Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I'm a good girl Jim, I wouldnt know about that

You are yeah, fantasizing about fellas spurting into the sink in the restaurant kitchen. G'wan our' dat! :).

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

jimgoose wrote: »
    Only one cure for that, chief - wash your hands in baby-batter. :)
    Ha ha, must always read carefully - glanced quickly and saw "wash your hands in baby-sitter".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

TA - why can't I meet channing Tatum and marry his beautiful face

How cool is my tshirt for tomorrow though?
    http://s16.postimg.org/mwna5fgph/image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Why Channing Tatum, though? So many girls are going on about how devastatingly roidable he is, but I don't get it! Is it like that black and blue/ white and gold dress EVERYONE is TAingly sharing on Facebook? Am I just not seeing what everyone else sees? When I look at pictures of him I just see a tw@. I actually looked at him again there to give him another chance and - yep, still a tw@.

He's a beaut. God he's beautiful. Him and Bressie, rawr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Savage body and dancer, decent actor and cute face. He's nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Get in line Lexie...:D

Colser wrote: »
    Get in line Lexie...:D

I am C, hope you're not too lonely at the back!! ;)

I think I just don't like Mr Tatum because I don't like muscly men. Why? I don't know.

Which reminds me of a TA - those absolute tw@s in the gym that just sit on the weight-lifting benches for ages, staring hungrily at their reflections in the mirror, looking like they actually want to have their wicked way with themselves. No doubt the muscles on one arm are WAY bigger than the ones on the other. And when they actually do "pump iron", they make these ridiculously loud extended grunting noises. I understand that it takes some serious effort and that is admirable, but do they have to sound like they're taking the world's biggest sh*t?!

• Advertisement

Lmii goes for that whole muscley thing too but it's nowhere near as impressive. E for effort :mad:

Bruce Lee - now there was an impressive muscly man. In The Way of The Dragon, when he's preparing to fight Chuck Norris (best martial arts fight scene ever) he stretches and flexes and bends and kicks, showing off how every muscle is honed to perfection and showing how flexible he is. Every time I've watched it I'm impressed. Except for when he stretches his shoulder muscles and they pop out cat-like. That makes me throw up in my mouth a little. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Bruce Lee - now there was an impressive muscly man. In The Way of The Dragon, when he's preparing to fight Chuck Norris (best martial arts fight scene ever) he stretches and flexes and bends and kicks, showing off how every muscle is honed to perfection and showing how flexible he is. Every time I've watched it I'm impressed. Except for when he stretches his shoulder muscles and they pop out cat-like. That makes me throw up in my mouth a little. :p

Showing your age now::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Its a lovely morning folks, sun is shining, not too cold. TA that I have nothing to grumble about. Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I think with Channing Tatum ,hes good looking and has muscles but there is just something off about him.Hes not as good looking as he should have been.I cant put my finger on it.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Showing your age now::D

Excuuuse me, Sir. I am only 27! :D

Its a lovely morning folks, sun is shining, not too cold. TA that I have nothing to grumble about. Yet.

Grrrr. Am in the cafe in the park....it's now lashing outside!

Grrrr. Am in the cafe in the park....it's now lashing outside! We are trapped!

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Excuuuse me, Sir. I am only 27! :D

27, and you are up at this time on a Sunday morning, you should be ashamed:D

I remember going to that in the cinema:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Am totally furious this morning. Far more volatile than the most combustible substance on the planet. That is all.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

It's smowing!! Noooooooo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Snowing not smowing. Typos annoy me :(

I've just been looking at pics of people I was at school with in the 80's at an alternative disco the other night. They all look so OLD, it's making me feel old thinking that some of them will see me when I'm out and about and think 'she's gotten old':( Oh well, at least I'm not a 40 something trying to relive being 16.:D

The weather is trolling me.
    When I got up this morning it was a lovely sunny day.
    Then I went out in it and got soaked as it started raining once I was about 2 miles away from home.
    I got home, got dried off and finally got warmed up and it has started snowing out there!
    I want to go walking in the snow but knowing my luck today I will get hit by lightening!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

When you are in a loo & there is one of those big steel silver loo roll holders, and you trying to get you some loo paper, but you have to keep spinning and spinning in order to try and grab some, makes me cross

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Grrrr. Am in the cafe in the park....it's now lashing outside! We are trapped!

Reading this is like a scary movie script.

The oh made me breakfast in bed, and is now hogging the tv watching stupid football and when the football is over hell hog it watching rugby and I can't even complain because I'll just be nagging him.

The oh made me breakfast in bed, and is now hogging the tv watching stupid football and when the football is over hell hog it watching rugby and I can't even complain because I'll just be nagging him.

You think you have problems. It TAs me that my name isn't Richard Wigglesworth, like the Saracens/England scrum-half. :)

Some serious rides on that today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Imagine going through school with a name that resembles Dick Wiggle though...

• Advertisement

Imagine going through school with a name that resembles Dick Wiggle though...

You could always pal around with young Leigh Halfpenny and Will Twelvetrees. Straight out of a Robin Hood yarn, wha'? :)

You could always pal around with young Leigh Halfpenny and Will Twelvetrees. Straight out of a Robin Hood yarn, wha'? :)

They probably laughed at us when we had Dick Spring in Our lineout.

Some serious rides on that today

I can just about see you doing a 22-stone prop-forward's eyebrows right enough squire! :)

I can just about see you doing a 22-stone prop-forward's eyebrows right enough squire! :)

Cian Healy walked past work yesterday but I only got a look at a side profile and I was like meh he's wearing tracksuits like a knacker. Saw him on tv today and God if I knew then what I know now!!

Are they really 22 stone??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Cian Healy walked past work yesterday but I only got a look at a side profile and I was like meh he's wearing tracksuits like a knacker. Saw him on tv today and God if I knew then what I know now!!

No. The'y all be between 15 and 19 stone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

that most of the bread slices are too big for the toaster and the toasted sandwich maker. there's always a good inch sticking out :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

that most of the bread slices are too big for the toaster and the toasted sandwich maker. there's always a good inch sticking out :-(

So you won't burn ur finger when checking it???

Tee hee:D

Ta - a close friend has been away in Florida working for almost 2 years. She told nobody she came home til she messaged me on facebook today telling me to go meet her.

That's grand, threw on a pair of nice shoes. 5 inch heels, oh dropped me to where she said she'd be. No sign of her. Ring her sisters phone, "where ye at?" XXX pub - THE OTHER END OF THE TOWN. And I'm sober. And it's freezing cold. And now I have to stride across this stupid town to go to a pub I won't even be drinking in

Some of the front-row dudes can be as much as that. The great John "Bull" Hayes was nearly 20 stone at his peak, and he's an oul' fella. :)

• Advertisement

Jesus, how do they not make bits of themselves when they fall

Jesus, how do they not make bits of themselves when they fall

John is a hill-farmer, not too far from where I grew up. They say he used to train by propping against actual Whitehead bulls, and pulling oul' tractors uphill via a rope over his shoulder. Me, I think he just walked away quietly into Legend, like Kwai-Chang Caine. G'wan the fcukan Bull Hayes, bah!! ;)

:eek: are you joking?

:eek: are you joking?

No. My father employed another hill-farmer years ago, named Lar. No-one has ever heard of him, but he weighed 19 stone and could lift a half-ton off the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have no luck with toasted sandwich makers. No matter how I look after the plates, no matter how much I butter the bread , within a short amount of time the sandwiches begun to stick. I've had dirt cheap ones, and one ridiculously expensive one out of desperation. All the same, sammiches welded to them :(

73Cat wrote: »
    I have no luck with toasted sandwich makers. No matter how I look after the plates, no matter how much I butter the bread , within a short amount of time the sandwiches begun to stick. I've had dirt cheap ones, and one ridiculously expensive one out of desperation. All the same, sammiches welded to them :(

I was the same but am now using those toastie bags......they are great!

73Cat wrote: »

Years ago we used a George Foreman grill for making toasted sandwiches and it was really good. These days cheese and bread are not my friends.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

"Legos" annoys me. They are "LEGO bricks": LEGO (all caps) is the name of the company that makes the bricks, not the bricks themselves.

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

The fact I can find myself in the middle of a rave on a Sunday night stone cold sober

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,319 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Idiots who use full beams when driving in town or a street lit area at night.
    This is becoming a regular occurrence. I walk my dog in the evenings.
    And this is becoming TA.
    I know the road is quieter at night. But WTF?
    Have I to wear my shades FFS?
    If yer that nervous driving at night should ye be driving at all?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement