Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Very TA at the ads for colon cleansing that keep appearing as I browse this thread!! Disgusting...

Mine are for antiques! It must be getting funny signals from the cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Mine are for antiques! It must be getting funny signals from the cache.

Hmm, can't think what the heck I could have been looking at for that to appear. Must clear cache!!

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Hmm, can't think what the heck I could have been looking at for that to appear. Must clear cache!!

TA that my adverts have gone from antiques to "silver sea cruises". I am NOT that old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My ads are for Tradesmen.ie with a rather fetching looking fella carrying
    a plank of wood. Hmmm I feel some home improvements coming on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

73Cat wrote: »
    My ads are for Tradesmen.ie with a rather fetching looking fella carrying
    a plank of wood. Hmmm I feel some home improvements coming on :)

My add is for ''warm hearted Asians'' dating website :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I cleared my cache & have the tradesmen ads on the Room To Improve thread & the hot Asians on this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Morning TTAYers. ESB and Layla ads are what I'm getting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My heads done in with my friend. I do semi permanent eyelashes, takes me two hours to do a set because you have to attach one lash to one natural lash. There's about 150/200 lashes on each eye. It's tedious and its 60 euro for a set.

My best friends mom asked me if Id do hers for her this evening, no problem. She lives quite far away but it's fine, she's paying me. My friend is awful for making any sort of an effort. If I don't go see her, we don't see each other. She only does what she wants to do and if she doesn't want to do something she uses the child as an excuse.

So last night she text and is all like "I was thinking you could do mine after my Ma". No I'm sorry I can't because your child will be with you and you have to keep your eyes closed for two hours. "Ok grand" she goes, pure annoyed. Then followed it up with "guess that means I won't be getting them done". I didn't reply, no point talking to her when she's like that. A while later she replied, "my Ma will watch her so you can do me after her". I'm sorry, that doesn't suit me. I'm not spending 4 hours crouched over separating each and every eyelash. One set is enough in one day. Obviously that annoyed her too, so she said about Sunday morning, to be in her moms for 10 that her mom will babysit.

UGH 10 am on a Sunday doesn't suit me. It's my only lie in the while week. I work full time. I commute 3 1/2 hours a day. I need to sleep and relax. 10 am doesn't suit me. Id have to be up at 8. Now she's in a snot with me saying that if I didn't want to do them, just say it. It's not that I don't want to do it, I just don't want to sacrifice my only time with lmii. I work tues-sat, he works mon-fri. Sunday's our only day together. We don't get to see each other that much.

Oh but she has a child, and she wouldn't expect me to understand how hard it is for her to get any time to herself and she needs to work around when suits her mother. ****ing tired of her, it, everybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Ugggghhhhh , so fed up with never having a full nights sleep. Am going to collect my mother soon to bring her out here for a few hours. It's only about a 45 min round trip but I'm so tired I'll have to drive with the window down a bit. It's really sunny too, so I'll be blinded. My mother will probably yammer non stop, then apologise for yammering at me while I'm driving, then continue on anyway. If I'm coming up to a roundabout , and obviously keeping an eye on the road , and I don't reply to something she has said , she'll be all wounded and overly apologetic. I'd kill to lie on the sofa :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Being talked out of things I really want to do. I haven't bought any shoes this month, found a pair on the way back to work. On sale and everything. I got back to work. The Russian had put me on a shopping ban since the week I blew all my wages on shoes and a candle. I'm banned from grafton street, but not from St stephens green. Got these shoes anyway.
    "They're stripper shoes. Bring them back. You don't need them. They're nasty. If I were your louboutins, I would be really offended you would chose them".

What to do :( she's right. But I like them. I bought jeggings to wear after work with them. Just call me tila tequila

:D

• Advertisement

Co-workers who can't keep their mouths shut about your personal life when speaking to the boss. If I wanted my boss to know these things about me I would tell her myself. They then wonder why I'm so private.
    Co-workers who think it's okay to show your facebook page to other co-workers (who you are not friends with on facebook) and the boss (who you are obviously not friends with on facebook or in real life).

This. I don't know why other people are able to tell me about my annual leave requests, whether or not I am on flexi etc - :confused:

Aglomerado wrote: »
    It's when your boobs start talking back to you, that's when you really worry!

Or when you can't hear them anymore because they're further away than they used to be :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Fired up the car this morning, heating up on full blast and then scrapped the layer of ice of the windows.
    Drove to shop.
    Came out of shop and turned over the ignition, noticed the car was very silent. Gave it a rev, engine is working. The missing noise was the heater not working.
    Windows were fogging up again so gave them a wipe.
    Drove a bit, f*cking freezing in the car and the windows started to fog again.
    Dropped it off to the garage to get sorted.

Started to walk to the bus stop to take an alternative source of transport to work. A blizzard kicked off. I was wearing a very light jacket and other clothes not appropriate for the weather.

Car fooked, me soaked and freezing. I've come back home and am trying to warm myself up. Oxtaill cup-a-soups galore for me today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Or when you can't hear them anymore because they're further away than they used to be :rolleyes:

Our Lady of Blessed Gravity have mercy on us! :pac:

Fighting with that f.ucking clutch all weekend too. Why is it so hard? There is a tiny margin between release of clutch and pushing accelerator that is so damned hard to get right. Added to that, I decided it would be a good idea to find a quiet carpark to do a few practice starts. So, off I went with Dad to learn shít I should have learned when I was 17 and what did I find there? Only loads of teenagers getting driving lessons from Daddy, there were about five cars all going around in small circles. Ah bless. It was the driving equivalent of a creche. Some of the more daring ones would give a little celebratory toot when a fellow learner would complete a lap at 1km per hour. And me there...f.ucking 31 and my aul fell too old for the adrenalin and probably thinking he should have brought a nappy.... :D

Fighting with that f.ucking clutch all weekend too. Why is it so hard?...

Wax-on wax-off, ONW-san! :pac::pac::pac:

In time, you'll be able to feel the biting-point - where the drive is just starting to engage. Don't be afraid to make liberal use of the handbrake when taking off as well, at least until you get the hang of it.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Wax-on wax-off, ONW-san! :pac::pac::pac:

In time, you'll be able to feel the biting-point - where the drive is just starting to engage. Don't be afraid to make liberal use of the handbrake when taking off as well, at least until you get the hang of it.

Dad said I either get excited when the car starts to move and floor it, or I panic and take my foot off everything. The cheek, I've "driven" an automatic for three years. I'm beyond getting excited or panicked when the f.ucking thing moves. :o

Dad said I either get excited when the car starts to move and floor it, or I panic and take my foot off everything. The cheek, I've "driven" an automatic for three years. I'm beyond getting excited or panicked when the f.ucking thing moves. :o

It's all about feel and timing, practise makes perfect. If it makes you feel any better I passed the car test in 2004 at the ripe old age of 32, after many years not bothering my hole because that time no-one cared if you had a provisional. :pac:

It's not a Mercedes is it, with that bollicky foot-operated "hand" brake? I hate those things, forcing me to do the Templemore Two-Step (a.k.a. the Hendon Shuffle) in a bloody car! :pac:

****ing companies who try direct you towards their stupid website because they're ****ing imbicles, "do you still wish to speak to a customer service agent?" And when you press 2, they go on another ****ing rant about how much better online is.

• Advertisement

It's all about feel and timing, practise makes perfect. If it makes you feel any better I passed the car test in 2004 at the ripe old age of 32, after many years not bothering my hole because that time no-one cared if you had a provisional. :pac:

It's not a Mercedes is it, with that bollicky foot-operated "hand" brake? I hate those things, forcing me to do the Templemore Two-Step (a.k.a. the Hendon Shuffle) in a bloody car! :pac:

Haha no. I learned in a mercedes though so now every car feels like a midget car. :( I forgot about the handbrake. Stiff as a poker. Need some serious hand work to get that thing down. Er..... yes. :)

ONW Hurr hurr hurr 'Handwork' ;)

I keep getting that song "A thousand years" by Christina Perri advertised on my youtube account and I have ignored it for weeks now thinking, what a shít song. And I have just realised I was confusing it the whole time with "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton....which is a shít song. God have I been missing out.

Haha no. I learned in a mercedes though so now every car feels like a midget car. :( I forgot about the handbrake. Stiff as a poker. Need some serious hand work to get that thing down. Er..... yes. :)

If you pull it too hard it'll be stiff. Fnargh, etc. :D

jimgoose nothing wrong with a stiff one

MsBubbles wrote: »
    jimgoose nothing wrong with a stiff one

Indeed. But if it stays too stiff for too long, regular fluid-draining and refilling is the way to go. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Indeed. But if it stays too stiff for too long, regular fluid-draining and refilling is the way to go. :D

Dont even mention "Choke"

A tragic story reported on Sky news about a toddler who wandered outside during the night and died. What's annoying is that his family have launched an online campaign to raise 50k by Friday for his funeral :confused: Why would you need 50k for a funeral? It sounds cynical but I honestly find it hard to believe that this tragedy is not being cashed in on... :mad:

I'm not annoyed about anything!! In fact, I can't remember the last time I felt this happy. Way before my dad got sick, that's for sure. Two years and I feel almost like my old self!

I'm not annoyed about anything!! In fact, I can't remember the last time I felt this happy. Way before my dad got sick, that's for sure. Two years and I feel almost like my old self!

Get out of here. :)

A tragic story reported on Sky news about a toddler who wandered outside during the night and died. What's annoying is that his family have launched an online campaign to raise 50k by Friday for his funeral :confused: Why would you need 50k for a funeral? It sounds cynical but I honestly find it hard to believe that this tragedy is not being cashed in on... :mad:

Crowdfunding for funerals now? I have seen it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Staple in stapler squished and jammed!!!

Have you been inhaling the nail-polish remover?? :pac:

I am going to Switzerland for work next week and already I know the Swiss people will TA me. Badly!
    On the positive side, I may find a watch that needs buying over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I am going to Switzerland for work next week and already I know the Swiss people will TA me. Badly!

If they TA you, be sure to push someone down a hill...

And watch a Swiss roll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Amazon's censorship of customer reviews. The drawer for the fridge door arrived with only a strip of cardboard sellotaped around the middle, leaving the ends exposed so that the drawer could be slided out from either end. Given that it's so delicate it should have been packaged properly, not so according to Amazon.

Even more annoying was the snotty email I got in response to the complaint I made to the seller about the packaging. They emailed me suggesting I be more polite and they would help me:confused: Guess what fcukers, I won't be buying anything from you again.:mad:

Have you been inhaling the nail-polish remover?? :pac:

Is the nail polisher the russian one?:D

DR E No she is Svetlana Bossyaaboutavich

On the positive side, I may find a watch that needs buying over there.

Bring us back a Toblerone, will ya?

The most dangerous chocolate known to mankind.

After Sister in Law kicking up a stink last week about Mother in Law's birthday, She announced yesterday they're not coming. FFS !

MsBubbles wrote: »
    After Sister in Law kicking up a stink last week about Mother in Law's birthday, She announced yesterday they're not coming. FFS !

Will they be going to KFC instead? Tell her to shove her lunch up her gooter :p

• Advertisement

ONW I came *this* close to telling her to FRO ! (F**k Right Off ).
    Apparently they are bringing Mil out on the night of her birthday for dinner.

Will they be going to KFC instead? Tell her to shove her lunch up her gooter :p

Brings a whole new meaning to a "Snackbox":D

Dr E *Snort*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Annoying:
    When I don't get my preferred seat in the canteen for a tea break.

More annoying:
    When people comment to me that I'm in the wrong place.

I don't know if it's me or the other people who are routine obsessed, but this is the civil service. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Brings a whole new meaning to a "Snackbox":D
    Or Snatchbox even?:D

I'm TA'd that BB is now modding AH. (Imagine a non boardsie trying to figure that sentence out!).

Now we have to watch what we say in TTTAY! :eek::mad:

Aul wans who smell of church and holy water. Eugh.

Boom bap is now an AH mod? He takes bribes - right?

Boom bap is now an AH mod? He takes bribes - right?

I dunno but he's a traitor that's for sure! :pac: BB are you going to rat us up for talking about peepees and gooters?:mad:

• Advertisement

TA by this weather. There was geansai load of snow on the car this morning and then drove more bleeding snow.
    guess what ? It's snowing again :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement