes like crazy.
    Don't suppose anyone can offer help/advice on how to correct any balance/weightbearing issues? :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Young wans trying to be posh. There's nothing wrong with coming from a working class background, as I do myself. Two young wans in a cafe at the table next to me today, pretentious as hell. Note to young wans, ya can't pull off posh while your wearing clothes from Penneys, it just highlights the fact that the designer handbag you've got in February was a Christmas present.

Also, yes I was eating a portion of chips, what's it to you? I'm a grown up woman, I can even go to the ladies in a pub without bringing another women with me as backup. The pair of them were hillarious, nursing bowls of soup, staring longinly at my chips while engaging in what looked like a who can eat the least amount of food contest. The 2 of them left and they'd only eaten about a third of the soup. Probably went their seperate ways for a sneaky bag of chips.:D

ok thats it I give up.

People who talk louder than they need to when in cafes/restaurants etc.

I don't need to hear your conversation thanks. I also don't give a shyte about how wonderfully your kid remembered the name of the spoon used to make eggs.

Inside voices. INSIDE VOICES.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

the gay feckin agenda, trivial and annoying.
    Fvckin hell, if i start i'll end up sounding like denis leary

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement