Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Will you be posting pics of the new Lexie? Is your hair shorter than mine now?

TA that I cant go to the hairdressers any more.

It probably is shorter. It's about 2 inches below my shoulder. They took about 7 inches off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

It probably is shorter. It's about 2 inches below my shoulder. They took about 7 inches off it.

I am sure it is lovely. But if you look like a hound then I will also tell ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Bog roll that isn't properly perforated, now THAT'S a TTTA-ME....grrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Hola Titties I go to my Spanish class and when I come back Lexie's been scalped

Fear not Ms B, I'm still beautiful as ever

• Advertisement

Phew ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

One of our cats was in a fight the other night and he'd gotten fairly battered, long story short, he'd been gone a bit too long so I went to have a look for him earlier on in a nearby estate. Found him and were on our way home, bumped into group of teens and they regaled me with pussy jokes.:o

One of our cats was in a fight the other night and he'd gotten fairly battered, long story short, he'd been gone a bit too long so I went to have a look for him earlier on in a nearby estate. Found him and were on our way home, bumped into group of teens and they regaled me with pussy jokes.:o

In fairness, if they didnt crack those jokes then you should be giving out about the youth of today having lost their touch!

In fairness, if they didnt crack those jokes then you should be giving out about the youth of today having lost their touch!

True, and puss did seem to enjoy trotting along beside me like a dog.:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It must have been a male hairdresser overstating the inches ifyouknowwhatimean

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It must have been a male hairdresser overstating the inches ifyouknowwhatimean

:D:D:D it was and all

Oh my god devastated is not the word, I have my first grey hair. I feel SICK. Grey. An entire strand of it. What have I done with my life

The grey ones are like guitar strings too, much thicker than normal hair. You are in the departures lounge once you have a grey.

Stop, not funny. I'm after finding another one. This is what I get now for dying my hair from I was 12. That's it now. I'm officially old

This is what living with my OH does to you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Wait til you get grey hairs in your beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Silver vixen alert!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Don't pull it out, you will sprout ten more !

73Cat wrote: »
    Don't pull it out, you will sprout ten more !

Ffs you're not serious??? http://tinypic.com/r/rte1d5/8
    Ugh. This feels like a night out in Portlaoise. When all you want to do is go home and hang yourself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Silver vixen alert!

Run!

Ffs you're not serious??? http://tinypic.com/r/rte1d5/8
    Ugh. This feels like a night out in Portlaoise. When all you want to do is go home and hang yourself

Not sure if that's an old wife's tale tbh ! But they hurt like hell to pull out , they are like wire :(

Is it ok to like that post - or is that a bit insensitive given the circumstances?

Oh my god devastated is not the word, I have my first grey hair. I feel SICK. Grey. An entire strand of it. What have I done with my life

Wait until they get colour resistant and it costs a bomb to get it coloured in a salon every 6 weeks or so.:(

Stop I'm so stressed out that I'll have about 5 more before I can get home to whinge to the oh and give him some too

Is it ok to like that post - or is that a bit insensitive given the circumstances?

I know what you mean! Which leads me to a Facebook TA, tragic news stories, and people liking them in their droves. I don't get it at all. There should be a dislike option, how can you like something tragic ?

73Cat wrote: »
    I know what you mean! Which leads me to a Facebook TA, tragic news stories, and people liking them in their droves. I don't get it at all. There should be a dislike option, how can you like something tragic ?

People just dont think and want to be 'seen' to be aware of the tragedy at hand.

Our thoughts, and support, should be with the victims here (Lexie in this case) and not thanks whooring.
    I feel bad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

My OH hasnt one grey hair and Ive done my best to give him some..:mad: Life is very unfair Lexie...Did I mention already that its a mans life?

Do you know my mother died at 44 years old and not a grey hair to her name.

• Advertisement

Mil is 80. She doesn't have 1 grey hair. I'm 39 and have a few grey hair dunno how many cos I dye my hair every 5 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Colser wrote: »
    My OH hasnt one grey hair and Ive done my best to give him some..:mad: Life is very unfair Lexie...Did I mention already that its a mans life?

Is it ballacks. I'm as grey as a (dead) badger, but I don't care because I'm a man, and I'm the bawss-mawn I aum!! :)

jimgoose wrote: »
    Is it ballacks. I'm as grey as a (dead) badger, but I don't care because I'm a man, and I'm the bawss-mawn I aum!! :)
    Exactly:mad:But if you were a gander and not a goose it wouldnt work..Men can be grey or bald and its still attractive..that look doesnt suit us wimmins..and costs us a bomb to disguise:mad::mad::mad:

Exactly:mad:But if you were a gander and not a goose it wouldnt work..Men can be grey or bald and its still attractive..that look doesnt suit us wimmins..and costs us a bomb to disguise:mad::mad::mad:

But I'm a fcukan fine cut of a mawn, I aum. It doesn't matter one whit whether I sport a classic Keith Wood uranium-tipped noggin, or a Pepe le Peu two-tone. :)

I quite like my husbands grey hairs, it suits him somehow and doesn't bother him at all. I hate my own and since I have dark straight hair I just can't get away without getting it coloured. He found the receipt for my cut and colour just before Christmas, I'd say it gave him a few extra greys.:D

But I'm a fcukan fine cut of a mawn, I aum. It doesn't matter one whit whether I sport a classic Keith Wood uranium-tipped noggin, or a Pepe le Peu two-tone. :)
    Pics or......:D

• Advertisement

Pics or......:D

:D

Yer a lash ya

Yer a lash ya
    Ya and not a grey hair in sight ..:)

Yer a lash ya

Hmm. That's actually three years old. I must put up a Duckface Selfie shortly! :)

It seems to be impossible to find a tattoo artist with experience tattooing scar tissue.:(

• Advertisement

It seems to be impossible to find a tattoo artist with experience tattooing scar tissue.:(
    Would that be safe to do Pumpkin? On another note I was reading earlier that theres a cream due out soon that will remove tattoos rather than lasering them..find it very hard to believe that it would work tbh but I hope that it will and that someone in my house will buy jars of it..:)

I'm gonna take my duckface selfie now lol where's trigger happy?? He's gonna miss this lol

Would that be safe to do Pumpkin? On another note I was reading earlier that theres a cream due out soon that will remove tattoos rather than lasering them..find it very hard to believe that it would work tbh but I hope that it will and that someone in my house will buy jars of it..:)

I've read that it's possible and I've seen some incredible artwork covering scar tissue. But you do have to be careful as it's more complicated with scars. I've lots of scar tissue under one of my armpits and the arm has a big chunk missing after surgery years ago. It makes me very self-concious and it's a bugger to get Spring/Summer tops with an arm long enough to cover it but short enough not to swelter in. I usually end up sweltering. I used to make a joke of it if someone saw it and stared I'd just say it was a shark bite but now I'm thinking it would be fun to cover it with a tattoo. I quite like the Cheshire Cat ones I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I can't turn pancakes very well, most of the ones I made were almost all folded over or mushed together. I did have a few successes but mostly I feel inept. I'm a great cook but I can't feckin flip a pancake. Or an omelette for that matter. A lot of the time my omelettes turn into fancy scrambled eggs. Still tasty though. And my pancakes tasted good so I'm fairly happy. I just need to find a flippy gadget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My throat is so sore I can barely speak above a whisper. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Lexie looks amazing. I have lip and eyebrow envy. I've seen loads of tattoos over scarring and there should be no problem finding someone to accommodate this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Living with a cat who's Temptations addiction has turned her into a fiendish little psycho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

There I was doing my good deed, cutting up stale bread into small pieces to throw out to the birds, I somehow managed to nick my thumb with a fairly blunt bread knife.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

There I was doing my good deed, cutting up stale bread into small pieces to throw out to the birds, I somehow managed to nick my thumb with a fairly blunt bread knife.

Careful you don't put out the blood tinted bread or you'll attract the flying sharks! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Watching people make a big hullabaloo about lent and giving up chocolate, saying 'oh, it's great to do this as I'll feel and look great after' and then see them delve into crisps / coke / pastries like they're going out of fashion...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement