Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    TA that you didn't use this little guy :rolleyes:

Well it was meant more of a joke than sarcasm.....but you are right, and I probably should have used :D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    That's it. I'm walking.

Jim's right. I'd be all for leaving if the job makes you unhappy (considering doing the same myself), but at least take the weekend to think it over. Don't do it while emotions are high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

ONW I agree Maximus don't rush into anything.

Have your favorite meal tonight and get a bottle (or2) of your favourite wine and try to relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

jimgoose wrote: »
    Whoa, whoa - take a walk by all means, but get a coffee, take a few breaths, they couldn't be that bad!

When you start to worry for your physical safety, no job is worth that.

MsBubbles wrote: »
    ONW I agree Maximus don't rush into anything.

Have your favorite meal tonight and get a bottle (or2) of your favourite wine and try to relax

I can't even do that because I have college tomorrow. Eugh :(

I don't want to be followed when I go for a walk. My parents have this habit of following me when I take the dog out at night because "Larry Murphy is still out there" - they actually said those words! Leave me alone. I can look after myself. I'm 31. He is not interested in me. Anyway, pity you weren't so f.ucking concerned with keeping me safe from sexual predators when it was your God damn duty. I hate when small shít stirs up deep shít. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

<3 can you take a half day??

<3 can you take a half day??

No. I am in the fortunate position of being the only person in the company who can do my job. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

No. I am in the fortunate position of being the only person in the company who can do my job. :rolleyes:

We have a pet VP here. We keep him in a large corner office, with that eminently sensible sort of middle-aged lady PA to keep him fed and hosed down once a day or so. He's a magnificent specimen - an improbably large, red-haired Kerryman - and as far as I can make out he spends his days eating, fcuking people out of it on the phone and kicking back teaching himself the banjo while growling "I'm the Bawss-Maun, I aum!!". Occasionally he ventures forth and is sighted, like a particularly large Kodiak Bear looking for food or someone/something to annoy. It trivially annoys me sometimes that I don't have his job. :pac:

I can't even do that because I have college tomorrow. Eugh :(

Now that's just uncivilised. :mad:

• Advertisement

Now that's just uncivilised. :mad:

Sunday too!

Sunday too!

You're 'avin' a fackin' giraffe?? :eek:

Indeed not. Do ye not have security?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Sunday too!

I feel your pain. Anywhere in the vicinity of the Aviva Stadium? (even more painful when the rugby is on!)

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

That's a bit mental ONW. I hope your employer is taking it seriously?
    I was verbally abused by someone I encountered in work last year, in Tesco of all places. He (verbally) got back as good as he gave, but I was quite shaken by it, so take car of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

That's horrendous ONW. you need to speak to your manager and HR .

I am annoyed at having to pay my insurance for a year when I'm not even driving, just to keep my policy and my no claims bonus. What a waste of 900 odd euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I am annoyed at having to pay my insurance for a year when I'm not even driving, just to keep my policy and my no claims bonus. What a waste of 900 odd euro

I think your No claims is valid for 2 years, mine is anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

MsBubbles wrote: »
    That's horrendous ONW. you need to speak to your manager and HR .

Or if you're Public Service you should have access to an Employee Assistance Program that can be good for getting things square in your head before approaching HR/H&S

• Advertisement

dub_skav wrote: »
    I think your No claims is valid for 2 years, mine is anyway

It is.

What??

Are you saying if I decide to take two years off driving for whatever reason, that I lose my 150 years no claims benefit? I go back to being hairy aped by the insurance company (more so than normal) ?

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    What??

Are you saying if I decide to take two years off driving for whatever reason, that I lose my 150 years no claims benefit? I go back to being hairy aped by the insurance company (more so than normal) ?

Yes, unbelievable as it sounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

What??

It gets worse! If you move from driving a car to driving just a motorbike/moped then you lose your car no claims bonus too (after a year or two).....fcking ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I took out my own insurance a few weeks ago,I was named on OHs for a few years and I had my own prior to that.There is no refund for him to take me off his but 120e to add his name on my policy:(

It gets worse! If you move from driving a car to driving just a motorbike/moped then you lose your car no claims bonus too (after a year or two).....fcking ridiculous.

I cannot begin to convey to you how apeshít this kind of malarkey makes me. :mad:

• Advertisement

I had this situation a couple of years ago.

Daughter, over 25, cannot drive, I can add on my policy free

Son, under 25, full licence, cost extra to add on my policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Up since 6.30am with the kids. Shopping done, put away. Kids down for nap. Make a lovely sandwich & cup of coffee, sit down to relax and enjoy.... ding dong, visitor. With her child. Sigh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I had this situation a couple of years ago.

Daughter, over 25, cannot drive, I can add on my policy free

Son, under 25, full licence, cost extra to add on my policy.

Thank you EU for ending that.

I cannot begin to convey to you how apeshít this kind of malarkey makes me. :mad:

I dont want to annoy you any further...but hear me out.

If I lived in Austria, say. I have a car and said car is insured. If I then buy a motor bike, or indeed another car...the insurance company will insure ME to drive the cars/bike..rather than insure each car/bike separately. All in one package.
    You see, the thinking is that I cannot be driving more than one vehicle at the same time. And given that insurance is all about risk this makes sense.
    Still with me Jim?
    But in Ireland they insure you separately on each...as if you could drive more than once vehicle at the same time. There is no spread of the risk and we get ripped off.

And this is why I have just 1 car in my driveway and a sacred space for a v-twin that I cannot afford to insure. :mad:

Thank you EU for ending that.

Yup, cost for both :p

• Advertisement

I dont want to annoy you any further...but hear me out.

If I lived in Austria, say. I have a car and said car is insured. If I then buy a motor bike, or indeed another car...the insurance company will insure ME to drive the cars/bike..rather than insure each car/bike separately. All in one package.
    You see, the thinking is that I cannot be driving more than one vehicle at the same time. And given that insurance is all about risk this makes sense.
    Still with me Jim?
    But in Ireland they insure you separately on each...as if you could drive more than once vehicle at the same time. There is no spread of the risk and we get ripped off.

And this is why I have just 1 car in my driveway and a sacred space for a v-twin that I cannot afford to insure. :mad:

I understand in fullness. Here, the insurers are either a) labouring under the misapprehension that you'll somehow drive both cars at the same time, presumably something like a pair of roller-skates, or b) riding the living holes of us because in this ridiculous little Yippy-Ki-Yay-Muddafukka jurisdiction, they can.

It actually gets worse - if you own a second car, and want to add it to your policy, the 22-year-old on the phone (who may or may not have a bloody license) will explain to you that you can only have one NCB, associated with one of the cars.

I cant understand that if a couple have a car each and fully comp insurance then doesnt that allow you to drive other insured cars so why do you need to name each other on the policies or is open insurance a separate issue?

Colser wrote: »
    I cant understand that if a couple have a car each and fully comp insurance then doesnt that allow you to drive other insured cars so why do you need to name each other on the policies or is open insurance a separate issue?

Because nowadays asshole insurance companies specifically exclude spouse/partner's cars from the standard "Driving other cars" extension, and that's more of it. Said extension also doesn't cover anything over 2.5l, so Mrs. Goose would have to be named on The General's insurance anyway.

TA that all this talk of insurance has me back in mourning for the v-twin bike that I dont own...but need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I think it is the 'insured to drive other cars' bit only covers third party risks, where as a named driver on a Comp policy would also be covered Comp.

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I think it is the 'insured to drive other cars' bit only covers third party risks, where as a named driver on a Comp policy would also be covered Comp.

That's correct too. I used to have full-comp on other cars until RSA went mad a couple of years back and doubled the premium to nearly €800! Obviously they got shown the road quare lively. :pac:

Because nowadays asshole insurance companies specifically exclude spouse/partner's cars from the standard "Driving other cars" extension, and that's more of it. Said extension also doesn't cover anything over 2.5l, so Mrs. Goose would have to be named on The General's insurance anyway.

Wait. So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?

That's correct too. I used to have full-comp on other cars until RSA went mad a couple of years back and doubled the premium to nearly €800! Obviously they got shown the road quare lively. :pac:
    Last question:pac: Am I insured to drive any other car apart from my OHs if I have fully comp insurance(I should probably read the paperwork:o)

Colser wrote: »
    Last question:pac: Am I insured to drive any other car apart from my OHs if I have fully comp insurance(I should probably read the paperwork:o)

Assuming you have the standard "Driving other cars" extension, you should have third-party only cover on any car not owned by you up to an engine size of 2.5l. This came to my attention lately when a mate of mine turned up at my place with a 7.4 litre Oldsmobile. :D

Assuming you have the standard "Driving other cars" extension, you should have third-party only cover on any car not owned by you up to an engine size of 2.5l. This came to my attention lately when a mate of mine turned up at my place with a 7.4 litre Oldsmobile. :D

But you still took it for a spin, right?:D

• Advertisement

But you still took it for a spin, right?:D

Can I just say, Burble-Burble-Burble! :D

Also what annoys me is I have to own a car to insure it to keep my policy. I won't be driving for the forseeable future, so I said that my brother could have my car til he got a replacement. I can't get named on the OHs car, I have to have my own. Which is grand, but means I have to tax it because if it's declared off the road I can't insure it, and I have to keep a valid NCT on it, even though it doesn't make sense for me considering I can't actually use it. All to keep 9 years no claims bonus. Bastards

Also what annoys me is I have to own a car to insure it to keep my policy. I won't be driving for the forseeable future, so I said that my brother could have my car til he got a replacement. I can't get named on the OHs car, I have to have my own. Which is grand, but means I have to tax it because if it's declared off the road I can't insure it, and I have to keep a valid NCT on it, even though it doesn't make sense for me considering I can't actually use it. All to keep 9 years no claims bonus. Bastards

Umm, why not just drive the stupid thing??

Umm, why not just drive the stupid thing??

I have epilepsy and Im not allowed drive because my fits aren't under control yet

I have epilepsy and Im not allowed drive because my fits aren't under control yet

Oh. I'm sorry to hear it.

Oh. I'm sorry to hear it.

Ah it's not so bad now. :)

Ah it's not so bad now. :)

I'll drive you once I master the clutch! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

When food (usually chips) drops on the floor and then gets stepped on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

TA that all this talk of insurance has me back in mourning for the v-twin bike that I dont own...but need.

Get the bike, it will replace all the sadness with happiness :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Descaling kettles. We bought a new kettle a few months ago and I descaled it for the first time. Jesus, whoever designed the internal filter fitting is some kind of sadist. I spent about 5 minutes trying to fit it back in. The cats were watching me with a look that said they thought I was some sort of simpleton.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement