Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Did we not tell you? Kids cant/wont wipe their own arses until they are about four and a half.
    So when he takes a dump he calls for me to wipe his arse. You could not make this up.

If you could see the look on my face when I read that. The Horror.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Lazy staff. I was at the fish counter in Dunnes yesterday and 3 staff were chatting away at the Deli counter, directly beside the fish counter, but clearly couldn't be arsed to serve customers, so we just walked off and bought the fish elsewhere.

In Homebase the other, getting served, the server is between yapping to someone on a headset, on the phone and some staff member on the floor.
    She said absolutely nothing to me throughout the transaction except 'you can take out your card now'. I already had the card removed and in my wallet at that stage.
    Me being the polite me that I am, I said 'thank you' very pleasantly. Nothing, in response, so I pretty much roared 'You're ****ing welcome you ignorant pr*ck' as I strolled away. Mrs. Bap was in shock and was giving me daggers. By the time we reached the shop exit, she was laughing because she wasnt really paying attention and all fell into place in that short walk why I roared at the c*nt.

My favourite part was calling a female a 'pr*ck'. Watching too much Soprano's.
    razorblunt wrote: »
    Buying a creme egg and finding the foil is stuck due to excess goo.

That is a thread winner for me.
    You're trolling me? You have to wipe kids butts til they're practically 5??

Luckily my daughter aged nearly 4 does it herself. So I'm done. Phew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Just had the dinner. Still starving. Watching Man Vs Food and all I want to do now is hop in the car and go get a snack box, a quarter pounder, curry chips and jumbo battered sausage.

Oh God Man v Food! It makes me want to run out into a field and sink my teeth into a cow! You can't beat brisket. TAs me that I always end up hungry and cross watching it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Did ye ever get some on your hand??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Ta the thread has reverted back to kids poop talk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Ta the thread has reverted back to kids poop talk

Completely agree. Can we talk about boobs again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Completely agree. Can we talk about boobs again?
    No we cant..:P

Colser wrote: »
    No we cant..:P

Back to poop then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Baby Jane wrote: »
    The accent of that AIB "brave" one - mother of god it hurts my ears!

Hate that ad, especially her voice.

• Advertisement

Back to poop then!
    Ahhh ok..so hows the new seat?Comfy?

Ahhh ok..so hows the new seat?Comfy?

I have not test driven it yet but reports from the 4 year old and the 78 year old are positive. It has a 'slow closing lid' dont you know.

:PColser Boobs boobs boobs boobs ! Is that better ? ��

TA - realising how alike I am to that granny from the Catherine Tate show

TA - realising how alike I am to that granny from the Catherine Tate show

She's my idol. My Dad's mother was cranky as hell so it's in the family

That's def me.
    "Where's my chocolate? Oh you didnt bother, I see. **** you! Don't you ever ask me for anything again. I'm fed up of u. U don't love me! You didn't forget about the playstation though did ya?" Etc then when he offers to go get me something? "No! I don't want it now! U ruined it! Leave me alone I don't even want to look at you". And then I'll be raging if he does leave me alone.

Watching her was actually like someone wrote a skit of me and LMII

• Advertisement

Ta I'm listening to hubby snoring. Lucky b@astard can fall sleep at the drop of a hat. I'm an insomniac :(
    I get so mad when the reply to insomnia is oh I fall asleep as my head hits the pillow F R Off

Poor you Ms B. It's horribls not being able to sleep.

Ta I'm listening to hubby snoring. Lucky b@astard can fall sleep at the drop of a hat. I'm an insomniac :(
    I get so mad when the reply to insomnia is oh I fall asleep as my head hits the pillow F R Off

Its not even 10pm on a saturday night!
    Is he a Trappist monk or something that needs to be up at 5am on a sunday?

Trigger he got home from at 7:30pm. He started work at 9am. The poor fella sat down on the couch and nodded off

Trigger he got home from at 7:30pm. He started work at 9am. The poor fella sat down on the couch and nodded off

Thats fair enough. Hope he sleeps long and well. :)

• Advertisement

Poor you Ms B. It's horribls not being able to sleep.

Thanks Lexie. Im fed up feeling tired all the time :(

Ta I'm ready for bed at 10.30pm on A Saturday night. My life is so rock and roll
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

It's shít, isn't it?

I used to be a great sleeper but since the first crash I'm always having flashbacks and nightmares so I'm awake for a larger portion of the night than I am asleep and then on top of that, when I do fall asleep my husband wakes me up snoring :mad:
    My husband is a very heavy sleeper and he snores so waking him up is like trying to wake someone from a coma.

Edited to add - needless to say since the second crash I haven't really slept at all, in nearly 3 weeks. Really not helping the edgy mood at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

This is very trivial but emails from boards usually go into the update label in my gmail. Now they are coming into the primary inbox. I keep seeing that I have loads of new emails but they are all thread updates from boards. And I can't fix it :mad:

Cat I'm in the same situation but have night terrors :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

In bed at 11.30 on a Saturday night. Getting old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

greenfrogs wrote: »
    This is very trivial but emails from boards usually go into the update label in my gmail. Now they are coming into the primary inbox. I keep seeing that I have loads of new emails but they are all thread updates from boards. And I can't fix it :mad:

I'm an AIX admin, I can help. Catch the computer and fire it through the nearest window. It turns out Tom Watson was right. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

jimgoose wrote: »
    I'm an AIX admin, I can help. Catch the computer and fire it through the nearest window. It turns out Tom Watson was right. :)

As in, no need for more than 5 computers worldwide? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    As in, no need for more than 5 computers worldwide? :rolleyes:

Yes. When you see how they're being abused you really do wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

greenfrogs wrote: »

Highlight your user name on boards and a drop down menu will appear. Click "control panel", go to "edit options" and under the "default thread subscription mode" section select do not follow :). At least I think that's how I turned mine off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

the fact that chips, wedges, roast potatoes are never the same when reheated in the microwave and have to be eaten fresh, unless you enjoy lumpy, hardened flavourless potato.

also when mashed potato is lumpy, it's inedible to me. smooth and soft or GTFO. enough to make me rage quit the dinner table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

People talking while eating and making others wait for them because they have to finish a mouthful of food.

Fair enough if you were just eating and then somebody asked you a question and your mouth happens to be full of food, that's fine.

But when you are talking while eating, and you are doing the whole 'apologetic hand up in the air' to acknowledge that people are waiting for you to finish chewing, or even the 'chewing faster' motion to indicate you're trying to finish as soon as possible...

...and then you put another ****ing bite into your mouth?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Did you know that in India the women have to wait for their husbands to begin eating until they start their meal? I used to work in an Indian restaurant and was unused to the custom when we all sat together to eat after service. It shocked me at the time. They seemed so submissive.

Wake up in relatively good mood after a long sleep.
    Opens curtains and looks at the weather.
    Sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have just realised that even though I had the whole mid term to do it, I haven't washed the school uniform. And it's lashing rain :(

Morning Titties. ta at the rubbish weather. Stupid rain
    Closer Boobs :P

Morning Titties.

Every time I read this I'm reminded of an episode of Oprah I saw years ago - she was interviewing a lady who was encouraging women to TALK to their BREASTS. It was supposed to be a mind over matter thing. Apparently if you look in the mirror and say to your breasts that they are beautiful and firm and round they will become beautiful and firm and round. Apparently you can make them bigger just by talking to them! :p I tried to find a youtube clip a while ago to show someone who didn't believe me when I told them about it but I couldn't find it. I've never tried to talk to my breasts, wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face!

I'm TA'd that I can't remember the dream I was having this morning. It went as soon as I opened my eyes! I hate that!

Rosie I love Oprah but sometimes she talks the biggest pile of nonsense:D

Rosie I love Oprah but sometimes she talks the biggest pile of nonsense:D

Haha she does alright :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

It's when your boobs start talking back to you, that's when you really worry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

TA The staring contest 2 of our cats are currently engaged in. One has the expensive scratchy lounger/post thing in the living rooom window, another wants it. There's a you blink you loose battle going on and I know that if I leave the room fur will fly. That's even before the serious heavy weight cat enters the room to try to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Toilet seats that wont stay up by themselves- often you forget this and it slams down mid-piss resulting in you splashing yourself

Scenes in films where characters are traveling and singing along to song in the car.. I'm sure they fun to film and meant show that they all buddy-buddy but it's not funny at all.

The adds that are using gangsters and cockneys to try promote something. Bet365 having that geezer does NOT make me want to do any betting as I'll feel I'll end up with my legs broken. Same goes for some insurance firms using similar characters- why would you want to associate your business with such seedy individuals?

Sports commentators going "YOU COULDN'T WRITE A SCRIPT LIKE THIS". ehh, have ya seen some of the movies out there?! I'm sure someone could come up with a lad scoring a last minute goal away to fecking Leeds..

*and breathes*

Sunday morning, facebook photos of girls posing with one leg thrown up over someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

My trivial annoyance is getting less trivial and more homicidal.

A neighbour, 2 door away, has a car. He has to turn the car's engine on 10 minutes before he leaves, but not before the noise and and physically rumbling and vibrating that this car delivers. The return journeys are similar. MAN-RACER!!!

I know a guy who had something similar, first time I heard it I was looking up for a helicopter, but as I got nearer I could feel it underneath my feet, and then saw it, wow, a massive looking car, 1970 6.2litre V8 hatchback, it wasn't boy racer exaust, it was all engine, hawwwww, massive, but still wouldn't like to live near it,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

A person who tries to steal the attention away from someone, like the bride and groom!!! I'm actually more than TA'd at that one. Think I'll be staying away from her for a while or I might say something I might regret!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sunday morning, facebook photos of girls posing with one leg thrown up over someone else.

Please describe these photos in greater detail, or perhaps direct us to the snaps. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

TA:
    that the second best highlight of my weekend is watching fair city on RTE+1:(:(

TA:
    that the second best highlight of my weekend is watching fair city on RTE+1:(:(
    :eek:...So whats the highlight of your weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

:eek:...So whats the highlight of your weekend?
    agh now....new phone:D:D:D

though slightly annoying downloadingb the new apps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Very TA at the ads for colon cleansing that keep appearing as I browse this thread!! Disgusting...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement