Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    And another TA - people still believing that colds are caused by the weather :rolleyes:

What? and there is me thinking I knew everything, and you are not even wise.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

My pet peeve at the moment, our water immersion heater, every time someone in the house takes a shower, you have to wait an hour and a half till the water is semi-decent warm, its bloody freezing stepping out of that shower. I've asked the landlord countless times to install a power shower, hot water in an instant.

Mind you don't catch a cold from those cold showers at this time of year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Why is my good news confirmation taking so long :mad::mad:

Mind you don't catch a cold from those cold showers at this time of year!

Put something on your feet, you'll get your end! (My mother still says this to me, I've given up arguing back)

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Unbeliever!! you should be stoned, actually, we should all get stoned:D

Already der Bud schwa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Jake1 wrote: »
    ''if you dont know by now, you'll never know'' :mad:

:D

If you loved me then you'd know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Those stupid reindeer decorations that are on about every second car at the moment. I love christmas and christmas decorations in general, but for some reason these things really annoy me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

miezekatze wrote: »
    Those stupid reindeer decorations that are on about every second car at the moment. I love christmas and christmas decorations in general, but for some reason these things really annoy me.

I'll see your car reindeer antlers and raise you those wnakers who have eyelashes on their car headlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

miezekatze wrote: »

Seen a black Fiat Punto with them yokes on the car this morning nice n dark at 5.30 am on M7, one faint rear light and one front sidelight, instead of buying them (albeit for charity) should have bought a few bulbs for the car, (or a lighting Rudolph nose)

And another TA - people still believing that colds are caused by the weather :rolleyes:

Definitely not people sitting on buses with no ventilation and refusing to open the windows so we're all breathing each other's germs, no nothing to do with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

My pet peeve at the moment, our water immersion heater, every time someone in the house takes a shower, you have to wait an hour and a half till the water is semi-decent warm, its bloody freezing stepping out of that shower. I've asked the landlord countless times to install a power shower, hot water in an instant.

You need an electric shower, a power shower still uses the hot tank, so will still need the hour to heat up again, and the noise of the motor doesn't impress neighbors in developments with paper thin walls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

After having war with some jumped up idiot in jack and Jones only for her to turn around and tell me to have a nice day, after her being so rude. I'll have a nice day if I want to have a nice day, I'll have whatever kind of day I want to have. I'm snappin and no idea why her telling me to have a nice day bothered me so much but i was fuming. Insincere cow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

After having war with some jumped up idiot in jack and Jones only for her to turn around and tell me to have a nice day, after her being so rude. I'll have a nice day if I want to have a nice day, I'll have whatever kind of day I want to have. I'm snappin and no idea why her telling me to have a nice day bothered me so much but i was fuming. Insincere cow

Goes along the same lines as me being in a humour and someone comes up to me and says 'Cheer up'. :mad:

About this time last year my dad was dying and I had left the hospital to go get a bowl of soup and time to clear my head. Went to the carvery of the local
    Hotel, it was late enough and hardly anyone was there. There was this old fella slurping into his pint at the bar when I went to pay. He says "cheer up". Which I ignored. Then he said "cheer up it might never happen". I said it already has. He kept pushing and asking what happened that was so bad and I snapped "my fathers dying". And he was so apologetic. I almost felt bad for saying it but meh, I doubt he'll ever tell anyone to cheer up again the prick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm in two minds about whether to go home for Christmas. My dad told me last night that I "ruined his Christmas" two years ago when my aunt and I had a row and I was skuttered drunk. My response was along these lines.

Ok, why say it now? And did you say the same thing to my aunt, who started it in the first place? (Admittedly I finished it with a flourish!)
    I admit I was wrong, too. I will hold out the olive branch if I meet her.

Being warned not to drink until after the turkey sucks balls. I'm anxious already! (I'm 37 by the way!!!!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I'm in two minds about whether to go home for Christmas. My dad told me last night that I "ruined his Christmas" two years ago when my aunt and I had a row and I was skuttered drunk. My response was along these lines.

Ok, why say it now? And did you say the same thing to my aunt, who started it in the first place? (Admittedly I finished it with a flourish!)
    I admit I was wrong, too. I will hold out the olive branch if I meet her.

Being warned not to drink until after the turkey sucks balls. I'm anxious already! (I'm 37 by the way!!!!!!)

Lucky sod. I'd love to get outrageously mouldy by about 3pm and fling the more unpleasant turkey giblets at certain individuals. I usually don't sit down to a gallon of port until eight or nine, by which time the humour is gone off me somewhat and I'm more looking forward to a few pints on St. Stephen's. :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    Lucky sod. I'd love to get outrageously mouldy by about 3pm and fling the more unpleasant turkey giblets at certain individuals. I usually don't sit down to a gallon of port until eight or nine, by which time the humour is gone off me somewhat and I'm more looking forward to a few pints on St. Stephen's. :D

I also got drunk at Christmas when I was a teenager and performed lewd acts using parts of the turkey (especially the neck) to a cringing family audience...

They don't trust me anymore!!!

I also got drunk at Christmas when I was a teenager and performed lewd acts using parts of the turkey (especially the neck) to a cringing family audience...

They don't trust me anymore!!!

I could use a relation like you. I'd start an Atrocity Scrapbook and award points for technique, grossness, targeting and general dressage! :pac:

I could use a relation like you. I'd start an Atrocity Scrapbook and award points for technique, grossness, targeting and general dressage! :pac:

Deal! :D

• Advertisement

Deal! :D

"Enola Gay, you should have stayed at home yes-terday..." :pac:

"Enola Gay, you should have stayed at home yes-terday..." :pac:

This is my party piece....

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Ticket prices... I would really like to see AC/DC in my lifetime, but oddly enough I don't have €90 to spend on myself the week before Christmas.

danrua01 wrote: »
    Ticket prices... I would really like to see AC/DC in my lifetime, but oddly enough I don't have €90 to spend on myself the week before Christmas.

Only one thing for it... stick on the DVD, dig out the public-schoolboy uniform and STOMP! An-gus, An-gus, An-gus!! :D

Went shopping yesterday with my best friend and her 4 month old. Obviously I got lots of cuddles from him and she took a photo and put it up on facebook. Pretty much all the comments are people thinking they're funny and original saying it suits me. Yeah cause having a child is an accessory.

Went shopping yesterday with my best friend and her 4 month old. Obviously I got lots of cuddles from him and she took a photo and put it up on facebook. Pretty much all the comments are people thinking they're funny and original saying it suits me. Yeah cause having a child is an accessory.

You take way too much notice of people, Lexmeister. May I recommend a life of complete beetle-headed serene obliviousness? Maybe you need to be over 40 to pull that off properly... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

danrua01 wrote: »

Fcuk going to see them now, invest in the Let there be rock DVD, it was one of Bonn Scott's last gigs with them and probably one of the best concerts available in film, the Highway to Hell road show live in Paris from 1979.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Fcuk going to see them now, invest in the Let there be rock DVD, it was one of Bonn Scott's last gigs with them and probably one of the best concerts available in film, the Highway to Hell road show live in Paris from 1979.

Oh fcuk YEAH!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

People allowing their child, who is young enough to sit on a lap, to occupy a seat of their own during rush hour.

Only one thing for it... stick on the DVD, dig out the public-schoolboy uniform and STOMP! An-gus, An-gus, An-gus!! :D

THAT'S THE WAY TO DO IT! if i hadnt sold my SG i could do it 100%

Well ahead of ye!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Suddenly remembering every single thing that needs to be done around the house as soon as I get onto my bike on the turbo trainer. Shut up brain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Dirty cow cleaning her nails with her teeth on the bus beside me! Puke puke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Washing up after breakfast I broke my Boards.ie Mug that I must have had for 10 years, the morning coffee will never be the same again

Seven Worlds will Collide

Waiting for a cheque to clear. What the f.uck are they doing with the money? It's been six days!!!

Waiting for a cheque to clear. What the f.uck are they doing with the money? It's been six days!!!

They take it to the bookies, see what they can do with it!

I sh.it on the karma gods! Aul gobs.hite on the luas this morning kept belting me in the face with the bag on his back... Urgh............ :(

"All set for Christmas?"
    "No, I am going to cancel it this year"
    "Oh, I can't cancel it, I have three kids. Ah you know, it makes it"

..... :confused:

I don't want to dredge up the us v them in relation to parents/non-parents but again, another smug declaration that Christmas is not really Christmas without children. God help all the poor childless souls sitting at home without kids to make Christmas for them. There will be no booze or catching up with friends and family or nice Christmas dinner for them. Nope, not a bean...because, you know....it's the children that make Christmas. Funny, I thought it was Jesus's birthday that did that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,232 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Breakfast commentators -

BC: Oh I couldn't eat a fry now at this hour of the morning!

Me: Mmhmm...

BC: Ohh that looks lovely!

Me: It is...

BC: Can I try some of those mushrooms? Oh your egg is after splitting, oh...

Me: *glares*

BC: I was only saying?

Topped off by the arrival of this chap -

http://omg.wthax.org/7FDWUD.jpg

I'll just have a yoghurt in work in future :(

Breakfast commentators -

BC: Oh I couldn't eat a fry now at this hour of the morning!

Me: Mmhmm...

BC: Ohh that looks lovely!

Me: It is...

BC: Can I try some of those mushrooms? Oh your egg is after splitting, oh...

Me: *glares*

BC: I was only saying?

Topped off by the arrival of this chap -

http://omg.wthax.org/7FDWUD.jpg

I'll just have a yoghurt in work in future :(

Ah the food commentators. Bain of my life and general thorn in my side. Even the smell of food is enough to send them up a gear. Have they never seen food before? Are they forced to live on oats and boiled potatoes? Why do they sniff and smell other people's food but then deprive themselves? Is it a weird sex game where they smell other people's food all day and practice extreme deprivation and then sit on the kitchen floor at home scoffing and gobbling when nobody is watching? Who can solve the mystery of the food commentators?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Ah the food commentators. Bain of my life and general thorn in my side. Even the smell of food is enough to send them up a gear. Have they never seen food before? Are they forced to live on oats and boiled potatoes? Why do they sniff and smell other people's food but then deprive themselves? Is it a weird sex game where they smell other people's food all day and practice extreme deprivation and then sit on the kitchen floor at home scoffing and gobbling when nobody is watching? Who can solve the mystery of the food commentators?

So long since I commented on this thread (with an old user name) but I have to jump back in for the food commentators.
    Oh, you're having chips, they smell lovely, etc..

JUST FCKU OFF and let me have my lunch in peace :p

People who stink of the food they ate the night before. Garlic is the worst. Yak. Are we not disgusting enough creatures without having to ooze garlic from our pores.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Out with friends and one bails without having the manners to say goodbye.

So long since I commented on this thread (with an old user name) but I have to jump back in for the food commentators.
    Oh, you're having chips, they smell lovely, etc..

JUST FCKU OFF and let me have my lunch in peace :p

Chips? Oh my God you are so bold! Oh I'd love one but I can't, I'm on the blahdeblah diet. Oh but I would just love one! Oh but I can't...blah blah blah

People that bail without having the manners to say goodbye.

Sorry about that, but I did leave the money on the chest of drawers, beside the lamp.

Thanks, you were great.

XX
    John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

People that bail without having the manners to say goodbye.

This is sometimes a necessary evil - especially if your with one of those who insist on buying you more drink when you're already full to the brim and they themselves are a mix of Mrs. Doyle and Fr. Jack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Sorry about that, but I did leave the money on the chest of drawers, beside the lamp.

Thanks, you were great.

XX
    John

Ooooh awkward, I wasn't home last night. Il pass on your thanks to granny.

I was wondering why she was hobbling funny on the zimmerframe.

Cheers :)

I really couldn't care less about Christmas. I'm not religious, so no reason to celebrate it. I don't want people spending money on useless gifts, it'd be much better if it was just another normal day off work with a meal, and if we wanted something for ourselves we could buy it, because we hadn't wasted tons of money on useless things for others.

But, y'know, gotta keep up the show.

Christmas isn't originally a religious celebration - it's the celebration of the winter solstice, I'm not sure why it's on the 25th instead of the 21st but it's probably because when the church decided to hijack the holiday they wanted to distinguish it from the original pagan festival on the 21st.

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    Christmas isn't originally a religious celebration - it's the celebration of the winter solstice, I'm not sure why it's on the 25th instead of the 21st but it's probably because when the church decided to hijack the holiday they wanted to distinguish it from the original pagan festival on the 21st.

Aye I know that, but now it IS a religious holiday, really. Though I wouldn't mind having a dinner to celebrate the solstice, outdoors!

Which brings to mind an annoyance: people who attend the "hocus pocus (I'm the best dressed person in the parish) show" only at christmas - why bother?

• Advertisement

"Oh this year, we are not sending cards, we are giving a donation to the homeless"

Send a card AND give a donation to the homeless, you miserable pr1cks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement