Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

jimgoose wrote: »
    I don't know about the DM, but I would rather spend twelve months hanging by my plumsack in a Viet Cong prisoner-of-war camp with Miley Cyrus on loop over the tannoy than go to Tesco.

:pac: Jebus. Eh Tescos a bit inconvenient.

wtf happened to you jim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I love tesco, wandering around looking at the toys, the photo frames, smelling candles, smelling washing up liquid, lenor, shower gels, floor cleaners. Be high as a kite before getting to the cashier

Mmm. Yeah, maybe it's just the particular one local here that sets my teeth on edge. I do hate it, though - the layout, the warehouse-like feel of it, the stroppy, disinterested staff, the fact that it's always very busy with seemingly wall-to-wall headcases - no. Just... no!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Mmm. Yeah, maybe it's just the particular one local here that sets my teeth on edge. I do hate it, though - the layout, the warehouse-like feel of it, the stroppy, disinterested staff, the fact that it's always very busy with seemingly wall-to-wall headcases - no. Just... no!! :)

disinterested staff are the best....wont come over annoying you trying to help....you want to try going to a 24 hour Tesco at like 1 in the morning...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

disinterested staff are the best....wont come over annoying you trying to help....you want to try going to a 24 hour Tesco at like 1 in the morning...

Go there in the car the odd time around 1 or 2am when I get a bonk on for some chocolate.

nothing better. lifesavers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Feeling strange all evening, random weird sensations that I can't even explain. I can't tell the difference between if I'm going to have a seizure or if it's just a cold. It still freaks LMII out, he still panics when it happens. And I have two more days left for this week. Cannot afford to be sick or him making me go to the hospital if it does happen. Stupid ****ing thing, ruining my life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Feeling strange all evening, random weird sensations that I can't even explain. I can't tell the difference between if I'm going to have a seizure or if it's just a cold. It still freaks LMII out, he still panics when it happens. And I have two more days left for this week. Cannot afford to be sick or him making me go to the hospital if it does happen. Stupid ****ing thing, ruining my life

Hope you feel better. Maybe you've just been sniffing too many things in Tesco :p. You could be the reason I keep finding that stuff I've brought home from Tesco has been opened.

Tonight's TA : karaoke across the road. Oh dear God, who let the banshees out? I could be just TA'd because I'll never have the balls to get up and sing karaoke myself and I'm a teensy bit jealous :p .

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

There's an outdoor clothing place in Foxes Bow. Might be worth a look.

I got my sketchers ones on sportsdirect.ie, prices are good and if she's a small size she can shop in the kids :)

There was a code IRE20 for 20% off but not sure if it's still working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Idiots posting on fashion bloggers pages with responses to a photo of shoes with lines like 'the shoes though'. Is that even a proper sentence/statement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm on a day off work and although I have a few things to do, a lie in for a couple of hours could be accommodated. I was WIDE awake at 7 o'clock grrrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Morning Titties. TA annoyed I woke up snotting and sneezing all over the place. Stupid winter

• Advertisement

TA that I (my father) spent a fortune on a pair of glasses that I have to take off before I can see anything. Wtf? They spend most of the time perched on top of my head because I can't see **** with or without them. The hassle of going getting a new pair that I'll have to pay for myself :(

Lexie can you get the lense prescription changed but keep the frames ? That reduces the cost

I have these ones two years though. I'll show you the frames I want
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/dc/fe/1c/dcfe1ca94199d1bf91945665b0e3e6e1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that I need to spend the weekend at my mothers house down the counry.
    She is as crazy as a bag of frogs.
    The house will be freezing.
    I am allergic to her dog.
    The 4 year old will kick up hell.
    If you read about some handsome devil getting arrested for Matricide then that will be me.

Lexie gorgeous. I love a cats eye frame. have seen divalicious jewlry ? She makes blingtastic glasses

Trigger Buy a furry onesie they are great for the cold.
    Buy a rake of booze for yourself and your partner.
    Can you still get doze All ?

Re your new name TPFNATH The poster formerly know as Trigger Happy

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Lexie gorgeous. I love a cats eye frame. have seen divalicious jewlry ? She makes blingtastic glasses

Trigger Buy a furry onesie they are great for the cold.
    Buy a rake of booze for yourself and your partner.
    Can you still get doze All ?

Re your new name TPFNATH The poster formerly know as Trigger Happy

I am liking your thinking Ms B. But not the Onesie, not that.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

All day I've been getting splashed with stuff that reminds me of sperm. I had oats for breakfast and lunch and both times I spilled the excess liquid on myself. Then during a facial, I tore open a mask and the contents of it shot right out at me, landed on me the bed and the floor. Corrupting my innocence

Has anybody made the sowing oats joke yet?

Trigger too comfortable in his dresses, wouldn't be ready for the confinement of a onesie.

I'm sitting next to a rake of brats on the train. Kill me now. Good lord. Can't cope.

It's Friday. I feel like sausage rolls and Neil Diamond. I'm a freak...

• Advertisement

TH thermal undies and fluffy socks instead of a onesie. If Mammy TH likes a drink get her a bottle of her favourite tipple too
    ONW Neil Diamond is awesome. Sausage rolls are a friday must

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Not even 8 o clock, and the little one has locked my phone while I left her looking at a YouTube clip, so I could go to the toilet on my own for once. I look everywhere for my SIM pack to find I have thrown out the bit that has my PUK code on it. Remembered then I could log into MyMeteor on the teenagers phone. But of course her phone is dead. Why is it that phones take so long to turn on, especially when they are fully dead and on charge. You wouldn't want to be dying :(. It's going to be a long day ...,

Poor Cat :(

Poor Cat :(

And I want sausage roils now too:) !

73cat - at least the day cant get worse, can it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

My wife conducted a physics experiment last night:

Does repeatedly ringing a phone in a moving vehicle alter the velocity at which the vehicle is moving towards you? Can it warp space-time in such a way as to reduce the distance between where the vehicle is and where you want it to be?

Interestingly, it seems that constantly ringing the phone of somebody who you know is late but on the way can affect how quickly they get there. It just has the opposite effect to the one intended. Quantum mechanics is weird like that.

• Advertisement

73cat - at least the day cant get worse, can it?

I wouldn't be willing to bet on that :) !

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My wife conducted a physics experiment last night:

Does repeatedly ringing a phone in a moving vehicle alter the velocity at which the vehicle is moving towards you? Can it warp space-time in such a way as to reduce the distance between where the vehicle is an where you want it to be?

Interestingly, it seems that constantly ring the phone of somebody who you know is late but on the way can affect how quickly they get there. It just has the opposite effect to the one intended. Quantum mechanics is weird like that.

My missus has a strange phone/location sixth sense. Every time she calls me while I'm driving home from work, I am always in the exact same location.
    "Where are you?"
    "The same fooking place I am every time you call me, every time."

I'm baffled as to how she does it.

Grown men and women wearing those RSA high visibility vests in broad daylight.

The old dear next door has taken to feeding the local pigeons. Thats all grand but my garden now looks like a painters radio.

People who name their kids and make their kids sound like insufferable pricks

"Cuan" are you ****ing kidding me

• Advertisement

I hate these new "alternative" names. What's wrong with good strong names like Mary and Peter? :(

There is a new kid in my sons class called 'Feedoa'.
    How my and my son, Rocky, laughed at that one!

There is a new kid in my sons class called 'Feedoa'.
    How my and my son, Rocky, laughed at that one!

Bet they're all on dairy feee, gluten free paleo diets and attend interpretive mime classes on a saturday morning and drink mini soy babycinos when they go to Starbucks with mommy....

Cuan, seriously. Replace the a with a T, and you have an anagram of his mother

ONW you left out the organic veg and the baby massage and junior yoga ;)

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Bet they're all on dairy feee, gluten free paleo diets and attend interpretive mime classes on a saturday morning and drink mini soy babycinos when they go to Starbucks with mommy....

:mad: :mad: unless someone is a REAL coeliac this pisses me off like nobodies business. Shutting the **** up is gluten free too, why don't they try that?

It's Friday. I feel like sausage rolls and Neil Diamond. I'm a freak...

"Are you going to eat all ten of those things??" "I am!", I said! :D

"Are you going to eat all ten of those things??" "I am!", I said! :D

Forever in fat jeans babe :)

I encountered an "Olan" at a bank there the other week. You have no idea how difficult it was not to thunder, in a Brian Blessed voice, "Greetings, O-lan, king of the Hawk-Men!!" :pac:

Cuan, seriously. Replace the a with a T, and you have an anagram of his mother

How's she Cutn? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm wondering where I can get a large portion of sausage rolls and some BBQ sauce now.

ONW you left out the organic veg and the baby massage and junior yoga ;)

Aw shít. I'm not spending enough time on Facebook reading my cousins tripe about their offsprings poop and sign language! :)

How do people live in such ignorance? LMII for example takes no notice of anything like that, we get stuck in traffic outside that school, he is calm. I text him to tell him someone named their spawn cuan he's like "oh right that's unusual isn't it?"

It's so ****ing annoying. I'm not texting him for his opinion on names. The least he could be is as horrified as I was but you know what, when I bring this up again with him tonight he won't even remember I mentioned it earlier it's so insignificant to him

Not a TA....but I wish I could think stuff like this up.

http://images.viralnova.com/000/117/788/desktop-1424116548.jpg

How do people live in such ignorance? LMII for example takes no notice of anything like that, we get stuck in traffic outside that school, he is calm. I text him to tell him someone named their spawn cuan he's like "oh right that's unusual isn't it?"

It's so ****ing annoying. I'm not texting him for his opinion on names. The least he could be is as horrified as I was but you know what, when I bring this up again with him tonight he won't even remember I mentioned it earlier it's so insignificant to him

I would be the same to be honest...the eyes glaze over at a lot of the stuff the long suffering Mrs Happy tell me.
    Different things are important to different people. Different things annoy the hell out of different people.

(You owe me €5 for that bit of pre-marriage advice).

In the immortal words of one Ross O'Carroll-Kelly: when you're as rich as we are you can believe all kinds of stupid things. :D

I get annoyed by certain mothers who think that being a mother is equalivent to sainthood.
    I don't have kids and won't ever have kids but I'm ok with that until I meet one of these annoying women who don't me or my circumstances and tell me that I'm less of a woman because I don't have kids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Me two hands are black after putting stuff in the boot of the car - I suppose this means it needs a wash and I suppose the clean bit on the door sill means it's on my jeans.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I get annoyed by certain mothers who think that being a mother is equalivent to sainthood.
    I don't have kids and won't ever have kids but I'm ok with that until I meet one of these annoying women who don't me or my circumstances and tell me that I'm less of a woman because I don't have kids

What exactly do they say?!

As a young mother myself, the "wait til you have kids" annoys the hell out of me, i usually let them ramble for a while, digging even further, before I tell them I am a mother

• Advertisement

Now, I know I am not Susan Boyles number one fan. It's nothing personal to her, but I just don't think she is as good as people make out she is. That said, she is talented and watching her audition video, there is something immensely annoying and that is the stuck up teenage cunnox at 1:20 who makes a face when Susan says she is trying to be a professional singer. She more or less sneers and you can see her thinking "as if fat girl!". Typical of so many sheeple teenage girls who are so terrified to be anything except clones of each other and who are so quick to judge others who they perceive as being in any way different. I hope life has slapped her in the sanctimonious gob since that audition. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OcQ9A-5noM

...and the inbed looking teethed f.ucker at 1:32

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement