Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When you get out of a really nice warm bed first thing, and the window in the bedroom is open, the window in the en suite is open, the window in the kitchen is open. But it's cold :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Cats in bedroom last night. Woke at 05:00 to the unmistakable smell of you know what. Cats will never be in bedroom again.

I still can't believe that a smell can actually be bad enough to wake someone.

Had to wash, yes wash hairdryer and then couldn't use it because it was wet and there was a fear of electrocution. F.ucking electocute the shítty bástards with it. Used a cráp hairdryer instead. Now have frizzy hair.

Also, having to relive the horror when my Dad asked why I was walking out of the bathroom with said hairdryer.

And I wound up being seven minutes late (well, 8 minutes early as opposed to my preferred 15 minutes early, but that's late in my book)

F.ucking cats :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

ONW Oh no :( Kitty poop is gross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Need to buy some new clothes because I'm losing weight, can't justify getting much due to saving for wedding, which is what I'm trying to shift the weight for...

Rainbow try charity shops. you can pick lovely stuff for next to nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The fact that someone can receive almost 136 grand for straining themselves avoiding some cereal boxes falling off the shelf in a supermarket. Yes folks, almost 136 grand for straining yourself.:rolleyes:

Pumpkinseeds what an utter disgrace. No wonder insurance premiums are so high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Old women with shopping trollies. They really don't give a ****e who they take out with them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

That I don't understand cricket :(

deise08 wrote: »

me too. I want to know how Ireland are getting on.

• Advertisement

Old women with shopping trollies. They really don't give a ****e who they take out with them!!

Truth.
    Aul ones at train stations too. When you see them geniflecting at mass you're waiting to hear the crack of a hip or something but as soon as they see a train, it's elbows out and full steam ahead. They are no longer feeble old ladies. They're monsters

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

someone posted something on twitter yesterday that was hilarious, something along the lines of:

"even if i know the final score in cricket, I still dont know who has won"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Parents with prams/buggies are as bad. Swear you take your life in your own hands in tesco sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Parents with prams/buggies are as bad. Swear you take your life in your own hands in tesco sometimes.

A woman with a pram charged at me in Dunnes one day last week. It was in a quiet Dunnes, in the clothing section, where she could easily pass, without having to knock anyone or anything out of her way.
    I just kept going as I was, the cheek of me...she is probably still standing there in shock that the pram charge didn't work. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

MsBubbles wrote: »
    ONW Oh no :( Kitty poop is gross.

Cat puke was worse

deise Ireland need 269 runs to win

LynnGrace wrote: »
    A woman with a pram charged at me in Dunnes one day last week. It was in a quiet Dunnes, in the clothing section, where she could easily pass, without having to knock anyone or anything out of her way.
    I just kept going as I was, the cheek of me...she is probably still standing there in shock that the pram charge didn't work. :p

And I have to be honest, I was pretty bad when I was in charge of the buggy too.

But when I had the buggy the one thing that drove me to a rage was when neighbours parked their cars so the front of the car is in their drive and the rest of the car blocks the footpath.
    So the only for me to pass was to take the baby out on the road.
    I knocked on a few doors a few times to get them to move their car. We dont exchange christmas cards.

You know what drives me spare, is people who push the buggy out on the road first to cross, expecting cars to stop. That's all well and good but don't shove a child out there in the hopes of someone stopping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

'I wouldn't expect Shane to walk the ten minutes to school every morning. He'd be tired by the time he gets there and wouldn't be able to concentrate on his work so between myself and his dad we drop him off each morning even though it is the opposite direction to the way we go to work'

Shane is in secondary school.

• Advertisement

Vel wrote: »
    'I wouldn't expect Shane to walk the ten minutes to school every morning. He'd be tired by the time he gets there and wouldn't be able to concentrate on his work so between myself and his dad we drop him off each morning even though it is the opposite direction to the way we go to work'

Shane is in secondary school.

I bet Shane is fat too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

me too. I want to know how Ireland are getting on.

UAE did really well Ireland have it up against them

If you stop slap bang in the middle of the street to look at something on your phone , right in front of my buggy, and said buggy clips the back of your heels, you can fcuk right off with your tutting.

If you are coming up a busy set of stairs in a shopping centre while looking at your phone and not paying attention to your surroundings and I am coming towards you, I will not be moving out of your way for love nor money to let you pass and you can fcuk right off with your tutting.

People tutting when they are in the wrong.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I bet Shane is fat too.

Poor Shane does indeed have moobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Samsgirl wrote: »
    My 3 year old has come over to our bed & will not go back asleep. So now I'm wide awake. Opened the window as I'm too warm & the friggen birds are singing outside. Sigh.. not going to be a fun day tomorrow.

I feel your pain. My 3 yr old climbed into the bed at 3.30 this morning. "Mam are you my friend?". "Yes E I'm your friend". Repeat by a million. She was put back in her own bed, and then it was "Dad, Dad, I don't like my bed, it's 'scusting ". Repeat by a million. "Dad, I'm scared, I got a fright " in a cheery voice. Next she needs the toilet, by which time it's 5.30. She finally went back to sleep for about an hour and a half, and then woke full of the joys of Spring screeching "good morning , Mam". No it's not a good fricken morning :(

Ah she sounds adorable. I was visiting my friend Monday evening, we were eating pasta (me and her) and the 2 year old (R) had some chicken.

R came over with her fork and sat on my knee. Got down and got salt and started to dump it over my pasta. Got back up. Started playing with the pasta. I have my fork trying to feed her because she wouldnt eat her own food. Then out comes her fork and we are feeding each other. Kept ramming the fork into my mouth "more! More!" Towards the end of it she picked out a mushroom and put it in her own mouth. She made an awful face. Pulled it out. And shoved the same chewed up mushroom into my mouth :(

But she's cute so whatever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

deise08 wrote: »

Ah, you wouldn't know about England, my little Nicole. The blacksmith running up to bowl on the little green just outside the village, Granny in her bath-chair swearing profusely at random people after being at the cooking sherry. The street running green with puke after chucking-out time at the local Vindaloo house. The Vicar down the Nob-and-Terrier in his little tutu. Maybe someday, when all this madness is over, and if we survive it, I'll take you there. Pip-pip! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

73Cat wrote: »
    I feel your pain. My 3 yr old climbed into the bed at 3.30 this morning. "Mam are you my friend?". "Yes E I'm your friend". Repeat by a million. She was put back in her own bed, and then it was "Dad, Dad, I don't like my bed, it's 'scusting ". Repeat by a million. "Dad, I'm scared, I got a fright " in a cheery voice. Next she needs the toilet, by which time it's 5.30. She finally went back to sleep for about an hour and a half, and then woke full of the joys of Spring screeching "good morning , Mam". No it's not a good fricken morning :(

Sorry 73 I can't stop laughing. She sounds like a right character. :D

You know you're ovulating when a post like this makes you go, "ah bless" :P

10:20 and not a mention of a lady bit yet. Well done to us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Sorry 73 I can't stop laughing. She sounds like a right character. :D

She is wired to the moon!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Sigh, I know it's lovely, but we're in the same boat at the moment, musical beds (starting at half twelve last night). Annoyed at myself though that I couldn't be bothered fighting with them and putting them back to their own beds, at least I'll get some sleep if I leave them (between kicks to the crotch that is).

Trigger Foo ! Vajayjay.

I heard it being called a Mary the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I bet Shane is fat too.
    Vel wrote: »
    Poor Shane does indeed have moobs.

Thats "Fat Shane" to his classmates

But you are not allowed to say fat anymore.

There will come a day when you can place a card with a big "F" on your dashboard, and park in the disabled only parking spot.

eisenberg1 wrote: »

There will come a day when you can place a card with a big "F" on your dashboard, and park in the disabled only parking spot.

Person of Size? Gravitationally Challenged? Person Of Alternative Mass? Topologically Enhanced?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Obesity is already classed as a disability in some countries. I don't know if it is in Ireland or not but I saw a clip of an English tv show a week or so ago, of people on benefit because they are too fat to work.

When the wire of your favourite bra starts poking under your arm. Ffs.

Obesity is already classed as a disability in some countries. I don't know if it is in Ireland or not but I saw a clip of an English tv show a week or so ago, of people on benefit because they are too fat to work.
    Hmm. Your ideas intrigue me.
    When the wire of your favourite bra starts poking under your arm. Ffs.

I wonder about those things. Some of them appear to have a steel infrastructure worthy of Isambard Kingdom Brunel, and I'm surprised more boob-damage isn't regularly done. There's no way men would put up with that, we'd invent some sort of F1-esque carbon-fibre or polycarbonate or somesuch. :D

My entire face fits in one cup of my bra. It needs more than a piece of wire to hold up. Need scaffolding :(

jimgoose wrote: »
    Some of them appear to have a steel infrastructure worthy of Isambard Kingdom Brunel, and I'm surprised more boob-damage isn't regularly done.

In fairness, some ladies need such a robust structure to keep things in place!
    But if you are planning to do some inventing and need a research assistant then pls let me know. I am all hands on!

• Advertisement

My entire face fits in one cup of my bra. It needs more than a piece of wire to hold up. Need scaffolding :(
    In fairness, some ladies need such a robust structure to keep things in place!
    But if you are planning to do some inventing and need a research assistant then pls let me know. I am all hands on!

Yes, I'm starting to think there may be at least a White Paper in it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Jesus tapdancing Christ!

Ireland has done well we just need 21 from 21 balls!!!

efb COYBIG !!!!

Lost a wicket :(

jimgoose wrote: »
    Yes, I'm starting to think there may be at least a White Paper in it. :pac:

Tissue paper.
    Back in 1988 I discovered some tissue paper in Linda from number 23's bra. (she was wearing it at the time) .

That was the end of our relationship.

Tissue paper.
    Back in 1988 I discovered some tissue paper in Linda from number 23's bra. (she was wearing it at the time) .

That was the end of our relationship.

Maybe she had no pockets??

Trigger shame it wasn't a few bob. I have been know to secrete cash and my mobile in my bra

Trigger shame it wasn't a few bob. I have been know to secrete cash and my mobile in my bra

With the phone on silent vibrate mode?

• Advertisement

No Trig. I'm usually carrying bags of groceries so my hands are full.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement