Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

the overuse of feck,feckin,fecked. Irish or not, if you're gonna swear don't be a pussy about it and do it right, **** all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

McChubbin wrote: »
    Don't suppose anyone can offer help/advice on how to correct any balance/weightbearing issues? :/

Orthopaedic shoes.

I've no doubt there's somewhere or some shop in Dublin you can get them. They'll go through the whole process with you - get you to stand on some fancy machine, do a bit of a walk, give them a twirl*, then all you need do is pick your shoe style. They're not cheap (mine are usually round the €160 mark), but you'll get a lot longer out of them than going down on your shoes every three months and spending just as much on a few pairs.

*they won't get you to do a twirl, I would though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

macker33 wrote: »
    the gay feckin agenda, trivial and annoying.
    Fvckin hell, if i start i'll end up sounding like denis leary

I was talking to a mate of mine who's gay before Christmas there - you'd never think it, aside from a couple of extremely dodgy shirts. Oh and he owns a hairdressing salon, although in fairness it is unisex, I was in getting a haircut. I asked him if he, as a gay man, had an Agenda. "I certainly have!" he said. "I'm going to close up here at about four, go into town to pay the utility bills and pick up a few things in the English market, and then collect my dad from the airport." I fcukan knew it, Bally bastards!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I have had this cold for seven days now. Seven days of endless snot production and hacking. My back hurts from coughing and I can't sleep because I can't breathe!

The common cold must be the most annoying trivial illness there is.

Make it end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Orthopaedic shoes.

I've no doubt there's somewhere or some shop in Dublin you can get them. They'll go through the whole process with you - get you to stand on some fancy machine, do a bit of a walk, give them a twirl*, then all you need do is pick your shoe style. They're not cheap (mine are usually round the €160 mark), but you'll get a lot longer out of them than going down on your shoes every three months and spending just as much on a few pairs.

*they won't get you to do a twirl, I would though :p

Foot solutions on George's St.

Have I mentioned my cold?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Foot solutions on George's St.

Have I mentioned my cold?!

Ahh, they have a place up in Dublin too so! :D

Whatever you do don't bother going to a hospital in Limerick, we're full up down here, have to wait your turn for a bed upstairs. Private healthcare my arse... although the nurses are lovely :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

OEJ oh yes we have it all up here in Dublin ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that my car radio has started changing channels all by it'self. It only does it during a good song though...

Morning Titties ! Still TA'ed by the Sil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

73Cat wrote: »
    What do people hope to gain by being sappy and happy ?? A moan or several a day is good for the soul, lowers blood pressure, and lends to a general feeling of well being:)

Well, it's my theory (and I reserve the right to be wrong), that these people are actually insanely unhappy inside and that is why the feel the need to stave off the unhappiness by spewing hallmark rubbish. It's almost like they are terrified they might show a glimmer of sadness :p

• Advertisement

I'm not a bit sorry for you. I warned you all about it weeks ago. Would you listen? No! Had to have a peek. Well the devil rub it in to you. I hope you never come across that "do not push" button or it will be curtains for us all.

Morning sun in the winter, the laughter of children, untouched snow, fresh apple pie, puppies, new books.... :D

...goes to induce vomitting... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I dunno ONW, I'm delighted with myself today. I even smiled at someone on the train. And we all know being grumpy is my default state

Holy Cow Lexie ! I think ONW has infected us with the happy ! Run !!!

Young wans trying to be posh. There's nothing wrong with coming from a working class background, as I do myself. Two young wans in a cafe at the table next to me today, pretentious as hell. Note to young wans, ya can't pull off posh while your wearing clothes from Penneys, it just highlights the fact that the designer handbag you've got in February was a Christmas present.

Also, yes I was eating a portion of chips, what's it to you? I'm a grown up woman, I can even go to the ladies in a pub without bringing another women with me as backup. The pair of them were hillarious, nursing bowls of soup, staring longinly at my chips while engaging in what looked like a who can eat the least amount of food contest. The 2 of them left and they'd only eaten about a third of the soup. Probably went their seperate ways for a sneaky bag of chips.:D

What's wrong with clothes from Penneys? :(

Spending silly money on clothes doesn't make you posh. In fact, plenty of people do so in an attempt to conceal whatever "background" they perceive themselves to be from.

I have a mix that includes designer, high street and penneys because I buy things that look good on me, and that will stand the test of time. I don't buy designer to impress....in the same way that I don't see anything wrong with buying from Penneys :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

At the nct centre, made myself a latte machiatto and put it in a carry cup to bring and sip but forgot to bring it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

I have had this cold for seven days now. Seven days of endless snot production and hacking. My back hurts from coughing and I can't sleep because I can't breathe!

The common cold must be the most annoying trivial illness there is.

Make it end!

For some reason it's a really bad dose this year..no one seems to be able to shake it

lolo62 wrote: »
    For some reason it's a really bad dose this year..no one seems to be able to shake it

Yes! What is it, a f.ucking superbig or something? Maybe the demise of the human rice is finally upon us. I always wanted it to be during my time.

Lolo62 I hate when I forget my nice coffee :( Teyla Hope you feel better soon that cold is a nasty one and hangs around like an unwanted house guest

TA made my lunch last night, Rush this morning as I was busy ranting on a thtrad about public transport and forgot my lunch :( pay day is tomorrow so I am poor today.

• Advertisement

aw poor Lexie. Can I send you some soup ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

So fcuken irritable I can't even something a coherent quote and reply.

TA that some people leave the taps on in the work bathroom. Wash their hands, leave the tap on and walk out.
    Would you do that at home? No! So why is it ok to waste water at work?
    Some people need shooting.

MsBubbles wrote: »
    aw poor Lexie. Can I send you some soup ?

Yes. Send hugs as well

Ps. It's not minsterone is it?

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Well, it's my theory (and I reserve the right to be wrong), that these people are actually insanely unhappy inside and that is why the feel the need to stave off the unhappiness by spewing hallmark rubbish. It's almost like they are terrified they might show a glimmer of sadness :p

Exactly. I would further add that we Titties are so Tittied by the Trivial that puts the very "T" in Titty because our default state is a sort of Zen-like Void around which the maelstrom of the world whirls, and thus do we deeply resent gobshítery at any level.

As opposed to these other clowns, deperately grasping at any little shred of perceived "happiness". I say we should invade that thread en masse and kick fcuk out of 'em.

I was down to my last twenty this morning and no credit on my leap. I bought a return ticket and then my change of course came out in coins. TA that even though it's the same amount, I feel even poorer now because my remaining money is in coins :(

• Advertisement

Yes. Send hugs as well

Ps. It's not minsterone is it?

Nope it's Vegetable. *HUGS*

I was down to my last twenty this morning and no credit on my leap...

There's opening bars of the greatest blues song that never was! :pac:

What's wrong with clothes from Penneys?...(

Well, the one in Cork is full of ridiculous, over-priced rags and the clothes aren't much better. Bang a' the campfire off the whole place like you wouldn't believe! :pac:

jim bang of campfire *snorts *

TA I really REALLY want a tulle skirt but I am too short for one :(

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    Exactly. I would further add that we Titties are so Tittied by the Trivial that puts the very "T" in Titty because our default state is a sort of Zen-like Void around which the maelstrom of the world whirls, and thus do we deeply resent gobshítery at any level.

As opposed to these other clowns, deperately grasping at any little shred of perceived "happiness". I say we should invade that thread en masse and kick fcuk out of 'em.

We'd never win though. They will never admit they are secretly miserable. It's all part of the pretence. They don't even know they are miserable. To live the lie you have to believe it...

Although I identify as a crank and my tolerance levels are low, I don't know if I would define myself as unhappy in the traditional sense. I certainly don't feel depressed or sad. I am content with the way I am.

We'd never win though. They will never admit they are secretly miserable. It's all part of the pretence. They don't even know they are miserable. To live the lie you have to believe it...

Yes. They're like the fat, "bubbly" girl at the party or nightclub who spends all night screeching about "Having fun! We're having great fun aren't we? AREN'T WE?? I'm stone mad I am! I'm mental craic!!" But she's dead inside, she's gone. Hey-ho, 'chagonna do? :pac:

Well, the one in Cork is full of ridiculous, over-priced rags and the clothes aren't much better. Bang a' the campfire off the whole place like you wouldn't believe! :pac:

I dont for a minute think that all their stuff is nice, and there is a fair whack of "scrubber" clothes, as my dear Mammy would say, but you can pick up some little gems. Pencil jeans, black skinnny jeans etc. Cute little summer dresses that let's face it, you're not going to wear out. Occasionally I'll pick up a nice blouse too. Most of the time I get compliments and people don't believe the item is from Penneys. It's not about going in and drenching yourself in Primark, but if you have good taste and a sense of style (and this is something that a lot of Irish people lack), you know a gem when you see it, and you'll look far better than someone clattering around awkwardly in something that might have cost a pay packet but just doesn't sit right.

Although I identify as a crank and my tolerance levels are low, I don't know if I would define myself as unhappy in the traditional sense. I certainly don't feel depressed or sad. I am content with the way I am.

We are not miserable! We are just intolerant and complainey and not afraid to say it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

TA that some people leave the taps on in the work bathroom. Wash their hands, leave the tap on and walk out.
    Would you do that at home? No! So why is it ok to waste water at work?
    Some people need shooting.

Similar thing at my local gym with people who just get out of the shower and leave it running.

I hate to see resources being wasted especially when it takes an absolute minimum amount of effort to turn off a tap.

I despair that I have to share my planet with such ignoramuses.

Yes. They're like the fat, "bubbly" girl at the party or nightclub who spends all night screeching about "Having fun! We're having great fun aren't we? AREN'T WE?? I'm stone mad I am! I'm mental craic!!" But she's dead inside, she's gone. Hey-ho, 'chagonna do? :pac:

I'm always sceptical of those photos. Look at us! We are young and we are POUTING! Yes that's right, pouting! I detest being tagged in other people's photos after nights out too. Why are you looking so blue in this one ONW? Well let me think.....hmmmm.... I was enjoying my nice pint and chatting to a good friend I hadn't seen for a while and then we were rudely interrupted and forced to all sit hunched up together and wait while some poor staff member had to take a photo of us and then someone started screeching, "wait! I forgot to fix my hair/I had my eyes closed/my mouth open!" and all the while all I could think about was my lovely pint going flat and the strain on my facial muscles as we all forced mania...

When I am old and thinking back on the great/wild nights that I had....I can assure you there was no time or need for a camera at any of them :P (and in some cases, the lack of camera was a necessity!)

ONW If you ever see pouting photos of me I'm usually had a few lemonades and think it's hilarious to wind up the duckface brigade

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I was talking to a mate of mine who's gay before Christmas there - you'd never think it, aside from a couple of extremely dodgy shirts. Oh and he owns a hairdressing salon, although in fairness it is unisex, I was in getting a haircut. I asked him if he, as a gay man, had an Agenda. "I certainly have!" he said. "I'm going to close up here at about four, go into town to pay the utility bills and pick up a few things in the English market, and then collect my dad from the airport." I fcukan knew it, Bally bastards!!

Jesus Jim, are you ok? Thats shocking, you would never be up to them.

But I am curious. Your friend, who was gay before Christmas, is he ok now?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Canteen have american style pancakes and maple syrup 'flavour' stuff to put on them.

No thank you...

I'll go home and make my own yummy crepe style pancakes, and will drown them in real maple syrup or cover them in lashing of nutella.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Jesus Jim, are you ok? Thats shocking, you would never be up to them.

But I am curious. Your friend, who was gay before Christmas, is he ok now?:D

No, in fact I think he's getting worse. He was in the pub the other night with one of these shirts, and it had an "Adam Ant" frilly yoke on the front. :pac:

• Advertisement

TA I'm coeliac on Pancake Tuesday. GF pancakes are just not the same :(

When I lived away from home, Tuesday was always the night that I went to the parents after work for a big feed and a few glasses of wine with the aul lad. Mam would get a real mammy dinner going, with all the trimmings and Dad would make the dessert. He's a dab hand at the pancakes too. Anyway, this one particular year I remember being really happy that Pancake Tuesday fell on a Tuesday so that I'd be there to enjoy his pancakes :o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Anyway, this one particular year I remember being really happy that Pancake Tuesday fell on a Tuesday so that I'd be there to enjoy his pancakes :o:o

Is this not usually true ?

bonzodog2 wrote: »

Yes.

It's er....always true :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

bonzodog2 wrote: »

No, you are confused with Good Friday falling on Easter Monday:D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    No, you are confused with Good Friday falling on Easter Monday:D

No wonder it does, with all this Crouching Vodka Hidden Duckface knocking about. I'd probably fall over meself. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Oh no not pancake tuesday, my housemate will be burning pancakes for the evening and stinking up the house. :( Might call over to the sister :D

jamesbere wrote: »
    Oh no not pancake tuesday, my housemate will be burning pancakes for the evening and stinking up the house. :( Might call over to the sister :D

Lucky you. My lovely wife is out tonight so I am cooking pancakes on my own for the wee fella.

Anyone have any good recipes for pancakes?

Topping - banana, melted caramel bar and that fake cream from the can! Onrale. Like a train. Choo choo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

My TA: people who do the washing-up doing the cutlery first and putting it in the bottom of the draining rack (which has slots for that to sit upright) then hide them with dishes on top. The knives etc don't dry properly and ya have to fight through bowls to find a spoon. Grrr.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement