Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

TA by the way in England on menus they write puddings instead of dessert. FFS a pudding is a type of dessert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Women's trousers and their (usual) lack of pockets. :mad:

It's cold and I'm sniffling a bit, where the hell am I supposed to put a tissue? NOT in my handbag, I don't want snots and their germs all over my phone/ keys etc.

I shoved the tissue up the sleeve of my 3/4 sleeve top. No doubt it'll fall on the floor when I stand up. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

This increase in the use of technology to try make products sound better but they are actually made up ****.

Vanish has "dirt lift and clean technology", it's ****ing detergent

Gillette with it's four blade technology, another blade isn't a technological breaktrough

Loreal with their "anti wrinkle technology", polyfilla for faces.

Stupid ads, Audrey Hepburn looking like a pixie getting off a bus to eat a Galaxy in a sportscar, WTF

Baby Dan products, ties in with the DIY.

I had to refit the attic stairgate four times, plastering each time, use their guide to fit it and it's always off when you hang the gate.

I put magnetic door locks on two doors, both have been "dealt with" by my 20 month old and now they work sporadically, peace of mind when your chemicals are in one of them :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    :

Sounds like some sonofabitch is a rustlin yer steers.....fire your sixgun in the air and stampede the herd past the saloon (Not the salon:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

People who wear beanie hats that hang off the back of their head! I just want to pluck it off the back of their head and post it in the nearest bin! ahhh! This's what I'm talking about: http://cdn02.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2009/01/david-beckham-beanie-bravado.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Dramatik wrote: »
    People who wear beanie hats that hang off the back of their head! I just want to pluck it off the back of their head and post it in the nearest bin! ahhh! This's what I'm talking about: http://cdn02.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2009/01/david-beckham-beanie-bravado.jpg

The only "Beanie"-type hats approved by the Society Of Proper Blokes is the standard black wool monkey-hat, like thusly:

http://www.yourquizmaster.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Wool-cap.jpg

There are a number of authorised looks that this may be used for, anything else is considered Heresy:

* Mechanics may wear these at all times, including weddings.
    * Current or ex-pilot of an old oil-cooled Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle.
    * "Docker", a la early Dexys Midnight Runners.
    * Wexford man who has been unemployed for 18 years, spends his days leaning on walls smokin' butts a' fags and knows more about JCBs than the manufacturers.

I trust this will be of some help and guidance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Damned American pool tables with their bigger balls, they're that much heavier it's impossible to judge my shot properly! :mad:

Matter of getting used to these things I know, but fast losing patience with this craic :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I would give my right arm for a video of you rounding up cattle in the snow while wearing your brothers wellies and jacket and covered in muck.

Excuse me but I'm an Onrale farmer!

Damned American pool tables with their bigger balls, they're that much heavier it's impossible to judge my shot properly! :mad:

Matter of getting used to these things I know, but fast losing patience with this craic :rolleyes:

Fnarr Fnarr :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Americans may have bigger balls, but the Irish have a longer cue:D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Americans may have bigger balls, but the Irish have a longer cue:D

Oo-er vicar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Excuse me but I'm an Onrale farmer!

I doubt there is a farmer this side of the shannon with a set of nails as well manicured as yours.

TA at the bloody awful weather, The heavens has just opened to a torrential hailstone shower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

MsBubbles wrote: »
    TA at the bloody awful weather, The heavens has just opened to a torrential hailstone shower

Pelting snow here and the forecast said it wouldn't start til 7 tonight so I left the umbrella at home. More fool me.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭fruttituttii

Sick of it already, its meant to be spring

• Advertisement

fruttiutti indeed where's the lovely spring weather ?

I looked like a yeti with my big winter coat and uggs this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭fruttituttii

I dunno but I hope it appears asap,

I still have a hot water bottle to bed every night, is that acceptable?

I have/had a lovely load of daffodils in my garden. But they always grow too high and thus are prone to breaking. The snow and hail yesterday has them destroyed. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'm a bit obsessed with recycling. It makes my blood boil when one of them puts the wrong type of rubbish into a particular bin. I just absentmindedly threw a bowl of kitchen scraps into the green recycling bin instead of the brown one. Cue pulling bin down into it's side, and crawling almost into it to scoop the guck back out. I'm traumatised that my recycling has been tainted with chicken bones etc :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

TA with my own unwillingness to go to the doctor, despite being on my fifth day of near crippleness with my foot.

It will fix itself dammit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Shemale wrote: »

Loreal with their "anti wrinkle technology", polyfilla for faces. :mad:

This really annoys me. Do people ever stop and think, "how did they design, develop and test this thing?" - by making life a living hell for defenceless mice, rats, rabbits and dogs. That's how. Stop contributing to the hell on earth for these poor creatures and just f.ucking grow old in dignity - it's a privilege denied to many :(

Jesus....why are mondays so long and painful? Cant wait to get home to the sanctuary that is my couch.
    Also TA that I have a plaster on my fingertip that is hampering my typing as i keep hitting the wrong keys.

When friends change. My friend came home from the states, did nothing but talk about who she rode and how big they were the entire night. Was kinda weird. "The state of him but he had a massive dick". I can't imagine how anyone could have sex with someone they didn't find attractive. She was never like that before either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

F**king gombeen threads clogging up the gaf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

When friends change. My friend came home from the states, did nothing but talk about who she rode and how big they were the entire night. Was kinda weird. "The state of him but he had a massive dick". I can't imagine how anyone could have sex with someone they didn't find attractive. She was never like that before either.

Everyone comes back from America saying how bigger the portions are over there, but never actually say it tastes any good!
    They usually end up pining for the taste of home after a while too!

TA that im forever losing my glasses. Most of my time goes looking for them

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

Sitting on the bus and when someone sits beside you, and they insist on making contact with your legs/arms. I HATE that so much. Don't touch me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Farting and peeing a little by mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Shandashey wrote: »
    Sitting on the bus and when someone sits beside you, and they insist on making contact with your legs/arms. I HATE that so much. Don't touch me

Me too! I hate this. I always end up being boxed in by a fat person too. Some pervy old f.ucking weirdo breathing heavily and touching his thigh off mine. Yeugh. I make it a personal rule now never to sit on the inside seat. Písses people off a little when the inside seat becomes fee and they clearly expect me to shuffle over onto the fat-warmed seat. I move to the side and allow them to pass by if they want.

And you can take that píssed off look off your face...it's the inside seat that became free. The one I am on is still taken :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The worst thing is you can't see them when you aren't wearing them:(. I'm fooked without mine. I tried to pick a patch of sunlight up off the floor once thinking it was something else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

My husband loses everything at least twice a day. Glasses, phone, wallet, bike keys, work keys, house keys, his neck sock, his bike gloves, the various remote controls, the list is endless - it's not that he has a head like a sieve, he just leaves his stuff everywhere. He's lucky he has 2 bikes because it regularly comes down to which keys he can find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Public transport. I thought the really strong perfume the woman in the seat in front of me on the bus this morning was wearing was bad. But it came in handy to mask the smell of the poor chap across the aisle who was vomitting into a plastic bag.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Public transport. I thought the really strong perfume the woman in the seat in front of me on the bus this morning was wearing was bad. But it came in handy to mask the smell of the poor chap across the aisle who was vomitting into a plastic bag.:eek:

Well at least he was doing it into a bag, not all over you :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

bonzodog2 wrote: »

Her packed lunch was in the bag....

:P

bonzodog2 wrote: »

Yeah, I felt sorry for the lad, I'd say it was some virus rather than anything self-inflicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Yeah, I felt sorry for the lad, I'd say it was some virus rather than anything self-inflicted.
    How did you get on at the hospital today Pumpkin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

TA that I seem to be getting yet another cold. :( And that it's so cold again outside, I was just going to put my wintery clothes away.

Colser wrote: »
    How did you get on at the hospital today Pumpkin?

Well, nobody took me aside to have a word about anything, so I'm hoping that's a good thing. :D I hate MRI's, it such a claustrophobic experience. Thanks for asking.:)

miezekatze wrote: »
    TA that I seem to be getting yet another cold. :( And that it's so cold again outside, I was just going to put my wintery clothes away.

Thermals are your friend on a week like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

eternal wrote: »
    Farting and peeing a little by mistake.
    Not as bad as when you "follow through" on the fart!

Irony. I was going to post earlier about the horror that is checking the toilet bowl in the cubicle of public toilets and hoping that there's nothing nasty lingering there. Then I went and blocked our own toilet, thankfully pouring buckets of water down it worked. Been a very long day and am feeling weary. I'd love an early night but next doors lodger seems to get deafer by the week and I can hear the tv really clearly.:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

blueser wrote: »
    Not as bad as when you "follow through" on the fart!

Like in that film 'shart'.

Despite it snowing the entire night, people still don't bother thawing out their windows properly. So many cars still had their back window full of snow. Must be great having eyes that can see through things

And then of course I had to get sitting next to this ****ing simpleton on the train, she was on the phone when I got on, bag and coat on the seat. Do you think she moved either? No. I had to ask her to move her stuff AFTER I sat down. Now she's asleep, head leaning against the window and arse taking up half my seat. So tempted to slam the arm rest down while saying EXCUSE ME really loudly.

People like that are like what camel vomit is to gourmet food.

I fell asleep on a train heading down the country once. When I woke there was this hot chick sitting opposite me. I gave her a wee devilish smile (as you do) and she grimaced.
    Then I realised that when I was sleeping I had also been dribbling. I got off at the next stop in shame.

Now she's asleep, head leaning against the window and arse taking up half my seat. So tempted to slam the arm rest down while saying EXCUSE ME really loudly. .

Annoying sleeping passengers are fair game to be used as a marker canvas for all sorts of rude and hilarious drawings etc...

• Advertisement

Morning Titties ! how's yer snowballs ? TA this morning cos the snow :( Stupid March weather

Stupid March weather

Stupid Smarch!!

Just give it a couple of weeks more, and we may get a sneak peak of summer in April!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

TA with my own unwillingness to go to the doctor, despite being on my fifth day of near crippleness with my foot.

It will fix itself dammit!

I took a couple of ibuprofen yesterday and this morning I was able to walk almost a kilometer with a barely perceptible limp. It's happening! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Morning Titties ! how's yer snowballs ? TA this morning cos the snow :( Stupid March weather

Morning MsB! :D

TA cos you guys all seem to have got snow, all we got down here is mucky slush that ruined my shoes, had to clean them off with loo roll when I got in... and now I know what that second bin is for.

It was for mucky stuff alright, just not loo roll, nearly knocked myself out with the whiff :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TA'd that I seemed to be incapable of getting out of the bed this morning, which means I need to do both a run and a strength session this evening rather than getting one out of the way before work.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement