Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

****ing sick of aul ones I'm RATTLING with temper, in 4 years of working in salons I've never had to actually ask a client to leave and not come back, much less one in her 70s. I hope she breaks her hip on her way home. CUN.T

And I never use that word

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

I don't suffer from motion sickness, not since I was a young fella. I've been in a smelly fishing trawler in a heavy swell with a hangover and I was grand, while most of the other there were puking over the side.
    TA: Last night I attended a local amateur drama play that was held in an old chapel, the wooden floor in the room where they served the tea / coffee had this barely noticeable bounce to it and all of a sudden I was feeling dizzy and almost nauseous - wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

****ing sick of aul ones I'm RATTLING with temper, in 4 years of working in salons I've never had to actually ask a client to leave and not come back, much less one in her 70s. I hope she breaks her hip on her way home. CUN.T

And I never use that word

Jaysis. What'd she do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

You will all share in the misery God damn it :P

Long story short. True story about a dog who waited for his owner every day at the train station for a decade after he died. Oh and then he died.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭bsloepro

when you're on the mobile phone to someone......you get cut-off for some reason............after you initially get re-connected cos you are trying to ring them while they are trying to ring you and you're both going through to voice mail..........then the following conversation ensues....."what happened there? did you do anything, i did nothing, jeesis i don't know what happened there.........." and five minutes later the investigation is still on-going....WHO GIVES A 4UCK...move on - we'll never get to the bottom of it

another one

the habit we seem to have for saying to someone - they'd never do something then asking them would they.......eg. girlfriend sees me going to kitchen "you'd never make me a cup of tea would you?" like WTF or volunteering your services.........say for example to pick someone up........."sure bsloepro will come and pick you up, he doesn't mind............do you?"

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    I don't suffer from motion sickness, not since I was a young fella. I've been in a smelly fishing trawler in a heavy swell with a hangover and I was grand, while most of the other there were puking over the side...

I'm the same. I love the sea, I'm the lunatic up on the prow in thirty-foot swells roaring "Yeah!! Full-ahead, ta fcuk, dirve 'er into the wave!!". It TAs me that I am simultaneously terrified of the sea, and cannot in fact swim. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    You will all share in the misery God damn it :P

Long story short. True story about a dog who waited for his owner every day at the train station for a decade after he died. Oh and then he died.

We actually have that to watch this weekend, is it really really sad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Are you ok Lexie ?
    TA at myself for being a hormonal mess. One minute I'm on the verve of tears the next I'm ready to murder someone :O

...Long story short. True story about a dog who waited for his owner every day at the train station for a decade after he died. Oh and then he died.

Executive Summary: What a load of maudlin, pointless, tear-jerking puke! :D

• Advertisement

Zanablue wrote: »
    We actually have that to watch this weekend, is it really really sad?

No it's not sad in a bad way. It's a beautiful movie :) It's sad in a way that makes you nostalgic and reminds us of how amazing dogs are. It's brilliant! :)

jimgoose wrote: »
    Executive Summary: What a load of maudlin, pointless, tear-jerking puke! :D

It's a true story. And it's not pointless :mad: Raaaaaar :pac: I actually want to go to Tokyo and see the statue :)

They've changed the statue now so he's reunited with his owner forever

Sob

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

No it's not sad in a bad way. It's a beautiful movie :) It's sad in a way that makes you nostalgic and reminds us of how amazing dogs are. It's brilliant! :)

You need to watch "Greyfriars Bobby", an oldie, but would get tears out of a sock:D

Oh no sorry it's a second one being put up

• Advertisement

I'm ta about the sad films post. Are yis trying to reduce me to a blubbering wreck? It's not a good look when you're on Reception

It's a true story. And it's not pointless :mad: Raaaaaar :pac: I actually want to go to Tokyo and see the statue :)

Yes, I know. There are a good few similar cases, but the Japanese in particular love that sort of thing, it hooks in nicely with the notion of "duty" as espoused by Bushido.

MsBubbles wrote: »
    I'm ta about the sad films post. Are yis trying to reduce me to a blubbering wreck? It's not a good look when you're on Reception
    Im nearly blubbering looking at the new statue

This is why i cant watch the movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

'Oh you'll change your mind one day' 'You never know unconditional love until have a baby' I was at a baby shower for a friend and I was helping to tidy up and mentioned I was house proud and was always cleaning,
    'Oh have a baby that will knock being house proud out of you '
    She was trying to be funny but I didn't see it that way

I hate those fúckers. And that's what they are, FÚCKERS!!

Before my husband and I got married, a handful of irritating bastards kept saying "oh you won't be able to do x and y once you're married" and all the usual bolloxology, such as him getting rid of his bike, that would be a funny conversation.
    Me: You have to get rid of your bike.
    Him: That's not fair. How come you don't have to get rid of your bikes?
    :pac:
    Nearly 2 years later and there has been no such restrictions put in place so the same people now say "oh you won't be able to do x and y once you have a child". And if you tell these people that kids are probably not on the cards, well jesus it's like you've told them you want to take all their loved ones outside and shoot them in the head.

Yes, I know. There are a good few similar cases, but the Japanese in particular love that sort of thing, it hooks in nicely with the notion of "duty" as espoused by Bushido.

There is a musical version of it in production at the moment, they changed the ending a bit........the dog commits hari kiri.

• Advertisement

I've watched the original. It's more raw but possibly more effective. I do like the Hollywood window dressing and sugar coating though. Plus Richard Gere is alright ;)

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    There is a musical version of it in production at the moment, they changed the ending a bit........the dog commits hari kiri.

I prefer Kurosawa's version, where he (the dog) turns up at the house of his master's killer carrying a pair of wooden spoons and yells "I am Shinmen Musashi-no-Kami Fujiwara no Genshin, a warrior of Harima Province. You gonna die, muddafukka!!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Really? I hadn't noticed that. Are we talking about the same thread? I always find it unsettling when people do that. I do love the last word, but I'd never care enough about it to go to someone's profile and read through their posts in other threads so I can have a go at them. It's a little creepy :( PS twat is a bad word remember? It means lady bits! :D:pac:

I could be confusing threads but you posted about liking animals more than humans and someone picked on that.

Darn, I slipped :p. Self censoring is difficult. Tw@ then :p.

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I could be confusing threads but you posted about liking animals more than humans and someone picked on that.

Darn, I slipped :p. Self censoring is difficult. Tw@ then :p.

Oh that. Yeah it's a weird one. It's as if they are taking offence to it or something. And I'm there thinking, how many daddy issues do you have if you take offence because an online stranger doesn't like you as much as her dog? :P They can be hurt and hysterical if they want.. but I can't help them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Anybody else annoyed over people taken over the footpath and almost forcing you onto the road. Groups of people are bad enough but two prams side by side just does my head in. Just because you have children does not mean you can take up the whole fecking street.

I don't know about you but i don't think there is barrier preventing sound so you can't talk to your friend 2 or 3ft ahead of you.

A randomer told me just now that I look like Jean Butler.

........ insult?

....... compliment?

F.ucked if I know :rolleyes:

I see a resemblance between her and Nicole Kidman, and I've had loads of people telling me I look like her, but this is a first. Bet I'm a better dancer though! :P

A randomer told me just now that I look like Jean Butler.

........ insult?

....... compliment?

F.ucked if I know :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with Jean Butler in my book:)

ONW Jean Butler's a hottie. I'd be thrilled If I looked like her.

Are you ok Lexie ?
    TA at myself for being a hormonal mess. One minute I'm on the verve of tears the next I'm ready to murder someone :O

Welcome to my life.

Jim - this aul one comes in as a walk in, not even with an appointment. I was just finishing up with a client, just writing something down for her at reception. Your one asks for threading. I tell her to take a seat and I'll be with her in two minutes. She starts huffing and puffing about having to wait the two minutes. So, I took her into the treatment room when I was ready and she starts going on about how she was here before and how she was diasppointed that it didn't last very long. I asked how long it lasted and she said she only got a month out of it. Da fuq? That's pretty long time for strong facial hair. I said that we would expect clients need it done again between 4-6 weeks and that was an average expected time. She starts saying I told her that the hair wouldn't grow back. Wtf? I would never say that. She keeps insisting I said this to her. I got a bit snappy and told her that laser was what she needed if she was looking for long term reduction. That shut her up for a minute or two. So, I start her threading. Literally took about three hairs when she told me to move to the other side of her lip. Moved to the other side, she tells me to do her chin "move around and give me a break, don't stay in the same spot". I start on her chin and she starts going on about only taking dark ones. I'm like wtf? So move back up to her lip and she starts freaking out about how she "never does there" so I get super annoyed and I'm like okay well I'm sorry I dont think there's anything more I can do for you.

She comes barging out, asked to speak to my manager. I am the manager. She starts going on about the prices, the lightening (it's too dark despite the place lit up like a Christmas tree), not getting long enough out of threading etc. the final straw? She said that the mirrors were streaked. No they were not. I do the cleaning myself. EVERY SINGLE DAY. I am so particular with cleaning. My house, the salon - they're always so clean. Every surface. Always.

So, I asked her for her name - I noticed that on her last visit (6th jan) she argued with me about the price saying she only had 6 hairs to thread. Time before that (not with me) she also complained. So, I asked her to leave and apologised that she found that we didn't suit her needs and suggested that she might be happier to find a different salon.

She was so horrible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

When a touch screen button refuses to work is trivially annoying. The utter twat you feel when someone catches you with gritted teeth stabbing the screen in rhythms with the words "WHY WONT YOU FUC CIN WORK" is very annoying.

• Advertisement

ONW Jean Butler's a hottie. I'd be thrilled If I looked like her.

Ok I'll accept his compliment so :D

Just googled her, she's a lash

Ok I'll accept his compliment so :D

it's not aul feet o'flames, top of the aul mornin, saints and begorrah, shure oim as oirish as they come, himself? is it?:D

Her husbands name is cuan

What the ****???? Ever feel like the Internet is trolling me

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Speaking of aul wans, they are usually the worst in terms of complainers. I was on a break and was ordering a roll and some bint next to me is getting served. In a aggressive manner she asks the girl on the counter if the rolls are bouncy and becomes more aggressive when the staff member asks her what she means.

The poor girl is continuely admonishes by the bint almost shouting at her saying 'Spread the butter I don't want any lumps'. She finally leaves with the deli girl livid. I found out later that the aul wan had been barred from the shopping centre before for causing too much hassle to the staff and security but she always found a way back in.

TL;DR: Aul wans are the worst for complain and will drain every all lifeforce from you over tiny and pointless things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Just googled her, she's a lash

Chungwans making me feel old by not knowing people who I think they should but then realise it's nearly 20 years since they were a thing and I was a chungfella :(

Those weirdos are staying in my fav hotel, with a bath and bed I acted dispicably in. And the thoughts of them in the same bed, doing the same things make me feel queasy. Hotel = ruined

That book has a few suspicious stains at this stage though, hasn't it?? :D

Welcome to my life.

Jim - this aul one comes in as a walk in...

I'd say you handled that just fine, Lexmeister. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Laminated pages FTW

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Laminated pages FTW

Oul' dag for the hard road. :pac:

E is a professional. I'm sure he laminates for a wipe clean surface.

Edit: boom bap is quicker

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Laminated pages FTW

Aaaw jaysus lads, I thought my mind was in the sewer.

The two of you have risen to a new low:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Been away from this thread for just over two weeks. Trivially annoyed that there are over 1,400 posts to read through. Screw that.

Anyone got a summary for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Webpages of lists that have stupid barely relevant animated gifs (usually a terrible one at that, with about 5 frames it).

Makes it hard to read the content when you have crappy gifs above and below the text.

• Advertisement

KungPao wrote: »
    Webpages of lists that have stupid barely relevant animated gifs (usually a terrible one at that, with about 5 frames it).

Makes it hard to read the content when you have crappy gifs above and below the text.

Buzzfeed

Been away from this thread for just over two weeks. Trivially annoyed that there are over 1,400 posts to read through. Screw that.

All perfectly normal. ONW is alternating between weeping delicately at sunrises and rugby-tackling random babies in the street making "Coo!" noises, Eisy is running around with his mickey out, I've been mining the world of commercial transport for yet more sexual innuendo, as well as imagining dead dogs as modern-day Samurai warriors, and Lexie has just put some oul' wan's head through the wall like a small, girlie Fr. Fintan Stack. :D

Menopause and grey gooters.
    Moaning about the 'yummy mummy' and the stupid things they say and do
    Pumpkinseeds pussy got in a fight and she put a teenage bowsie in his place because he called her a rude name

I really want a tulle skirt but I have a feeling Id look like a mutant. I need the OH to tell me that it'd look nice and that I should get it, so I send him a picture of it and he texts back a random answer because I know he's trying to buy himself time to think of a diplomatic way to tell me I'll look like a bag of sh.ite :(

http://tinypic.com/r/2ive4pl/8 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

My gf's got one of those, mad things altogether sticking out all over the place

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement