Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Jake1 wrote: »
    YES!!! exactly, i was picturing Bjorn and Bennie from Abba :(:(

Oops, I thought it was a toss up (no pun there) between Gary Glitter and Marc Bolan:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    An electrocuted Barney waving a glitter hard on, most likely wearing flight socks and carrying a Nolans bag, as he coughs and splutters his way onto the luas with a giant bag on his back that he swings around hitting people on the head with :D

...and who chews with his mouth open, making revolting noises. And who smells like onions, farts and wee wee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

gurl88 wrote: »
    Christmas cards with glitter on them

Careful. You don't know what might pop up when you open them...

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

People who, when their opinions are criticized, claim that they are being censored or that their free-speech is being attacked.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    ...and who chews with his mouth open, making revolting noises. And who smells like onions, farts and wee wee.

Sounds like such a catch! :P

People who, when their opinions are criticized, claim that they are being censored or that their free-speech is being attacked.

You shouldn't say things like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Some people confuse the right to say their piece with the right to have said piece accepted as the Truth of Truths in spite of them being as thick as bottled pigshít and their opinions being demonstrably a load of old piffle and meballacks. That's democracy for you. :pac:

Or that they are being discriminated against. This one really wrecks my head. They might be experiencing unfair treatment but to be discriminated against, it has to be based on one of (I think) seven grounds such as membership of the travelling community, sexual orientation, marital status etc. You can't just say "I am being discriminated against" because someone does something you don't like. It's up there with "I know my rights" - well clearly you don't?!

In fact, people's ignorance in general trivially annoys me.

Or that they are being discriminated against. This one really wrecks my head. They might be experiencing unfair treatment but to be discriminated against, it has to be based on one of (I think) seven grounds such as membership of the travelling community, sexual orientation, marital status etc. You can't just say "I am being discriminated against" because someone does something you don't like. It's up there with "I know my rights" - well clearly you don't?!

In fact, people's ignorance in general trivially annoys me.

Tell me, is it illegal yet to discriminate against galvanised leatherin' fcukan eejits?? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

When you go to the kitchen in work to make a cuppa and someone else is in the process of making one. Despite declining their kind offer to make you a cup, these wannabe Mrs. Doyles keep persisting until they have all but wrestled your cup from your hand and made a cup for you. I don't want your grubby mitts anywhere near my cup and you can't make tea for sh1t. Why couldn't you just let me make my own?

And don't get me going on the people who offer you sweets from the various tins around the office and when you refuse they put them on your desk anyway, mainly to make themselves feel better that they don't have the willpower to stop gorging themselves on Quality Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Vel wrote: »
    When you go to the kitchen to make a cuppa and someone else is in the process of making one. Despite declining their kind offer to make you a cup, these wannabe Mrs. Doyles keep persisting until they have all but wrestled your cup from your hand and made a cup for you. I don't want your grubby mitts anywhere near my cup and you can't make tea for sh1t. Why couldn't you just let me make my own?

And don't get me going on the people who offer you sweets from the various tins around the office and when you refuse they put them on your desk anyway, mainly to make themselves feel better that they don't have the willpower to stop gorging themselves on Quality Street.

I know I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but sweets in trays without wrapping (e.g. Dairy box) are not really suitable for offices. Especially offices where people with questionable hygiene work. I've a suspicion one of my colleague paws all the sweets before choosing one. He deliberates over the "map" on the box for ages.

Not to mention all the coughing and spluttering going on around us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just noticed they changed this thread to TTTAY part 27. When did it change from 44? Is nothing sacred. Can I no longer rely on anything in this life having a semblance of consistency?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Vel wrote: »
    When you go to the kitchen in work to make a cuppa and someone else is in the process of making one. Despite declining their kind offer to make you a cup, these wannabe Mrs. Doyles keep persisting until they have all but wrestled your cup from your hand and made a cup for you. I don't want your grubby mitts anywhere near my cup and you can't make tea for sh1t. Why couldn't you just let me make my own? .

Just say 'thanks!', tip it away , wash cup and make it your proper way!

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Just say 'thanks!', tip it away , wash cup and make it your proper way!

And wait for the poster who is annoyed at having done a good deed, in their eyes, of making tea for a colleague only for the ungrateful prig to toss it away and make their own.

Just noticed they changed this thread to TTTAY part 27. When did it change from 44? Is nothing sacred. Can I no longer rely on anything in this life having a semblance of consistency?

The mods know it annoys us, that's why they keep doing it :(

• Advertisement

The mods know it annoys us, that's why they keep doing it :(

In that case, regardless of the myriad of complaints on boards about them, I think the Mods are very good at what they do.

I still haven't got confirmation of my good news

Tick tock....

In that case, regardless of the myriad of complaints on boards about them, I think the Mods are very good at what they do.

Absolutely. If they were any better I couldn't bear it! :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    Absolutely. If they were any better I couldn't bear it! :D

Yes, annoying isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

People unaware of the volume of their voice, and the environment they're in.

Like this fella beside me, shoutin' all over the shop while I can't hear a thing.

• Advertisement

I still haven't got confirmation of my good news

Tick tock....

This reminds me of when Mrs E buys a new coat, I try to guess how many questions her mother will ask before she finally ask the all important question.

"oh Lovely, where did you buy it?, is that the only colour they had? did you buy anything to go with it? is it the shop where so and so bought such and such? was it in a sale? was the girl nice? Ok lets cut to the chase, how much was the fuucken coat?":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

8 euro for a bowl of soup and a bottle of water. Dafuq

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    This reminds me of when Mrs E buys a new coat, I try to guess how many questions her mother will ask before she finally ask the all important question.

"oh Lovely, where did you buy it?, is that the only colour they had? did you buy anything to go with it? is it the shop where so and so bought such and such? was it in a sale? was the girl nice? Ok lets cut to the chase, how much was the fuucken coat?":D

I've a brother like that. Everything has to be twenty questions. You can't just tell him, "Oh I saw such and such today" because he will practically take out a notebook and start writing down answers to questions. What were they wearing? Where exactly was it? What did they say? So much so that now if something happens and he asks if I was there I just cut him off and say I wasn't, because I don't want to be interrogated.

And people queing for houses.

Yes it appears our time travel experiment was a success...we've gone back to 2006 :)

Cauliflower soup no less, the hack of it too

Here is a tip for you. A flask, and a visit to Lidl or Aldi for a few tins of soup, and a six pack of water.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

The two round abouts at Mallow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

TAs me that people in a higher position in work than me can't even spell properly. Important person in our company sends an official, company-wide email and the body of the email contains two spelling mistakes, two blatant grammatical errors while the subject uses an apostrophe to indicate plural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I know I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but sweets in trays without wrapping (e.g. Dairy box) are not really suitable for offices. Especially offices where people with questionable hygiene work. I've a suspicion one of my colleague paws all the sweets before choosing one. He deliberates over the "map" on the box for ages.

Not to mention all the coughing and spluttering going on around us.

That just made me laugh, and I don't know why! I know exactly what you mean though. Life changing decision, which sweet to have :D.
    I agree re unwrapped sweets, ugh.

danrua01 wrote: »

Like this fella beside me, shoutin' all over the shop while I can't hear a thing.

Oh I can't bear loud people.
    I was in the supermarket earlier, and I thought the woman talking to her child, at the far end of the shop, had to have a microphone, she was so bloody loud. Everything was at TOP VOLUME.
    Why, just why?

• Advertisement

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I was in the supermarket earlier, and I thought the woman talking to her child, at the far end of the shop, had to have a microphone, she was so bloody loud. Everything was at TOP VOLUME.
    Why, just why?

Much like this lady at a cafe on Sunday... twas her and a friend, her friend didn't say a word in half an hour. THE lady, however, went on and on and on and on about everything and anything. Someone died last week, that I know. Someone's getting paid too much, that I know!

What was worse was at one point she gave off about people gossiping, and said "like, me and you would NEVER do that!". No, but you WILL shout about everything in a public place.

Why, just why?

Loud parents = Loud kids

I was in a shop the other day looking at some tropical fish, all nice n peaceful, till this one comes along with the four year old "OH FIACRA, LOOK, LOOK AT THE FISHIES, CAN YOU SEE THE FISHIES, OH WHAT LOVELY FISHIES"

I would have loved to stuff her in the tanks and lock the lid.

"LOOK FIACRA, LOOK AT THE FAT WOMAN WITH THE BLUE FACE BLOWING BUBBLES, LOOK, AW, THE BUBBLES HAVE STOPPED, LETS GO LOOK AT THE ICKLE BUNNIES"

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

danrua01 wrote: »

In a similar vein...babies screaming and crying on the bus. Especially when you just finished an exhausting day at work.

Having to decide between one treat on payday because I promised someone I would start saving money and not spend all my wages on Wednesday. Yesterday I found http://tinypic.com/r/2n838xv/8 <-- these. In my size. But today I found an orange jumpsuit. The sheer stress of trying to make a decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It must be terrible to stabbed/shot and outside of Limerick, the doctors in other hospitals would not have clue what to do with you, right?. As far as getting a bus in Limerick, no more safe/dangerous than a lot of places.

There are lots of lovely, decent and normal people living and working in Limerick. It's just that sometimes when you get a bus to or from the regional hospital, you get some very odd and often scary forms of human life that most of us aren't used to and tbh don't want to get used to. The last time I went to the regional there were 3 guys who were like a form of pond life, clearly out of it on drugs and discussing how long a prison sentence one of them was likely to get at his upcoming court appearance. I couldn't wait to get off the bus.

That just made me laugh, and I don't know why! I know exactly what you mean though. Life changing decision, which sweet to have :D.
    I agree re unwrapped sweets, ugh.

I would approach this one with caution. I actually did learn one of my major lessons in life via the sweet approach. I was very young at the time and it really stuck with me. I remember with such clarity. We went to a local supermarket carpark to see Santa arriving in his helicopter. No fancy grottos and presents in the 80's! He was throwing out sweets to the kids and there was a mad rush for them. Being an oversized, brutish kn*cker child, I was able to grab two. One was a despicable marzipan/brazil nut abomination, more the kind of sweet to be gotten over and done with. The other was a magical, creamy, caramel/chocolate creation. A dream of a sweet really. So, my little six year old self decided to delay gratification and eat the bad one first so that I could save the best for last. Just as soon as I began to endure the first one, my litte five year old friend came running over, crying her heart out. She'd been pretty much trampled in the melee for sweets and had come away empty handed. She was a dainty little thing, she didn't have the scaldy, fierce-looking advantage that I had. Me there with a gob full of marzipan and a big clunky sweet in my hand - I'd no choice but to give her the one I had. So, I learned very young to eat the good chocolate first. Don't delay gratification because chances are it'll be taken off you before you've a chance to really enjoy it.

Why, just why?

So that people can overhear her noveau parenting.

Loud parents = Loud kids

I was in a shop the other day looking at some tropical fish, all nice n peaceful, till this one comes along with the four year old "OH FIACRA, LOOK, LOOK AT THE FISHIES, CAN YOU SEE THE FISHIES, OH WHAT LOVELY FISHIES"

I would have loved to stuff her in the tanks and lock the lid.

"LOOK FIACRA, LOOK AT THE FAT WOMAN WITH THE BLUE FACE BLOWING BUBBLES, LOOK, AW, THE BUBBLES HAVE STOPPED, LETS GO LOOK AT THE ICKLE BUNNIES"

I think she's the same bint who petrified my dog shouting, "LOOK AT THE BOW WOW!!!".

Thanks for getting rid of her! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Those Rudolph things people are putting on their cars....

Now, don't 'Bah Humbug' me!

I'm not against Christmas decorations, music, ambiance, getting into the spirit and all that. The house is like Santa's grotto at the moment, the lights are up outside and I'm looking forward to my presents and turkey.

Personally, I draw the line at decorating the car but whatever works for you.

But these things are just stupid and they don't even look like what they are supposed to.

They don't make your car look like Rudolph (no not even in an ironic way) and after a few weeks of winter weather a lot of them are already looking dirty, tatty and sorry for themselves.

They just look silly and make their owners look like a mug for paying whatever they paid for them.

• Advertisement

Flyer28 wrote: »

I'm not against Christmas decorations, music, ambiance, getting into the spirit and all that. The house is like Santa's grotto at the moment, the lights are up outside and I'm looking forward to my presents and turkey.

But these things are just stupid and they don't even look like what they are supposed to.

They don't make your car look like Rudolph (no not even in an ironic way) and after a few weeks of winter weather a lot of them are already looking dirty, tatty and sorry for themselves.

They just look silly and make their owners look like a mug for paying whatever they paid for them.

100% agree. next yoke i see with them, i'm stealin them ears

I suspect that they're bought by the same people who drive around with as many county flags as possible hanging out of their cars during hurling season. It's just something to have stuck to the car. Maybe they have some sort of defect that makes them need the sound of fluttering on the car. Awful things, the reindeer antlers and car flags.

So that people can overhear her noveau parenting.

Yeah, they would have had no problem hearing her, that is FOR SURE...
    WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE FOR TEA, OH YES, LETS GET THAT... Etc.

Shut Up!

Agreed.
    Only one car on our street has them, but they are idiots, so I'm not surprised. I've never noticed the stupid looking things before this year.

..."LOOK FIACRA, LOOK AT THE FAT WOMAN WITH THE BLUE FACE BLOWING BUBBLES, LOOK, AW, THE BUBBLES HAVE STOPPED, LETS GO LOOK AT THE ICKLE BUNNIES"

:):):) Ah Cheeses shtop biy... :)

Agreed.
    Only one car on our street has them, but they are idiots, so I'm not surprised. I've never noticed the stupid looking things before this year.

They don't really bother me, oddly enough. Now, people going around with the red nose-thing still on the grille in February... Grrr...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Spuds that were like bullets a couple of minutes ago, disintegrating into a mushy heap:'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

An electrocuted Barney waving a glitter hard on, most likely wearing flight socks and carrying a Nolans bag, as he coughs and splutters his way onto the luas with a giant bag on his back that he swings around hitting people on the head with :D

If ever a post needed thanking more than once. This was it.

The bug going around at the moment, **** it

jimgoose wrote: »
    They don't really bother me, oddly enough. Now, people going around with the red nose-thing still on the grille in February... Grrr...

Thinking about it, it's probably because of who has them on the street here, that they are trivially annoying to me :p

73Cat wrote: »
    Spuds that were like bullets a couple of minutes ago, disintegrating into a mushy heap:'(

I've been chopping them up even smaller than usual to try to avoid them turning to a pot of mush for the past few weeks. Can't move far from the cooker or they disintegrate.:mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement