Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Oh I've got one! When the cotton section of the pants is not quite long enough and you end up with part of the lace area "there" and it's super irritating! :P

...Waits for BB to infract her for complaining about gooters so early in the day.... :o

I am hoping he will come in here and just ban me...put me out of my misery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Cat Did you try Marks and Spencer ? I was looking for trousers for work. I'm plus sized lady but I could find in the shops were tapered trousers which look awful on me. I found nice wide leg trousers in Mark and Spencers.
    I noticed they do different styles of jeans too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Cat Did you try Marks and Spencer ? I was looking for trousers for work. I'm plus sized lady but I could find in the shops were tapered trousers which look awful on me. I found nice wide leg trousers in Mark and Spencers.
    +1
    M&S and Next are good for these. I'm a short woman myself and hate the "skinny" and tapered stuff in most of the shops.

I got so fed up with jeans last year that I stole a couple of my brother's old Wranglers still in the wardrobe in my parents' house, he is unlikely to wear them again as he moved out years ago. He is short too so they fit fine!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Ooh thanks, I must try them the next time I'm in a town that has a M&S. No choice of shops here at all :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I am hoping he will come in here and just ban me...put me out of my misery!

the temptation is strong.....but can't bring myself to do it for talking about an itchy baby extraction point.

73Cat wrote: »
    Ooh thanks, I must try them the next time I'm in a town that has a M&S. No choice of shops here at all :(

M&S online service is very good. I buy work blouses there several times a year and never have a problem with sizes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I am just so on edge today - everything is getting in on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

efb wrote: »
    I am just so on edge today - everything is getting in on me

Come in, come in. That's what TTTAY is here for! I hate Tuesdays. The b*stard of the week. Feckin loveless twilight day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Trivially annoyed that I have been forced into wearing skinny jeans, as that's all that's in the shops these days. It was that or go bottomless, as all my jeans were wrecked. There is nothing at all wrong with skinny jeans, they look great on other people. I think they make me look even shorter, with wrinkly knees, a narky looking little elf:(. It's so damn hard to get jeans in short length anyway, and since I am uber short they are still usually too long. Not arsed with ordering stuff online as my head would explode if I had to send it back. Oh I would kill for just 2 more inches. In height that is!

I go through all types of hell trying to buy new jeans.
    Cannot wear skinnies because I've these strange shaped legs that are like chicken legs below the knee and weightlifters above.
    Because of that I have to buy regular sized jeans in a larger waist, and I like to let my jeans hang a bit low, so there is just an oversized arse sack at the back.

Thankfully I have found a brand/style recently that are perfect on me. Not cheap, and I've bought a few pairs now. Will pick up another in a diff colour next time i'm passing by the shop.

Come in, come in. That's what TTTAY is here for! I hate Tuesdays. The b*stard of the week. Feckin loveless twilight day.

+1 Feckin Tuesdays :(

• Advertisement

Aglomerado wrote: »
    M&S online service is very good. I buy work blouses there several times a year and never have a problem with sizes etc.

Do you know if there short length jeans are properly short? I end up walking through the backs of the legs of most jeans that are short length :(. Prefer boot cut style on me too

Cat I'm 5ft 3 and the short length are half an inch too short.

Cat I'm 5ft 3 and the short length are half an inch too short.

Hmmmm I'm just under 5 ft so they would probably be a bit long. I'd have to make roll ups on them !

Do you know if there short length jeans are properly short? I end up walking through the backs of the legs of most jeans that are short length :(. Prefer boot cut style on me too

I'm not certain about their jeans. Must check if dimensions are on their site because sometimes Short is too short. Depends on individual retailer.

I'm not certain about their jeans. Must check if dimensions are on their site because sometimes Short is too short. Depends on individual retailer.

Thank you , I will have a look :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

How do ye Chungwans not get deep-vein thrombosis from those skinny jeans? they don't exactly leave much room for ventilation, to put it mildly! :pac:

Jim It's the camel toe I'd worry about not the dvt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

****ing hate asking for the answer to four questions in an email and in response getting a single question. If i could travel to india I would need Warwick Davis and Karl to absorb the comedic value. Hammer time !.
    Rant ends .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Jim It's the camel toe I'd worry about not the dvt

I'd say anyone camel-toeing through heavy-ish cotton jeans is well on the way to DVT! :pac:

• Advertisement

73Cat a good dressmaker/alterations person is what you need. They will tailor outfits to suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

My mum offered to bring a few things to the dry cleaners for me as I won't get a chance this week. I started to go through them with her just to be sure I hadn't missed anything. Unbeknownst to me a piece of shexy underwear got itself caught up amongst the pile. She picks it up, holds it up and asks what's this and is she to bring it too and then it slowly begins to dawn on both of us what she is holding. And my dad standing there watching. Scarleh

Vel Scarleh for yeh and yer Ma

jimgoose wrote: »
    How do ye Chungwans not get deep-vein thrombosis from those skinny jeans? they don't exactly leave much room for ventilation, to put it mildly! :pac:

Jesus, I'd look like an overstuffed sausage if I wore those things. Retro bootcut for me please!!!:pac:

Aglomerado do you remember that infomercial from the 80's for a stepper fitness gizmo, They used to scare you about turkey drumstick legs, that's me

Aglomerado do you remember that infomercial from the 80's for a stepper fitness gizmo, They used to scare you about turkey drumstick legs, that's me

Ha! 'Fraid not, but the imagery is good...!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If I could just wear bootcut jeans all the time I'd be really happy. Gap Perfect Boot jeans are probably the best fit out there on me, but it TA's me that I need a short leg in them at 5'6" if I want to wear them with flat shoes! I have muscular legs but a relatively small waist so skinny jeans are an awkward fit - what actually goes over my calves is liable to be too big anywhere above my hips. I have a couple of pairs of M&S jeggings but even they have the same problem.

For what it's worth - I'm bloody delighted that kick flare styles appear to be coming back in this year :D

Rainbow aparently if your short Gap's long and lean jeans are supposed to make you look longer.

I got myself all excited about going to Switzerland for work...but the only available hotel is a Ramada.
    I am going to be slumming it. :mad:

People who keep sniffing instead of just blowing their noses and being done with it. What the f.uck is wrong with them? Are the trying to save their snot for some reason? Should be f.ucking well shot.

Rainbow aparently if your short Gap's long and lean jeans are supposed to make you look longer.

My favourite jeans ever, but they don't do them in store in Europe any more. :(

Planning to buy about 5 pairs when I'm in California at the end of May...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Im the odd one out here so:mad:..i live in skinnies and have problems finding them LONG enough..Oasis and Riveriland are my saviours..is there any such thing as the average/one size fits all body?

Colser lucky you. my short lardy arse is but a meter off the ground ;)

Colser wrote: »
    Im the odd one out here so:mad:..i live in skinnies and have problems finding them LONG enough..Oasis and Riveriland are my saviours..is there any such thing as the average/one size fits all body?

I find this, and also it's hard to find a pair that go in enough at the end of the leg. They always seem to go out an inch too much at the bottom :(

Now I see the merit in that 80's abomination called ski pants :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Yes Tuesday is my last fave day of the week!!!

Met with councillor at 12 so that helped

I find this, and also it's hard to find a pair that go in enough at the end of the leg. They always seem to go out an inch too much at the bottom :(

Now I see the merit in that 80's abomination called ski pants :P
    ONW try Oasis for the JADE fit skinnies..50e but I find them perfect:)

Oh FFS, you lot have me looking up skinny jeans now!
    (It is not a good look for me).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Skinny jeans are an abomination. I long for the days that Limp Bizkit songs were in the charts and huge baggy pants were in fashion. Those things were damn comfortable.

I'm always forgetting to refrigerate leftovers. I hate waste, and it's not always something the dog / birds wiil eat :(.

Skinny jeans are an abomination. I long for the days that Limp Bizkit songs were in the charts and huge baggy pants were in fashion. Those things were damn comfortable.
    Not when they are on the right person:PBaggys are awful on some people ..

Colser wrote: »
    Not when they are on the right person:PBaggys are awful on some people ..

They look amazing with knee high boots :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Toilet brushes that come loose from the handle after pretty much each use. Had my fill with this. The only way to tighten is to hold the sh1t-infested end and twist the handle, disgusting. How hard can it be to make these things fit for purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

If ya cant beat them join them,

Why is there size 16 18 20 "skinny" jeans aren't they only for boney critters, hence, skinny??

(Or am I going to get torn asunder here now?)

The skate shoes I spent years around that time wearing with baggy jeans made my arches drop :mad:

No particular desire to see the big Hobo-type trousers come back tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

If I could just wear bootcut jeans all the time I'd be really happy. Gap Perfect Boot jeans are probably the best fit out there on me, but it TA's me that I need a short leg in them at 5'6" if I want to wear them with flat shoes! I have muscular legs but a relatively small waist so skinny jeans are an awkward fit - what actually goes over my calves is liable to be too big anywhere above my hips. I have a couple of pairs of M&S jeggings but even they have the same problem.

For what it's worth - I'm bloody delighted that kick flare styles appear to be coming back in this year :D

+1. Now if only they'd bring back normal waist jeans instead of hipster styles in bootleg jeans and every other style of womens trousers. I'm a 42 year old 5'6 woman, I don't have the hips and abdomen of a teenage boy so hipster styles do me no favours at all, none.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Wtf is deep vein camel toe?

Toilet brushes that come loose from the handle after pretty much each use. Had my fill with this. The only way to tighten is to hold the sh1t-infested end and twist the handle, disgusting. How hard can it be to make these things fit for purpose?

Toilet brushes themselves are disgusting. Scrub shít and then put the brush back in it's holder? But then you need something to clean the brush, and then something to clean that.... :( Why haven't they designed one with a disposable head yet?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I usually have lunch early, and often have our small kitchen/canteen area to myself. I did this as usual today, was reading, and these two women sit at the table next to me. OK so far, except, they talk incessantly about the most inane bollox possible.
    Today's subject was porridge. A conversation went on for approx. 5 minutes about porridge. Right next to me.
    "Do you eat porridge in the morning?"
    " I do, I do my porridge in the microwave, do you do your porridge in the microwave?"
    "No I do my porridge in the saucepan, it makes it more [something]"
    "Oh, I love porridge from a saucepan, it's much nicer than porridge from the microwave"
    And so on.
    JESUS, shut up and stop saying porridge :mad: :pac:

selous wrote: »
    If ya cant beat them join them,

Why is there size 16 18 20 "skinny" jeans aren't they only for boney critters, hence, skinny??

(Or am I going to get torn asunder here now?)

I think (and I could be wrong) that the "skinny" is a reference to the effect they have on you. That they make you look skinnier by making the legs look longer and therefore narrower. In fact, I think that is why people (especially guys) who have super skinny legs look a little silly in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

KatW4 wrote: »
    I am TA'd that I am annoyed with my bf with no idea why. Poor guy is so confused and trying to be all nice but I can't be happy or nice! I don't like myself sometimes :(

One word, HORMONES. I was like this last week with my husband. I recommend alcohol and chocolate.:D

• Advertisement

I usually have lunch early, and often have our small kitchen/canteen area to myself. I did this as usual today, was reading, and these two women sit at the table next to me. OK so far, except, they talk incessantly about the most inane bollox possible.
    Today's subject was porridge. A conversation went on for approx. 5 minutes about porridge. Right next to me.
    "Do you eat porridge in the morning?"
    " I do, I do my porridge in the microwave, do you do your porridge in the microwave?"
    "No I do my porridge in the saucepan, it makes it more [something]"
    "Oh, I love porridge from a saucepan, it's much nicer than porridge from the microwave"
    And so on.
    JESUS, shut up and stop saying porridge :mad: :pac:

Oh this porridge is too bitter.... But this one is too sweet... Oh but this one is just right! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement