Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Eisenberg1 yup it is supposed to draw out any infection/pus. I remember them well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Eisenberg1 yup it is supposed to draw out any infection/pus. I remember them well

Cured AND a sandwich, posh.:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I got some mad infection on my finger on a trip to Spain one time. My mother had the sliced pan out and kettle boiling on my return.
    Cant remember if it sorted it out, but the toast I made from the bread was yucky.

There's nothing like an Irish Mammy/Granny even if they drive ya mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Do they work

yes Lexie poltices work

After years of irrationally hating cucumber (my mother used to sneak them into my sandwiches), a hate so bad that I wouldnt even put them on my eyes, I find myself today, really wanting a cucumber. An entire cucumber. I hate cucumber. I betray myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

After years of irrationally hating cucumber (my mother used to sneak them into my sandwiches), a hate so bad that I wouldnt even put them on my eyes, I find myself today, really wanting a cucumber. An entire cucumber. I hate cucumber. I betray myself

It could be worse. As the Kerryman said about cabbage, if you liked it you'd probably end up eating loads of it, and you can't stand the stuff. :D

Do they work

Yes, very old remedy for drawing out infection and foreign matter from small-to-middling wounds. Various American Indian tribes use mashed pumpkin instead of bread.

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    Yes, very old remedy for drawing out infection and foreign matter from small-to-middling wounds. Various American Indian tribes use mashed pumpkin instead of bread.

jaysus Jim you're a mine of information. TA bored in work

I was behind a lady in a vegetable shop, and she was buying a large cucumber ( the largest in the shop). trying to helpful, I suggested she ask the shopkeeper to slice it for her. She turned and said "Do I look like a fcuking slot machine?":D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I was behind a lady in a vegetable shop, and she was buying a large cucumber ( the largest in the shop). trying to helpful, I suggested she ask the shopkeeper to slice it for her. She turned and said "Do I look like a fcuking slot machine?":D

:D:D:D

I thought the mashed pumpkin was a dance.

I got Garnier shampoo there lately, and it is annoying me. I don't have an awful lot of hair, but I have to wash it every morning to avoid leaving the house looking like Keith Flint from The Prodigy. This stuff finagles one's hair in such a way as to make it nearly impossible to tell by feel when it's all rinsed off. I also bought shaving gel for €2 in the local Rob-Me-Blind lately. Great value, I thought. But it isn't, it's crap. It's like watery, lacklustre dishwater with very poor consistency and lathering, and I cannot wait until the foul concoction is used up so I can get a can of the good Gillette stuff.

And what mental block exactly do some people have with "L" and "N" plates? It really is quite simple, they go on the top-left corner of the rear-window and the top-right corner of the windscreen, looking from outside the car. I saw one disciple just today with an "N" plate stuck slap-bang in the centre of the bonnet. Clearly in this case it stands for "Nobjockey". :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I thought the mashed pumpkin was a dance.

Ahh that was the monster mash was the dance, and then there were Smashing Pumpkins, one of the greatest bands of the 90's, and then there's Pumpkinseeds, whose ears are burning about now :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I got Garnier shampoo there lately, and it is annoying me. I don't have an awful lot of hair, but I have to wash it every morning to avoid leaving the house looking like Keith Flint from The Prodigy. This stuff finagles one's hair in such a way as to make it nearly impossible to tell by feel when it's all rinsed off. I also bought shaving gel for €2 in the local Rob-Me-Blind lately. Great value, I thought. But it isn't, it's crap. It's like watery, lacklustre dishwater with very poor consistency and lathering, and I cannot wait until the foul concoction is used up so I can get a can of the good Gillette stuff.

And what mental block exactly do some people have with "L" and "N" plates? It really is quite simple, they go on the top-left corner of the rear-window and the top-right corner of the windscreen, looking from outside the car. I saw one disciple just today with an "N" plate stuck slap-bang in the centre of the bonnet. Clearly in this case it stands for "Nobjockey". :D

I seen a car with Z plate one day and wondered what the fook is that, then figured out the sticker placement engineer put the N on sideways.

BB *snort * sticker placement engineer

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭todders

I hate it when people feel the need to comment on what I'm eating, especially if it's anyway healthy.

Yeah I'm eating something different and healthy

Get the f##k over it!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I also bought shaving gel for €2 in the local Rob-Me-Blind lately. Great value, I thought. But it isn't, it's crap. It's like watery, lacklustre dishwater with very poor consistency and lathering, and I cannot wait until the foul concoction is used up so I can get a can of the good Gillette stuff.

I would have thought you'd be more a Badger, soap and Thiers-Issard sort of man.

Seven Worlds will Collide

I would have thought you'd be more a Badger, soap and Thiers-Issard sort of man.

<Scratches arse ruefully> You'd think so, wouldn't you. Hard to make time for all that rigmarole, though.

• Advertisement

I live near this completely eccentric man, and I quite imagine Jim to be a younger version of him.

I pictured Jim looking like Grizzly Adams. All Manly and devilishly handsome

I live near this completely eccentric man, and I quite imagine Jim to be a younger version of him.

https://flic.kr/p/9aZbR7

Well? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The fella beside me at work. He only comes in to the office once a forthnight thankfully but is a complete bore...and very loud.
    I am sitting here wearing earplugs and can still hear him. How am I supposed to concentrate on boards work under these conditions?

Jim you're so normal!!!

Jim you're so normal!!!

Tellin' ya. Hell's Geography Teachers! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

The Irish Times introducing a paywall - it didn't feckin' work the last time, why are they doing it again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    The Irish Times introducing a paywall - it didn't feckin' work the last time, why are they doing it again?

There you go! It always was a TA to me that I paid to read my Irish Times every day and others just went online and read it for free. Why would any newspaper supply their product free online? Self destructive I would have thought.

yeppydeppy wrote: »

At least this time it will not be too hard to get around if you really want to read more than 10 articles per week.

People commenting on what I'm having for lunch. so what, soup AND a sandwich, good lord. It's an absolute TRAVESTY. I'm a savage for having a sandwich AND soup. **** off will Ya

• Advertisement

There you go! It always was a TA to me that I paid to read my Irish Times every day and others just went online and read it for free. Why would any newspaper supply their product free online? Self destructive I would have thought.

Gulp. We disagree. :(

Gulp. We disagree. :(

Relax! It's just a generational issue. ;)

Sure trigger is practically the same age scrameen!

Sure trigger is practically the same age scrameen!

TA that there is no 'unlike' button on boards. :mad:

At least this time it will not be too hard to get around if you really want to read more than 10 articles per week.

Nothing I like better, than being on rush hour LUAS, my big bag beside me, and reading my big Irish Times, and giving it a good rattle when I get pissed off:D

Nothing I like better, than being on rush hour LUAS, my big bag beside me, and reading my big Irish Times, and giving it a good rattle when I get pissed off:D

I'm sure Lexie would love sitting across from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I dont get it. Was she going to use it for something else? :confused::eek:

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I dont get it. Was she going to use it for something else? :confused::eek:

Ahem, lets just say it was never gonna be in a salad;)

Eise ew. just buy a bleedin vibrator ya scuzzy cow

• Advertisement

I'd be a bit afraid of them though. What if something went wrong. At least a cucumber cant give you an electric shock in the you know what, or get you pregnant:D

All this talk of cucumber is making me hungry.....

All this talk of cucumber is making me hungry.....

Yes, all this talk of cucumber is making me er....."hungry" too :o

Marshamllow and maple syrup in my beard now.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Marshamllow and maple syrup in my beard now.

Are you manufacturing organisms in there? :)

And for the second day running the TA thread descends in to talk about lady parts.
    I commend you all! :D

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Are you manufacturing organisms in there? :)
    It's a new form of penicillin i'm growing. T'will cure all TA's.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It's a new form of penicillin i'm growing. T'will cure all TA's.

Why would you want to do that? :eek: Imagine the void.... :)

And for the second day running the TA thread descends in to talk about lady parts.
    I commend you all! :D

Oh yes. TTTAY has got it going on :D :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Jaysus MsB! :D

I was about to type Mzzz B. there (forever blowing bubbles :p)

Bloody one track mind 'n' a filthy mouth :(

Jaysus MsB! :D

I was about to type Mzzz B. there (forever blowing bubbles :p)

Bloody one track mind 'n' a filthy mouth :(

Bet you like that don't ya :D:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement