Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Wtf is deep vein camel toe?
    Ask your Doctor eisy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I think (and I could be wrong) that the "skinny" is a reference to the effect they have on you. That they make you look skinnier by making the legs look longer and therefore narrower. In fact, I think that is why people (especially guys) who have super skinny legs look a little silly in them.

And the arse of the jeans down to their knees, pull them the f**k up, ya little scruff, (I must be getting old)
    unless ya just mugged someone, then you cant run in them,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Selous apparently the waistband of yer jeans at yer hoop comes from Us Prisons because belts are not provided to inmates. Dunno if it's true or not but would make sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The Ward Union thinking they are above the law and avoiding prosecution for illegal stag hunts since 2010. Oh wait....did someone say trivial?? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

They're my rape proof jeans. You practically need to oil yourself up to get into them, even harder to get off. I like the boyfriend style jeans much better.

My TA is being unable to tell when chicken is cooked properly because it does look pink ugh

• Advertisement

ONW don't get me started on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

So if they run they fall down quicker, ahh, down there for dancing, smart Americans....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm having an MRI of my brain next Monday and am a bit worried about that for various reasons. On the plus side, I'm going to see about getting a Cheshire Cat tattoo on the scar tissue under my arm while I'm in Galway for the MRI.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU41gqtDZnUfqG9acSsudHriQHMoH33CvP1n__EVCNC0xPZQAcnA

The tattoo would be a lot like this one but without words.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

People who keep sniffing instead of just blowing their noses and being done with it. What the f.uck is wrong with them? Are the trying to save their snot for some reason? Should be f.ucking well shot.

Twice.
    In the head.
    Just to be sure.
    I usually have lunch early, and often have our small kitchen/canteen area to myself. I did this as usual today, was reading, and these two women sit at the table next to me. OK so far, except, they talk incessantly about the most inane bollox possible.
    Today's subject was porridge. A conversation went on for approx. 5 minutes about porridge. Right next to me.
    "Do you eat porridge in the morning?"
    " I do, I do my porridge in the microwave, do you do your porridge in the microwave?"
    "No I do my porridge in the saucepan, it makes it more [something]"
    "Oh, I love porridge from a saucepan, it's much nicer than porridge from the microwave"
    And so on.
    JESUS, shut up and stop saying porridge :mad: :pac:

Does it ever happen to anyone else that they hear a word too many times in a short space of time and it loses all meaning? Porridge. Do I sit on it, do I wash myself with it, what is porridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

People buying a pup, putting no effort in for 6 years so they have an uncontrollable dog on their hands, then deciding to get rid of the dog because its an inconvenience and they can't be bothered to do anything to remedy the situation. I could weep about the mentality that a large portion of our poulation have towards dog ownership

• Advertisement

Twice.
    In the head.
    Just to be sure.

Does it ever happen to anyone else that they hear a word too many times in a short space of time and it loses all meaning? Porridge. Do I sit on it, do I wash myself with it, what is porridge?

:eek:

This!! I thought it was just me! I actually thought every time that happened I was having some kind of micro stroke because the words never really seem to come back. Sometimes I will say the word after and then think, "Oh God....is that a word?" :( I can't believe someone else has this too!

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

YES! This was very much one of those occasions.
    Something similar that also annoys me, when people overuse your name, finishing every sentence with it. Is it just me or is it a bit weird?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...Something similar that also annoys me, when people overuse your name, finishing every sentence with it. Is it just me or is it a bit weird?

This is subtly insulting, as if they're making sure you won't think they're talking to someone over your shoulder, or at their Star Trek communicator, while they're looking directly at you while making those strange meat-flapping noises you humans use to communicate. On the exceedingly rare occasions when a condescending prick does that to me I have a very strong urge to take their head off with a roundhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Colser wrote: »
    Ask your Doctor eisy:D

I am a doctor!!

I never heard of it, but maybe it has something to do with humping camels:D

Dr E Deep Vein Thrombosis of the Labia Majora ( aka lady parts )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Dr E Deep Vein Thrombosis of the Labial Majora

A.k.a. the wonderfully Shakespearean Flapclot! :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    A.k.a. the wonderfully Shakespearean Flapclot! :pac:

E is doctor I was trying to post in doctor speak ;)

Vel wrote: »
    People buying a pup, putting no effort in for 6 years so they have an uncontrollable dog on their hands, then deciding to get rid of the dog because its an inconvenience and they can't be bothered to do anything to remedy the situation. I could weep about the mentality that a large portion of our poulation have towards dog ownership

If that is the recent thread on a dog chasing other animals, I bowed out of that one because I became fairly sure the owner just wanted the poor thing PTS and was working around to that the whole time. All that rubbish about the vet saying he should be euthanaised and he is a "hunter" etc. I don't believe any of it. It should have been called "Irresponsible owner seeks absolution for f.ucking up dog and then wanting him disposed of" :(

YES! This was very much one of those occasions.
    Something similar that also annoys me, when people overuse your name, finishing every sentence with it. Is it just me or is it a bit weird?

Drives me mad. Really patronising or something.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I am a doctor!!

I never heard of it, but maybe it has something to do with humping camels:D

Where is my empty presctiption pad, I need all the steroid cream or ointment I can get my hands on. The oul eczema is being a b*tch. :pac:

• Advertisement

Drives me mad. Really patronising or something.
    I hate this too..Car salesmen do it all the time and its very annoying..Too buddy buddy or something.

TA now every time I post something risky and then I see that Boom Bap has posted, I get a little jolt of fear thinking I am being warned or infracted. Boo....... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

TA 1: it's very windy and there's a shutter banging somewhere. It sounds like it's from my house, it must be. But I've checked all windows and doors and they're all shut tightly. It's driving me mad.

TA 2: My hoover packed in, my house is filthy and I'm going to have to spend my fun-money on a hoover. (Sadly, I'm actually looking forward to a nice new one, can't wait to do a good clean. TA'd that I've been reduced to this!)

TA 3: Found a nice hoover online, all ready to buy it when I realised that today's only the 24th and I don't get paid till tomorrow. (More than TA'd that after 20+ years of work I still have to wait till payday to buy stuff because I've no money in my account!)

+1
    TA 2: My hoover packed in, my house is filthy and I'm going to have to spend my fun-money on a hoover. (Sadly, I'm actually looking forward to a nice new one, can't wait to do a good clean. TA'd that I've been reduced to this!)

I got all excited about a new cordless bag free hoover being advertised and told my Hubby all about it. *Sigh* I'm officially an auld wan

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Where is my empty presctiption pad, I need all the steroid cream or ointment I can get my hands on. The oul eczema is being a b*tch. :pac:
    Send me on a few if you wangle them off him,I gave 50e to my doc again yesterday and I can honestly say that in the 13 yrs Im going to him I have NEVER seen another person paying:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am on the steroid cream for psoriasis. Itchy as fck if I dont use that cream a few times a week.

When I was diagnosed I asked the doctor with hopefull puppy dog eyes "how long will it take this cream to cure the psoriasis"?
    "You will never be cured" was her abrupt and earth shattering answer. The horror. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TA now every time I post something risky and then I see that Boom Bap has posted, I get a little jolt of fear thinking I am being warned or infracted. Boo....... :mad:

Booooooooooo indeed. :(
    JanaMay wrote: »
    TA 1: it's very windy and there's a shutter banging somewhere. It sounds like it's from my house, it must be. But I've checked all windows and doors and they're all shut tightly. It's driving me mad.

TA 3: Found a nice hoover online, all ready to buy it when I realised that today's only the 24th and I don't get paid till tomorrow. (More than TA'd that after 20+ years of work I still have to wait till payday to buy stuff because I've no money in my account!)

My missus thinks I'm mad, our hoover jacked in a while ago and I brought it back to the shop for replacement. I must have been in there comparing specs for about 40 minutes and getting the staff to run around to find manuals and harassing for discounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

When your get a message in your pm inbox - I always thinks it's going to be an infraction (80% of the time it is)

efb wrote: »
    When your get a message in your pm inbox - I always thinks it's going to be an infraction (80% of the time it is)

I always assume it is a Pm. Love getting them.
    Was wrongly infracted once and nearly closed my account at the horror. But getting a PM 'alert' from a thread that you followed in 2008 is a bit annoying.

• Advertisement

I'm having an MRI of my brain next Monday and am a bit worried about that for various reasons. On the plus side, I'm going to see about getting a Cheshire Cat tattoo on the scar tissue under my arm while I'm in Galway for the MRI.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU41gqtDZnUfqG9acSsudHriQHMoH33CvP1n__EVCNC0xPZQAcnA

The tattoo would be a lot like this one but without words.:D

Good luck with tlhe MRI

If that is the recent thread on a dog chasing other animals, I bowed out of that one because I became fairly sure the owner just wanted the poor thing PTS and was working around to that the whole time. All that rubbish about the vet saying he should be euthanaised and he is a "hunter" etc. I don't believe any of it. It should have been called "Irresponsible owner seeks absolution for f.ucking up dog and then wanting him disposed of" :(

I don't buy half of it. Suddenley there is a very serious illness mentioned which is dropped in to try to make anyone feel bad for saying anything negative. The poor dog and sadly there are many more in similar circumstances with muppet 'owners'. Doesn't have the 'energy' to erect a couple of baby gates :rolleyes: I don't know why people come on seeking advice when it is clear that they have already made up their minds what they are going to do. I'd imagine the only reason she posted was in the hope that someone would see the thread and offer to take the dog off her hands:mad:

Was wrongly infracted once and nearly closed my account at the horror. But getting a PM 'alert' from a thread that you followed in 2008 is a bit annoying.

I rarely get pm's some are nice and some are queries about medical procedures I had/will have and the poster looking for advice /reassurance which makes me feel useful and helpful

I get infractions from time to time (I always think they're bs but the mod is just doing their job)

When you have to wait for a toilet cubicle to become free and you know the person who eventually comes out and you have to do a little awkward chat all the while knowing why you are both in there. And then you have to sit on a seat that has been warmed by their a*se.

Dr E Deep Vein Thrombosis of the Labia Majora ( aka lady parts )

Is that in the Balaeric Islands?

• Advertisement

Dr E yes just off the coast of Ibiza ;) near lesbos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,650 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just being bloody cold and with the only available heat, not being able to do anything about it until mid-April :mad:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Is that in the Balaeric Islands?

Laurence of my Labia

(awful film)

efb wrote: »
    Laurence of my Labia

(awful film)

roftl

It is en route, in the meantime, apply a bread poultice. And don't call again without an appointment.

Another TA, sick people annoying me with their little problems. Coughing and spluttering all over my reasonably clean surgery.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Yes, especially if you have just met them, or they have seen your name on a form, or you have given your name on a phone call. Stop it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Giving that simpleton of a vet 85 euro for him to tell me the dog pulled a muscle and to give him calpol. Now I have to bring him to another vet tonight for a real diagnosis.

That face though :(
    http://tinypic.com/r/14twjg6/8

Giving that simpleton of a vet 85 euro for him to tell me the dog pulled a muscle and to give him calpol. Now I have to bring him to another vet tonight for a real diagnosis.

That face though :(
    http://tinypic.com/r/14twjg6/8

What a cutiepie

TA by Thick fookers who can't understand basic directions. Where I work is a little out of the way most people ring and understand the basic directions I give time but there's always one thicko who doesn't understand and you have guide over the phone to the front door.

When you engage in a quick check to make sure your fly isn't undone and someone sees you do it.

TA that after weeks of being very quiet at work I am now about to get busy and stressed again. But am not mentally ready for that change.
    I just want to go back to bed. :)

I want a duvet day. A day to myself where I can turn the heating up full and take to the couch with my duvet and watch an entire box set. I want a cooler box on the floor beside me filled with ice and two bottles of white wine. Viewing will only be interrupted to throw a pizza in the oven or fill up a plate with cheese and crackers. Doze off then at around 9pm. Bliss.

....requests 1 day annual leave... :P

TA by Thick fookers who can't understand basic directions. Where I work is a little out of the way most people ring and understand the basic directions I give time but there's always one thicko who doesn't understand and you have guide over the phone to the front door.
    :o:o:o Sounds like me,Im hopeless at directions.Even when Im staying in a hotel I can never find my way to and from the bedroom,drives OH mad:pac:

I want a duvet day. A day to myself where I can turn the heating up full and take to the couch with my duvet and watch an entire box set. I want a cooler box on the floor beside me filled with ice and two bottles of white wine. Viewing will only be interrupted to throw a pizza in the oven or fill up a plate with cheese and crackers. Doze off then at around 9pm. Bliss.

....requests 1 day annual leave... :P

Sounds like heaven, Can I come over ? Added bonus dogs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Colser wrote: »
    :o:o:o Sounds like me,Im hopeless at directions.Even when Im staying in a hotel I can never find my way to and from the bedroom,drives OH mad:pac:

Me too, I feel my eyes glaze over when someone is giving me directions. After the first sentence all I hear is blah blah blah, yet I nod and agree as if I'm listening. A TA of mine is I still have trouble distinguishing left from right. I dread anyone asking me for directions. I will know right well where somewhere is, but I won't be able to tell you, and I have to look at my hands to see which is left or right to tell them which turn to take. I have to try remember when you hold up your left hand, your thumb and index finger make an L shape. I'd say I've made people wish they had never bothered asking me !

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement