Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I use christmas as a way of justifying eating cheesecake at 11am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

There are more people coughing than not these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Maybe you should do an exorcism on the LUAS, for all the snotty coughers. You know, dress up in priests robes, and ram a crucifix at their foreheads, and sprinkle TCP on them.

"Begone foul beast, the power of Cripes compels you" and eject them off the tram, sending them to the place from whence they came.....as long as it is on the LUAS line:D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Maybe you should do an exorcism on the LUAS, for all the snotty coughers. You know, dress up in priests robes, and ram a crucifix at their foreheads, and sprinkle TCP on them.

"Begone foul beast, the power of Cripes compels you" and eject them off the tram, sending them to the place from whence they came.....as long as it is on the LUAS line:D

:D

This woman actually belched in my face a while ago. She thought it was ok though, because she followed up with "oh excuse me!" :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

:D

This woman actually belched in my face a while ago. She thought it was ok though, because she followed up with "oh excuse me!" :(

She only said 'oh excuse me' when she saw you didn't thank her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I also got drunk at Christmas when I was a teenager and performed lewd acts using parts of the turkey (especially the neck) to a cringing family audience...

They don't trust me anymore!!!

Ahh, sure there's always one relative that does something stupid on the booze on Christmas day. In our family it's my brother, he's not allowed to drink whisky anymore. On the plus side, Mr Pumpkinseeds and I get to have Christmas without going anywhere or involving anyone else this year. My Dad had a serious of strokes over the years and while he's mostly OK it has left him with some odd cranky habits. Like when everyone is sitting around chatting and drinking in the living room on Christmas night he starts getting all arsey and turning the volume up really loud on the TV so that you can't hear yourself think.

It annoys the bejaysus out of my mum and wrecks Christmas as she ends up arguing with him after we've gone, so we said we'll call over to them on Stephen's day afternoon for a few drinks and I'll drop their presents over on Christmas eve morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I sneezed on the bus this morning and immediately thought of this thread. I probably disgusted at least ten people before 9 am. Germy germy.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

"Oh this year, we are not sending cards, we are giving a donation to the homeless"

Send a card AND give a donation to the homeless, you miserable pr1cks.

Sound like a bunch of pretentious pricks.

There as bad as people who give you the gift of charity bullcrap. We'll give money to a charity then give you a card saying you've done it to give a sense of moral smugness. I'd prefer nothing than recieve one of those 'gifts'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

"Oh this year, we are not sending cards, we are giving a donation to the homeless"

Send a card AND give a donation to the homeless, you miserable pr1cks.

You can be guaranteed the donation to the homeless will be less than the cost of burying and posting the cards , the worst are companies who send you a group email telling you this , just go away and shag your accountants you love them so much !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Buses. I've got a 4 hour round trip to an outpatient appointment in Galway on Thursday, then Friday is 4 buses to get to and from an outpatient appointment in Limerick. It's actually the Limerick one that's bugging me the most. The bus was like a zoo from the Crescent shopping centre stop this time last year. Alkies, drug addicts and some of the lowest forms of life known to mankind, all squeezed into a space too small to accomodate the amount of people the driver allowed on.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

People who say "Hint, Hint" at you just in case you didn't get what was already an unsubtly worded hint.

As a result of me taking the hint, this person has managed to wangle themselves an invite to my house after Christmas.
    Fair enough. I go to their place often enough.

The only thing is, I am going to have to impose house rules.

- No criticising me for belching on a beer session.
    - No criticising my tactics when playing games. It's a FPS game, not an actual war.
    - No correcting what you perceive to be my misusing of words. I have two MAs. You don't. :P
    - No losing your temper and going into a strop when you don't get your own way.

I'm trivially annoyed by the fact that I can't have one viber account running concurrently on two phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Grr I hate impatient people at the self service area in the supermarket. People who stand right beside me, staring holes in my head as I pack up my shopping. I'm not slow at it but when I encounter an impatient eejit, staring and tutting because I'm not going at warp speed, I will go slooooooooowly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Buses. I've got a 4 hour round trip to an outpatient appointment in Galway on Thursday, then Friday is 4 buses to get to and from an outpatient appointment in Limerick. It's actually the Limerick one that's bugging me the most. The bus was like a zoo from the Crescent shopping centre stop this time last year. Alkies, drug addicts and some of the lowest forms of life known to mankind, all squeezed into a space too small to accomodate the amount of people the driver allowed on.:mad:

I had to stay in Limerick hospital in March. A+E was like beruit, with this strange looking creature with two walking sticks, tracksuits with shoes and a paddy cap, stood the entire time leaning against the radiator staring at me getting bloods taken and vomitting. I'm not sure what was so interesting but he seemed pretty engrossed. I was moved to an overspill ward where the lady next to me announced to the entire ward how her daughter was going mad on the physc ward in the same hospital, and there was a lady really ill with aids. There was no showers as it wasn't a proper ward. Then when I finally got moved to the proper ward, there was a young wan roaring for methadone one side of me and a recovering alcoholic across from me. And I was so far from civilisation, with no visitors. I hate Limerick ever since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

I had to stay in Limerick hospital in March. A+E was like beruit, with this strange looking creature with two walking sticks, tracksuits with shoes and a paddy cap, stood the entire time leaning against the radiator staring at me getting bloods taken and vomitting. I'm not sure what was so interesting but he seemed pretty engrossed. I was moved to an overspill ward where the lady next to me announced to the entire ward how her daughter was going mad on the physc ward in the same hospital, and there was a lady really ill with aids. There was no showers as it wasn't a proper ward. Then when I finally got moved to the proper ward, there was a young wan roaring for methadone one side of me and a recovering alcoholic across from me. And I was so far from civilisation, with no visitors. I hate Limerick ever since

Limerick doctors only know about stab wounds and gunshots anyway. Even getting the bus in Limerick City can be like taking your life into your own hands sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

People who say "Hint, Hint" at you just in case you didn't get what was already an unsubtly worded hint.

Even worse are the ones who go "hint , hint" to said already unsubtly worded hint and add in a couple of elbow rib digs as well! ' OK ! I GOT THE GODDAM HINT !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

JAYSUS, don't go near Penney's pyjama section! I accidentally ventured in and am surprised I managed to escape. Every howya under the sun was in there getting their 'Xmas Jammies'

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Oops69 wrote: »

Even worse are the ones who go "hint , hint" to said already unsubtly worded hint and add in a couple of elbow rib digs as well! ' OK ! I GOT THE GODDAM HINT !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ona-RhLfRfc

danrua01 wrote: »

It was not even nearly as funny as Eric Idle in reality though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

People who stink of the food they ate the night before. Garlic is the worst. Yak. Are we not disgusting enough creatures without having to ooze garlic from our pores.

Or people whose clothes stink of food. They've obviously cooked their dinner while wearing them and instead of discarding it to the wash basket they've put it on again the next day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm trivially annoyed by the fact that I can't have one viber account running concurrently on two phones.

I'm ever so slightly annoyed that I have no idea what viber is :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

I'm ever so slightly annoyed that I have no idea what viber is :)

It always sounds like the first syllable of how an older person would pronounce a popular sex toy:
    "Viber-rator"!

And I don't know what it is either. I'm still getting my head around Facebook. :o

I sneezed on the bus this morning and immediately thought of this thread. I probably disgusted at least ten people before 9 am. Germy germy.

My work here is done :D

Vel wrote: »
    Or people whose clothes stink of food. They've obviously cooked their dinner while wearing them and instead of discarding it to the wash basket they've put it on again the next day

This and stale smoke on people's clothing should be punishable by several slaps to the head.

JAYSUS, don't go near Penney's pyjama section! I accidentally ventured in and am surprised I managed to escape. Every howya under the sun was in there getting their 'Xmas Jammies'

whey they wearing their usual ones at the time or were they fully dressed?

You can be guaranteed the donation to the homeless will be less than the cost of burying and posting the cards , the worst are companies who send you a group email telling you this , just go away and shag your accountants you love them so much !

:pac:

As a result of me taking the hint, this person has managed to wangle themselves an invite to my house after Christmas.
    Fair enough. I go to their place often enough.

The only thing is, I am going to have to impose house rules.

- No criticising me for belching on a beer session.
    - No criticising my tactics when playing games. It's a FPS game, not an actual war.
    - No correcting what you perceive to be my misusing of words. I have two MAs. You don't. :P
    - No losing your temper and going into a strop when you don't get your own way.

For the best part of a minute, I thought you were the product of a lesbian union.

There'll be a run on the hot chocolate next :o

For the best part of a minute, I thought you were the product of a lesbian union.

Lesbian Union? Like SIP (from the furry cup) TU? :pac:

Nope, a mere Magisterii in Artibus I'm afraid. Nowhere near as exotic.

• Advertisement

Jake1 wrote: »
    whey they wearing their usual ones at the time or were they fully dressed?

The main question they ask the sales assistants are 'Aww lve r dis things fake tan resistant? Bleedin wrecked me last ones'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Grr I hate impatient people at the self service area in the supermarket. People who stand right beside me, staring holes in my head as I pack up my shopping. I'm not slow at it but when I encounter an impatient eejit, staring and tutting because I'm not going at warp speed, I will go slooooooooowly.

I was queuing in the shop in Hueston Station on Sunday. I paid for my stuff and bent down to put it into my suitcase, the guy behind me was standing so close to me that I may as well have been twerking (if I knew how to do that) against his man parts like the young "women" do in music videos. I turned around and said "Do you want to back up a bit there, this isn't a club?" and he just started laughing. Eh no laughing matter buddy, I could practically tell whether he had boxers or briefs on.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

I was queuing in the shop in Hueston Station on Sunday. I paid for my stuff and bent down to put it into my suitcase, the guy behind me was standing so close to me that I may as well have been twerking (if I knew how to do that) against his man parts like the young "women" do in music videos. I turned around and said "Do you want to back up a bit there, this isn't a club?" and he just started laughing. Eh no laughing matter buddy, I could practically tell whether he had boxers or briefs on.

Well, which was it?

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Limerick doctors only know about stab wounds and gunshots anyway. Even getting the bus in Limerick City can be like taking your life into your own hands sometimes.

It must be terrible to stabbed/shot and outside of Limerick, the doctors in other hospitals would not have clue what to do with you, right?. As far as getting a bus in Limerick, no more safe/dangerous than a lot of places.

danrua01 wrote: »
    Well, which was it?

Bayliss and Hardon:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Lesbian Union? Like SIP (from the furry cup) TU? :pac:

Nope, a mere Magisterii in Artibus I'm afraid. Nowhere near as exotic.

Aye, Master of Arts, like. If you bate out all the other aspiring Masters that'd make you a Master Bater as well. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Once it wasn't a hard on you'll be alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

It must be terrible to stabbed/shot and outside of Limerick, the doctors in other hospitals would not have clue what to do with you, right?. As far as getting a bus in Limerick, no more safe/dangerous than a lot of places.

Hmm. The head Trauma fella in A&E in Dooradoyle does look suspiciously like Alan Alda, mind. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

When people just can't take a joke.

Bayliss and Hardon:D

He had a glitter hard on :P

I robbed this one from the jokes thread today.

A guy goes to the doctor, and the doc says "I am afraid you really have stop masturbating!"
    The guy says "why?"

Doc replies "So I can examine you"

• Advertisement

He had a glitter hard on :P

I tried to visualise that in y mid, thanks a lot :D:D

Let me guess, a certain 70's glam rock band, skin tight satin trousers....:D

Mmm purple and sparkly!

Irish people's woeful dress sense. You don't need lots of money to spend on designer tat to look good. You just need some common sense and a bit of style. Some of the absolute get ups of people beggars belief. The obsession with tracksuits when not actually using them for their intended purpose. Then there is the anorack. The miserable, plastic, dreary f.ucking anorak. Fleeces. Uggs (sorry but sheep skin boots that sink down on one side of the heel?). Our overuse of tan and peroxide. I'm actually tired of people telling me to use tan. I like being pale. It suits me. That's why it's called "natural". Ok if you have those reddish tones you might bronze up a bit but when you are blue based pale you just don't bother with that shít. I've about 5 dresses that I keep just for work. None of them were particularly expensive but they are good quality, stylish and look nice and they didn't cost the sun moon and stars. It's not difficult to look half decent!

Mmm purple and sparkly!

An electrocuted Barney?

An electrocuted Barney?

heheheeeeeeeeee :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

An electrocuted Barney?

We can but hope ....

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    We can but hope ....

An electrocuted Barney waving a glitter hard on, most likely wearing flight socks and carrying a Nolans bag, as he coughs and splutters his way onto the luas with a giant bag on his back that he swings around hitting people on the head with :D

Let me guess, a certain 70's glam rock band, skin tight satin trousers....:D

YES!!! exactly, i was picturing Bjorn and Bennie from Abba :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gurl88

Christmas cards with glitter on them

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement