Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

selous wrote: »
    My O.H's neighbour has a bit of land and a very narrow lane goes up one side of it, every so often rubbish get dumped on it, but recently a lot more frequently, we seen the owner the other day cleaning it up herself into black bags as it had been torn apart, she was spitting venom, SHE was issued a fine for E3000 for dumping, because it was on her property, and 2 weeks to pay it, how dumb is that?

They could fcuken sing for it as far as I am concerned, seriously I would let them take me to court, get the two weeks in Mountjoy, have two guards collect me and take me to prison and most likely get released with 48 hours.

€69 for 2 same day return tickets to Dublin :eek:
    Couldn't figure out why they were so expensive, turns out they're making line improvements this weekend so they're operating bus transfers from Athy to Dublin and back.
    And they want you to pay €69 for that privilege :confused:

By that logic, it is just as well you were not going halfway to Dublin, it probably would have 99€:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

A customer was in today, scanning her items I hear.
    'are they that price? '

"Yes they're a finest product so they're normally dearer."

'I didn't think they were that dear'

"I'll go check for you in case they're a different price, I'll just cancel them out first."

'I don't have time I'm in a hurry for the bus'

"Ok so. will I cancel them out? "

'no you can leave them there.'
    'are you not going to check the price? '

"You said you didn't have time to wait? "

'You could've been back already......'

Flabbergasted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    They could fcuken sing for it as far as I am concerned, seriously I would let them take me to court, get the two weeks in Mountjoy, have two guards collect me and take me to prison and most likely get released with 48 hours.

They wouldn't even keep you 48 hours, a friend of mine was brought in because of an outstanding fine, 6 hours in a cell in the garda station (had his phone in the cell), was brought over to the Midlands prison at about 20 to ten. Shown to a cell and was out in about 20 minutes. They rang someone to come and pick him up, and was back home before midnight. He was longer holding than actually locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Alice1

My add is for ''warm hearted Asians'' dating website :/
    IAMS catfood!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

They could fcuken sing for it as far as I am concerned, seriously I would let them take me to court, get the two weeks in Mountjoy, have two guards collect me and take me to prison and most likely get released with 48 hours

They wouldn't even keep you 48 hours, a friend of mine was brought in because of an outstanding fine, 6 hours in a cell in the garda station (had his phone in the cell), was brought over to the Midlands prison at about 20 to ten. Shown to a cell and was out in about 20 minutes. They rang someone to come and pick him up, and was back home before midnight. He was longer holding than actually locked up.

They know who it was, the farmer on other side of the road set up some cctv,(because of the dumping) got the cars and reg numbers, showed it to council, didn't want to know, a "source" said they'd never get them as they'd only "move on" if anything was issued. but yet the rubbish on the side of the road is grand, the litter warden picks that up, but because this in the gully on her side, it just beggers belief.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

TA that I have a trapped nerve in my upper arm. Very fckin sore. Must have slept awkwardly on it.
    Oh well, at least I have an excuse for not getting the weights out of the Attic and doing the exercises that my body desperately needs!

You could always go for a jog.Good way to get fit - also you dont even need to go outside you could even jog on the spot. So really theres no excuse.

Glad to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

€69 for 2 same day return tickets to Dublin :eek:
    Couldn't figure out why they were so expensive, turns out they're making line improvements this weekend so they're operating bus transfers from Athy to Dublin and back.
    And they want you to pay €69 for that privilege :confused:

26 What a rip off. The cheek of the Irish rail.
    TA I went to the supermarket to buy milk and bread but came home without the milk :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Day just gets worse! Diesel stolen from the farm!! The world is against us today :(

• Advertisement

Was that a cell phone he had:D

That's it, I am off to watch TV.

Don't forget your coat ;) (I laughed though ;) )

Today's TA
    - the Russian was grumpy and was pretty mean :(
    - after years avoiding salmon I had some today and really liked it
    - I haven't had bad food since Tuesday. I'm going through withdrawals. It's awful.
    - today was so long with so many people not showing up or cancelling their appointments.
    - I was so annoyed leaving work (late) that I stormed across the City. Some homeless guy asked me to spare change for the homeless. Brand new runners on him and all. Was gonna say nice kicks but thought better of it.
    - I was so mad I strided across that horrid bridge like a boss. So annoyed I can do it when I'm annoyed but not normally.
    - had to share a seat on the train and sat opposite this simpleton who kept staring at me. I was SO TEMPTED to ask her if she was alright but again, didn't.
    - got home and had a proper dinner but I think it was gone off it was vile

The rare occasions I wear pj bottoms to bed. I can't twist or turn or stretch my legs over. So restrictive! Then I'll take them off and be cold. The hardship

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mushu

Toddler talking to baby at 4am and then crying when I tell him to stop cause he doesn't want her to go to sleep.

Just go to f*cking sleep the pair of ye!

Also pretty sure I fed the baby from the wrong side so now I'm gonna have lopsided sore boobs :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

mushu wrote: »
    Also pretty sure I fed the baby from the wrong side so now I'm gonna have lopsided sore boobs :(

Express machine for you this morning!

• Advertisement

TA that having put hours of effort in to replace the shower I seem to have contrived to have a weaker water flow than the old one.
    It does look good though.

:mad: thanks a bunch my 'lovely' neighbour woke us up at 3.30am.
    slamming doors, rowing with his missus and loading his van. FFS !

I have swine flu

(A headcold)

I have swine flu

(A headcold)

*Insert man flu joke here*

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3b/55/71/3b55711c9a9870550d54d88db9df24ce.jpg

Can you drop some over to me T? I'm sure you have loads ;)

• Advertisement

Ye women with all your complaining about periods and childbirth...ye dont know how lucky ye are.

Us poor fellas get that man flu once a year. And all we ask is that you nurse us, treat us, and help us get back to full health so we are fit enough to listen to your complaining....
    But no, you scorn us. :(

Express machine for you this morning!

Don't have one :(

mushu wrote: »
    Don't have one :(

Avoid leaving the house so...you will end up walking in circles.:)

Avoid leaving the house so...you will end up walking in circles.:)

I needed that giggle. Thanks Trigger

mushu I have my picture in my head of you with one enormous boob like a G cup and the other a c cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

People that have a "seize the day" attitude. Fcuk off, close my curtains again, get out and go smell the flowers on your own, it's Sunday

People that have a "seize the day" attitude. Fcuk off, close my curtains again, get out and go smell the flowers on your own, it's Sunday

eh...dude....its Friday.
    Now get yer arse out of bed - you are late for work!

MsBubbles wrote: »
    mushu I have my picture in my head of you with one enormous boob like a G cup and the other a c cup

About an E & a D. It's visibly noticeable. No one warns you about lopsided boobs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

eh...dude....its Friday.
    Now get yer arse out of bed - you are late for work!

I meant it hypothetically! And I'm currently unemployed. Interview me because it's horrible :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The person I have become. I need a change.

• Advertisement

I can't stop watching Uptown Funk. And then it makes me want to turn up the volume and then I want two ear pieces in instead of one when I am at my desk, so I can get full bass effect. And then my co-workers think I'm mad :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I can't stop watching Uptown Funk. And then it makes me want to turn up the volume and then I want two ear pieces in instead of one when I am at my desk, so I can get full bass effect. And then my co-workers think I'm mad :P
    Every time I hear that I feel like whoever made it loved Prince's Batman soundtrack.

"When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love"

:P

ONW are you feeling ok ?

ONW are you feeling ok ?

Ah, she's gone all "philosophical" on account a' the baby-chemicals again. Dummind her! :pac:

ONW are you feeling ok ?

Not really. I fear I am turning into a horrible person because I am so tired of my job, the repetition, dealing with crazy.... I actually threw someone out yesterday. I mean, I can and I am expected to but I never do but yesterday I did because I just reached that point where I no longer gave a f.uck. :(

ONW ah you poor dote. sending you virtual hugs

Not really. I fear I am turning into a horrible person because I am so tired of my job, the repetition, dealing with crazy.... I actually threw someone out yesterday. I mean, I can and I am expected to but I never do but yesterday I did because I just reached that point where I no longer gave a f.uck. :(

What kind of work do you do ONW, out of interest? I've been working in highly-technical, senior R&D land for many, many years and I sometimes wonder how people who are expected to deal with dingbat civilians all day for a living cope at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The person I have become. I need a change.

Oh I hear that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's the remix that you want to be listening to featuring Action Bronson

Action Bronson gives the best hugs ever.

ONW ah you poor dote. sending you virtual hugs

I'd say that will cheer ONW up no end:D

E are you being sarcastic ?

E are you being sarcastic ?

Just a little:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Just a little:D

TA that you didn't use this little guy :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'm cranky,tired and have PMS today so watch out world. You may be subjected to a full on Diva Strop

I'm cranky,tired and have PMS today so watch out world. You may be subjected to a full on Diva Strop

"Diva Strop" would make a magnificent Viz character. Think "Fat Slags" meets Paris Hilton: "Eee ah want me foorkan poodle innit yer bawrstawrd!!" :pac::pac::pac:

Jim LOL ! maybe I should change my user name. I'm fat but not a slag. I love animals and bling so that's the Paris Hilton bit covered.

That's it. I'm walking.

That's it. I'm walking.

Whoa, whoa - take a walk by all means, but get a coffee, take a few breaths, they couldn't be that bad!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement