Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

73Cat wrote: »
    Me too, I feel my eyes glaze over when someone is giving me directions. After the first sentence all I hear is blah blah blah, yet I nod and agree as if I'm listening. A TA of mine is I still have trouble distinguishing left from right. I dread anyone asking me for directions. I will know right well where somewhere is, but I won't be able to tell you, and I have to look at my hands to see which is left or right to tell them which turn to take. I have to try remember when you hold up your left hand, your thumb and index finger make an L shape. I'd say I've made people wish they had never bothered asking me !

That's actually pretty common. I always felt like a dope not knowing my lefts from my rights (again look at my hands) but in work I ask people to use their left/right hands to stretch for me during threading and so many people get mixer up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I want a duvet day. A day to myself where I can turn the heating up full and take to the couch with my duvet and watch an entire box set. I want a cooler box on the floor beside me filled with ice and two bottles of white wine. Viewing will only be interrupted to throw a pizza in the oven or fill up a plate with cheese and crackers. Doze off then at around 9pm. Bliss.

....requests 1 day annual leave... :P

The last three times I've decided to take a 'lost day' - drop everyone off, town for a fry, walk/swim it off on Curracloe, 'nice' lunch and cinema for the afternoon before collecting everybody at hometime none-the-wiser - something has come up. So I've ended up minding a pukey daughter or running around town on errands. So annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

73Cat wrote: »
    Me too, I feel my eyes glaze over when someone is giving me directions. After the first sentence all I hear is blah blah blah, yet I nod and agree as if I'm listening.

I'm the same.

I also get into a mad panic when someone stops me for directions. Start getting the left and right mixed up and just generally getting myself in an awful flap. I've sent a good few people the wrong way unintentionally. Now I tend to tell them to go straight ahead and ask the next person they see :D

I stopped once to help a group of lost looking tourists pouring over a map. Big mistake. I just couldn't place them on the map, nor where they were looking for. I eventually had to stop someone else walking past to help them :rolleyes: I stood with them for a couple of seconds while this guy helped them to get their bearings and then realising my uselessness to the situation silently slunk away like a usless pr1ck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The last three times I've decided to take a 'lost day' - drop everyone off, town for a fry, walk/swim it off on Curracloe, 'nice' lunch and cinema for the afternoon before collecting everybody at hometime none-the-wiser - something has come up. So I've ended up minding a pukey daughter or running around town on errands. So annoying.

Reminds me to book a 'me' day off soon.
    Sleep in. Head to Rathgar for breakfast and newspaper.
    In to town.
    Wander around the shops. Lunch in powerscourt. Pint sitting outside the Bailey- watch the world go bye for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

What ya did wrong there was telling your OH you were taking the day off ;)
    Trigger 16th March is my next lost day :)

Reminds me to book a 'me' day off soon.
    Sleep in. Head to Rathgar for breakfast and newspaper.
    In to town.
    Wander around the shops. Lunch in powerscourt. Pint sitting outside the Bailey- watch the world go bye for a long time.

Sure, you'd have to once in a while - it's restorative!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Repetition.

Going....slowly....insane.......

:(

MsBubbles wrote: »
    What ya did wrong there was telling your OH you were taking the day off ;)
    Trigger 16th March is my next lost day :)

That's the thing - I always keep schtum but it's like she has a sixth sense for when I'm planning any kind of frivolity and steps in to nip it in the bud.

Is there some sort of bug going? I am in a hape. Wrote off. only came on me (hurrhurr) really quick

• Advertisement

Repetition.

Repetition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Is there some sort of bug going? I am in a hape. Wrote off. only came on me (hurrhurr) really quick
    Yes there is a serious dose of workitis doing the rounds..Ive had it since last week:(

Repetition.

Repetition.

Repetition.

Colser wrote: »
    Yes there is a serious dose of workitis doing the rounds..Ive had it since last week:(

Well I didn't get it from working anyway, I'm laying in a treatment room covered up trying to keep warm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

A girl just said "I literally LOL'D when you sent that to me" next to me in work

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My department has recently moved to another part of the office, really quiet part and with windows!
    Someone just came over to us to ask us how we are settling in. He also said to the only girl on the team 'you must not be used to people coming in from behind' :eek:

He had to explain himself quickly that it was due to the new seating arrangement that there is activity behind her that she cannot see.

Having to select "English" on ATMs and websites. I really resent all those wasted seconds.

Cormac... wrote: »
    A girl just said "I literally LOL'D when you sent that to me" next to me in work

FFS.

When you impart information to someone as part of your job and they say, "are you sure?" - f.ucking red mist. Yes. I get paid to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Roll out the red carpet :) I'm back! :)

my annoyance.
    when people younger than me are serving me and call me love!

when I'm serving someone and they say good girl'

Jesus Christ, I'm thirty-fecking-five.

THIRTY-FIVE!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

No-one sends youngfellas to the nearest Irish equivalent of Harrow or West Point to have them with a load of fcukan shams. This is one of these "realities" that some people keep bleating about! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

jimgoose wrote: »
    No-one sends youngfellas to the nearest Irish equivalent of Harrow or West Point to have them with a load of fcukan shams. This is one of these "realities" that some people keep bleating about! :)

CBS Clonmel != (Harrow || West Point). IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

YES! This was very much one of those occasions.
    Something similar that also annoys me, when people overuse your name, finishing every sentence with it. Is it just me or is it a bit weird?

When I met my ex's brother and sis I law for the first time, the sil used mine and her name at the end of every sentence drove me nuts, then when she turned to the hubby and ended the sentence with DaDa I nearly slid under the table biting my lip, my Ex had never noticed it before till I pointed it out, How the F**k not??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    CBS Clonmel != (Harrow || West Point). IMHO.

Yes, obviously I know that. But in the absence of Blackrock College it'll have to do! :)

JanaMay wrote: »

TA 2: My hoover packed in, my house is filthy and I'm going to have to spend my fun-money on a hoover. (Sadly, I'm actually looking forward to a nice new one, can't wait to do a good clean. TA'd that I've been reduced to this!)

TA 3: Found a nice hoover online, all ready to buy it when I realised that today's only the 24th and I don't get paid till tomorrow. (More than TA'd that after 20+ years of work I still have to wait till payday to buy stuff because I've no money in my account!)

The more "air watts" the better the cleaning, not power watts eg, 1800, 2000.
    I bought a Bosch 2 months ago, flippin thing is so powerful it sticks itself to the wall, (such a bloke eh?) oh, it also cleans the floors.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

When you impart information to someone as part of your job and they say, "are you sure?" - f.ucking red mist. Yes. I get paid to be sure.

Followed closely, in my personal favourites by 'you could be right' :mad:..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Followed closely, in my personal favourites by 'you could be right' :mad:..

And followed very closely by "I thought so". OH REALLY?? WHY DID YOU FÚCKING ASK ME THEN??

This crack of blaring **** ****ing music on the train. ****ing smokie, are you for real? Ugh I'll make him eat those headphones before my stop if he doesn't turn it down

Mrs Happy got the red luas line today. After all the stories I have reading here I was TA that the only oddity she saw was two lads drinking on it.....at 8:30am.

The price of diesel sneaking up again, or is sneaking the wrong word, flying, maybe better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Giving that simpleton of a vet 85 euro for him to tell me the dog pulled a muscle and to give him calpol. Now I have to bring him to another vet tonight for a real diagnosis.

That face though :(
    http://tinypic.com/r/14twjg6/8

Gorgeous dog Lexie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Sorry can't quote! Pumpkinseeds, alcohol and chocolate sound perfect right about now!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭B00056718

Trying to spread some cold butter on the toast.

Must be the reason, I haven't given up smoking yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

selous wrote: »
    The more "air watts" the better the cleaning, not power watts eg, 1800, 2000.
    I bought a Bosch 2 months ago, flippin thing is so powerful it sticks itself to the wall, (such a bloke eh?) oh, it also cleans the floors.:D

I've been looking at the Hoover freejet 3 in 1, just going on price and user reviews on Amazon. I need bagless and cordless but can't afford the other ones I saw. I have no idea what 'air watts' are. TA'd that I've made an OT post. :o

TAd at this fad of brides and grooms being photographed in, what are in my opinion, silly settings! Recently saw a couple with him inside a colourful ice cream van serving an ice cream to her outside the van! Saw another where the bride and groom have been snapped weighing out loose sweets on an old style weighing scales behind the counter of a sweet shop! Wtf like?! I know weddings are all about the bride and groom having fun on their big day but some of these photos are just pure silly!

ratmouse wrote: »
    TAd at this fad of brides and grooms being photographed in, what are in my opinion, silly settings! Recently saw a couple with him inside a colourful ice cream van serving an ice cream to her outside the van! Saw another where the bride and groom have been snapped weighing out loose sweets on an old style weighing scales behind the counter of a sweet shop! Wtf like?! I know weddings are all about the bride and groom having fun on their big day but some of these photos are just pure silly!

Weddings seem to be a great excuse for people to lose all sense of taste.
    I look back on my own and really hope that it was within reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AlteredStates

Sequels eg Things that have part 27 labelled in them

Weddings seem to be a great excuse for people to lose all sense of taste.
    I look back on my own and really hope that it was within reason!

Trigger, that is the perfect way to describe what weddings seem to stand for these days - an excuse for people to lose all sense of taste! With your permission, I will be using this description henceforth when TAd at any type of wedding nonsense!

ratmouse wrote: »
    Trigger, that is the perfect way to describe what weddings seem to stand for these days - an excuse for people to lose all sense of taste! With your permission, I will be using this description henceforth when TAd at any type of wedding nonsense!

Granted with pleasure!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AlteredStates

U need 50 posts in boards or is it 30 to be part of boards society

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Mrs Happy got the red luas line today. After all the stories I have reading here I was TA that the only oddity she saw was two lads drinking on it.....at 8:30am.

On my on the way home from work at 16:30 and junkies were dealing right beside me for half the trip. Not a flying **** was given by themselves or anyone else. The torture of having to listen to them trying to string their mobile phone numbers together in a sentence to each other over and over was painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

TA: it's not the weekend yet....this must be far and away the longest week I've put down in ages:(

TA I'm trying this healthy eating thing. Today I had chicken that I boiled and couldn't eat because I was worried I didn't cook it fully. So this evening I decided to make stuffed peppers for dinner. Was thinking make 4, 2 each. Grand. Got home at 9. Started cooking. They're ready after 10, and all I could eat was 1/2 a pepper. Then the dog that seems to have made a Lazarus type recovery is standing with his paws on top of me, slapping me for eating and not sharing. :( gway I'll feed you in a minute :( raging now they were lovely and all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The idiots, who for months were driving into our yard to pull rings, are back except now we have a heavy gate so they're pulling rings outside the gate. Ugh go away and let us sleep!

Plank of wood outside the gate with a rake of nails sticking out of it will soften their cough

• Advertisement

KatW4 wrote: »
    The idiots, who for months were driving into our yard to pull rings, are back except now we have a heavy gate so they're pulling rings outside the gate. Ugh go away and let us sleep!

Pull rings?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Pull rings?

Doughnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

My 3 year old has come over to our bed & will not go back asleep. So now I'm wide awake. Opened the window as I'm too warm & the friggen birds are singing outside. Sigh.. not going to be a fun day tomorrow.

KatW4 wrote: »
    eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Doughnuts

Doing doughnuts in your yard Kat? Would you not call the gardai on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Morning TTAYERs. Lexie bring the pepper into work for lunch
    26 god love ya. That's awful. Nothing worse than dheads waking you up .

Samsgirl :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement