Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I wish. I don't think I have the right accent though (economic migrant from Clare)! :D

That's funny, I'm from Clare and nobody ever guesses it from my accent. Even my hospital consultants point out that I have an unusual accent and ask me where I'm from. I must have picked up some sort of weird Clare/Essex/Yorkshire mix.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Pumpkinseeds you need you say 'Hon the banner' more ;) and that young O'Donnell fella is a mighty hurler ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

That's funny, I'm from Clare and nobody ever guesses it from my accent. Even my hospital consultants point out that I have an unusual accent and ask me where I'm from. I must have picked up some sort of weird Clare/Essex/Yorkshire mix.:D

That's t'craic she said, with one leg oop ont' dash and nowt on but' radio! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

When tv shows edit a scene to remove a "curse" word like "bítch" or "shít" and they remove so much of the scene that the lines either side of the removed part make absolutely no sense together. So fúcking stupid.

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Pumpkinseeds you need you say 'Hon the banner' more ;) and that young O'Donnell fella is a mighty hurler ;)

I live next door to that kind of mouth-breathing muck savagery, I could shout as much as I liked and I wouldn't be heard above them shouting it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

jimgoose wrote: »
    That's the reason I was alluding to above: I, like Lexie's dog, figured out some time ago that I could do better than dog-food! :pac:

My parents minded a dog once for a woman while she was hospitalised and he was spoilt rotten. Apparently he would get a biscuit every night after he'd gone out to do his business. After a while we noticed he was simply going out, pretending to pee and then coming back in looking for a biscuit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

My accent isn't the typical East Clare (Ger Loughnane styleee) one of my origins; I've lived in several places for college/ work in Ireland/ UK so it's been tempered by those influences!!

I've done this dressed in full Saffron and Blue in a Cork pub on All Ireland Final (both days) in 2013. Cork folk are nice and did not (Colin) lynch me!!!:D

Pumpkinseeds The md of the company I work for is a Clareman and mad about hurling so I've learnt by osmosis

• Advertisement

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I've done this dressed in full Saffron and Blue in a Cork pub on All Ireland Final (both days) in 2013. Cork folk are nice and did not (Colin) lynch me!!!:D

We are a gentle people, and tolerant of bearded, fiddle-playing simpletons and their husbands. :D

We are a gentle people, and tolerant of bearded, fiddle-playing simpletons and their husbands. :D
    I'm a laydee! I don't have a beard but I'm always on the fiddle!:pac:

ratmouse wrote: »
    It TAs me when people announce their weekly weight loss on Facebook after a weigh in at some slimming class. Seriously, does every realm of a persons life have to be on a social media site? And said individuals spurring themselves on with a caption under a photo of their weight loss record card saying "Won't be long now til I'm skinny Minnie". Trust me, it will!

Said RatMouse!!!!!! :):D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

They're so clever. He punctured his eye around xmas and because he was so unwell, I minded him. Had the oh in the spare room and the dog in our bed. Got him out of the habit of our bed but he still likes his nice food. When he won't eat from the bowl and I know he has to be hungry because he wouldn't have been fed in ages, he sits on my knee and eats from my hand. It's grand when I'm not wrecked but to start that rigmarole after being at work all day, ugh. He is TERRIFIED of vivienne though, maybe I'll pretend vivienne can have his dinner (I have no cats)

Lexie, he is playing you. I would suggest switching him to a decent dry food gradually, i.e. his "normal" food with a small amount of the dry food, and slowly add more dry food and less "normal". Feed at same time every day if you can, and if he does not eat straight away (From a bowl) remove it, and try again later, but dont leave the bowl out for him to eat whenever he feels like it.

Like ONW said, a tin of sardines and a bit of chicken now and again as well.

Good dry food food means less farts and not as much crap to clean up.

I have two dogs, one will eat ANYTHING and as much as you will give him, the other guy is small and picky, and will only eat if hungry ( but would take a whole chicken if you gave it to him), but I dont pander to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Said RatMouse!!!!!! :):D :P

ONW, too true!!

I'm bored silly in work. Anyone need a hand ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In those stupid shops where there's nowhere to leave the **** you're buying because the counter is so high up. Usually super rude Asians working in it too, and they practically Fire the stuff back at you and before you can even put your change away and move, they've moved onto the person behind me. Ffs. Give me ten seconds. Just ten seconds to put my money away and move my ****.

Also, Costa coffee??? Do you know how much they charged for a muffin and a hot chocolate? Should change their name to Costa fortune, robbing bastards

Lexie Costa Fortune has been my nickname for them for years. Yesterday I bought a large black coffee in an Applegreen €2.35.
    The same coffee in costa fortune €2.85. 50 c dearer. That's shocking

Lexie Costa Fortune has been my nickname for them for years. Yesterday I bought a large black coffee in an Applegreen €2.35.
    The same coffee in costa fortune €2.85. 50 c dearer. That's shocking

Which one is nicer?

Dr E the Applegreen coffee

• Advertisement

Dr E the Applegreen coffee

Costa's prices are eye-watering to be sure, but I had a Flat White lately at the one in Little Island and it really was rather good.

Jim, E This was a take away coffee from a Costa Machine in a Garage. So was the Applegreen coffee.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Which one is nicer?

The one in my flask that was percolated at home :P

Jim, E This was a take away coffee from a Costa Machine in a Garage. So was the Applegreen coffee.

Oh, I see.

ONW I forgot my flask today

Costa make the only latte that doesn't scald me when I try to drink it, just the perfect temperature. I don't often go there so the cost isn't a big factor.

In those stupid shops where there's nowhere to leave the **** you're buying because the counter is so high up. Usually super rude Asians working in it too, and they practically Fire the stuff back at you and before you can even put your change away and move, they've moved onto the person behind me. Ffs. Give me ten seconds. Just ten seconds to put my money away and move my ****.

There's a shop in City Square in Waterford. There is no counter space whatsoever to put your stuff down on so if you're buying a few things you have to put them on top of the chocolate bar display which is of course a graduated display so your stuff starts to slide down, the person behind the counter starts picking up chocolate bars that weren't part of your stuff and you're busy trying to grab everything before they fall off the display onto the ground. Then if you want to pay by card you have to go down the other end of the counter and leave all of your stuff there and by the time the card transaction is finished the person behind the counter has already moved onto the next customer, who is trying to stop their stuff sliding off the display and trying to shove your stuff out of the way and stop the person behind the counter scanning bars that they don't want to buy so you have to try to get all your stuff together, separating it from everyone else's stuff and bars that you didn't buy.
    The whole experience just feels so rushed and like they don't want you buying more than one thing that you can hold in your hand and your money in your other hand.
    I try to never go in there.

ONW I forgot my flask today

You just reminded me of another TA. Mr Pumpkinseeds has a snazzy Thermos, the cleaning instructions say 'do not immerse in water':confused: If I didn't immerse it in water how the feck would I wash it?

I can't tell those fancy coffees apart. One from a garage would taste the same as one from an expensive place for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There is a joke in there about 'job' and 'hand' that I just havent fine tuned yet.

I mentioned the other day that we moved desks in work, we are sitting closer to a guy that has been pretty much on his own for a while. He has developed some terrible habbits in his isolation such as belching and other bodily noises and he obviously doesn't realise he is doing it now.
    And he permanently has the hic-ups

• Advertisement

There's a shop in City Square in Waterford ... I try to never go in there.

Why would anyone operate a shop that way? They need about four kickings! :pac:

Aww 26 I miss living in Waterford

I can't tell those fancy coffees apart. One from a garage would taste the same as one from an expensive place for me.

In general I agree, there's only one thing worse than a Wine Wanker and that's a Coffee Wanker. There genuinely is some utter crap around, though. The mother got stuff in Liddlyaldy a few months back and I couldn't be blasphemous enough about it. It tasted like fine sawdust and random floor-sweepings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Costa's hot chocolate is rank enough for it's price.

That reminds me of when I applied for my visa for Canada last year (fighting with the oh and threathening to leave the country. Dramatic? Me??) I was telling a friend Id much rather go to the U.S. but it was impossible to get a visa. He goes, "you should go anyway" but I couldn't get a job "there's lots of cash in hand jobs". What? I don't like handjobs. "... You're a simpleton".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Would someone have mercy on me and end this work day already?
    Pain in my arse dealing with people.

Jim I'm not a coffee snob I'll drink most kinds but I was gobsmacked at the 50 c difference in price.
    As for wine I buy whatever white wine is on special in the local Supervalu.

Jim I'm not a coffee snob I'll drink most kinds but I was gobsmacked at the 50 c difference in price.

I don't generally buy tea or coffee like that, I was arsing around the East Gate Business Park down there with a half-hour to kill. The instant Nescafé does me the finest! :D

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The one in my flask that was percolated at home :P

I hear you on that one, I got me a Tassimo before Xmas and they are the dogs Wollox and also go the flask option.

• Advertisement

Jim It was a rare treat. I'm off sweet things for lent so instead of a bar of chocolate I bought a fancy coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

I don't exactly regard them as trivial but when I see someone in one of those ridiculous leprechaun suits complete with the big green hat and ginger beard I have an overwhelming urge to disembowel them.

Was in the bookies this morning and the cricket was on the telly and there were more of these cretins doing the Hucklebuck in the crowd - I nearly screamed!

Why would anyone operate a shop that way? They need about four kickings! :pac:

Plus 4 more just to be on the safe side.
    Aww 26 I miss living in Waterford

Go live there for a month and that longing will soon go off you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

fnarrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

curioser wrote: »
    I don't exactly regard them as trivial but when I see someone in one of those ridiculous leprechaun suits complete with the big green hat and ginger beard I have an overwhelming urge to disembowel them.

Was in the bookies this morning and the cricket was on the telly and there were more of these cretins doing the Hucklebuck in the crowd - I nearly screamed!

I am with you, those leprechaun suits should be banned , if only to preserve some national dignity.

RFB I was trying to be nice. Forget that I'll go back to posting about fannies and boobies

• Advertisement

There's a shop in City Square in Waterford. There is no counter space whatsoever...

I know the place. Once I managed to upend the Tic-tac holder hanging off the edge of the shelf whilst reaching across to pay. Sent them flying everywhere! I was morto and hightailed it out of the place as fast as I could. Half way back to work I could hear a rattling noise as I stepped - turned out about half a dozen boxes of Tic Tacs had landed in my coat pocket.

RFB I was trying to be nice. Forget that I'll go back to posting about fannies and boobies

Juvenile I know - but Boom Bap got there before me which is a TA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

LinkedIn, and the bullsh1t that connections spout on it; "Successful people are always looking for ways to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking "what's in it for me?"."

This connection was the most lazy, incompetent and self-centered moron I ever had the displeasure of knowing. The only reason he didn't get fired (and instead got 'promoted' to a made-up position) was because he carefully timed his smoke breaks to coincide with the manager's breaks for the most blatant and unashamedly sickening display of brown nosing I've ever witnessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

JanaMay wrote: »
    I've been looking at the Hoover freejet 3 in 1, just going on price and user reviews on Amazon. I need bagless and cordless but can't afford the other ones I saw. I have no idea what 'air watts' are. TA'd that I've made an OT post. :o

Have a look at power city website or the argos catalogue, they show the air watts a vacuum cleaner has, and on Power city you can filter your search by air watts or power watts etc..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

CEX in Tallaght have a certain second-hand DVD on sale at €6. There's a receipt in the case from HMV that says €4!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement