Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Flyer28 wrote: »
    Those Rudolph things people are putting on their cars....

Now, don't 'Bah Humbug' me!

I'm not against Christmas decorations, music, ambiance, getting into the spirit and all that. The house is like Santa's grotto at the moment, the lights are up outside and I'm looking forward to my presents and turkey.

Personally, I draw the line at decorating the car but whatever works for you.

But these things are just stupid and they don't even look like what they are supposed to.

They don't make your car look like Rudolph (no not even in an ironic way) and after a few weeks of winter weather a lot of them are already looking dirty, tatty and sorry for themselves.

They just look silly and make their owners look like a mug for paying whatever they paid for them.
    I suspect that they're bought by the same people who drive around with as many county flags as possible hanging out of their cars during hurling season. It's just something to have stuck to the car. Maybe they have some sort of defect that makes them need the sound of fluttering on the car. Awful things, the reindeer antlers and car flags.

I have been hit while driving the bike by stupid antlers falling off cars and stupid GAA flags falling off cars :mad: burn them all!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Lost in Translation- watched it tonight for the first time, nyeh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Sleeping in this morning and as a consequence meeting the one-mile tailback that I'm usually ahead of. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having no cover for work so having to drag my disgusting germy self vomitting into a bag the entire way to dublin only to have to isolate myself from people anyway. Is there a winter vomitting bug going around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Sleeping in this morning and as a consequence meeting the one-mile tailback that I'm usually ahead of. :mad:

Just say to the traffic you would rather not put up with this.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Just say to the traffic you would rather not put up with this.

It's an incentive to get up earlier all right. I did a bold thing though by driving down the hard shoulder and cutting in....:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Having no cover for work so having to drag my disgusting germy self vomitting into a bag the entire way to dublin only to have to isolate myself from people anyway. Is there a winter vomitting bug going around?

There is - it's not fun. I had it last week - lasted for 2 days.

It was awful, I've been sick and vomiting a lot the last 3 months. Just as that was easing and I could eat again I got the winter vomiting bug. Worst luck in the world. I'm thinking I'm due some good luck and need to do the lotto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

Booking fees. I wanted to go to the hobbit tonight and no matter what I am being charged an extra 50c per person just to book the ticket. Ridiculous.
    On a plus note, I seem to have won a competition for Mac makeup. On the downside I am a single male.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I was arranging presents under the tree last night when I spied one that my OH had ovbiously bought and wrapped for me. I was ithcing with curiosity as there is something I really want and the feel and size of the present really resembled it. I poked a tiny hole in it and tried to ascertain if it was what I thought but needed to dig a little further. Didn't want to make it obvious I'd been mooching so had a look around for some leftover, matching paper - thinking I'd be very clever and open up the present then re-wrap it so OH would be none the wiser. Alas I could find no more of said paper. I found one that was close in colour but had santas instead of snowmen. I thought about re-wrapping all my presents from her in the same paper to make it less obvious, but there wasn't quite enough. I simply had to know if it was what I thought it was! I knew if I opened it up on Christmas morning and it was a copy or a different brand I'd be disappointed, so figured it was actually kinder to my OH for me to know straight away. Mum came into the sitting room and saw me sitting cross-legged on the floor, clutching the parcel. She looked at me like I had two heads and told me to stop being a kid and put it back. After she left, I tore a bigger hole in it so that I was able to pull out the zip to see the brand name. I nearly cried with disappointment - it wasn't the present I'd been hoping for. But maybe it was something better?! I held it to me for a moment or two more before I eventually gave in to temptation and tore the whole thing open in a flash!

It was a present that I had bought for my Mum and wrapped only 48 hours before :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Just turned on the radio and nearly blasted the fuucken ears off myself!!

No, not an ad for AC/DC concerts, just two noisy shouty bastard "cool n hip" DJ's, your man from Westlife and some silly bint, rabbiting on about inane sh1te and acting like everything is just great craic. Getting paid for fcuk all!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Just turned on the radio and nearly blasted the fuucken ears off myself!!

No, not an ad for AC/DC concerts, just two noisy shouty bastard "cool n hip" DJ's, your man from Westlife and some silly bint, rabbiting on about inane sh1te and acting like everything is just great craic. Getting paid for fcuk all!!!

That's what you get for having 2fm tuned in, grandad ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

OldNotWIse wrote: »

It was a present that I had bought for my Mum and wrapped only 48 hours before :(

You'd better hope Santa already has you ticked off as being nice for this year or you're fooked at christmas. :pac:

That's what you get for having 2fm tuned in, grandad ;)

Ha, I will show you, I just tuned in to Lyric FM, so there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Waititng on my bus home,across the road is a maternity hospital with a parking bay for ambulances.But its full of cars.Why do people park there,are they so miserable they wont pay for parking elsewhere.That really annoys me.

gramar wrote: »
    You'd better hope Santa already has you ticked off as being nice for this year or you're fooked at christmas. :pac:

He doesn't do Garda vetting or ICB checks does he? :(

Here's one for the loud, nouveau parenting types.

http://www.prezzybox.com/go-the-f-to-sleep.aspx

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Here's one for the loud, nouveau parenting types.

http://www.prezzybox.com/go-the-f-to-sleep.aspx

It doesn't work! :D
    Check out Samuel L Jackson reading this on you tube, it's brilliant (but audio NSFW)!

Using the mouse on my desktop pc to try to do things on the laptop open beside me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Using the mouse on my desktop pc to try to do things on the laptop open beside me.

Computer!!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

This used to bug the sh!t out of me when i was a child but doesn't really any more (mostly because i barely watch kids films these days). On the poster for the film or the video cover, the main character will almost always look ridiculously smug. Their eyelids will be half closed and/or they have their arms crossed over their chest. You can tell it's what some studio exec in his 80's thinks "This is what a young person thinks is cool". It just makes me want to punch them in their stupid CGI face!

My OH still won't tell me what she wants for Christmas. I'm close to leaving TA behind and just being really f.ucking angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I was in a lovely bakery earlier where they have little samples of the various cakes available for people to try. Some absolute grubby be-atch fondled nearly every one with her bare hands in an attempt to find what I assume was the biggest piece.

An Post putting the 'return to sender' stickers over the addressee's name on the envelope - pain in the backside!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Ridiculous amounts of compensation being awarded for minor injuries. In the last 2 days I've read about 2 cases where each individual was awarded more than 20 grand each for relatively minor injuries. 1 guy got about 23 grand for falling off a 'defective kerb' and scraping his knees. The parents of a child who fell and hit his head on a radiator in a pub when he was 1 and a half were awarded more than 26 grand for the scar on his head. Ffs, the world has gone mad.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Vel wrote: »
    I was in a lovely bakery earlier where they have little samples of the various cakes available for people to try. Some absolute grubby be-atch fondled nearly every one with her bare hands in an attempt to find what I assume was the biggest piece.

Some people are mank. A guy just opened the fridge at work, and sneezed straight into it. Didn't make any attempt to cover his mouth or anything. I've got a (closed) carton of milk in there, don't want to touch it now :mad:

• Advertisement

whitewave wrote: »
    Some people are mank. A guy just opened the fridge at work, and sneezed straight into it. Didn't make any attempt to cover his mouth or anything. I've got a (closed) carton of milk in there, don't want to touch it now :mad:

You need to smack his face with a leather glove and demand satisfaction, I suggest pistols at dawn.............not a rendition of The Stones hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,232 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

whitewave wrote: »

Jesus! I'd put up with a lot, but that's right up there with skid marks! :mad:

Meanwhile, having sat for too long when your legs go numb and someone asks are you coming for lunch, it's easier just say "no", than struggle like a beached whale for the next 20 minutes while trying to get some feeling back in your legs... :o

Watching them walk off like "see that snobby bastard, doesn't want to go for lunch with us now" looks on their faces... feck it, they'll be over it by the time they get back :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I said it this time last year and I'm saying it again today, bus loads of kids being brought to shopping centres to perform for parents and grandparents collect for charity. Every fecking year it's the same primary school with the little 6 year olds. Right smack outside the main shops you want to get into. I'd to go into Dunnes via one door and out the other door just to get to the trolley bay. Bussing 100+ kids to a busy shopping centre is fcuking ridiculous. The school is a 20 minute walk away at most. It can't be cheap to hire a coach and it's fcuking annoying. That's the 5th local school to be rattling a bucket in the shopping centre since last week.:mad:

Just reading the paper there...

Gardai arrested a guy in Cork, a father of sixteen kids, in his forties....but hold on,
    they also arrested his twenty two year old son, who is a father of seven, AND his partner is expecting their eight child. Imagine if all sixteen reproduce at that rate, has anyone got a calculator?

Now is it just me.............

See that's why I always laugh when dads say they want sons because they're less hassle than girls. It would be next to impossible to have that many kids at 22 for girls. Boys are more hardship

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Organising people to be on-call over Christmas and oraganising people to be in the office over the holiday period.
    My good jesus, I've been at this for over a month now and still people are chopping and changing.

See that's why I always laugh when dads say they want sons because they're less hassle than girls. It would be next to impossible to have that many kids at 22 for girls. Boys are more hardship

Could be done (legally?)....maybe twins here or there.;)

Just reading the paper there...

Gardai arrested a guy in Cork, a father of sixteen kids, in his forties....but hold on,
    they also arrested his twenty two year old son, who is a father of seven, AND his partner is expecting their eight child. Imagine if all sixteen reproduce at that rate, has anyone got a calculator?

Now is it just me.............

Reproducing at that rate, I'd nearly wonder how they even found time to get into trouble! This clip explains a lot -

Town at this time of year. Mother of God. It's insane. People everywhere. Can't move. Slow f.cukers in front, fast f.uckers behind. People bumping and pushng and shoving. Happy Jesus's birthday!!!!!

Town at this time of year. Mother of God. It's insane. People everywhere. Can't move. Slow f.cukers in front, fast f.uckers behind. People bumping and pushng and shoving. Happy Jesus's birthday!!!!!

Mmm. I made the tactical schoolboy error of cruising down to Mahon Point shopping centre in Cork on the afternoon of December 23rd last. Nice place, bright, roomy, nice shops, etc. but the traffic. Oh by Cheeses the traffic in and out of the blasted place... :(

Said it before but it's worthy of another mention. People who say, "Oh hi" when you answer their call.

Golf umbrellas, useful in acres and acres of nobody else around. Not so useful digging a spoke into the back of my head while walking down a busy street! :mad:

Took slight comfort from watching said umbrella dragging it's hapless owner down the street, before turning inside out on him :D

"Would you like a bag, or anything??" from youngwans in grocery stores. "No, I have a bag here thank you, but this 'anything' malarkey has me intrigued. I'd like a 1974 Cadillac Eldorado, a stable World energy supply, a fair crack-of-the-whip for the little guy, and a large side-plate of peace and goodwill!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not averse to swearing where appropriate or for emphasis. But people who put f***ing in the middle of multi syllable words. Un (f***ing) believable, Liver (f***ing) pool, etc. Just does my head in.

jimgoose wrote: »
    "Would you like a bag, or anything??" from youngwans in grocery stores. "No, I have a bag here thank you, but this 'anything' malarkey has me intrigued. I'd like a 1974 Cadillac Eldorado, a stable World energy supply, a fair crack-of-the-whip for the little guy, and a large side-plate of peace and goodwill!" :D

I could just imagine the expression on her a face..

"Ya wah? a catholic dorrito? ya need to the chemist for them":D

• Advertisement

I could just imagine the expression on her a face..

"Ya wah? a catholic dorrito? ya need to the chemist for them":D

Yes child, the one as big as you are!! And God bless us every one!! :D

You wait ages for the noise to die down so that you can actually hear your ears and make a call...and just as soon as you dial the number the place goes deathly quiet so that everyone can hear what you are saying.

Remember last year when the good weather meant loads of xmas trees came into people's houses with ladybird infestations?

Yeah well this year it seems to be worms - a dozen of the fcukers have dropped off my tree in the half hour it has be standing! Lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Tubes of toothpaste that don't come with a flip cap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Remember last year when the good weather meant loads of xmas trees came into people's houses with ladybird infestations?

Yeah well this year it seems to be worms - a dozen of the fcukers have dropped off my tree in the half hour it has be standing! Lovely

Artificial trees for life :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,937 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Golf umbrellas, useful in acres and acres of nobody else around. Not so useful digging a spoke into the back of my head while walking down a busy street! :mad:

When I stage my benevolent coup, all umbrellas will be banned anywhere other than on the golf course.

This. I had to go to the chemist today to see if I could get something to stop me hoofing. I practically crawled my way onto grafton street, on the verge of passing out, and had people shove into me in all directions, got to boots then and it was like battling through a stampede to get to the bottom of the shop, people pushing and weaving and out because God forbid they get held up for a second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

I've just had my annual review which went well, the annoyance is that now I feel the work year is over, everyone is taking it easy and I still have to come into the office Thursday and Friday - I want my holidays. Plus why do I keep thinking today is Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The bug going around at the moment, **** it

Have it, they could use whats coming out of my nose for the next Alien film or some such similar film, thank heavens for Aloe Vera tissues and the soft part of my cycling glove!!!!
    yep, thought you'd appreciate all that!!

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    When I stage my benevolent coup, all umbrellas will be banned anywhere other than on the golf course.

I for one will welcome our new Umbrella banning Overlord :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement