Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People not putting their name on wedding RSVP cards and you have to do a bit of detective work to find out who it is from...

Makes me glad we had a sneaky Registry Office wedding, almost got away with it being just the 2 of us until Mr Pumpkinseeds family found out about it 2 days before it happened and showed up.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Thanks MsBubbles. That is why you would be on my christmas card list....and that troll Lexie isnt.

http://www.missinfo.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/hi-hater-tshirt.png

Sorry what?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that my 6 match accumulator bet is dead after just the first game. Three euro fifty down the drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

MsBubbles wrote: »
    poor Trig. Solpadene are your friend too. Posh brekkie roll good man

For sure the best thing for a hangover, but have you tried to buy them in the last year or so? its like trying to score crystal meth, fifty questions from the chemist....:D

"How bad is the pain? Would you not try anything else?"

They will suggest Alka Seltzer, which I cannot take because I have a reaction to it, and you should see the look on the chemists face when I tell them that..they usually scoff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Lateness. Why am the only one that arrives on time? Aaargh waiting 25 min now

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    For sure the best thing for a hangover, but have you tried to buy them in the last year or so? its like trying to score crystal meth, fifty questions from the chemist....:D

"How bad is the pain? Would you not try anything else?"

They will suggest Alka Seltzer, which I cannot take because I have a reaction to it, and you should see the look on the chemists face when I tell them that..they usually scoff

Tell them you're on your period.
    "My uterus is spitting itself out in chunks".

Extra points if you're male and say it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

efb wrote: »
    Lateness. Why am the only one that arrives on time? Aaargh waiting 25 min now
    Ugh. If you miss an appointment but don't have a good reason to be late, you're basically telling other people that your time is worth more than theirs. :mad:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

TA'd that I'm a saddo! I just watched Once More With Feeling, the musical episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix and I knew the words of every single song. I crowed through them all! But f*ck it, I love it! And watching it was a good distraction from things.

Also, the apartment downstairs is no longer being advertised so somebody will be moving in soon. We've had the building to ourselves for almost a year and now we'll have to go back to talking discreetly going up and down the stairs. No more chasing each other up and down them either. God, I hope we don't get a psycho neighbour, or a Nosy Nelly neighbour, or a sl*tty neighbour!!

Oh and my sister's puppy chewed my phone. It's my own stupid fault, it slipped out of my pocket. It actually works pretty ok but it has acted up a few times. TA'd that I'll have to get a new phone at some stage. I hate parting with anything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Even the not so bad limerick accent is still terrible

Hmm. Are we talking about a "We're from Chountah Limerrigg, junowhattah-fcukan-mane?!?" accent, such as my own, or more of a City "HowzitgoanyoungfellAAAHH, bwallacks!" sort of thing? Or, saints preserve us, West Limerick, which is indistinguishable from North Kerry? "I've toult 'oo before, I'll tell 'oo agin - my mother and father were two Kerry Min!" :)

I am so there, dudette. :)

Jim is my hero

Jim is my hero

I'm sorry, I can't hear you - my uterus has just exploded.

Well done TA'ers...a whole day with not one mention of a Hooha!

My TA is I bought a homeless guy tea and a slice of upside down pineapple cake but I haven't had any sugar all week and it looked so good, I nearly didn't give it to him. I R glutton.

Also, I'm pretty sure a sandwich would have been better for him but CAKE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Dirty fecker trying to start us off arent ya ;) Hangover must be gone so?

Furburger!

Colser wrote: »

The hangover made him horny I bet

Me? Try and start you lot off? Never!:D

The hangover made him horny I bet
    :D...Probably but hes like that everyday really..always trying to lower the tone..:pac:

• Advertisement

I know! Bit of a pervert is our T

jimgoose wrote: »
    Furburger!
    Speaking of burgers jim you have to drive through Tramore Rd some night..There must be some kinda takeaway place in one of the yards as theres a flashing red neon sign on the road..it flashes on/off really quickly and it just says KEBAB :D I have to laugh everytime I pass it an think of the ttayers..

15 huge French lunatics vs. 15 huge Welsh lunatics, down t'Woolpack, loads a ' porter. It TAs me that I'm not TAd at the moment. Allez!! :)

Speaking of burgers jim you have to drive through Tramore Rd some night..There must be some kinda takeaway place in one of the yards as theres a flashing red neon sign on the road..it flashes on/off really quickly and it just says KEBAB :D I have to laugh everytime I pass it an think of the ttayers..

Takeaway me hole. That has to be a hoorhouse!:)

:D...Probably but hes like that everyday really..always trying to lower the tone..:pac:
    I know! Bit of a pervert is our T

Pure as the driven snow is me.;)

Takeaway me hole. That has to be a hoorhouse!:)
    :D Well Im not checking it out now anyway...I will make enquiries..:pac:

My TA is I bought a homeless guy tea and a slice of upside down pineapple cake but I haven't had any sugar all week and it looked so good, I nearly didn't give it to him. I R glutton.

Also, I'm pretty sure a sandwich would have been better for him but CAKE.

Forget about it. Sing Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" at the top of your lungs in the same accent as the fella who owns the Chinese restaurant in South Park. "Just a sh1tty boy... " :)

This talk about takeaways has me gagging for a snack box....But it's Chile con carne for tea in our house tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

One of my wisdom teeth is coming up and there's a sharp bit that's constantly rubbing against my cheek, it's sore and annoying and happens for weeks at a time every few months.

I am in turmoil. I went into pennies to get knickers, and came out with two pairs of shoes, Minnie mouse pjs, fluffy socks, a dress and a tshirt and a travel toothbrush. Why can't I save :(

• Advertisement

I am in turmoil. I went into pennies to get knickers, and came out with two pairs of shoes, Minnie mouse pjs, fluffy socks, a dress and a tshirt and a travel toothbrush. Why can't I save :(

I suggest a trip to Bloomingdales in NYC. At €5,000 per-dress they'll put you off it quare lively. It's called Aversion Therapy.:)

I suggest a trip to Bloomingdales in NYC. At €5,000 per-dress they'll put you off it quare lively. :)

They really wouldnt :( I've spent in/around a grand on a pair of shoes. I have a Chanel handbag that lmii bought me for my birthday. Id just be sad :(

One of my wisdom teeth is coming up and there's a sharp bit that's constantly rubbing against my cheek, it's sore and annoying and happens for weeks at a time every few months.

Have it pulled. That's going to cause infection and all kinds of rollocks. Poor Punkin!

Your uterus exploded?, what, both of them?:)

They really wouldnt :( I've spent in/around a grand on a pair of shoes. I have a Chanel handbag that lmii bought me for my birthday. Id just be sad :(

I'd love ta be baytin' ya, ya quare yoke ya! :)

I'd love ta be baytin' ya, ya quare yoke ya! :)

:eek: Christian is that you

:eek: Christian is that you

You wot?? :)

Christian. Your man that loves knocking 50 shades out of people

Christian. Your man that loves knocking 50 shades out of people

Still not with you chief. I knock 50 shades out of no-one who isn't looking for it! :)

• Advertisement

TA that I have the most disgusting thoughts. For example, in a restaurant now - wondering if people in the kitchen ever cum in the detergent part of the dishwasher and wash the plates in baby batter. Put me right off eating the rest of my food

Still not with you chief. I knock 50 shades out of no-one who isn't looking for it! :)

Christian grey from 50 shades lol, into the spanking and all that! Don't mind me I'm just hyper today

TA that I have the most disgusting thoughts. For example, in a restaurant now - wondering if people in the kitchen ever cum in the detergent part of the dishwasher and wash the plates in baby batter. Put me right off eating the rest of my food

I know a guy who got sacked for sticking his mickey in the bacon slicer, mind you they sacked the bacon slicer as well:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

My hands are getting wrinkly. I don't want Madonna hands :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Our new kitten has scratched my jeans and left lots of marks!

But she is sooooo cute!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    My hands are getting wrinkly. I don't want Madonna hands :( .

Ugh, I have Madonna hands. My hands have always looked years older than the rest of me, they have very prominent veins which makes them look wrinkly. I have my mother's and nanny's hands, they remind me of little brown kippers :(

Ever since I was really young, I've been mad interested in true crime, my Dad was too, and his Dad before him. I can remember hiding out in my Grandad's shed with a pile of True Detective magazines, I must have only been about 8. Nowadays I'm spoilt for choice with crime channels on the TV. My TA is as I get older the stories are really getting to me, to the point of giving me weird dreams, and generally sticking in my head. It's like being scared of something but you can't stop yourself from looking at it :(

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I know a guy who got sacked for sticking his mickey in the bacon slicer, mind you they sacked the bacon slicer as well:D

So they should, the brazen yoke!

73Cat wrote: »
    Ugh, I have Madonna hands. My hands have always looked years older than the rest of me, they have very prominent veins which makes them look wrinkly...

Only one cure for that, chief - wash your hands in baby-batter. :)

I bet people's insides must look very youthful then

I bet people's insides must look very youthful then

Jizz-o-Matic - a hundred different uses!! :)

I'm a good girl Jim, I wouldnt know about that

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement