Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

selous wrote: »
    And like a real unwanted house guest, it comes back, everyone in work that had it 3 weeks ago, has it again, there's bloody tumbleweeds blowing around the place with the amount of missing people. Ive been lucky so far, had a mild dose of it before it mutated and got nasty, :D (just jinxed myself, haven't I)

Do you not have immunity to that strain once you've had it?

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Watching people make a big hullabaloo about lent and giving up chocolate, saying 'oh, it's great to do this as I'll feel and look great after' and then see them delve into crisps / coke / pastries like they're going out of fashion...

Idiots. They'll all be out with muck on their foreheads later too and sanctimoniously eating fish for dinner. What is it about Irish people and their a la carte approach to religion? Do it or don't, nobody cares but these shenanigans in the middle where they do some of it but ignore the rest? Ah would you all just feck off already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    They'll all be out with muck on their foreheads later too

I have a filthy mind thinking that was some 50 shades reference...

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Posters who ask for help looking for something/information/advice who then never return to the thread despite many other people going to the bother of providing help or links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The Peanut wrote: »
    Posters who ask for help looking for something/information/advice who then never return to the thread despite many other people going to the bother of providing help or links.

Or the fact that alot of the time a quick google on their part would have found the answer quicker.

I find it funny how many posters use Boards as a slower version of google.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I have a filthy mind thinking that was some 50 shades reference...

:pac:

I would have thought the "fish for dinner" reference would be more suited to a filty reference....

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Morning Titties ! has normal grumpy service resumed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Went to the train station this morning, three people in wheelchairs were wheeled out the door, and left right across the doorway. Of course then you have simpletons who stand behind them and block it moreso. God what did I ever do that I'm forced to share oxygen with this sort on a daily basis

MsBubbles wrote: »

Morning Mrs B!
    The Grumpy-o-meter is revving all the way up to 11 this morning!

• Advertisement

Morning WM ! love the link ! TA at myself bought a lovely takeaway coffee and managed to spill half of it all over the walls and floor in work. I hate being so clumsy :(

On the train there's people standing while an aul one pretends to be asleep while keeping her bag next to her. What the **** is wrong with people?? It's the same generation that gives out about our generation. Get up ta ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

The Peanut wrote: »

I find people who quote the op in the first 5 posts more annoying.

Sure who else would you be replying to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

It has indeed MsB, today is dirty forehead day, where people who wouldn't normally be seen inside a church get to feel better about themselves coming into work unwashed. I wash myself, I don't need a dirty forehead to prove I go to mass! :pac:

The flagellation whips in the stationery cupboard? Don't know anything about 'em, sorry...

<_<

ONJ Ah yes. I know the type well. Hypocritical sods. As for the whips you've gone all 50 Shades of Gray on me.
    Is your inner goddess hopping from foot to foot ?

ONJ Ah yes. I know the type well. Hypocritical sods. As for the whips you've gone all 50 Shades of Gray on me.
    Is your inner goddess hopping from foot to foot ?

Snickering like Mutley here after reading that Ms B, more worrying that I actually get the reference after reading the FSOG trilogy :o I haven't been to see the film yet though from what I hear, there were indeed people slipping off their seats...

The cringe factor was that bad! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

TA that I'm developing an old woman stomach at the ripe old age of 18

TA at myself for abandoning my diet since Christmas

TA that Pringles are so delicious

OJE I haven't read the trilogy after hearing that one line I thought I can't read that muck.
    I've heard from a couple of people the movie wasn't great. Jamie Doran does nothing for me

The only thing I took from that movie was she was hairy as ****. To quote Samantha from sex and the city "Jesus honey! Wax much? I could be on death row and not have that situation". I know, different strokes for different folks and all that, but I was actually fantasising about what wax I would use on her. Even her legs were hairy. She hadn't even trimmed. Nothing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Frigating wrote: »
    TA that Pringles are so delicious

Once you pop......... (not a Fifty Shades refernce)

I'm getting a little TA'd waiting on some news, been waiting the past few days, I thought it wouldnt bother me but it is.

I'm also waiting for some pictures back from a photographer friend of mine. We got some family shots done and really interested to see how they came out. Not conventional family shots behind a cloudy blue background with cheesy smiles gathered around a vase.

The only thing I took from that movie was she was hairy as ****. To quote Samantha from sex and the city "Jesus honey! Wax much? I could be on death row and not have that situation". I know, different strokes for different folks and all that, but I was actually fantasising about what wax I would use on her. Even her legs were hairy. She hadn't even trimmed. Nothing.

The other side of that is people who take everything off.... It's just way too weird :( I mean, come on... Is a landing strip too much to ask for? :pac:

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Once you pop......... (not a Fifty Shades refernce)

I'm getting a little TA'd waiting on some news, been waiting the past few days, I thought it wouldnt bother me but it is.

I'm also waiting for some pictures back from a photographer friend of mine. We got some family shots done and really interested to see how they came out. Not conventional family shots behind a cloudy blue background with cheesy smiles gathered around a vase.

Is it good news? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Was this her character or just the actress? Like is it part of the movie or just an observation?

The other side of that is people who take everything off.... It's just way too weird :( I mean, come on... Is a landing strip too much to ask for? :pac:

v important.
    Without a landing strip, the jumbo mightn't find the right runway!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Is it good news? :P

It has potential to be excellent news.
    But if it's negative news, it doesn't mean bad things.

Jaysus I sound like The Riddler.

I know it's been said before, but it's so infuriating it warrants a second mention. Anne Hathaways "performance" of I dreamed a dream in Les Mis. Just....what? Talk about a cóck up. Over the top rubbish really. You'd swear she was the first ever woman to suffer ill faith. I hate her :( She looks like Sinead O'Connor crossed with a grapefruit. Or a gargoyle on a come down. Bring back Ruthie :(

I dunno ONW, I personally HATE body hair on me. I feel disgusting. I wax everything. Arms, legs, bikini, the back of my neck so I have a neat hairline. I thread my face, all those horrible blonde fluffy hairs that are on the sides of my face, upper lip. Two of my closest friends are beauty therapists so I get my waxing done for free and it doesn't get a chance to really grow back. I hate going getting intimate waxing and then them leaving a little bit. That's why I always have it done with Lycon. You use one wax to take all the hair that's visible and then another wax that takes blonde hair that is very short. No other wax will get such a perfect finish.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It has potential to be excellent news.
    But if it's negative news, it doesn't mean bad things.

Jaysus I sound like The Riddler.

It might end up being half good news :)

A bit of insulation for those cold winter nights alone I guess.:D

I'm glad I'm not a woman or I'd have to be waxed every other day.

On the plus side, there's not even a blush of the afternoon yet and we've managed to bring the conversation around (down?) to lady bits already. A TTTAY record? :o

That's why I always have it done with Lycon. You use one wax to take all the hair that's visible and then another wax that takes blonde hair that is very short. No other wax will get such a perfect finish.

I have an image of you being a female Barry Scott, going around with a waxing gun....

zzzzaaaapppp!!!

And the hair is GONE!!

• Advertisement

Yeah, tis bad alright. Have just about manage to get rid of the morning glory and all:D

The sex scene from Scary Movie just popped into my head now too.

TA - my hair is so short that when I have it tied up, it only reaches to the nape of my neck and my layers at the front keep falling into my face. Also, the luckiest Man in ireland looked about grey hair causes and it seems bad diet (check) deficiency in b12 (check) and thyroid problems (check) all trigger a lack of melatonin in hair follicles which causes the hair to go grey. I tell Ya, not one bit of processed food will pass my lips today and on Monday I am going to let the nurse give me my b12 injection. Then hopefully that'll be the end of that and I can prevent any more of that nonsense

Lexie I need to visit you for a wax.

Ms B, I will wax you anytime!

Lexie I'm so freaking hairy it's awful :(

Lexie I'm so freaking hairy it's awful :(

Tell me about it. The time I dedicate trying to battle hirsuitsm is disgraceful

Lexie TA My problem is my hair is so blonde that most waxers miss half of it :( I'm like a wookie on the sides of my face and now I'm getting to the age where I'm getting a lady tache

Lexie TA My problem is my hair is so blonde that most waxers miss half of it :( I'm like a wookie on the sides of my face and now I'm getting to the age where I'm getting a lady tache

Growing old is becoming increasingly unappealing to me...

...but not half as unappealing as the alternative :)

Thread the face, skin too delicate to wax. Lycon wax for the blonde hair.

TA - this proposed new speed limit regulation. I am all for it. Reduce it down. People shouldn't need to be told not to speed through a residential area, but clearly they do. What's grinding my gears like nobodies business is parents claiming 100% of the blame lies with the motorist, that kids have every right to be unsupervised in a street, and to suggest the parents accept responsibility for kids is "victim blaming".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Thread the face, skin too delicate to wax. Lycon wax for the blonde hair.

TA - this proposed new speed limit regulation. I am all for it. Reduce it down. People shouldn't need to be told not to speed through a residential area, but clearly they do. What's grinding my gears like nobodies business is parents claiming 100% of the blame lies with the motorist, that kids have every right to be unsupervised in a street, and to suggest the parents accept responsibility for kids is "victim blaming".

I'm in two minds about speed-ramps and pathologically low speed limits in residential areas. I think it encourages too much thinking about the speed limit and not enough proper observation of what's actually happening in a given place and time. Particularly in the case of speed-ramps they encourage a lot of speeding-up/slowing-down, finagling with gearshift, etc. But people love to Do Something, This is Something, therefore we must do This. :pac:

Regarding who's to blame, I don't think it's much use bickering over who's at fault and to what degree. Children will run wild, you can't watch them all the time. I should say it is required of Tank Commanders to watch carefully what's happening and what's in front of you, and drive always in such a way that you can pull up in time.

TA at the drivers who speed through our estate. The kids are dynamite for running out into the road.
    Drive Slower you tools.

TA at 50 Shades of Gray, Jamie Doran meh. Scott Eastwood there's a hottie

Why the fook are hospitals boiling hot? I'm melting away here like a waxwork dummy! :mad:

(my wife had her gall bladder out yesterday, collecting her this morning - keyhole surgery, amazing what you can do with a small prick :p)

Why the fook are hospitals boiling hot? I'm melting away here like a waxwork dummy! :mad:

(my wife had her gall bladder out yesterday, collecting her this morning - keyhole surgery, amazing what you can do with a small prick :p)

"Just a little prick with a needle, sir!" "Ah, don't be so down on yourself, some of my best friends are doctors!" :D

ONJ Hope your wife is on the mend. It's the disinfect smell of hospitals I hate that combined with the heat would make any one feel ill

I just think parents need to accept some responsibility for the safety of their kids. And motorists need to drive carefully so as not to run over kids. But they're unpredictable, they can dart out at the very last second. And you're right when you say no use blaming anyone then. If a child is too small to understand, then don't let them onto the road.

And I don't know how parents expect to reach kids how to cross the road safely judging by the imbicles I see at the school I pass each morning. Two pedestrian crossings. You think they're used? Naw. Double park, grab the child's hand and run across the road in front of moving traffic and merging traffic. The love of my life is two. Obviously can't tell Her lefts from her rights, and I'm not her mammy but anytime I have her, we stop on the path, look out for cars, ask her if she sees a car, and then cross. We do it in carparks, in her estate. When she's in her buggy. I feel like an absolute simpleton standing there where there's no cars, but I'm hoping that if she ever does get outside without someone with her, that she'll at least remember to stop before darting across, which would give a driver an extra few seconds to see her and stop.

• Advertisement

I just think....

All well-said, chief.

Lexie, Jim Bring back The Safe Cross Code

Lexie, Jim Bring back The Safe Cross Code

Hup ourra dat!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

^ I still have a Judge from Wanderly Wagon Safe Cross Code badge from 1984!
    :D

Things were simpler then. No-one driving those god awful SUV yokes that small children don't stand a chance against. Back then the risks mainly related to being hit by flying rusty chunks falling off cars passing you by, or being poked in the eye by a coat hanger aerial. :pac:

Aglomerado wrote: »
    ...Things were simpler then. No-one driving those god awful SUV yokes that children don't stand a chance against. Back then the risks mainly related to being hit by flying rusty chunks falling off cars passing you by, or being poked in the eye by a coat hanger aerial. :pac:

Damn straight. And don't talk to me about the obstruction those ridiculous, oversized 4x4 yokes present when one is directly in front of you on a narrow/suburban road, and when one of them is beside you at a junction turning right. And most of the stupid things have a bigger shíte-fit than the driver if they put a wheel into a puddle, off-road me hole! :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement