Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Deer hunters giving out about Clare Daly because she is bringing a motion to ban the use of dogs when out shooting. I can see why her argument doesn't make sense but these guys are talking about "acting humanely" and thinking about the deer's interest. Um here's a thought. Why don't you leave the f.ucking deer alone and don't shoot them in the first place, ye f.ucking blood thirsty freaks of nature. Humanely my hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I trained as a teacher in England so to teach over here I have to go to the Gaeltacht for 3 weeks :( Did one week in August, only did three days this week but getting signed off and one more week to go in April. I hate it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

On the subject of free range kids, some little ****er just whacked my daughter and her friend on the back of the legs with a big stick. When asked why he did it he said "cause I felt like it" and smiled, thats one free range kid with a problem. Anyway his stick is now in my bin. More then trivially annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

The cold. My poor hands are frozen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Last night this vulgar looking simpleton added me on facebook. I never accept people I don't know or like. So, I wrote her a mail. "Hi sorry I don't recognise you, sorry. How do we know each other?" Knowing full well she was only adding for the snoop. Pure attitude writing back "eh I don't know you".
    "That's no problem - was just wondering why you added me but if we don't know each other, obviously just a misunderstanding".

Good lord, so defensive. "Eh I tink Id no if I added ya". Okay then. She cancelled the request too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Do you not have immunity to that strain once you've had it?

Don't know, there are 5 or 7 out sick again with it this week in work, they all had it a few weeks ago too, some did take sick leave some didn't, but all are out this time, cough sniffle.:eek:

I've been reading about the speed limit in housing estates, and the comments with it, Now here's a wee spanner in the works, can speed limits be enforced in estates by Gardaí or courts in Privately managed estates?? I've heard they cant because as the title says, they're PRIVATELY MANAGED, true or not??? that'll T.A some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

selous wrote: »
    I've been reading about the speed limit in housing estates, and the comments with it, Now here's a wee spanner in the works, can speed limits be enforced in estates by Gardaí or courts in Privately managed estates?? I've heard they cant because as the title says, they're PRIVATELY MANAGED, true or not??? that'll T.A some people.

I've no idea really, but I'd imagine the law applies to every housing estate regardless of management. Tbh, I can't imagine that the speed limit in estates will be enforced anyway. Who is going to enforce it and how do you prove that a driver has exceeded the speed limit?

Im in an estate big green area, and a roundabout, asked the council for signs for dogs, speed, etc they told the resident who rang as we were a privately run estate and nothing to do with them, and majority of cars cut the roundabout by going to the right not around it, so that's just an accident or deliberate (as they're not doing it accidently) waiting to happen.

• Advertisement

Far be it for me to say something nice about kids but in our estate, the kids are so good. No idiot parents. The compo culture hasn't hit it yet anyway.

TA - sitting in front seat of the upstairs part of the bus it feels like we are going to crash into something or turn over but I'm still morbidly fascinated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When you queue for a few minutes in McDonalds/Burger King to get served and then the staff at the counter says the amount to pay and adds "when you're ready".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Zanablue wrote: »
    On the subject of free range kids, some little ****er just whacked my daughter and her friend on the back of the legs with a big stick. When asked why he did it he said "cause I felt like it" and smiled, thats one free range kid with a problem. Anyway his stick is now in my bin. More then trivially annoyed.

I would've put him in the bin.
    I hate that bratty "I can get away with it because you're not either of my parents" followed by a smile.
    No more smiling for you when you're stuck in the bin with doggy poopers and leftover pancake mix and the lid closed.

My bf hasn't called to say he's on the way yet. Why does he not understand how important it is for me to know????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

I would've put him in the bin.
    I hate that bratty "I can get away with it because you're not either of my parents" followed by a smile.
    No more smiling for you when you're stuck in the bin with doggy poopers and leftover pancake mix and the lid closed.

Believe me I wanted to throw him in the bin, if you only saw her little legs after it. The mother said are you sure he did that, he is such a good boy. Well her good boy is going to hurt someone very badly one day if she doesn't sort him. So annoyed.

The mother needs a good slap of the parenting stick? Seriously - what a little knacker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The mother needs a good slap of the parenting stick? Seriously - what a little knacker.

I dont think she would recognise what a parenting stick is.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Wally's walking around with ashes on their foreheads all day. OK you've been to mass! good for you! but clean your bloody head after you leave the church because you look fu©king stupid!

I think most of them don't bother cleaning it of because they want everyone to see they've went to mass and everyone to think how wonderful they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Wally's walking around with ashes on their foreheads all day. OK you've been to mass! good for you! but clean your bloody head after you leave the church because you look fu©king stupid!

I think most of them don't bother cleaning it of because they want everyone to see they've went to mass and everyone to think how wonderful they are.

I think you not supposed to wash it off until nightfall....so we was told in school

I think you not supposed to wash it off until nightfall....so we was told in school

Far be it for me to correct you Tom, and i hate to do it, but you were told wrong! You are free to wash the ashes off after mass on ash wednesday but many chose to leave them on until bed time.
    The mad yokes!

Far be it for me to correct you Tom, and i hate to do it, but you were told wrong! You are free to wash the ashes off after mass on ash wednesday but many chose to leave them on until bed time.
    The mad yokes!

who would want to leave bits of burnt stick voluntarily on there face:confused::confused:

so I was taught wrong in school.....as tick as I was...one of few things I learned was wrong:(

• Advertisement

who would want to leave bits of burnt stick voluntarily on there face:confused::confused:

so I was taught wrong in school.....as tick as I was...one of few things I learned was wrong:(

Dont be hard on yourself. Sure didnt they teach you great punctuation and grammar skills?

Oh wait....

Dont be hard on yourself. Sure didnt they teach you great punctuation and grammar skills?

Oh wait....

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

agh no...I wasn't great to turn up to class tbf....who wants to read peotry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Getting little crumbs of chocolate on the bed and they look like poop stains. Little tasty poop stains.

Getting little crumbs of chocolate on the bed and they look like poop stains. Little tasty poop stains.

But eating chocolate in bed is one of lifes little private pleasures. Hope you enjoyed it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Deer hunters giving out about Clare Daly because she is bringing a motion to ban the use of dogs when out shooting. I can see why her argument doesn't make sense but these guys are talking about "acting humanely" and thinking about the deer's interest. Um here's a thought. Why don't you leave the f.ucking deer alone and don't shoot them in the first place, ye f.ucking blood thirsty freaks of nature. Humanely my hole.

Has to be done and done right, ONW:

http://www.irishdeersociety.ie/deer-managment.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Zanablue wrote: »
    I have to say I love that saying "Free range children"

That's a Mommy B saying. She's got great sayings

Porcelain dolls. Hate them. Creepy looking yokes. LMIIs mom has a rake of them, we are staying there tonight, walk into his old room - rake of those creepy evil vulgar looking bags of ****e staring back at us. They're all lined up along the corridor now. Seriously baffles me why anyone would have those in the same house

My best friend is getting married tomorrow and I'm a bridesmaid. I've got two massive spots on my face! Typical!

Morning Titties. Mommy Bubbles had a collection of porcelain dolls for a while but we persuaded her overtime to get rid of them. Those cold doll eyes gauping at ya. Yuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Morning Titties. Mommy Bubbles had a collection of porcelain dolls for a while but we persuaded her overtime to get rid of them. Those cold doll eyes gauping at ya. Yuck.

I always hated the "baby born" dolls some of my cousins had back in the 80s. Creepy yokes.

• Advertisement

Swear to god youd half expect them a convey of them coming into your room at 3am to slit your throat from ear to ear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When your going through the fast track security at Dublin Airport (Don't hate the player, hate the game),
    and because it's quiet, the guy lets about 20 'normal people' go into the fast track line just before you get there!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Them dolls....an ex used to have them. Making eye contact with them while being 'on the job' and not being able to break eye contact. Still scarred from that.

Those dolls have souls. Their owners are soulless.
    Creepy things.

Trigger Mommy Bubbles is awesome she just a had a momentary lapse. They are still creepy as fook

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Trigger Mommy Bubbles is awesome she just a had a momentary lapse. They are still creepy as fook

I am glad to hear it too. Would not want to put you on my 'ignore' list due to your association with a ceramic doll lover. :)

Trigger can't argue with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

KatW4 wrote: »
    My best friend is getting married tomorrow and I'm a bridesmaid. I've got two massive spots on my face! Typical!

Would it be a bad idea to put concealer on them just until after the wedding? I used hate getting them and it was always, always at the worst times, it's like your body knows you have something important coming up and it just wants to fcuk with you :(

I don't get 'em any more though, blackheads are another story, fcuking persistent little bastards, I'm nearly 40 ffs with the hormones of a teenager! :mad:

Kat if you're getting your make up done for the wedding don't panic the make up artist will hide them.
    if not have a look at youtube for a tutorial on how to hide them

• Advertisement

What sort of spot is it? Like one that's yellow? Pop a TINY amount of hand sanitizer JUST where the spot is. If it's a small red one leave it alone you'll cover that tomorrow

Evil b.itch on the luas this morning with a fur coat. Eugh. How many innocent animals were anally electrocuted and skinned while still conscious so that she can look like a c*nt?

The moron sitting in front of me wiping fluff off his trousers - hello it's going to land on me!

Facebook statuses asking people/telling people what they are giving up for lent.

The automatic died. Now I have to spend the weekend learning how to work a manual. F.uck. I've only been driving for three years. How embarrassing to have to stick up the L plates and get instructions from Daddy at 31 years of age. :(

When you wear your watch high up because it's a little loose, but then you can't pull your sleeve over it so one sleeve is higher than the other.

Texting an ex co-worker to meet for lunch and he replies that he can't (that part is ok) because he...has to "go to a strategic management meeting" - he's not a wet f.cuking weekend in the place and he thinks he's king of the corporate world with his f.ucking strategy meeting (which we all know just involves dozing while someone reads out slides of meaningless business lingo and then eating pastries after)

When a menu offers "codling" instead of cod. Now I have to dine elsewhere since I don't want to eat a baby :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Bunch of women across the aisle from me at work yapping loudly about what one of them is going to be wearing for their child's confirmation. Every item and accessory described in excruciating detail.

You'd swear they were in a cafe sipping cappucinos rather than in an office.

Headphones in, Elbow album on.

Yes! Remember when we were school kids and we'd all be marched over the the paedo cave I mean church to get our faces blackened and we thought it was cool? It was ok to think it was cool because we were kids. Clearly some people never grew up. They just look like dipsticks. No problem with people who are actually devout having it done of course, but any of the idiots I've seen wearing shít on their craniums are those who I know for a fact use contraception, don't go to mass, eat meat on Friday, hate their neighbours, probably covet their neighbours wives etc. Just....attention seeking hypocrites. I'm also TA that this annoys me so much and I can't figure out why. Maybe it's because these people are so sanctimonious and they think we think they are cool... I actually confronted someone about it yesterday. I siad, "what the hell are you doing with that smut on your face, sure you've the moral compass of an alley cat?" and she didn't know what to say :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    Has to be done and done right, ONW:

http://www.irishdeersociety.ie/deer-managment.html

The f.cukers up my way are not interested in management. They are bloodthirst f.cukers who flout the law. Now, one of the morons in question has no license (I tracked him using his reg) and has also erected an illegal structure in a Coilte managed forest. I am keeping a record of all his "takings" and outings and I swear on all that's good and holy when the time is right I'll f.uck him from a height. I'll make sure he never comes my way again.

KatW4 wrote: »

My best friend got married last year and I wan't invited.

• Advertisement

My best friend got married last year and I wan't invited.

Huh? What was that about? I presume he/she is now an ex-best friend?

When my best friend got married, I had to go lie down in the bridal suite to sober up. I'm the classy friend.

Huh? What was that about? I presume he/she is now an ex-best friend?

I'm not sure why. We never had it out. I just texted her when I found out and told her I was really disappointed. That was the last communication we had. Only explanation I can think of is that she is a tight fisted c*nt and I suspect her parents offered to give her money for the weeding and she then saw everyone who was invited as a forty quid (or whatever the cost per head) dent in her lump sum. Initially she didn't want anyone except her parents and his, then I think she got pushed into inviting family by her mother, but clearly her best friend of twenty five years (and the godmother to her son) was not worth forty quid. She's unbelievably mean. She wont buy her son a coat when he grows out of the one he has. She lives rent free in a granny flat that her parents spent their life savings building when she got herself knocked up by a sociopath, she took over their car and has never paid tax or insurance on it...the list goes on. Typing this, I am not surprised I was uninvited because money really is her God!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The f.cukers up my way are not interested in management. They are bloodthirst f.cukers who flout the law. Now, one of the morons in question has no license (I tracked him using his reg) and has also erected an illegal structure in a Coilte managed forest. I am keeping a record of all his "takings" and outings and I swear on all that's good and holy when the time is right I'll f.uck him from a height. I'll make sure he never comes my way again.

Good and rightly-so. There is no place for lawless nut-jobs in wildlife management. What happened the automatic, BTW?

Thanks everyone for the advice! I'll try that Lexie! We are having someone to do our makeup so hopefully she'll cover it.

ONW that's awful, I can't beleive how mean she was to you :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement