Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

jimgoose wrote: »
    I'd say you handled that just fine, Lexmeister. :cool:

It is why I could not be trusted to deal with members of the public. Way too likely to go postal on one of them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

I really want a tulle skirt but I have a feeling Id look like a mutant. I need the OH to tell me that it'd look nice and that I should get it, so I send him a picture of it and he texts back a random answer because I know he's trying to buy himself time to think of a diplomatic way to tell me I'll look like a bag of sh.ite :(

http://tinypic.com/r/2ive4pl/8 :(

it's purty and you will look fab in it
    Trigger I know the feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I really want a tulle skirt but I have a feeling Id look like a mutant. I need the OH to tell me that it'd look nice and that I should get it, so I send him a picture of it and he texts back a random answer because I know he's trying to buy himself time to think of a diplomatic way to tell me I'll look like a bag of sh.ite :(

It looks like a funeral/wedding combo sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Looks like a kind of toy princess dress my 6 year old niece got for christmas.

Schwiiing I'd love a toy princess dress

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

My gf's got one of those, mad things altogether sticking out all over the place
    Youre in good company here..isnt that right eisenberg ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

So elegant and stylish - get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Colleagues eating really garlicy food at their desks.. blergh! It's happened every single day this week as well.

Speaking of food, that Avonmore ad that's always on RTE after the news/weather is also TA. Who ever thought that that meal looked appetizing?! Some dry overcooked chicken covered in curry and onions with some cream drizzled over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

All perfectly normal. ONW is alternating between weeping delicately at sunrises and rugby-tackling random babies in the street making "Coo!" noises, Eisy is running around with his mickey out, I've been mining the world of commercial transport for yet more sexual innuendo, as well as imagining dead dogs as modern-day Samurai warriors, and Lexie has just put some oul' wan's head through the wall like a small, girlie Fr. Fintan Stack. :D
    MsBubbles wrote: »
    Menopause and grey gooters.
    Moaning about the 'yummy mummy' and the stupid things they say and do
    Pumpkinseeds pussy got in a fight and she put a teenage bowsie in his place because he called her a rude name

*sigh*

I've got a lot of reading to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Didn't notice the time and have missed last chance for coffee in the canteen - gasping now :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Getting trolled by the Russian. I love animals. So I don't really eat meat (I eat chicken and prawns).
    Her: I had bacon this morning lexie. Two pieces. And I had some steak on Monday. I ate all your favourite animals this week.
    Other girl: are you vegetarian?
    Russian: she's not. She eats chicken. Lexie why you eat chicken? What? Does chickens not deserve to live too??

Now I know she was messing but I feel SO GUILTY. So bad that I didn't order a chicken sandwich for lunch, I ordered tuna. And then when i took a bite out of it it smelled like I was having cat food for lunch and turned me right off

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Vlad Dog Putin

(

you boyfriend think , why she no lose fat belly, she to lazy so she wear big dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

you boyfriend think , why she no lose fat belly, she to lazy so she wear big dress.

Hey, you're supposed to be working in that salon until 5pm, not arsing about on the Internet annoying your manager! :D

:eek: CLEANING DUTY

Poor Lexie :( I only eat fish but feel guilty about eating fish. So I know how you feel.
    If I ever win the lotto I'm going to set up an Animal rescue centre

I think I might try cut out eating anything dead from my diet and see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Are you of the Apache tribe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Vlad Dog Putin

I think I might try cut out eating anything dead from my diet and see how that goes.

what you think happen when you cut crops?
    They die.
    air and water diet, i give you 5 day before die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Poor Lexie :( I only eat fish but feel guilty about eating fish. So I know how you feel.
    If I ever win the lotto I'm going to set up an Animal rescue centre

I'd set up a pigeon sanctuary :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Getting trolled by 2 Russians in the one day Lexie!

what you think happen when you cut crops?
    They die.
    air and water diet, i give you 5 day before die

Plenty fat belly to keep me alive much longer

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I'd set up a pigeon sanctuary :D

Are you the old dear who lives next door to me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Are you the old dear who lives next door to me?

ONW said she would, not she had. The pigeon people are coming, RUN!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

I prefer Kurosawa's version, where he (the dog) turns up at the house of his master's killer carrying a pair of wooden spoons and yells "I am Shinmen Musashi-no-Kami Fujiwara no Genshin, a warrior of Harima Province. You gonna die, muddafukka!!" :D

I thought he yelled, I'm lookin for the man who shot my Paw!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭pcardin

Hen pecked men who lift toilet seat, real man leave seat down and sprinkle with piss, how we laugh in mother Russia at feminised euro man

Yeah, for your record Russians only learned what toilet is after occupying European territories. As it seams for being savages you only learned half way.:P
    Same with ladies night dresses, wives of Russian invaders were wearing night dresses they robbed from locals when going to parties and theaters thinking them to be posh ball dress. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Pally parenting/piss poor parenting. When I was in the waiting room at my GP's there was a woman with 2 young kids. The little girl had wet herself and despite this the mother was letting her sit on all the chairs, including an upholstered one. WTF is wrong with people? Not only was she letting a child who'd pissed itself sit on the chairs, she was letting them run wild and make a load of noise. Then she's telling people the little guy isn't well as he's a cough and his glands are swollen. Really? Cause the little fcuker was virtually bouncing off the fecking walls and I didn't here him cough once, not looking like a child that needed a doctor.:mad:

Pally parenting/piss poor parenting. When I was in the waiting room at my GP's there was a woman with 2 young kids. The little girl had wet herself and despite this the mother was letting her sit on all the chairs, including an upholstered one. WTF is wrong with people? Not only was she letting a child who'd pissed itself sit on the chairs, she was letting them run wild and make a load of noise. Then she's telling people the little guy isn't well as he's a cough and his glands are swollen. Really? Cause the little fcuker was virtually bouncing off the fecking walls and I didn't here him cough once, not looking like a child that needed a doctor.:mad:

I know of an oul lad who used to do similar in a bookies in Wicklow town, come in for the warmth, pee himself on the high stools watchin the TV's an leave, and then some unsuspecting sap, come in later and sit on it. eeeewwww.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Chinese woman in Rathmines library today sitting down yapping away on a phone while her child in a pram screeching. Even better, none of the library staff seemed to care. Good job no-one tries to read a book in a library anymore!

QUOTE=Pumpkinseeds;94373910]/pisspoor parenting.When I was in the waiting room at my GP's there was a woman with 2 young kids. The little girl had wet herself
    Snort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Chinese woman in Rathmines library today sitting down yapping away on a phone while her child in a pram screeching. Even better, none of the library staff seemed to care. Good job no-one tries to read a book in a library anymore!

Was she speaking in Chinese? Feck that, you couldn't even eavesdrop!

Once there is a kid in tow, forget about any sanctions whatsoever. Drives me nuts.

Those kids will grow up all narcissistic feckers. They own the world, and no one will challenge them.

Aaagh, thanks for that, needed to let off steam.

• Advertisement

Iv had enough of this ****ing day. As soon as I got saddled next to those brats, I should have realised that was just the start of it. I REALLY need wine. Like it's not even optional. I need it for my own sanity and peace of mind

Hearing that Ed Sheeran was going to be playing Croke Park, a guy in work says, F**K that, i'd rather be waterboarded in Guantanamo for two hours than listen to him for two hours.
    An I thought I was alone, phew.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Onesie on (don't hate) but still cold.

TA because I was driving along the n4 a few mins ago....doing 100kph in mild rainy conditions and then all of a sudden there is about half an inch of slush on the road.Car skidded, I wet my pants but no damage done.
    Fckin Irish weather!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

TA because I was driving along the n4 a few mins ago....doing 100kph in mild rainy conditions and then all of a sudden there is about half an inch of slush on the road.Car skidded, I wet my pants but no damage done.
    Fckin Irish weather!

What portion of the N4?

Quazzie wrote: »
    What portion of the N4?

Just after the ballysadare exit in sligo. There is hail here now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

People who don't cover their mouth when they cough, who also don't teach their children to cover their mouths.

People who do cover their mouth, cough and splutter into their hands and then pick up my pen.

I really liked that pen too.

Lucyfur wrote: »
    People who don't cover their mouth when they cough, who also don't teach their children to cover their mouths.

People who do cover their mouth, cough and splutter into their hands and then pick up my pen.

Why did I wash my hands after reading that?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Why did I wash my hands after reading that?!

Cos we have to make up for the lack of hygiene in others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

was in a shop last week and there was only one person on the til, all other staff were moping around the floor doing completely non-essential things such as hanging some decorations off the ceiling while another was walking in and out of the store room doing sweet f*ck all.

they were completely oblivious to the fact that a huge queue of 10+ people had developed and their colleague was under severe pressure to clear it.

f*cking drives me mad to see brainless people working like this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Lucyfur wrote: »

On the subject of pens, people who chew the tops of pens kept in the communal areas of an office. There is always a load of pens in our reception area for obvious reasons and you'll pick one up for a client to sign a document and the top will be all chewed. Vomit.

On the subject of pens, people who chew the tops of pens kept in the communal areas of an office. There is always a load of pens in our reception area for obvious reasons and you'll pick one up for a client to sign a document and the top will be all chewed. Vomit.

My personal sidearm is an eighteen-year-old Cross Century Classic. Touch it with your grubby peasant hands and it goes up your nostril, muddafukka!!

Not getting post, because it's being sent out home and my brother is intercepting it. Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

TA'd at myself. Now and again I think of writing a short story based on my mam's life but haven't a clue where to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

KKkitty wrote: »
    TA'd at myself. Now and again I think of writing a short story based on my mam's life but haven't a clue where to start.

When you get an idea, or remember a story, or remember an incident, just write it down. Doesn't have to be coherent, doesn't have to be complete, it just has to be something that gives the general story.

Then take some time away from it.

Go back, take out your little notebook where you took it down, and just start to expand the story. Even if it's one sentence at a time, just keeping adding to it. When you feel there is enough down, start working on making it coherent and chronological.

Some of the best anecdotal stories are fleeing memories that sometimes need to be recorded before they're gone for good,.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Have a small fm transmitter in the car to hook up to my phone and play actual good music rather than the repetitive tasteless plastic shyt3 that gets on the radio.

some bastard station keeps interrupting my frequency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

My personal sidearm is an eighteen-year-old Cross Century Classic. Touch it with your grubby peasant hands and it goes up your nostril, muddafukka!!

The second you put a pen down in our office it vanishes. I'm just talking about ****ty Bic pens, nothing fancy, you put it down, 3 seconds later you go to pick it up and it has vanished. I certainly wouldn't be bringing anything special into our office.
    It's hard enough trying to keep hold of a coffee mug.

Not getting post, because it's being sent out home and my brother is intercepting it. Ffs.

That's illegal. That fella needs to unfcuk himself nice and lively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

It's hard enough trying to keep hold of a coffee mug.

Alan Turing used to chain his mug to a radiator at Bletchley Park

• Advertisement

Weh :( when people stay over and I don't know about it. LMII went out last night, I woke up this morning, big sleepy head on me, wearing only one of his tshirts, only for his brother walking into the kitchen in front of me. Tell me these things so I know to get dressed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement