Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

There's a shop in City Square in Waterford. There is no counter space whatsoever to put your stuff down on so if you're buying a few things you have to put them on top of the chocolate bar display which is of course a graduated display so your stuff starts to slide down, the person behind the counter starts picking up chocolate bars that weren't part of your stuff and you're busy trying to grab everything before they fall off the display onto the ground. Then if you want to pay by card you have to go down the other end of the counter and leave all of your stuff there and by the time the card transaction is finished the person behind the counter has already moved onto the next customer, who is trying to stop their stuff sliding off the display and trying to shove your stuff out of the way and stop the person behind the counter scanning bars that they don't want to buy so you have to try to get all your stuff together, separating it from everyone else's stuff and bars that you didn't buy.
    The whole experience just feels so rushed and like they don't want you buying more than one thing that you can hold in your hand and your money in your other hand.
    I try to never go in there.

Ugh, I think I know the shop you mean ;) You are struggling to hold onto your few bits, and nowhere to actually put them down. So you are passing them over bit by bit, and getting them handed back to you, you'd want to be an octopus :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Cricket updates in the sports news. Why?
    I'd say there are less than 100 people in the whole country who follow cricket.
    If Ireland won the Cricket world cup, would anyone even care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I know the place. Once I managed to upend the Tic-tac holder hanging of the edge of the shelf whilst reaching across to pay. Sent them flying everywhere! I was morto and hightailed it out of the place as fast as I could. Half way back to work I could hear a rattling noise as I stepped - turned out about half a dozen boxes of Tic Tacs had landed in my coat pocket.

:pac:
    73Cat wrote: »
    Ugh, I think I know the shop you mean ;) You are struggling to hold onto your few bits, and nowhere to actually put them down. So you are passing them over bit by bit, and getting them handed back to you, you'd want to be an octopus :(

Yeah and doing that stupid awkward smiling and "oh sorry" awkward laughing as you basically perform a 2 person juggling act and the person behind the counter looks like they want to murder you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People coming to a dead stop in the middle of the street. It's busy, walking along minding my own business when some outrageous thick stopped right there, no warning, I called him a simpleton, accidently but I'm not sorry at all.

Going to lodge money in the bank. There's a que and one lodgement machine is down (to the left of the q) and there's a statement machine to the right of the que. I'm eventually standing next in line and this aul fella comes barging up "excuse me excuse me there are Ye waiting for the lodgement machine?"
    ... Yes?
    "There's one free".
    It's out of order.
    "Oh is it?" And goes off to inspect it. A big **** off sign on it and you're questioning if I'm wrong? Then he goes to see if he could lodge through the statement machine.

The c word in front of me in aforementioned que had three cards, a stack of money and was FOREVER at the machine, apparently you can only put a certain amount in at a time. More than one transaction? **** on back to the back of the que there's a good chap. Him hogging the only machine working.

Then I was still humming at the luas stop with temper when this old man (sober and dirty) approached me asking for money for tea and a sandwich. I was so annoyed I was mean to him and said I had no change when I did. A minute or two later I felt terrible and went after him but couldn't find him :(

And that STUPID ****ING WHITE BRIDGE WITH ITS STUPID STEPS one of these mornings I'm going to fall and break my snot. Those steps are awful. Too long to stride across and not long enough not to take a step on it to get to the next step. I have little legs, inconsiderate pricks whoever designed that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Cricket updates in the sports news. Why?
    I'd say there are less than 100 people in the whole country who follow cricket.
    If Ireland won the Cricket world cup, would anyone even care?

Yep, all the "real" teams they beat would.......and we all love when we win anything, sure don't we always go on about winning the Eurovision 7 times and no one watches that either!!!:cool::rolleyes::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

We've put out the wood and nails Lexie, on the days they decided not to come! Typical! Thanks :) Bf doesn't really wanna call the Guards but if it happens again we will. Thanks 26!

Fair enough, you've done up your car but no one appreciates you acting like an idiot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Katw4, Don't forget the wood and nails before you drive out yourselves.

KatW4 wrote: »
    We've put out the wood and nails Lexie, on the days they decided not to come! Typical! Thanks :) Bf doesn't really wanna call the Guards but if it happens again we will. Thanks 26!

Fair enough, you've done up your car but no one appreciates you acting like an idiot!!

I definitely would. I'm one of those people who would prefer to ring the gardai and have them not give a fúck than not ring the gardai and keep thinking I should ring them.

The Brit Awards came on there and Taylor Swift was the first performer so my husband left it on, he loves her :rolleyes: so when her performance finished we said we'd leave it on for a few minutes and see what it's like.
    Within the first 5 minutes Ant and Dec said "Kanye West is in the building so to anyone who wins an award tonight, if he thinks Beyonce deserves it, just give it to him". Oh really?!
    Goodbye Brits.

It's in those situations I'm glad I have a brother who isn't quite right in the head. We live out in the country, isolated enough. Any of that messing hed be out with a baseball bat or something. Some horrid dickheads around - sometimes bringing a bit of Physco is no harm

• Advertisement

We have 2 entrances Selous so no fear of that! They'd be for it if I accidentally drove over it!

26 I am the same but bf doesn't like calling them! I'll definitely do it if they're back tonight.

Lexie my bf and his dad stayed up waiting for them with bats but they must have spotted them because they didn't come back!

Thanks for all of your advice and support! You're all a great bunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Spent the last few hours installing a new shower. All going well until the pump inexplicably came on and soaked me and the bathroom.
    Then trying to calmly tell the Mrs that I have everything under control while the water is dripping from the ceiling. Got the job done in the end but
    I am sure she called a plumber despite me, just to check my work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭davidk1394

People who are vegetarians who think its their god given right to lecture people on the evils of meat and how animals suffer during slaughtering and why people should eat veg and try to convert you and think all farmers are cruel and miss treat their animals... f#ck off you annoying person and jump in a hole for yourself... i like meat and want to eat meat and i dont care what animal it came from once it was ethically reared and looked after and had a humaine death.. just to really p1ss them off i told them i brought a few lambs to the butchers yesterday.. not impressed but f#ck them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Plus 4 more just to be on the safe side.

Go live there for a month and that longing will soon go off you.

Aw no, we are lovely down here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

The way it's always the left earbud on my headphones that dies first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Samsgirl wrote: »

don't be lying:P

*its where dreams go to die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Too many keys on your key ring. Driving along when your bunch of keys keep swinging and tapping your knee.

Fcuk! I'm separating the car key from the bunch tomorrow.

Too many keys on your key ring. Driving along when your bunch of keys keep swinging and tapping your knee.

that actually torments me....tipping and tapping off the fcuking dash when im driving along:mad::mad:

and everyones deos it

• Advertisement

davidk1394 wrote: »
    People who are vegetarians who think its their god given right to lecture people on the evils of meat and how animals suffer during slaughtering and why people should eat veg and try to convert you and think all farmers are cruel and miss treat their animals... f#ck off you annoying person and jump in a hole for yourself... i like meat and want to eat meat and i dont care what animal it came from once it was ethically reared and looked after and had a humaine death.. just to really p1ss them off i told them i brought a few lambs to the butchers yesterday.. not impressed but f#ck them

Meat eaters can be pretty annoying too. I'm not vegetarian, I eat chicken and prawns. The amount of comments people feel the need to make
    "That's not right, that's not healthy"
    "You need the iron no wonder you're as white as a sheet"
    "Do you not care that chickens are killed? Why is it okay to kill chickens but not cows"
    "There's a delicious smell of a cow cooking in my house"
    "There was a little pig on my grill this morning"
    "I ate steak. I wonder if it was one of your friends".

I'm not vegetarian, I don't claim to be, but people still scoff, I'm sure it's worse for vegetarians

🐷🐮🐑 friends not food

Samsgirl wrote: »
    don't be lying:P

*its where dreams go to die

No complaints about the people, just the place. Dead is the only word I think accurately describes it.

No complaints about the people, just the place. Dead is the only word I think accurately describes it.

I don't like it anyway....complain away:pac:

*I live in backarse of nowhere :/

I used to live down there (ballytruckle, Ursuline, riverwalk and across from woodies) and I loved it. Bit rough sure but the best craic ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Yep a real bugbear of mine, going around like a jailer with big bunches of keys.

Mine now is the car fob (no key needed any more) and my front door key, don't need more on my person.

Seven Worlds will Collide

I used to live down there (ballytruckle, Ursuline, riverwalk and across from woodies) and I loved it. Bit rough sure but the best craic ever

Oh it used to be great craic, my husband has always lived just outside Waterford City and up to when the glass factory shut down it was great craic but the craic is long gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

"Is there a bus coming, is there a bus due ?"

No I'm standing here at an effing bus stop waiting for a limosuine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Oh it used to be great craic, my husband has always lived just outside Waterford City and up to when the glass factory shut down it was great craic but the craic is long gone now.

I work in the city centre & finished tonight at 8pm. Walked right through centre of town, down to the quay for my bus & didn't meet one person!!!! Very much dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

I prob asked you for I'd then at some stage :(

my annoyance.

the crumpled up part of the electric blanket under the sheet by my feet. :(

too lazy to fix it

deise08 wrote: »
    I prob asked you for I'd then at some stage :(

my annoyance.

the crumpled up part of the electric blanket under the sheet by my feet. :(

too lazy to fix it

Where?? :D

Tesco??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Two years ago I got a text message from Bord Gáis telling me that I was not home, and that I am in arrears of an unpaid bill, to get in contact as soon as possible.

I then received a phone call one week later.

*ring ring*
    "Hello?"

"Hi, just calling to let you know of an unpaid bill you currently have with us"

"Um, no I think you have the wrong number"

"But this number was attached to the account. Could you confirm your address for me?"

"No, because you have the wrong number, I live with my mother and no such bill with my name on it exists"

"Okay, very sorry about that, sir. We will take your number off the account"

Fair enough. Apology accepted. I didn't hear from them again.......... UNTIL TODAY. They rang me today looking for some weird foreign name beginning with "M" and I said "No, sorry you have the wrong number"

This lad was a little more understanding, he apologized a number of times and said for some reason my number was attached to the account.

One more phone call from them and I'm going to demand an escalation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Supporting statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Two years ago I got a text message from Bord Gáis telling me that I was not home, and that I am in arrears of an unpaid bill, to get in contact as soon as possible.

I then received a phone call one week later.

*ring ring*
    "Hello?"

"Hi, just calling to let you know of an unpaid bill you currently have with us"

"Um, no I think you have the wrong number"

"But this number was attached to the account. Could you confirm your address for me?"

"No, because you have the wrong number, I live with my mother and no such bill with my name on it exists"

"Okay, very sorry about that, sir. We will take your number off the account"

Fair enough. Apology accepted. I didn't hear from them again.......... UNTIL TODAY. They rang me today looking for some weird foreign name beginning with "M" and I said "No, sorry you have the wrong number"

This lad was a little more understanding, he apologized a number of times and said for some reason my number was attached to the account.

One more phone call from them and I'm going to demand an escalation.

Could also be a scam. Someone pretending to be from BG. I'd give the company a preemptive ring tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Untimely cold sores

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Capes that dont open easily.

landed on me fooking ear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

that actually torments me....tipping and tapping off the fcuking dash when im driving along:mad::mad:

and everyones deos it

I use one of those little spring-loaded keyring clips so I can pop the big bunch of house/shed/toolbox/etc. keys on and off the main keyring, so I can keep the heavy stuff in a coat pocket while driving.

Capes that dont open easily.

landed on me fooking ear.

At least Ed Sheeran was there to sing "when my legs don't work like they used to" to her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Morning Titties ! Scarleh for Madge, ya mad auld wan. TA by the weather spent ages fixing my fringe this morning only to have all my work undone by the stupid wind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I look up on the Luas and right in my eyeline is a rather hot guy. Hmm I think, this will do nicely to help pass the rest of the journey. And then he goes and has a good old root around in his nose and spends quite some time examining the contents. Horn immediately killed!!

• Advertisement

Only got paid for 2 days instead of 8. Exactly enough money to pay back my student loan. Hello two weeks with no money :(

poor Kat :( That sucks royally. Vel ew . Durty Bugger

I gave up chocolate, sweets and biscuits for lent. TA by how much I'd love a caramel bar.

I'm on the train, across from 3 aul ones talking about the youth of today, how they're a disgrace, they can't "keep themselves, Cook, clean or wash". Then all three tell stories about how different their own kids and grandkids are "my daughter now, her little girl makes Her own bed and picks up her own toys". Get out ta ****, nobody knows what will come knocking to their door. And their well behaved kids were probably a different story in college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

MsBubbles wrote: »
    I gave up chocolate, sweets and biscuits for lent. TA by how much I'd love a caramel bar.

For the new year I quit smoking (forever) and Booze and junk food (for January).
    By far the thing I missed most was the chocolate. Normally I would not eat much of it but I ended up having mad cravings every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I find it a lot easier to give up booze than to give up junk food. I've been off the drink for February and it has been fine, but when I gave up chocolate and biscuits for a month last year it was so bloody hard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

People who decide to eat egg sandwiches on the bus in the morning.

I hope those eggs, that smelt gone off, make you sit on the pot all morning to give you time to think about what you've done!

Trigger, Rainbow I was eating far too much junk food and it was making me feel lousy. On a healthy eating buzz, lord knows I need it !

I find it a lot easier to give up booze than to give up junk food. I've been off the drink for February and it has been fine, but when I gave up chocolate and biscuits for a month last year it was so bloody hard!

I went from drinking 2 pints of cider and at least a bottle of wine every day to nothing, cold turkey just before Christmas.
    My close friends actually thought i had a problem but I was able to cut that out with hardly any effort. Been some days I've really really wanted a drink (stressed out dealing with simpletons) but had absolutely no slip ups!

Salt though? Nada chance. I love salt. And it's so so bad for me, and I can't stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

whiskeyman wrote: »
    People who decide to eat egg sandwiches on the bus in the morning.

I hope those eggs, that smelt gone off, make you sit on the pot all morning to give you time to think about what you've done!

Monsters. Have they no shame??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement