Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It's fffffreezing outside and I've got to do a 4 hour round trip on a bus to have an MRI. Lots of standing around in the bitter cold.:( Forget putting on my big girl pants, it's time for my big girl flannel pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Morning Titties. TA cos I woke up to snow. I hate snow. It's a pain the hoop

Poor Pseeds. fingers crossed for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

It's fffffreezing outside and I've got to do a 4 hour round trip on a bus to have an MRI. Lots of standing around in the bitter cold.:( Forget putting on my big girl pants, it's time for my big girl flannel pants.

Ah I Hope today goes your way so I do :)

My TA today is that when I normally work an early shift to start at 7am, my 1st alarm goes off at 5:30am.
    Now today I am off and resting my back & legs this morning I find myself wide awake listening to birdies chirp & sing at yes, 5:30am and I've been awake since!
    I also done some ridiculous online shopping for items I genuinely just do NOT need,
    but hey tis Monday & I am off resting. Also looking forward to getting my hair done tomorrow so could always be worse :)

Kinda nice balance for the start to my week.

Hope Monday is kind to you all,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that it is monday. That is all. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

When you're in a Londis or Centra and the assistant is so impatient they start serving the next person by reaching over your head while you are still trying to pack your purchases as fast as you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TA'd at idiots who go to the ticket machines in the station and stare at them like a blundering gob****e while the queue builds up behind them - this particular one managed to hit the timeout twice, it's hard enough to hit it once!

TA'd at women who get onto a not full train, pretty much stand in the doorway and whip out a broadsheet newspaper instantly to try and stop anyone from getting on behind them. I hope I mangled your Times you stupid cow.

Also TA'd at people who choose 5:50pm Friday to send an urgent request through when they knew full well that I was leaving at 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Monday. F.uck.

Shandashey wrote: »
    When you are in a loo & there is one of those big steel silver loo roll holders, and you trying to get you some loo paper, but you have to keep spinning and spinning in order to try and grab some, makes me cross

And when you eventually manage to get your hands on it, you only manage to pull off a bit before it retreats back in to where it was hiding and you have to go pulling at it again...

* so many dirty thoughts :D
    The oh made me breakfast in bed, and is now hogging the tv watching stupid football and when the football is over hell hog it watching rugby and I can't even complain because I'll just be nagging him.

Must re-read this every time I wonder if I should be living a hetero life...

that most of the bread slices are too big for the toaster and the toasted sandwich maker. there's always a good inch sticking out :-(

:D Don't complain about the extra inch. It can make all the difference. :P
    (TA that manhood measurements still don't conform to the metric system)
    Ta - a close friend has been away in Florida working for almost 2 years. She told nobody she came home til she messaged me on facebook today telling me to go meet her.

That's grand, threw on a pair of nice shoes. 5 inch heels, oh dropped me to where she said she'd be. No sign of her. Ring her sisters phone, "where ye at?" XXX pub - THE OTHER END OF THE TOWN. And I'm sober. And it's freezing cold. And now I have to stride across this stupid town to go to a pub I won't even be drinking in

This happened me a number of weeks back. I wound up abandoning the car, half píssed and trudging up a snowy hill in 5 inch stilletos at midnight, with nobody else around except the cows in the fields looking at me. Old Larry missed his chance that night!

ONW Dmatized ! happens us ladies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Morning Titties. TA cos I woke up to snow. I hate snow. It's a pain the hoop

Poor Pseeds. fingers crossed for you

:eek:

I kept seeing this in here and couldn't understand what it was about. I thought there was some weird unpleasantness involved in having boobs in the morning that you guys were complaining about but that no woman in my life had ever mentioned before.

It just clicked... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

people in construction presuming that because you are in a management role you cannot be tired after a days work. Did 90 hrs last week and the boss reckons i have it handy.

Max :D This thread is all about boobies and va jay jays

Max :D This thread is all about boobies and va jay jays

And gooters. Don't forget the gooters. Which reminds me I've to go and get me gooter inspected soon (apparently at our age it's every three years). I've never quite got over my first one when I wound up splayed on the examination table, gooter bracing itself, only for the doctor to start foostering around and saying, "now where is that speculum, I had it here. Someone must have taken it" :eek: I'm thinking that thing is going nowhere near me....you actually don't know where it's been :(

ONW me too :( The last time I went the doctor left the speculum in me gooter while she went off to get a sample jar :(

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    And gooters. Don't forget the gooters. Which reminds me I've to go and get me gooter inspected soon (apparently at our age it's every three years). I've never quite got over my first one when I wound up splayed on the examination table, gooter bracing itself, only for the doctor to start foostering around and saying, "now where is that speculum, I had it here. Someone must have taken it" :eek: I'm thinking that thing is going nowhere near me....you actually don't know where it's been :(

Actually, you DO know where it has been! :D

Also don't get this whole "I'd prefer a lady doctor" rubbish. It's not as if a male doctor (who has probably seen enough ladybits to last a lifetime) is going to take one look at your gooter and suddenly and without warning take leave of his senses and leap across at you :rolleyes: Also, I worry that a female doctor might engage in a bit of gooter one up manship. Women are fiercely competitive by nature. I imagine they can't help thinking hmmm well mine is a bit neater/tighter/whatever-er :o

ONW me too :( The last time I went the doctor left the speculum in me gooter while she went off to get a sample jar :(

Mine hurt like hell. And she got all accusing and said, "how old are you? are you sure you're not a virgin?" and I'm there thinking no you're just a ham fisted psycho who likes shoving things in people's gooters :mad: Then she told me she couldn't do it properly because it was slipping. The cheek, She more or less implied that I was enjoying it. How else would you interpret that :( I've had more fun in a dentists chair :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I think I posted this before, but I remember Mrs E going for her "NCT". and taking extra care that morning, shower and a tidy up downstairs. all in all, attention to detail on the hygiene front. she came home raging "I go to all that trouble, and whats the first thing he does? Puts on gloves!! of all the nerve!"
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Complicated business, ladyparts. However I think we can all agree that "Gooter Speculum and the Ham-Fisted Psychos" would be an excellent name for an Appalachian Folk Revival outfit. :cool:

"Nurse, will you ring Mrs Flanagan, and ask her if she has seen my Rolex?"

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I think I posted this before, but I remember Mrs E going for her "NCT". and taking extra care that morning, shower and a tidy up downstairs. all in all, attention to detail on the hygiene front. she came home raging "I go to all that trouble, and whats the first thing he does? Puts on gloves!! of all the nerve!"
    :D

Should be called an LPC, lady parts check up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

People who take more than 60 seconds to use an ATM. What the actual fcuk are you doing?

People who take more than 60 seconds to use an ATM. What the actual fcuk are you doing?

* Fat-fingering the PIN - 50%
    * Using the cashsave card for the current account, and vice-versa - 20%
    * Using an Xtravision card - 10% (This is considered particularly good form, and bonus Dumb and/or Desparation points are awarded as appropriate)
    * Not having the first general glimmer about anything with a screen and buttons - 20%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I get myself waxed every 4 weeks so I'm fine with people all up in my business - except when it comes to smears. I turned 25 last year, so had to get my first one. The results came back abnormal (they never elaborated on this either) and told me I needed it done again in 12 months. Had it done in September there, and was told that I needed it done again in 12 months. So I'll have had 3 smears in 3 years. I thought it was supposed to be 1 every 3 years :mad:

I do think men are much more gentle than women though. Summer 2013, I was in hospital with terrible tummy ache, was very sick, they thought it was my appendix but it wasn't, then they were sure it was an ectopic pregnancy, so I was sent to gynae to have one of those awful internal exams and that bitch was HORRIBLE. She gave out to me for taking the lift, saying I should take the stairs, she lectured me on safe sex, she was quite rough with it too, I was so annoyed with her I was actually going to complain about her. I also had to wrap a sheet around myself to go to the bathroom because they didn't have/didn't give me a gown.

...I do think men are much more gentle than women though...

You're not wrong. Some female doctors and nurses are as rough as a bear's arse, no empathy about them at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Snow and wind chill. I've waited since mid October for the trout season to begin again. Gear all readied for a session this morning only to be met with snow flurries and -6 with wind chill. Give a guy a break!!!

Eugh. It is nice to be male sometimes. I dont think a medical professional has seen my gear since the day I was born.
    Then again, if I was female I would spend all day at home playing with my boobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Launching satellites, you hear about 100 buttons being pressed and no sign of money.

How about the ****ers who have been queuing up, get to the atm, put their bag on it, rummage to find their purse and then have to find their card.

Eugh. It is nice to be male sometimes. I dont think a medical professional has seen my gear since the day I was born.
    Then again, if I was female I would spend all day at home playing with my boobs.

Not when they're sore you wouldnt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

The upsurge in the use of literally.

I am literally gasping for a drink. Stop using extra words and order one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

F*ck off and wait for a reply to your text like a normal person! This holding the phone out - AWAY from your ear - and pressing the call button again and again and AGAIN to make sure you get a reply to your text is MENTAL, rude and oh so f*cking annoying!!!! Well you can ring all you want, I will reply when I feel like it. 3 calls and you only text a minute ago. Leave me in peace!

Shemale wrote: »
    The upsurge in the use of literally.

I am literally gasping for a drink. Stop using extra words and order one!

This is a real annoyance. Literally is the only word we have left to convey that something actually happened, and it's been hijacked by silly teenage girls who think the whole world revolves around them and their drama.

Ruining shoes by just walking in them. Beautiful pair of shoes on last night, got stuck in a grid on the footpath. Pulled it out, and it needed to be reheeled, but had to walk around with it anyway - they're ruined :(

This is a real annoyance. Literally is the only word we have left to convey that something actually happened, and it's been hijacked by silly teenage girls who think the whole world revolves around them and their drama.

<Jumps up-and-down like a hamster on amphetamines>OMG OMG!!! I SOOOOOOO agree!! :D

Jim OMG It was loike literally amazeballs. I loike todally sound loike totes ridic. Grrr. drives me cracked

• Advertisement

Like - totally.

Ruining shoes by just walking in them. Beautiful pair of shoes on last night, got stuck in a grid on the footpath. Pulled it out, and it needed to be reheeled, but had to walk around with it anyway - they're ruined :(

Do you know how difficult is it to find a shoe mender these days ?

jimgoose wrote: »
    <Jumps up-and-down like a hamster on amphetamines>OMG OMG!!! I SOOOOOOO agree!! :D

"And I 'm like yeah, and he is like no, and she is like duh, and I am like whatever, and I am like, you are all losers, and they are like, you are so up yourself"

SPEAK FCUKING ENGLISH!!

Those yokes that do be outside the bank on dame St/templebar. Fat girls in short shorts, ear lobes stretched to Kingdom come. And them swigging from a litre bottle of bulmers. I tell Ya, when I was that age It was Devils bit we were drinking from, 5.85 for a 2 litre bottle. It wasn't bulmers I was drinking and that was before the recession!

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    "And I 'm like yeah, and he is like no, and she is like duh, and I am like whatever, and I am like, you are all losers, and they are like, you are so up yourself"

SPEAK FCUKING ENGLISH!!

Totes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

DIY - I fooking hate DIY. Was putting up a coat rack thing yesterday that Mrs. Bap pulled off the wall a few weeks ago.

Drill hole. Tap in a plug. Repeat 4 times. Easy.
    Find out that the screws that previously held the f*cker up are now all of a sudden too short.
    Go to the local hardware place. I need 4 screws. Ah but the size I want only come in packs of 100. (So if anyone wants a screw, you know who to call :pac:)

Put up rack, 3 screws go in like magic. The 4th one refuses to fully screw into the f*cking hole, so now the head of that is sticking out a few milimeters from the rack. Rather than get too upset about that, that will just be an extra coat hook.

F*ck DIY.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    (So if anyone wants a screw, you know who to call :pac:)

Ah, jeez...thanks for the offer but I am married and hetro.
    xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Only having 40 Euro for the week! :(

Won't be able to afford physio for another week or two :(

****sake, get a call from neighbour out at home, cattle on the road. Get out home, all our cattle out, they were all in sheds so all gates are open and no fences are on. It's snowing like mad. I only have wellies that have slits in them so I have a pair of my brothers size 10 steel toe boots on my little feet, trying to follow them around and it pelting down snow. I had to borrow his warm jacket too, his good superdry one - and as I was climbing over a pen, it got all cow****e. He's going to kill me and the cattle are running amuck. It's very pretty though

deise08 wrote: »
    Only having 40 Euro for the week! :(

Won't be able to afford physio for another week or two :(

I have zero this week. I actually had to pretend I lost my wallet so I could borrow travel card off OH but....last week I owed 825 euro for my college fees and I paid 500 off them. This week I will pay 325. It will be hellish but I'd rather a short sharp shock and get them the f.uck out of the way than have them hanging over me. :(

****sake, get a call from neighbour out at home, cattle on the road. Get out home, all our cattle out, they were all in sheds so all gates are open and no fences are on. It's snowing like mad. I only have wellies that have slits in them so I have a pair of my brothers size 10 steel toe boots on my little feet, trying to follow them around and it pelting down snow. I had to borrow his warm jacket too, his good superdry one - and as I was climbing over a pen, it got all cow****e. He's going to kill me and the cattle are running amuck. It's very pretty though
    :

Sounds like some sonofabitch is a rustlin yer steers.....fire your sixgun in the air and stampede the herd past the saloon (Not the salon:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Wait till they start wanting to check out your prostate - then the fun will begin

I would give my right arm for a video of you rounding up cattle in the snow while wearing your brothers wellies and jacket and covered in muck.

Wait till they start wanting to check out your prostate - then the fun will begin

BB knows all about that :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement