Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA'd that I'm on a health kick and have given up all junk food for Lent. I'd really like some crisps right about now.:( No way I'm giving up booze though, they'll have to pry my good friends Gordons and Schweppes out of my cold dead hands first.

Have you tried just staying off the food and dedicating all your consumption to booze?
    Drunkenness will kill those food cravings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Walking down a corridor towards a lift when I notice somebody I really don't want to share a lift with approaching from the opposite direction. I drop my pace off so that they'll reach the lift first and be gone before I get there. Except I've completely misjudged their distance and speed so ended up reaching the lift at exactly the same time as them :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Working from home today. Got settled down in the kitchen earlier and blazing through different bits and bobs for work.
    Then the missus and kids arrived home at lunch time.
    They decided that everything they need to do must take place around the kitchen, more specifically where I am sitting.
    Mrs. Bap roaring at me for not knowing what an ounce converted to a millilitre is. The daughter asking me to pull her finger, and the boy just yammering on about Mario and Bowser.
    That stopped about 30 minutes ago and they are upstairs playing with lego. I'm dying to get up there and build a lego kebab shop, but still have some work to do. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Pumpkinseeds 100 % agree with you. Schweppes is the only tonic worth buying

Fever Tree is excellent tonic water, I just can't afford it very often.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I learned all the words to the sound of silence. I got my car dance moves down too. Annoyed that it's almost Grammy worthy but lmii doesn't want Me to sing it anymore. Seems his good taste stops at women and doesn't extend to music

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a car dance?, is it like a barn dance for poor people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I'll tell ye what really fu*king annoys me...

When you're in a pub chatting away to your friends and you get "shhhhhd" by people all because someone is singing a song in the corner.

You know the type of song, it's typically a girl singing some sort of soppy mush accompanied by a lad on an acoustic guitar.

You just know that it's going to go "viral" followed by many comments such as "awww babez that is amazin"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My brother is gone off the rails, he's always been wild but since last year he's just gone hell for leather. A cousin has been ringing me all day, I've been so busy I didnt get a chance to answer so I just rang her back this evening. I'm not close to her but he is. Both wild. She's asking me if he's okay. I ask why and she's being very vague, saying she met him last night and just wondered if he was okay.

She's ringing him all day and he isn't answering. I tried call him there too. Like fifteen times and each time rang out. He never ignores my calls, not even when we fight. He always picks up even if it's to tell me to **** off. I'm worried sick now too. What if he's dead? I'm too frightened to go and check because I've convinced myself he is.

I know I'll feel stupid when I know he's ok but it's just limbo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Jim rotfl. I'm neither mature nor respectable. Everytime I go to Dungloe, I roar with laughter as we drive past Divers of Muff

Hmmm, you laugh at Muff as you drive into the "Gap of Dungloe":D:D,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Ok. On the treadmill yesterday. Running my 5k. Concentrating.

And this fella beside me decides to take a phone call. Cause all the machines are going, its quite noisy. Does he move outside to take the call? No. Stands there ROARING down the phone...

Queue this lovely interaction:

Me (am female BTW): Hey HEY
    Him: *No reaction*
    Me: Heyyyyyy. Hey man what are you doing roaring down your phone while we are all here doing our workouts?
    Him: Excuse me?
    Me: Why are you roaring down your phone? Surely you could just leave the gym to take it?
    Him: *Still gob smaked* (does the classic "try to turn it on me"). I dont know what your problem is...
    Me: You are roaring down your phone. In the gym. I dont want to hear your conversation. I especially dont want to hear your roaring. We are all members here.
    Him: *startled* I still dont....
    Me: Listen mate, its your phone, you roaring down it, take some responsibility......

And all while running on a treadmill...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

When you're in a pub chatting away to your friends and you get "shhhhhd" by people all because someone is singing a song in the corner.

You know the type of song, it's typically a girl singing some sort of soppy mush accompanied by a lad on an acoustic guitar.

You just know that it's going to go "viral" followed by many comments such as "awww babez that is amazin"

The last time someone tried to sing and do that in my local the barman kept putting up the music on the speakers until they shut up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

The last time someone tried to sing and do that in my local the barman kept putting up the music on the speakers until they shut up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    yer all banned :)

Speech, speech!
    Congrats Boom Bap

I know I'll feel stupid when I know he's ok but it's just limbo

Could he be on a bender? Perhaps make up an excuse to call one of his buddies?

In a bookshop this evening, and a woman beside me was loudly crunching hula hoops. Ugh. And I am sure she then went on to paw the books. I had to leave, T/A'd.

dellas1979 wrote: »

And this fella beside me decides to take a phone call. Cause all the machines are going, its quite noisy. Does he move outside to take the call? No. Stands there ROARING down the phone...

Me: Heyyyyyy. Hey man what are you doing roaring down your phone while we are all here doing our workouts?
    Me: Why are you roaring down your phone? Surely you could just leave the gym to take it?
    Him: *Still gob smaked* (does the classic "try to turn it on me"). I dont know what your problem is...
    Me: You are roaring down your phone. In the gym. I dont want to hear your conversation. I especially dont want to hear your roaring. We are all members here.
    Me: Listen mate, its your phone, you roaring down it, take some responsibility......

Bravo,

I hate those sort of "entitled" gob****es.

• Advertisement

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Speech, speech!
    Congrats Boom Bap

He is probably not allowed to play around here anymore:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

dellas1979 wrote: »

I love you.
    In a bookshop this evening, and a woman beside me was loudly crunching hula hoops. Ugh. And I am sure she then went on to paw the books. I had to leave, T/A'd.

Did you not kill her? We have to start taking these people out one by one, it's the only way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Babysitting my nephew since 4 o'clock for my sister.
    She said she'll pick him up at 6, i.e - two hours later.
    She still hasn't been by to pick him up.
    I have a shit load of work to do.

:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    He is probably not allowed to play around here anymore:D

Nah it's not going to change me.... now get me a blank prescription pad by sunrise on the east coast tomorrow, unmarked 'script leaves or I will start to abuse my power. :pac:

I went for an MRI Scan on my back this evening. When I went in the radiographer and the nurse were very casual, left me to hobble around, struggling with the locker for my stuff etc etc (I know they're not there to help and I wasn't expecting help) but then afterwards, after the MRI Scan had been done, they were suspiciously helpful, holding doors for me, helping me down off the bed, got my stuff out of the locker for me, carried it into the changing room, they both asked me if I was okay 5 times.
    It set me on edge, I wanted to scream at them, WHAT DID YOU SEE ON THE SCAN??? but now I have to wait 4 days for the report and scan to be sent to my gp, which will be Friday, and then obviously I can't see my gp at the weekend so I'll have to wait until next Monday. Rawr.

I'm telling you one thing though, the scan better show what's wrong, because there is obviously something wrong, I'm still in agony, walking funny. I've had 3 years of having scans and studies done on my leg trying to figure out what's causing the problems with it and everytime I'm told that the scan or whatever didn't show up anything even though there is very clearly something wrong with my leg and I AM NOT HAVING THAT AGAIN. NO WAY.

• Advertisement

Did you not kill her? We have to start taking these people out one by one, it's the only way.

It was close, believe me.

It was close, believe me.

Well I'm afraid if you meet her again, it's curtains for her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

At least 20 different people walked out in front of me today with no regard to safety. Furthermore Taxi drivers have zero consideration and will literally drive up your anus and pull out inching forward and also double park in rush hour traffic right on corners and in the middle of lanes and right before junctions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

More than TA'd that I'm only getting 4 days off over easter instead of 3, like the rest of the college :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

TA: The chocolate on my rice cake is too bitter for my tastes. :(

McChubbin wrote: »

Had that really dark one the last day, yuck :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

xLisaBx wrote: »
    More than TA'd that I'm only getting 4 days off over easter instead of 3, like the rest of the college :mad:

TA that I can't understand that one. You're getting an extra day? Or am I misreading it?

Could he be on a bender? Perhaps make up an excuse to call one of his buddies?

Oh here, not a thing wrong with him, me just bein a big thick worried over nothing.

BB is an after hours mod now? Oh jaysus. Be on our best behaviour now.

TA - when people tell you that they're not mad at you, they're disappointed. 😭😭😭😭 don't be disappointed!!!! It's so much worse than being mad.

TA that I can't understand that one. You're getting an extra day? Or am I misreading it?

Haha I must have forgotten to type weeks. Everyone else has 3 weeks :pac:

You know what I love? I love working all my adult life (I got my first job when I was 16), paying tax left right and centre, getting rode with inheritance tax, like most other people Id imagine. Then I love logging onto facebook to see some scrote who never worked a day in her life, all 23 years of it, neither does her sister or her parents, and yet every single day she's tagged in a pub or in a house drinking. Likes of her should be ****ed off the dole after a certain length of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I went for an MRI Scan on my back this evening. When I went in the radiographer and the nurse were very casual, left me to hobble around, struggling with the locker for my stuff etc etc (I know they're not there to help and I wasn't expecting help) but then afterwards, after the MRI Scan had been done, they were suspiciously helpful, holding doors for me, helping me down off the bed, got my stuff out of the locker for me, carried it into the changing room, they both asked me if I was okay 5 times.
    It set me on edge, I wanted to scream at them, WHAT DID YOU SEE ON THE SCAN??? but now I have to wait 4 days for the report and scan to be sent to my gp, which will be Friday, and then obviously I can't see my gp at the weekend so I'll have to wait until next Monday. Rawr.

I'm telling you one thing though, the scan better show what's wrong, because there is obviously something wrong, I'm still in agony, walking funny. I've had 3 years of having scans and studies done on my leg trying to figure out what's causing the problems with it and everytime I'm told that the scan or whatever didn't show up anything even though there is very clearly something wrong with my leg and I AM NOT HAVING THAT AGAIN. NO WAY.

Oh Hugs for you!
    People see you out walking and not actually know the sheer agony both physically and emotionally just to put one foot in front of the other - the fupping pain!

Reading your post here brought back some scary memories for me...
    The tunnel for the scan:
    The first time I had the scan for my back I wasn't even able to walk right. Seeing the machine sent nerves up down inside me. At one point during scan I was asked if I needed them to stop. Must have a camera watching me as I knew I was tensing up; getting anxious and in pain during the scan.
    I couldn't lie straight even in the comforts of my own bed and certainly couldn't for this so was lying at this angle propped with pillows. The fupping pain! :( Each time I squirmed with pain I was asked to lay still - if I could I would as I knew each time I squired meant longer taking the scan!

Almost 2yr4month since I was thrown off my bike and my back issues started. Your post just resonated with me tonight, scary times so they were. Scary, painful times. Laying off the pain-killers and biting my tongue more & more in recent times so feel over the worst for sure.

Sincerely Hope you'll be skipping and jumping again not too long from now :)
    Thinking of You,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Just watching Crimecall and this thug ran up behind a young school boy and attacked and headbutted him before robbing him..absolutely awful thing to happen to the little fella..Im fuming..I honestly think it will take a very long time for him to get over that mentally..All the stories are bad but this really TAed me:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I am TA'd that I am annoyed with my bf with no idea why. Poor guy is so confused and trying to be all nice but I can't be happy or nice! I don't like myself sometimes :(

McChubbin wrote: »

70% is as dark as I can go for eating, anything darker than that is too bitter.
    You know what I love? I love working all my adult life (I got my first job when I was 16), paying tax left right and centre, getting rode with inheritance tax, like most other people Id imagine. Then I love logging onto facebook to see some scrote who never worked a day in her life, all 23 years of it, neither does her sister or her parents, and yet every single day she's tagged in a pub or in a house drinking. Likes of her should be ****ed off the dole after a certain length of time.

Don't get me fúcking started, we'll be here all night.
    kerry4sam wrote: »
    Oh Hugs for you!
    People see you out walking and not actually know the sheer agony both physically and emotionally just to put one foot in front of the other - the fupping pain!

Reading your post here brought back some scary memories for me...
    The tunnel for the scan:
    The first time I had the scan for my back I wasn't even able to walk right. Seeing the machine sent nerves up down inside me. At one point during scan I was asked if I needed them to stop. Must have a camera watching me as I knew I was tensing up; getting anxious and in pain during the scan.
    I couldn't lie straight even in the comforts of my own bed and certainly couldn't for this so was lying at this angle propped with pillows. The fupping pain! :( Each time I squirmed with pain I was asked to lay still - if I could I would as I knew each time I squired meant longer taking the scan!

Almost 2yr4month since I was thrown off my bike and my back issues started. Your post just resonated with me tonight, scary times so they were. Scary, painful times. Laying off the pain-killers and biting my tongue more & more in recent times so feel over the worst for sure.

Sincerely Hope you'll be skipping and jumping again not too long from now :)
    Thinking of You,
    kerry4sam

It was my 5th MRI Scan in 3 years so sadly I'm an old pro. Before I went in the nurse said they'd do the scans in 3 parts and take a break in between, I said no it's grand, I've had MRIs before, fire away but she kept saying no, no, most patients can't stay still for that long. After the first scan she came on the intercom thing and said you haven't moved so we're just going to power through. I'm not claustrophobic or anything and the noise doesn't bother me but I get so hot in there so I just want to get it over and done with (and obviously you understand how uncomfortable it is to lie there).

I was hit by a van on my motorbike 3 years ago and broke my leg and my leg is absolutely fúcked, have nerve damage to my neck, shoulders and arms but my leg is the big problem, chronic pain and chronic lymphedema. I was rear ended by a car on my motorbike nearly 3 weeks ago, came off the bike and landed with a very severe impact to my low back and it's absolutely fúcked since, that's what the MRI Scan today was for.
    Both times I wasn't at fault, both times my bike was wrote off. The first bike was only 6 months old and the second bike I only bought last year off a Lithuanian guy who brought it over here when he moved so it was a different colour scheme than you get in Ireland and it was so clean, low mileage, practically brand new. The two wrote off bikes make me feel murderous.

Thanks for your kind words :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

70% is as dark as I can go for eating, anything darker than that is too bitter.

Don't get me fúcking started, we'll be here all night.

It was my 5th MRI Scan in 3 years so sadly I'm an old pro. Before I went in the nurse said they'd do the scans in 3 parts and take a break in between, I said no it's grand, I've had MRIs before, fire away but she kept saying no, no, most patients can't stay still for that long. After the first scan she came on the intercom thing and said you haven't moved so we're just going to power through. I'm not claustrophobic or anything and the noise doesn't bother me but I get so hot in there so I just want to get it over and done with.

I was hit by a van on my motorbike 3 years ago and broke my leg and my leg is absolutely fúcked, have nerve damage to my neck, shoulders and arms but my leg is the big problem, chronic pain and chronic lymphedema. I was rear ended by a car on my motorbike nearly 3 weeks ago, came off the bike and landed with a very severe impact to my low back and it's absolutely fúcked since, that's what the MRI Scan today was for.
    Both times I wasn't at fault, both times my bike was wrote off. The first bike was only 6 months old and the second bike I only bought last year off a Lithuanian guy who brought it over here when he moved so it was a different colour scheme than you get in Ireland and it was so clean, low mileage, practically brand new. The two wrote off bikes make me feel murderous.

You poor love. I hope you start feeling better soon. Hopefully the doctors can help

TA that I have a caffeine twitch! I wont be sleeping easy tonight. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

the smell of burnt food. tried microwaving last night's garlic bread only to find it was still hard and inedible afterwards. tried again for longer to soften it up but it ended up burning and now the kitchen stinks. dog wouldn't even touch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It's only Tuesday.
    Feel like it should be Thursday!!!

It's gonna be a loooonnnnnnnggggg week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

also the fact that there are only a small few people living in the house so I can never blame anything on anyone such as the garlic bread incident and other embarrassing ****, as process of elimination quickly exposes me.

• Advertisement

Robsweezie I hate when that happens. Burnt food smell is horrible.

How hard was it to get out of bed this morning??!!

I am going to become an inventor and invent 'pre warmed clothes' for people to hop in to when they get out of the shower and are all chilly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Well I'm afraid if you meet her again, it's curtains for her.

Beef curtains? :pac:

OWN and we're off ! Lady parts talk commenced at 9.26

OWN and we're off ! Lady parts talk commenced at 9.26

A new record. TA that I can't think of a lady parts TA to follow with :pac:

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    A new record. TA that I can't think of a lady parts TA to follow with :pac:

Ah here, it is one thing talking about LP this time of the morning...but please dont start complaining about them!

• Advertisement

ONW *must not make diving joke *

Ah here, it is one thing talking about LP this time of the morning...but please dont start complaining about them!

Oh I've got one! When the cotton section of the pants is not quite long enough and you end up with part of the lace area "there" and it's super irritating! :P

...Waits for BB to infract her for complaining about gooters so early in the day.... :o

ONW *must not make diving joke *

Baked some nice muffins this morning. Made a change from yesterdays ring doughnuts...

ONW *snorts*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Trivially annoyed that I have been forced into wearing skinny jeans, as that's all that's in the shops these days. It was that or go bottomless, as all my jeans were wrecked. There is nothing at all wrong with skinny jeans, they look great on other people. I think they make me look even shorter, with wrinkly knees, a narky looking little elf:(. It's so damn hard to get jeans in short length anyway, and since I am uber short they are still usually too long. Not arsed with ordering stuff online as my head would explode if I had to send it back. Oh I would kill for just 2 more inches. In height that is!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement