Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I bought some'American Style Pre-Cooked Pancakes' in the shop yesterday to sprise the kids at brekkie. They only tasted good if they were drowned in Maple Syrup.
    I'll get to cooking some decent ones later.

2 sticky kids went out the door this morning.
    I can still tast maple syrup in my beard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Women not filling up the dishwasher correctly!

They do clean better if the dishes are placed according to the manufacturers guidelines, and not just thrown in any old way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Half an hour and 2 vodkas later that's me :D Ah yes crouching tiger hidden naggin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    No, you are confused with Good Friday falling on Easter Monday:D

This, my TA's friends, is true ( or so I was told) . It is an old "Pub question"

Good Friday was a horse, who fell in a race, on Easter Monday.;)

jimgoose wrote: »
    No wonder it does, with all this Crouching Vodka Hidden Duckface knocking about. I'd probably fall over meself. :pac:

Jim lol. Duckface selfies taking in a mirror always make me roll my eyes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    ...I can still tast maple syrup in my beard.

Ah, the old Strategic Reserve! :pac:

Boom_Bap cos of the beard you've leapt up the hotness scale

I thought it was another euphenism..

The old "I showered, but I think I still have some maple syrup in my beard":D

That will put yis off yer pancakes.

MR E get thy mind out of the gutter !

That would be both highly esoteric and gag-inducingly biological. :D

• Advertisement

Waiting the for do ya wanna go off me sausage ?

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Jim lol. Duckface selfies taking in a mirror always make me roll my eyes

That gives me an idea. Me and my Middle-Aged Idjit Mates down t'Woolpack are going to do Duckface Selfies, and see how long it takes to get thrown out! :pac:

Jim you have to post them on FB straight away lol
    Dunno if I'd able for the manliness of you and your mates though ;)

Jim you have to post them on FB straight away lol
    Dunno if I'd able for the manliness of you and your mates though ;)

You have NO idea! :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The real conundrum is what do I mix it with later?....or shall I just allow the first canine I meet to lick it off my face
    Boom_Bap cos of the beard you've leapt up the hotness scale

If you're not measuring in Kelvin, you're doing it wrong

tuesdays ta me cos there a nothing day. Tomorrow's the middle of the week and it's all uphill from there.

Boom_Bap no Farenheit all the way !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I can never keep my mouth closed for long enough to do duckface. Bet that's a surprise

Lexie must not make smart arse comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am just a nice quiet sleepy drunk. No duck faces here.
    I wish I was in a pub now and quietly sleepy drunk. :)

tuesdays ta me cos there a nothing day. Tomorrow's the middle of the week and it's all uphill from there...

Tuesdays are ballacks. That's why me and the Middle-Aged Idjit Mates play tennis on Tuesday afternoons - if it doesn't happen at about 16:45 it can't, for reasons I won't bore you with - but this is largely an excuse to spend a half-hour whopping each other's balls up and down and then sod off to the pub, to spend two hours drinking porter, doing the Cool Wall, and now, thanks to this thread, Duckface Selfies!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

The real conundrum is what do I mix it with later?....or shall I just allow the first canine I meet to lick it off my face

Excess maple syrup in beard?

Cook bacon, butter bread, make sandwich, wipe maple syrup off beard with sandwich, devour

Jim Keep talking like that and my husband's on a promise tonight :D:D:D

Jim Keep talking like that and my husband's on a promise tonight :D:D:D

G'wan the Ms. B! Give him fcukan Duckface!! :pac:

Jim *snort*

Ms B wasting valuable pancake eating time riding tutut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Is the thread going into riding mode now?

...runs off to buy bumper pack of pregnancy tests :)

Ms B wasting valuable pancake eating time riding tutut

Combine dining and riding. Win. Win.
    If you're using any type of syrups, get the plastic sheets on the bed in advance.

Combine dining and riding. Win. Win...

There's a TV show there somewhere, possibly involving Bruce Forsyth and Holly Willoughby. :pac:

ONW no pregnancy tests needed. Lexie will be a quickie to allow for maxmimum pancake eating time.
    Boom_Bap no way syrupy sheets are not good.

Jim quick patent that show idea yer onto a winner

• Advertisement

I don't know why but anytime the luckiest Man in ireland is trying it on with me, I lose my **** with him like an absolute nutjob.

I don't know why but anytime the luckiest Man in ireland is trying it on with me, I lose my **** with him like an absolute nutjob.

Trying what on, ducking out with the lads for a "game of tennis"?? :pac:

Trying what on, ducking out with the lads for a "game of tennis"?? :pac:

Pawing me. I tell him to go **** all the ugly bitches he's friends with on facebook. Just watch though, as soon as he stops trying I'll be upset with him for thinking I'm ugly. I am legit a lunatic

Pawing me. I tell him to go **** all the ugly bitches he's friends with on facebook. Just watch though, as soon as he stops trying I'll be upset with him for thinking I'm ugly. I am legit a lunatic

I recommend Slazenger rackets and balls.

Lexie I feel sorry for LMII. the poor fella can't do anything right. Men are wonderful but very different to women.
    give the poor guy a break he's doing his best

People constantly talking about others behind their back. It's like being back in school sometimes. One person knows something - everybody knows something. Maybe if they had more work to do they'd be less interested in what everyone else is doing...

• Advertisement

More that TA at this. Using live piglets, possums and rabbits as bait for training greyhounds. Do people really think that its ok to use animals like this? :(

Combine dining and riding. Win. Win.
    If you're using any type of syrups, get the plastic sheets on the bed in advance.
    There's a TV show there somewhere, possibly involving Bruce Forsyth and Holly Willoughby. :pac:

"Come Ride the Stars with me on Ice in The Jungle"

Get me outa here:D

Mr. E lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

"Nice to **** you, to **** you, nice"? :eek:
    "Strictly Come Shagging" ?
    "The Fornication Game" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

TA, the humongous ugly pimple that appeared at the side of my nose. Jeez, 42 years old and still get the odd pimple.

• Advertisement

TA, the humongous ugly pimple that appeared at the side of my nose. Jeez, 42 years old and still get the odd pimple.

Will you squeeze it? TA when people don't squeeze the f.uckers and we all have to look at the big yellow shíte :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Will you squeeze it? TA when people don't squeeze the f.uckers and we all have to look at the big yellow shíte :(

Nope. It hurts and it'll pop soon. Yuk.

Keep a tissue on standby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When you get your hair cut, those spikey bits of hair that get stuck down the back of your top.

OldNotWIse wrote: »

In a place I worked in a few years back, the receptionist arrived one morning with a real prizer on her forehead, one of the drivers remarked "Jesus, you would'nt know whether to hug her or squeeze her":D

Does it look like something you could dip a slice of bread in?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Does it look like something you could dip a slice of bread in?:D

eisenberg I have to ask now that you remind me, what was the deal years ago with the soaking the heel of a loaf in boiling water and putting it on a boil?

I had one on my leg once as a child (this thing was the mount Etna of boils) and my mother did that, bloody hell did it hurt, eventually had to go to hospital to have it lanced! :pac:

(after a week wearing a dress, because I couldn't get my leg into trousers with a big crust of bread strapped to my thigh! I'm not sure which was more annoying - the boil, or the bread! :o I rocked the frock though :D)

eisenberg I have to ask now that you remind me, what was the deal years ago with the soaking the heel of a loaf in boiling water and putting it on a boil?

I had one on my leg once as a child (this thing was the mount Etna of boils) and my mother did that, bloody hell did it hurt, eventually had to go to hospital to have it lanced! :pac:

(after a week wearing a dress, because I couldn't get my leg into trousers with a big crust of bread strapped to my thigh! I'm not sure which was more annoying - the boil, or the bread! :o I rocked the frock though :D)

Ah. So that's what happened to you :P

Pumpkinseeds a bread poultis.

h :D)

Not really sure about that, a "Bread poultice" maybe, the granny's recipe. I think it was supposed to "draw" stuff out.

"It looks like gangrene"
    "Leave it to me, I will put some boiled bread on it":D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement