Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I'll drive you once I master the clutch! :)

We will be cruising around like bad asses, running down people with Nolans bags at bus stops and picking up dogs.

It will be like this
    http://youtu.be/WLnHFDPwoWs

#kantkope with this cold. I'm on deaths door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

#kantkope with this cold. I'm on deaths door

Would you not call in sick tomorrow and stay in bed and be pampered?

Only now?! I've been sick since last night!!!!!

Only now?! I've been sick since last night!!!!!

Sorry, i edited my post as twas not nice.:)

• Advertisement

:( gway :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Day 14 cometh.

F.uck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Sorry, i edited my post as twas not nice.:)
    TAing..Im confused enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

We will be cruising around like bad asses, running down people with Nolans bags at bus stops and picking up dogs.

It will be like this
    http://youtu.be/WLnHFDPwoWs

Fcuken Thelma and Louise:D

And dont refer to us men as dogs please.:)

Haha dogs make me happy. I make men happy. (Not really, lmii is probably chawing Prozac as we speak)

• Advertisement

Getting a chance to listen to my music for a change, which is anything
    from Motown to Mozart. Anyway currently playing "Bolero" and I keep
    getting flashbacks of Bo Derek in "Ten", sweet divine Jebus..................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Dislocated my shoulder twice today and it's not even 5 o clock yet :( Really TAing

Realising a neighbour posts on your favourite thread. Esp when you've posted photos of your mush and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Hurt my foot running the other night. Don't know how - it was fine during the run, then afterwards it started hurting and got progressively worse over 24 hours. Now I can't walk on it - it's excruciating. Couldn't walk to work this morning, had to get a taxi, 25 quid down the toilet. Hobbling around the building now like a 90 year old.

Actually this is more than TA.

Realising a neighbour posts on your favourite thread. Esp when you've posted photos of your mush and all.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Went to doc with sore fingers all swollen and flippin sore, got bent backwards trying to catch car door handle in the wind, (don't ask me how) told me bandage them together and rub Voltorol into it while she made the appointment for an xray, 2 weeks later I get the x-ray in and out in 10min, ring doc the day after for the results not in yet, 3 weeks now, I get results, No breaks, but, something, we will call wear and tear, or arthritis, WHAT, there was nothing wrong with it before, getting it bent backwards, it seems exacerbated it, getting old.... it seems :(:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

when your antivirus lets you know its doing something.

'antivirus is doing something you dont care about, thats my excuse for popping up a big block of text about something irrelevant while you're in the middle of something and Im sticking to it, hope I didn't get in the way or something cause that could be really annoying especially if it was a key moment lol Ill just hang around a few seconds too long til you're so pissed off that you go to close the pop-up box - ah too late I've closed myself now - just to think if you had waited 1 second longer you wouldn't have had to move your fat greasy hand - hope you feel reassured that Im doing lots of stuff for you really efficiently like blocking adverts from annoying advertisers who block up your screen hope you continue to buy our product cause as you can see its really effective, thanks for the money lol'.

when your antivirus lets you know its doing something.

'antivirus is doing something you dont care about, thats my excuse for popping up a big block of text about something irrelevant while you're in the middle of something and Im sticking to it, hope I didn't get in the way or something cause that could be really annoying especially if it was a key moment lol Ill just hang around a few seconds too long til you're so pissed off that you go to close the pop-up box - ah too late I've closed myself now - just to think if you had waited 1 second longer you wouldn't have had to move your fat greasy hand - hope you feel reassured that Im doing lots of stuff for you really efficiently like blocking adverts from annoying advertisers who block up your screen hope you continue to buy our product cause as you can see its really effective, thanks for the money lol'.

Remember when adobe thought it was more important then you, the owner of the PC with their intrusive pop ups and reboots? They still do it but not as bad as they were 15years ago.

I started a healthy eating diet on Tuesday. I feel like my efforts should have me about eight stone less than I am already, ta I'm 1/2 pound down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

When people can't stay on their own side of the road when turning a corner.
    nearly had a head on crash with some bibe earlier!

• Advertisement

I started a healthy eating diet on Tuesday. I feel like my efforts should have me about eight stone less than I am already, ta I'm 1/2 pound down.

Losing weight slower is better than rapid weight loss, you get used to your healthier eating so weight stays off longer and it looks better on a person than crash diets...(my opinion not necessarily shared by docs, medical professionals anywhere etc etc):p

deise08 wrote: »

And they give you dagger stares like it's your fault cause they cut that corner all the time.....muppets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

Hurt my foot running the other night. Don't know how - it was fine during the run, then afterwards it started hurting and got progressively worse over 24 hours. Now I can't walk on it - it's excruciating. Couldn't walk to work this morning, had to get a taxi, 25 quid down the toilet. Hobbling around the building now like a 90 year old.

Actually this is more than TA.

Had the exact same thing happen to me once, turned out I had fractured my fibula. I'd go get it checked out if I were you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Had the exact same thing happen to me once, turned out I had fractured my fibula. I'd go get it checked out if I were you!

Do not like this answer at all! :mad:

I'm gonna give it a day or two and if there's no improvement I'll get it looked at. I hate handing over money to doctors and then it turns out my body would have just fixed itself. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

deise08 wrote: »

Hehehe, deise indeed ;) :P

Glad you're okay.

Grrrr. On a rare night out in Dublin. Decided to have a quiet solo point before meeting the gang. There is not a bar seat to be had within a mile of Grafton street. But I found a pub with a lean....so will be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Is the boards user 'My Name Is URL' a clever reference to the TV show 'My Name is Earl'?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When a TV interviewer or presenter asks someone who has a twin of the opposite sex are they both identical.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

That one car when you're trying to cross the road.

teedely teedely tum ... im speeding up annnd ... nooo Im slowing down ...ahh a bit faster now ......just fast enough so this guy can't cross the road ...annnd just slow enough so he doesn't get a chance after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Sh**ty diet today. Fry this morning, mugs upon mugs of tae and cookies. I have been craving salt all afternoon, so ordered in Chinese for dinner. Salt and chilli shredded chicken and chicken satay. I feel a right salty, bloated, durrty bitch now and I'm going to pay for it tomorrow.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TA'd at the fact that Gap have a 30% off all full price stock deal this weekend and do you think I could find a pair of relatively dark skinny jeans in my size in the entire shop? :mad:

Being so busy and so sick at the same time. Tomorrow I've to be in work at 10 so I'm doing someone's makeup at 7am. Sunday I'm doing semi permanent eyelashes at 10am. I have nobody to cover work for me so I have to go in, and I have two sets of lashes to do on monday. Back to work on Tuesday. Need a new body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

TA'd at the fact that Gap have a 30% off all full price stock deal this weekend and do you think I could find a pair of relatively dark skinny jeans in my size in the entire shop? 

Online as well :) and they have deals like that at least once a month these days I think.

TA that I'll be so busy this weekend, and all I want to do is zzzzzzzzzleep.

miezekatze wrote: »
    Online as well :) and they have deals like that at least once a month these days I think.
    I prefer to be able to try them on because I have weird legs :pac:

I have a sore head today....and it was not even a good night out last night. Hate having to pay the price without the fun!

• Advertisement

HELLO TRIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could boom into your ear. TA that I cant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I have a sore head today....and it was not even a good night out last night. Hate having to pay the price without the fun!
    Ditto :pac:but I had a great night..on the couch and need painkillers but havent the energy to get up for them so I will suffer on..

People not putting their name on wedding RSVP cards and you have to do a bit of detective work to find out who it is from...

HELLO TRIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could boom into your ear. TA that I cant :D

Meanie.:(

Colser wrote: »
    Ditto :pac:but I had a great night..on the couch and need painkillers but havent the energy to get up for them so I will suffer on..

Hope you get thru it ok! I need to get out of bed and to the shop pronto. There are storm clouds overhead and if I get wet there will be no end to my TA today.

• Advertisement

TA - when you're trying to change the words of a song and sing along listening to it but get confused and jumble it all up.

TA - when you're trying to change the words of a song and sing along listening to it but get confused and jumble it all up.

"Knock, knock, knockin on Kevin's door":D

I'm beautiful, I'm beautiful, I'm beautiful it's true.
    You saw my face in a crowded place
    And you don't know what to do
    Cause you'll never be with me.

Except I muddle it up - but the new lyrics? True facts except for the last part.

On the train this morning surrounded by pikeys from Limerick.
    One looks like she's asleep. The other one musta took a photo on facebook.
    Next thing she goes "whyjoo put dat on facebuke?" U were asleep "I wasnt how would I be asleep wit her childer swingin outta me head". Oh lord, Ya couldn't cope.

TA - the limerick accent makes my skin crawl

TA - the limerick accent makes my skin crawl

To be fair, there is a Limerick accent, and then there is a Limerick accent;)

Even the not so bad limerick accent is still terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Afternoon Titties,
    been cleaning the house all morning. TA that our house gets so dirty when we're both out at work 5 days a week

Hope you get thru it ok! I need to get out of bed and to the shop pronto. There are storm clouds overhead and if I get wet there will be no end to my TA today.

Thanks for all the expressions for concern folks. But the good news is that I have had a good feed (french bread with sausage, pudding, egg and ketchup) and a nice cup of tea. I feel good again.
    I believe that I am going to survive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

poor Trig. Solpadene are your friend too. Posh brekkie roll good man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA - people who put dirty dishes in dishwasher before rinsing off big chunks of food... and then wonder why the dishes aren't cleaned properly, or why the dishwasher stinks!!

MsBubbles wrote: »
    poor Trig. Solpadene are your friend too. Posh brekkie roll good man

Thanks MsBubbles. That is why you would be on my christmas card list....and that troll Lexie isnt.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement