Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Picking up a basket in the supermarket and there's something sticky on the handle. Now my hand is sticky and I have to put up with this atrocity until I go home :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Trolleys with one wonky wheel.
    I always get this trolley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Whenever I go to a pub with Hubby we always get a wonky table :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

For the new year I quit smoking (forever) and Booze and junk food (for January).
    By far the thing I missed most was the chocolate. Normally I would not eat much of it but I ended up having mad cravings every day.

Trigger, you miss chocolate more than smokes? did you smoke much? When I stopped I found it very difficult, I would have swapped one of my kids for a rothman:D
    MsBubbles wrote: »
    Whenever I go to a pub with Hubby we always get a wonky table :(

When Mrs E and I go to the pub, we always get a wonky asshole sitting beside us and talking to me......always!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

whiskeyman wrote: »
    People who decide to eat egg sandwiches on the bus in the morning.

I hope those eggs, that smelt gone off, make you sit on the pot all morning to give you time to think about what you've done!

Ugh :mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Trigger, you miss chocolate more than smokes? did you smoke much? When I stopped I found it very difficult, I would have swapped one of my kids for a rothman:D

I smoked about 5 a day during the week. But on a night out could put away a pack of 20. Not a lot compared to some people....but so glad to be off them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Nicotine is the only thing that makes my willpower fail. I can usually deny myself anything else without too much difficulty, but that one bloody chemical has an unbreakable hold on my brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When it's dead silent and someone started sniffling. **** off and get a tissue. Nobody wants to hear you churning snots around your empty head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...Nobody wants to hear you churning snots around your empty head

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: G'wan de Lexie bah!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Smidge wrote: »
    Could also be a scam. Someone pretending to be from BG. I'd give the company a preemptive ring tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

I was beginning to think the same thing however I actually googled the landline that contacted me, it belongs to Bord Gáis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Some absolute ******* has keyed my car from front to back! It's really deep too. They've targeted my sister's car 3 times already this year. We know who it is but Guards can't do anything because they haven't been caught doing it. We're the only two cars targeted because one has an N plate and the other has an L plate. I am so angry!!!! It's not trivial but it is annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I find it a lot easier to give up booze than to give up junk food. I've been off the drink for February and it has been fine, but when I gave up chocolate and biscuits for a month last year it was so bloody hard!

I'm the opposite. I've given up the junk food for lent to try to kickstart healthier eating and shed some tonnes.:D Mr Pumpkinseeds and I used to give up booze for lent but I thought he'd loose the plot last year as he found it tough not having a few drinks at the weekend. So he's taken up meditation instead of giving up anything. I'd miss having a drink, even though I don't drink much.

Capes that dont open easily.

landed on me fooking ear.

I'd be fairly certain that back up dancer is out of a job today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

KatW4 wrote: »
    Some absolute ******* has keyed my car from front to back! It's really deep too. They've targeted my sister's car 3 times already this year. We know who it is but Guards can't do anything because they haven't been caught doing it. We're the only two cars targeted because one has an N plate and the other has an L plate. I am so angry!!!! It's not trivial but it is annoying!

And this is the very reason why so many scumbags get away with so much shít. So ridiculous

Ah Kat. I'm really sorry to hear about your car.

I'm getting a virus. I woke up with a pounding headache that I've had since yesterday and finally managed to kill it with painkillers, had a nap since I didn't get much sleep last night and woke up with a cough.:(

There goes Madonna's hip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

There goes Madonna's hip

And her hoop! :D

Aglomerado I'll say one thing for auld Madge she's fairly spritely for a 60 something

Aglomerado I'll say one thing for auld Madge she's fairly spritely for a 60 something

Yeah, credit where it's due. She's 56 in fact (had to look it up on Wikipedia)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Aglomerado wrote: »
    And her hoop! :D

If it means she has to spare us the image of flashing her saggy hoop at the cameras for another while, that can only be a good thing :eek:

I never thought I'd hear myself saying this, but this trend of celebrities getting their oversized arses out for the camera, or flashing their arses for the camera, is really getting tiresome! I wish they'd just go back to leaving some things to my imagination :rolleyes:

TA that I go away for a few days, forget where I left off in my favourite thread, had to go back to my last post and read from there on... 30 odd pages full of hooters, gooters, kebabs; morning titty messages, car keys, coffee and cigarettes! :pac:

Jesus I missed my favourite thread! :D

Board Gais are outrageous. My dad is dead 14 months, and despite telling them this SO MANY TIMES, they still call my number (it was on the account when my dad signed up since he was allergic to carrying his phone anywhere with him). When he got sick and I was trying to pay bills they were making it so difficult. Id ring up, explain the situation, ask how much I had to pay, they wouldn't tell me.
    How the hell can I pay a bill when they wouldn't tell me how much it was? I explained the situation - they didn't care.

They rang me shortly after he died, I explained he was dead, I didnt know how much to pay. Told them to take my number off the account that I didn't live there. They kept calling. Last week, they called again. I've given them my brothers name, his number. I've explained dad is dead, this number is no longer connected to the account - and they still call and ask for my dad. Wtf?

If it means she has to spare us the image of flashing her saggy hoop at the cameras for another while, that can only be a good thing :eek:

I never thought I'd hear myself saying this, but this trend of celebrities getting their oversized arses out for the camera, or flashing their arses for the camera, is really getting tiresome! I wish they'd just go back to leaving some things to my imagination :rolleyes:
    ! :D

I could not agree more. There was time when I thought she was quite attractive. She looks a bit haggard these days, especially when you think of the hours spent in the gym, the diet and bodywork. Best to cover up a little bit at this stage. Nobody wants to see your saggy bits. I hope she reads this and takes it on board.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I put the milk back in the door shelf of the fridge, and the lid fell off. As I bent to pick it up, I knocked the shelf out of the fridge. A river of milk ran across the floor. I've thrown 4 old tea towels into it but bleurrrrgh, I hate milk. I look at it as little as possible, can't eat cereal because I hate it, and only use a splash in tea or coffee. Now I have to pick up milk soaked tea towels and put them in the wash :(

73Cat I read that as I put milk in my back door fnarr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I know Gamer Bhoy it's bloody ridiculous! Thanks Ms. Bubbles.

Ugh I'm so annoyed. Every time I look at it, it makes me angrier!

Aglomerado If Madge is 56 then I'm the Queen of England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

73Cat I read that as I put milk in my back door fnarr

Eeeewwww,haha,that would be my worst nightmare:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

There's a cafe right under the escalators in the Jervis Centre and I always get annoyed with myself because I can't help but gawp at the people eating their food, but now I've decided to give myself a break and turn the annoyance back on the people who choose such an awful exposed place to have their breakfast/lunch. It would be so hard to enjoy my luch knowing there were so many eyes watching me trying and failing to eat my sandwich in a ladylike manner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

One shall just call you "Your Madgesty" :P

/gets robe :o

*curtseys*

Same age as Hitler in Downfall!

Aglomerado , ONJ I'm convinced Madge has shaved at least 5 years off her age. I reckon she's due her bus pass this year
    ;)

Vel wrote: »
    There's a cafe right under the escalators in the Jervis Centre and I always get annoyed with myself because I can't help but gawp at the people eating their food, but now I've decided to give myself a break and turn the annoyance back on the people who choose such an awful exposed place to have their breakfast/lunch. It would be so hard to enjoy my luch knowing there were so many eyes watching me trying and failing to eat my sandwich in a ladylike manner

Yeah I know the place you mean. I would never eat there because of the proximity to the escalators and also the proximity to the Red Line Luas and its charming passengers! I have this image of
    junkies gobbing over the rail.
    (Sorry if I put any one off their lunch.)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Yeah I know the place you mean. I would never eat there because of the proximity to the escalators and also the proximity to the Red Line Luas and its charming passengers! I have this image of

and the jaysusin q's that are there for that place. Mind you, havent been into the Jervis in many a year now, but that place was always packed with a line of people outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Lexie: Here you go (Tullamore library and all!) http://tinyurl.com/o3jxfqv

TA: Carpal tunnel syndrome.

• Advertisement

Board Gais are outrageous. My dad is dead 14 months, and despite telling them this SO MANY TIMES, they still call my number (it was on the account when my dad signed up since he was allergic to carrying his phone anywhere with him). When he got sick and I was trying to pay bills they were making it so difficult. Id ring up, explain the situation, ask how much I had to pay, they wouldn't tell me.
    How the hell can I pay a bill when they wouldn't tell me how much it was? I explained the situation - they didn't care.

They rang me shortly after he died, I explained he was dead, I didnt know how much to pay. Told them to take my number off the account that I didn't live there. They kept calling. Last week, they called again. I've given them my brothers name, his number. I've explained dad is dead, this number is no longer connected to the account - and they still call and ask for my dad. Wtf?

Would the solicitor or executor of your dads estate not be able to sort this? Should be pretty standard practice I would have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I just got an email from a lady named Monique with a subject-line explaining "You are a nerd, no cool girls for you!". She goes on to explain that "Girls do not put out for you Do not get upset, now you will screw every one.". Hmm - well I'm glad she's explained that. As far as I can make out she's offering BCL courses. :D

Yes, I know that place, I've never eaten in it, due to similar suspicions...

I could not agree more. There was time when I thought she was quite attractive. She looks a bit haggard these days, especially when you think of the hours spent in the gym, the diet and bodywork. Best to cover up a little bit at this stage. Nobody wants to see your saggy bits. I hope she reads this and takes it on board.:D

I'd say she will :D.

Some poor bastard's head will roll, over that fall, I'd say, whether it's the dancer or the person who tied the cloak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I always think the same thing! I'm sure that lovely display of cakes is infected with the germs of those coming down the escalator. :eek:

• Advertisement

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    Lexie: Here you go (Tullamore library and all!) http://tinyurl.com/o3jxfqv

TA: Carpal tunnel syndrome.

Haha thanks. Me and him are going to have a serious chat at they week end. He cries when I go to bed, howls for ages and when I come down he's laying at the door guilt tripping me :( and in the mornings he keeps pawing the shower door to get in with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I always think the same thing! I'm sure that lovely display of cakes is infected with the germs of those coming down the escalator. :eek:

haha! Glad I'm not the only one thinking this!
    Haven't they heard of sneeze-guards?

I usually pay Electric Ireland online. Have a look at Board Gais website and see if they have that option. Also put in writing that your dad is deceased and that the account is to be closed, otherwise the billing will just continue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

And you can spit on the food behind the counter going down that escalator.

fiachr_a wrote: »
    And you can spit on the food behind the counter going down that escalator.

I actually really liked that cafe. I'm so over it now

TA that I have a trapped nerve in my upper arm. Very fckin sore. Must have slept awkwardly on it.
    Oh well, at least I have an excuse for not getting the weights out of the Attic and doing the exercises that my body desperately needs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

My O.H's neighbour has a bit of land and a very narrow lane goes up one side of it, every so often rubbish get dumped on it, but recently a lot more frequently, we seen the owner the other day cleaning it up herself into black bags as it had been torn apart, she was spitting venom, SHE was issued a fine for E3000 for dumping, because it was on her property, and 2 weeks to pay it, how dumb is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

€69 for 2 same day return tickets to Dublin :eek:
    Couldn't figure out why they were so expensive, turns out they're making line improvements this weekend so they're operating bus transfers from Athy to Dublin and back.
    And they want you to pay €69 for that privilege :confused:

€69 for 2 same day return tickets to Dublin :eek:
    Couldn't figure out why they were so expensive, turns out they're making line improvements this weekend so they're operating bus transfers from Athy to Dublin and back.
    And they want you to pay €69 for that privilege :confused:

Why are you going to dublin twice in one day?! Its not that good - is it?

TA that there is no one around here at the moment! Will someone talk to me for the love of God! :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement