Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    ...there is something immensely annoying and that is the stuck up teenage cunnox at 1:20 who makes a face when Susan says she is trying to be a professional singer...

I wonder who died and made that chungwan the Mona Lisa? She has a nose like a racing yacht's rudder - it also looks like it's been broken at some stage - her teeth are like Stonehenge, she has a hideous overbite that makes her look like she's "simple" and it could just be the lighting but I think she's cross-eyed. Being a teenager she also probably smells funny and uses peculiar, baby-words like "OMG!!" :D

I'm good at this. Dr. James Goose, Analrapist, is open for fcukan business, bah!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Also, I don't know what's wrong with me but I remember watching this as it happened and being a bit "meh" about it but now when I watch it I feel angry at the world and society for judging people like her :( I'm sick, sick in the head :P

Also, I don't know what's wrong with me but I remember watching this as it happened and being a bit "meh" about it but now when I watch it I feel angry at the world and society for judging people like her :( I'm sick, sick in the head :P

You're just getting a little older and wiser. For example, I don't rip into funny-looking idjit teenagers because as an officer and gentleman It would be most unbecoming of me to duel an unarmed, helpless opponent. Similar goes for that fat-headed buck-toothed goober at 1:32 above with a puss on her like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle. You're welcome. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Now, I know I am not Susan Boyles number one fan. It's nothing personal to her, but I just don't think she is as good as people make out she is. That said, she is talented and watching her audition video, there is something immensely annoying and that is the stuck up teenage cunnox at 1:20 who makes a face when Susan says she is trying to be a professional singer. She more or less sneers and you can see her thinking "as if fat girl!". Typical of so many sheeple teenage girls who are so terrified to be anything except clones of each other and who are so quick to judge others who they perceive as being in any way different. I hope life has slapped her in the sanctimonious gob since that audition. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OcQ9A-5noM

...and the inbed looking teethed f.ucker at 1:32

I think it's more the fact she comes off like a batshìt crazy oul' one on a shìt 'talent' show that's perfectly edited and scripted to extract as much money as possible from it's audience, which are indeed mostly teenagers, and not crazy cat ladies from remote islands who later suffer a mental breakdown after being thrust into the spotlight, or dropped by their record company after 'winning' X factor (Sam whatshername, been dropped by Syco already).

I wouldn't worry too much about teenagers doing what teenagers do, as I would about the adults who think that these sort of shows give them a second chance to be a contender.

jimgoose wrote: »
    I wonder who died and made that chungwan the Mona Lisa? She has a nose like a racing yacht's rudder - it also looks like it's been broken at some stage - her teeth are like Stonehenge, she has a hideous overbite that makes her look like she's "simple" and it could just be the lighting but I think she's cross-eyed. Being a teenager she also probably smells funny and uses peculiar, baby-words like "OMG!!" :D

Teenager Jim, teenager...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"Are you going to eat all ten of those things??" "I am!", I said! :D

"Love on the rocks" - The tide was out:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Tasden wrote: »
    What exactly do they say?!

As a young mother myself, the "wait til you have kids" annoys the hell out of me, i usually let them ramble for a while, digging even further, before I tell them I am a mother

'Oh you'll change your mind one day' 'You never know unconditional love until have a baby' I was at a baby shower for a friend and I was helping to tidy up and mentioned I was house proud and was always cleaning,
    'Oh have a baby that will knock being house proud out of you '
    She was trying to be funny but I didn't see it that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

MsBubbles wrote: »
    'Oh you'll change your mind one day' 'You never know unconditional love until have a baby'

Tell them they're wrong you only get unconditional love from your dog

Seven Worlds will Collide

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    "Love on the rocks" - The tide was out:D

Snort :D

TA there are some threads here (and I dont know why I never learn no to follow them!) that are basically just mechanisms by which you can berate other posters. So for example, tell me about a certain type of person that you dont like? And you say something and then some passive aggressive cunnox will post beneath you (not brave enough to quote you mind) and say "I hate people who [insert whatever you just said]" -sorry are you 12?? :(

...Teenager Jim, teenager...

Yes, I know - so much sarcasm, satire and devastating insult... must.. not.. ignite.. lightsaber.. must.. remember.. helpless, unarmed opponent... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

'Oh you'll change your mind one day' 'You never know unconditional love until have a baby' I was at a baby shower for a friend and I was helping to tidy up and mentioned I was house proud and was always cleaning,

The rage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

OldNotWise, I hate that little b*tch. I don't even have to watch the video again, I can see the little cnut in my mind. B1tch faced little b1tchy b1tch!!

I'm TA'd by my sister today. I'm minding her kids like I do on every school holiday. For free, I might add. This morning she was late. She got my niece to ring with a five minute warning of their arrival as usual. Two minutes later my sister rang to say she was there. I unlocked the door and said "there in a second". I heard her mumble "fcuck sake" under her breath. I went out and met my nieces coming up the stairs. The landlord had just arrived to work downstairs and he had let them in. Before they were even in the door my sister rang to ask if I "got them ok". What the fcuck did she think was going to happen in those two FCUCKING seconds - that they'd be kidnapped or something?!! And of course she sent them without breakfast again!

I actually gave them their breakfast in the sitting room today. They're not allowed to eat in their own sitting room at home so I have the same rule here. I put their breakfast in front of the telly and actually went and hid in the kitchen. I had to catch my breath. Honestly, I was close to tears. So that was a great start to the day.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I would be the same to be honest...the eyes glaze over at a lot of the stuff the long suffering Mrs Happy tell me.
    Different things are important to different people. Different things annoy the hell out of different people.

(You owe me €5 for that bit of pre-marriage advice).

There is nothing more soul destroying than watching your OH's eyes glaze over as you impart a fascinating nugget of information to them :(. That nonchalant shrug as if to say "What the f**k are you on about. Again ".

Turning yourself into a sort of barnyard-animal for the exclusive benefit and use of children seems to be a "thing" these days, maybe like the new Benedictine Monk's flagellation routine. My own parents certainly never did that. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Turning yourself into a sort of barnyard-animal for the exclusive benefit and use of children seems to be a "thing" these days, maybe like the new Benedictine Monk's flagellation routine. My own parents certainly never did that. :pac:

"'Tis far from flagellation you were raised Jim" Errm, I hope! :D

Jim you're dead right.

73Cat wrote: »
    There is nothing more soul destroying than watching your OH's eyes glaze over as you impart a fascinating nugget of information to them :(. That nonchalant shrug as if to say "What the f**k are you on about. Again ".

"Of course I'm listening pet, I don't have to be looking directly at you with my mouth open. It's absolutely awful about your mother losing her leg, but I was looking at that 1965 Mustang over there!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

73Cat wrote: »

This. Or when they're pretending to listen.
    "Oh that's terrible honey". No it ****ing wasn't if you were listening youd know it was more maddening than terrible.

Or when you tell them something just to get it off your chest and they think they need to fix it. My oh and my brother hate each other. From a distance my oh will be like "I'll sort him out" and "leave it with me". But in reality, if it ever got that far, my brother would box him in the mouth so hard, he'd go deaf from the clattering of his teeth. I know this. The oh knows this.

So when I go home after another run in with my brother, all I want to do is rage/rant/cry and have him just LISTEN, rant with me, agree my brother is a complete ****head, rather than the other soft eejit making threats we both know he won't keep, trying to fix a situation that will NEVER be fixed.

Jim when I know my hubby isn't listening I usually say 'So then I painted my arse purple and ran buck naked down O'Connell Street' or 'Then the little green men beamed me aboard their spaceship'

Jim when I know my hubby isn't listening I usually say 'So then I painted my arse purple and ran buck naked down O'Connell Street' or 'Then the little green men beamed me aboard their spaceship'

<Goose maintains Thousand-Yard Stare, dreaming about cars> "Yeah, me too. Funny that!"

• Advertisement

...Or when you tell them something just to get it off your chest and they think they need to fix it...

Men are like that, that's the way our brains are wired and we can't help it. There's always that "fixer" thread running in the subconscious that assumes you wouldn't be telling us this kind of stuff unless you were looking for some kind of answer. There isn't much we can do about it! The next phase is usually something like "Well if it can't be fixed why keep banging on about it? Let's just work around it as best we can and go do something else, ideally something fun involving beer, custard and chainsaws!!" :D

There is a woman who works near me, that I pass most mornings in the car park. She is approx my own vintage or a couple of years younger, and quite a looker ( Sarah Palin with a bit of a brain) and over a while its gone from nod to "Good morning" to "Nice day" etc. This morning, I started to say "Morning, how are you" But that morphed in to sort of "Hoo Morn, warm today" and the to to cover up that sh1te I said, wait for this...."How did you get over Christmas" FFS

I am off to kick myself in the balls!!!

There is a woman who works near me, that I pass most mornings in the car park. She is approx my own vintage or a couple of years younger, and quite a looker ( Sarah Palin with a bit of a brain) and over a while its gone from nod to "Good morning" to "Nice day" etc. This morning, I started to say "Morning, how are you" But that morphed in to sort of "Hoo Morn, warm today" and the to to cover up that sh1te I said, wait for this...."How did you get over Christmas" FFS

C'mere bah, you're too old to be getting into knots like that over Chung(-ish)wans! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

TA there are some threads here (and I dont know why I never learn no to follow them!) that are basically just mechanisms by which you can berate other posters. So for example, tell me about a certain type of person that you dont like? And you say something and then some passive aggressive cunnox will post beneath you (not brave enough to quote you mind) and say "I hate people who [insert whatever you just said]" -sorry are you 12?? :(

That annoyed me! And he stalked your other posts and used those against you too. Get a life, twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Don't beat yourself up! (Nice) women really like a man who puts himself out there, too much confidence can be a real turn off...let her do the work next time see what she comes up with :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

It's mad, and the maddest forums are the ones you least expect. I once started a thread on homelessness in the humanities forum and was ran out of the place by what felt like a pack of hate-filled wolves! Bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Oh MsBubbles, that's absolutely horrible, I hope you put her in her place. I used to have a friend who would come and visit and say to her children "go on wreck the place its too clean" I would never treat anyone like that.

Usually bitches like that will find something to say. I had one ask me was I not going to have anymore and why? I told her I couldn't and was asked why whats wrong with you and then she proceeded to tell me about her brood of five.

When I had my boy I was told I would never know the love that other mothers have for their girls, I was disgusted! that particular girl is on her second boy and unfortunately she sees it as an embarrassment, none of us have been let see the child and if she answers texts she won't say anything about him.

There are lots of horrible mad people in the world who think they can say what they like to people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Haha! That reminds me of the time I went to say "Lovely, thank you" to the butcher and instead said a cheery "Love you". Beat a hasty retreat. Held it together till I got back to the car, then couldn't drive for the laughing:)

Zanablue in fairnes she apologised repeatedly when she realised she had offended me.
    She was genuinely embarrassed.

How rude. I usually just let it wash over me but I was psming that day and I burst into tears

• Advertisement

Zanablue wrote: »
    ...There are lots of horrible mad people in the world who think they can say what they like to people.

That's for damn sure. And most of them are deep undercover in the guise of severe God-fearing respectability. This greatly facilitates the madness, and the various products of it. :mad:

Zanablue in fairnes she apologised repeatedly when she realised she had offended me.
    She was genuinely embarrassed.

How rude. I usually just let it wash over me but I was psming that day and I burst into tears

I still think people should learn to think before they speak, it can cause a lot of hurt.

That's for damn sure. And most of them are deep undercover in the guise of severe God-fearing respectability. This greatly facilitates the madness, and the various products of it. :mad:

You hit the nail on the head there Jim. I couldn't say it better.

You hit the nail on the head there Jim. I couldn't say it better.

Words to live by. Also, never, ever, put your mickey in a crazy person. :D

Ahem, in my experience, they always go crazy when I do that:D

HaHa Ill never forget that one, so funny:)

• Advertisement

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    That annoyed me! And he stalked your other posts and used those against you too. Get a life, twat.

Really? I hadn't noticed that. Are we talking about the same thread? I always find it unsettling when people do that. I do love the last word, but I'd never care enough about it to go to someone's profile and read through their posts in other threads so I can have a go at them. It's a little creepy :( PS twat is a bad word remember? It means lady bits! :D:pac:

Ahem, in my experience, they always go crazy when I do that:D

Oh Gawd don't encourage him. He'll be running off holding his mickey in the wind again :P

Really? I hadn't noticed that. Are we talking about the same thread? I always find it unsettling when people do that. I do love the last word, but I'd never care enough about it to go to someone's profile and read through their posts in other threads so I can have a go at them. It's a little creepy :( PS twat is a bad word remember? It means lady bits! :D:pac:

Jeekers:eek: I learn something new every day, I didn't know twat was lady bits.

Me either until a few days ago when we had TTTAY sex ed :D Did you know your gooter gets grey too? And menopause is like PMT minus the fertility? :mad:

Me either until a few days ago when we had TTTAY sex ed :D Did you know your gooter gets grey too? And menopause is like PMT minus the fertility? :mad:

I read about the gooter, must have missed the lesson on twats:D

• Advertisement

Did you just say jeekers?:D

Did you just say jeekers?:D

I did, go on give me another lesson for today:o

I'm listening to that f.ucking song again. :eek:

I miss my parents. :(

(I'm seeing them this evening :rolleyes:)

Is it some kind of willful neurosis/misery?

I did, go on give me another lesson for today:o

Well, when a man and a woman love each other very much, they do a special hug and then he puts his jeekers inside.

Well, when a man and a woman love each other very much, they do a special hug and then he puts his jeekers inside.

Right I'll be saying Jesus in future:P

My coworkers think I'm insane.

It's ok I just got something in my eye.

Right I'll be saying Jesus in future:P

That's what they all say, when the jeekers are inside :P

Oh Gawd don't encourage him. He'll be running off holding his mickey in the wind again :P

"Boooorrn free, as free as the wind blows..." :pac:

That's what they all say, when the jeekers are inside :P

I think it's going to be one of those days where I really need to watch what I say:P.

So funny:D

"Boooorrn free, as free as the wind blows..." :pac:

Don't mention blowing ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement