Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Weh :( when people stay over and I don't know about it. LMII went out last night, I woke up this morning, big sleepy head on me, wearing only one of his tshirts, only for his brother walking into the kitchen in front of me. Tell me these things so I know to get dressed.

At least you had the tshirt on. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Aye I suppose that's something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My trivial annoyance is getting less trivial and more homicidal.

A neighbour, 2 door away, has a car. He has to turn the car's engine on 10 minutes before he leaves, but not before the noise and and physically rumbling and vibrating that this car delivers. The return journeys are similar. MAN-RACER!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

I was reminded of this the other day.

In my last job I used to do a handover with another guy.

Him: "Hi Buona I've done everything"
    Me: "Wow, that's great DH"
    Him: "Except ... [big long fcuking list - which when I thought about it was all the sh1t no body liked to do]"

My annoyance was not so much that he had been a lazy dick and not done everything, nor that he'd cherry picked the easy and interesting. It was more the way he started the conversation "I done everything" :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Morning Titties.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I was reminded of this the other day.

In my last job I used to do a handover with another guy.

Him: "Hi Buona I've done everything"
    Me: "Wow, that's great DH"
    Him: "Except ... [big long fcuking list - which when I thought about it was all the sh1t no body liked to do]"

My annoyance was not so much that he had been a lazy dick and not done everything, nor that he'd cherry picked the easy and interesting. It was more the way he started the conversation "I done everything" :mad:

I know what you mean. I used to work in a busy food establishment and prepping enough food for the following day was vital. I always dreaded my days off as I knew there'd be a fcuk up by whoever was on while I was off. How the fcuk people can forget to phone through the bread and veg orders, fail to prep enough deli stuff and not refill what they've used was just beyond me. I'd end up racing around the veggie stalls at our local market to get produce and running to M&S for loaves of bread. Fcukwittery of the highest order.:mad:

Ta at my laziness. Our bedroom is total mess. In the middle of tidying it and I'm really can't be bothered to finish it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Just because my opinion is different to yours, it doesn't mean that I'm wrong.
    Just because you don't like something, it doesn't mean that it's crap.
    People with no mind of their own and can't make a decision on anything.
    People who leave doors open and lights on all over the house.
    British people referring to the ground as the floor. (Road Wars)
    The Lemming mentality of people about English soccer teams.
    Wafer thin rashers. I'd rather have half the amount of rashers in the packet if they were cut thicker.
    People who mumble and can't keep eye contact, looking at their phone the whole time.
    Bad punctuality, poor spelling.
    The miss use of their, there, they're, were, we're, your, you're, been, being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Morning Titties.

It's funny Ms Bubbles, everytime I read your post when you say, "morning titties", I always think that that is your TA-morning titties! As in, possibly sore boobs in the morning or something!

Weh :( when people stay over and I don't know about it. LMII went out last night, I woke up this morning, big sleepy head on me, wearing only one of his tshirts, only for his brother walking into the kitchen in front of me. Tell me these things so I know to get dressed.

Lexie, what does LMII stand for?! Forgive my ignorance as it's probably something obvious but I just can figure it out!

• Advertisement

Lazy staff. I was at the fish counter in Dunnes yesterday and 3 staff were chatting away at the Deli counter, directly beside the fish counter, but clearly couldn't be arsed to serve customers, so we just walked off and bought the fish elsewhere.

Rat mouse it came from the fact that TTTAY looks like Titties !
    Luckiest Man in Ireland LMII

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Rat mouse it came from the fact that TTTAY looks like Titties !
    Luckiest Man in Ireland LMII

I know where titties came from, it just catches me every time,ha! I see, luckiest man in Ireland. Makes sense now, thanks Ms Bubbles!

Stuff that's trivially annoyed me today and it's not even lunch time
    - having an appointment in for 9am (we don't open til 10) that would take 2.5 hours. I took it at 9 as she had to be out as early as possible for her sons rugby match. I had to get up at 5:30 and had to leave my house for 7 to be here. She arrived 20 minutes late telling me she couldn't find parking/the salon but had a fresh cup of coffee from the coffeehouse two streets over.

- when I was waiting at the luas stop some little scrote was cycling around everyone asking them for a euro. When they said no to the euro he was asking for 20 cent, giving a big story about needing 4.50 for the hostel. He had a really fancy bike and a load of ink so didn't exactly look destitute.

- being in an area where it's like guess the surgeon, and the rude bitches with their extreme botox fillers and all the trimmings being so ignorant - also what is it with ladies who have all this done they look so masculine?

- when you go for lunch and the waitress is hovering over you as soon as you sit down, and starts clearing away before you've barely finished. Lady, **** off.

- we are going away for tonight and tomorrow night. Lmii is picking me up this evening (no train! Yay!) but he will have to pack my stuff too because I had no time, so although I text him a list, I expect him to pack the most ridiculous things

I've got a long list of chores that need doing today and tomorrow. It's making me sleepy just thinking about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Lazy staff. I was at the fish counter in Dunnes yesterday and 3 staff were chatting away at the Deli counter, directly beside the fish counter, but clearly couldn't be arsed to serve customers, so we just walked off and bought the fish elsewhere.

I do that in the Spar cafés except I sit down and read their newspapers without buying a coffee because the staff were too busy chatting to serve me!

Being talked out of things I really want to do. I haven't bought any shoes this month, found a pair on the way back to work. On sale and everything. I got back to work. The Russian had put me on a shopping ban since the week I blew all my wages on shoes and a candle. I'm banned from grafton street, but not from St stephens green. Got these shoes anyway.
    "They're stripper shoes. Bring them back. You don't need them. They're nasty. If I were your louboutins, I would be really offended you would chose them".

What to do :( she's right. But I like them. I bought jeggings to wear after work with them. Just call me tila tequila

Earlier in the shop.
    Me: Do you have all the ingredients for lunch?
    Old Mrs Happy: Yes, Of course.

45 mins later, back at the house.
    Me: Where is the mustard and Cheese?
    Her: Oh.

TA when you see one of those alerts on boards and get excited thinking you have a PM only to realise it is an alert about some thread you followed in 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Buying a creme egg and finding the foil is stuck due to excess goo.

• Advertisement

Earlier in the shop.
    Me: Do you have all the ingredients for lunch?
    Old Mrs Happy: Yes, Of course.

45 mins later, back at the house.
    Me: Where is the mustard and Cheese?
    Her: Oh.

Usually when Mr Pumpkinseeds goes grocery shopping he will phone me at least once to check what brand of something we buy. As in I'll write bread and he hasn't noticed which brand we buy:confused: Just as well I do the bulk of the grocery shopping.:D

Usually when Mr Pumpkinseeds goes grocery shopping he will phone me at least once to check what brand of something we buy. As in I'll write bread and he hasn't noticed which brand we buy:confused: Just as well I do the bulk of the grocery shopping.:D

He only calls you like that to make sure you NEVER give him the job of doing the bulk grocery shopping.

I doff my cap to Mr Pumpkinseeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

OH can only be trusted to buy milk...once ever I rang him to get frozen peas and he rang from the shop to ask me where he would find them:confused:

Colser wrote: »
    OH can only be trusted to buy milk...once ever I rang him to get frozen peas and he rang from the shop to ask me where he would find them:confused:

Doffs cap.

Doffs cap.
    Hmmm...Well my next OH will be house trained..nothing surer:mad::pac:

Hmmm...Well my next OH will be house trained..nothing surer:mad::pac:

Can you get house trained ones?! :)

Can you get house trained ones?! :)
    Not sure but i will enjoy my search;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Not sure but i will enjoy my search;)

You must think in Russian, Major. Hint: Strategic Incompetence. ;)

jimgoose wrote: »
    You must think in Russian, Major. Hint: Strategic Incompetence. ;)
    So what should I do...place an ad in the paper?:confused:

• Advertisement

The Farmers journal 'social and personal' section is a 100% guarantee.

Well, I suppose if you're interested in an individual recently separated from some form of livestock, well-and-fine. :)

The point, Grasshopper, is simply this: men are generally easy-going, easily-pleased, simple creatures. But when we really, really don't want to do something, we will out-do the CIA, Mossad and KGB in the devious, tactical department making sure we don't get asked to do it very often. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Of people seeking 'road frontage' ? :D

Paging ONW. Ta at myself went off the local animal shelter today and didn't come home with a dog :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

A)Turning up at a venue yesterday evening Friday 20 for a second post course get together only to find in my email it was cancelled.
    B)Ending up with a naff username here on boards because I made a balls of it during registration.

• Advertisement

"Jozeph" in Coronation Street. Why can't any of them speak properly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

The accent of that AIB "brave" one - mother of god it hurts my ears!

jimgoose wrote: »
    Well, I suppose if you're interested in an individual recently separated from some form of livestock, well-and-fine. :)

Nothing wrong with farmers!

Mother Happy has me doing jobs around the house this weekend as I am on a rare visit. No bother, there is no one else to do it.
    One of the jobs is to change the toilet seat on her toilet.
    Fcking minging job to get, but you know, she is my 78 year old mum so I get on with it.

Everything that could go wrong with the job did go wrong short of flushing my own head down the bogs. Rounded nuts, too short screws, essential parts falling in to the bowl, the 4 year old wanting a dump in the middle of the job.

Trigger is not happy this evening.

The cheek of him. Should have sent him outside with a dock leaf

• Advertisement

The cheek of him. Should have sent him outside with a dock leaf

Did we not tell you? Kids cant/wont wipe their own arses until they are about four and a half.
    So when he takes a dump he calls for me to wipe his arse. You could not make this up.

You're trolling me? You have to wipe kids butts til they're practically 5??

I would never lie about something like that.
    Do you need therapy after talking to me?

Brb - just popping out to have my tubes tied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My OH is completely paranoid about fish bones. I am not bothered about them even though I once got one lodged between my grapes of tonsils, and nearly swallowed the tweezers doing a DIY removal. Every time I cook fish, be it Donegal Catch or fresh fish that I watched the bones being removed from, he will find a bone. My piece will be completely bone free. Always. I swear he'd find a fish bone in a steak :(

Just had the dinner. Still starving. Watching Man Vs Food and all I want to do now is hop in the car and go get a snack box, a quarter pounder, curry chips and jumbo battered sausage.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Just had the dinner. Still starving. Watching Man Vs Food and all I want to do now is hop in the car and go get a snack box, a quarter pounder, curry chips and jumbo battered sausage.

Would you like a drink with that Sir?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Would you like a drink with that Sir?

Diet coke, obviously

Those two fools who went to my fav room in my fav hotel. He's been texting me non stop. "The bed is broken, did you break it". Etc. text then to tell me his girlfriend has been in the jacuzzi non stop. I'm just a spiteful bitch. Had to ruin it for them.

http://tinypic.com/r/a1pbo3/8

I hope that image haunts them!

Those two fools who went to my fav room in my fav hotel. He's been texting me non stop. "The bed is broken, did you break it". Etc. text then to tell me his girlfriend has been in the jacuzzi non stop. I'm just a spiteful bitch. Had to ruin it for them.

http://tinypic.com/r/a1pbo3/8

I hope that image haunts them!

Remind me never to cross you. :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement