Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Got up de duff at 17 dyaknowworrimean
    Got me corpo flat just like dat
    Me baby's daddy fled de scene
    worramigonna do when dere's no more money coming tru
    Gots dem mickey money blues

"Mickey-Money Blues chile HOOOOOOGGGGGH-yeah,
    Dem oooool' Mickey-Money Blues, mm-hmmm..."

:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA
    that
    the
    spacebar
    on
    my
    laptop
    has
    died.
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

de price of smokes aint no joke
    worriamgonna do witout me johnny blue
    me ma said why don't ya go to cwo
    don't b tick gerrup dere quick
    deyll give de dough
    so out de lash you can go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Went to the Sq last Wednesday after work, the woman in the car beside gets out wearing Pj's and ugg boots

I was in the local shopping centre a couple of hours ago and saw some woman with a coat over her pink fleece pajama bottoms. Honestly, if people can't be bothered to dress themselves before they go out in public they shouldn't be receiving any state benefits.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I was in the local shopping centre a couple of hours ago and saw some woman with a coat over her pink fleece pajama bottoms. Honestly, if people can't be bothered to dress themselves before they go out in public they shouldn't be receiving any state benefits.:mad:

State benefits in general just shít on survival of the fittest.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    State benefits in general just shít on survival of the fittest.

Yeah. Say hello to Survival of the Fattest! :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    Yeah. Say hello to Survival of the Fattest! :pac:

Not when the fat tax comes in! :P

Not when the fat tax comes in! :P

Hell yeah. Whup dat lard good. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

:eek: Left the thread briefly and come back to blue mickeys all over the place...is eisy flashing again or what?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When you go into an internet café with all the latest PCs and other futuristic technology yet they have to hand-write you a receipt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

de price of smokes aint no joke
    worriamgonna do witout me johnny blue
    me ma said why don't ya go to cwo
    don't b tick gerrup dere quick
    deyll give de dough
    so out de lash you can go

Smokes, jokes and johnnnys, TA that I was expecting to read the word 'poke', and it wasn't in there :(

Slippin' MsB, you're slippin' :p

Ah heyor leave it ouh ONJ ! Amn't I only after telling yis me story of woe and all yis tink abou is bleedin mickeys and ridin. ridin witouh a johnny gor me inta dis mess in furst playce

TA that work has seriously impeded my Boards time today. The cheek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ms B I am WAKE

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz food coma....sugar coma......

• Advertisement

I lost 3lbs since last Tuesday. The Russian bought me a 4 finger kitkat to celebrate. I ate broccoli for lunch and there's a kitkat and God forgive me but I can resist everything but temptation

I sit here wondering how messed up I have to be listening to eminem rap love the way you lie, and find even just his angry voice super hot? As for that video? Lord bless us he's a ride. And he's rapping about tying the chungwan to the bed and burning the house to the ground - and that's so messed up, but I'm still thinking - he can burn my house to the ground anytime he likes.

I like the bad boys :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I sit here wondering how messed up I have to be listening to eminem rap love the way you lie, and find even just his angry voice super hot? As for that video? Lord bless us he's a ride. And he's rapping about tying the chungwan to the bed and burning the house to the ground - and that's so messed up, but I'm still thinking - he can burn my house to the ground anytime he likes.

I like the bad boys :(
    Watch the I'm Not Afraid video. I'd murder someone to get at him.

The Iona Institute.

F.uck. Off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Right, 5km walk to get home coming up, wish me luck! Here's hoping the foot will behave and I won't be MTTA when I get home.

• Advertisement

The Iona Institute.

F.uck. Off.

Post of the day!

Ah heyor leave it ouh ONJ ! Amn't I only after telling yis me story of woe and all yis tink abou is bleedin mickeys and ridin. ridin witouh a johnny gor me inta dis mess in furst playce

Furdest. It's pronounced "Furdest", not "furst". Watch your diction (HONK! ) young lady, or, partly for the benefit of young Alexandra, I shall light a modest but adequate coal fire in the fireplace, slap the dust out of the hoover-bag, and then call over to the Downeys for port and shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Hahaha you lot are bloody crackers! Laughing at the song you've written but everyone keeps looking at me like I've lost my marbles! TA! :D

...I like the bad boys :(

Yes, my step-daughter had a touch of that until she figured out they were all retarded. There may have been the occasional "Predator"-style episode involved. There's none of them as Bad-Arsed, as you youngsters put it, as a pissed-off Goose. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Garzard

Here's one - the ''Cigarettes, Tobacco!!!'' moans on Moore Street.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Being stuck in work....with no end in sight.
    I should start a poll.....Will Boom_Bap get home tonight?

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Being stuck in work....with no end in sight.
    I should start a poll.....Will Boom_Bap get home tonight?

There is no choice - Helicopter Mickey!!

TA that they dont give out medals to the likes of me. Honest to god, the things I have achieved in the last two hours would put Mother Theresa to shame.
    Well, nearly.

TA that they dont give out medals to the likes of me. Honest to god, the things I have achieved in the last two hours would put Mother Theresa to shame.
    Well, nearly.

Are we talking about wiping sh1tty holes again? I wipe mine all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Well, nearly.

Speaking of mothers -

Barely over the Valentine's nonsense and already people are talking about mother's day! I met my mother last week for dinner and she kept me waiting nearly two hours before she turned up, I could almost have sworn she was waiting until I'd got sick of waiting and fecked off :rolleyes:

She's like that my mam, and would call me later then to ask me why I never turned up! :mad:

Actually now I think I know what to get my mam for mothers day - a watch! :D

• Advertisement

****ing junkies hassling people as they walk up and down the street. When I've money and its cold I always will offer to buy tea/food, because I feel bad seeing someone - no matter what they are - sitting on the street hungry and cold being looked down on. I never give cash though.

But what really ****ing bugs me is this evening at the bottom of the street I work at, there was this fella, foaming from the mouth asking if I could spare change for the hostel, and he was quite obviously waiting for the girl who was standing in the middle of the path, hassling people both sides for money, she was quite vocal and very pushy.

I hate that. Pair of disgraces

Furdest. It's pronounced "Furdest", not "furst". Watch your diction (HONK! ) young lady, or, partly for the benefit of young Alexandra, I shall light a modest but adequate coal fire in the fireplace, slap the dust out of the hoover-bag, and then call over to the Downeys for port and shenanigans.

What did I do now!

Arragh Jesus, I am a disgrace to my dads name. It would be his 82nd birthday today and I forgot all about it. If he was alive he would kick my arse for forgetting!

My friend joined weight watchers a month ago and today she had to go get weighed. She text me to tell me how well she's doing. Then tonight she texts me about the Chinese shes having tonight, and that she got satay and her oh got curry. I ask if he's joining weightwatchers too (he's massive) and she's like "not yet but he's really watching what he's eating". Yeah, sounds it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

My friend joined weight watchers a month ago and today she had to go get weighed. She text me to tell me how well she's doing. Then tonight she texts me about the Chinese shes having tonight, and that she got satay and her oh got curry. I ask if he's joining weightwatchers too (he's massive) and she's like "not yet but he's really watching what he's eating". Yeah, sounds it.

It might only be a small portion of curry.

Yeah, it's still Chinese curry. You're not watching your weight when you're sowing into a Chinese

Yeah, it's still Chinese curry. You're not watching your weight when you're sowing into a Chinese

If you eat enough of those then your nice big belly will stop you from been able to see the scales.
    No more weight problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

If you eat enough of those then your nice big belly will stop you from been able to see the scales.
    No more weight problem.

I try to eat healthy and lose weight/ exercise etc..with varying degrees of success

I know my diet is not as good as it should be at times....but what drives me mental is some fat fcuk laughing at me and telling me I eat crap while they scoff themselves with takeaways maybe 4+ times a week!!

Yes, my step-daughter had a touch of that until she figured out they were all retarded. There may have been the occasional "Predator"-style episode involved. There's none of them as Bad-Arsed, as you youngsters put it, as a pissed-off Goose. ;)

You sound like my Daddy, Lord have mercy on his soul

• Advertisement

I'm getting a test done next week with the tattoo artist I'm hoping will be able to cover the huge area of scar tissue under my arm, he needs to check that I can tolerate it and that my skin can handle it. TA is that I'm worried that I won't be able to get the tattoo. It'd be really great if I can get it, it'd be so nice to be able to wear short sleeved tops again.

Smart girls know that bad boys are a bit of disposable entertainment while you're under 22, after that you find a lovely man to settle down with and look after each other.:D

Smart girls know that bad boys are a bit of disposable entertainment while you're under 22, after that you find a lovely man to settle down with and look after each other.:D

I remember when young fellas used to call to the door of our house looking for my sisters.
    "Go down and scare them" is what my mum told my dad. He was delighted to oblige.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Best before dates on food. It gets to the stage where everything will go mouldy on the same day so all I can do is eat everything at once so as not to feel guilty for wasting money and dinners. But I'm not a pig so it goes in the bin. I need shopping guidance/ counselling.

I remember when young fellas used to call to the door of our house looking for my sisters.
    "Go down and scare them" is what my mum told my dad. He was delighted to oblige.

I had a rule that no guys were allowed to call to the house for me. I just wasn't into serious relationships and enjoyed having a bit of discreet fun;) A couple of times guys showed up and my brother and his pals took the piss out of them and made them wish they hadn't showed up. :D

I had a rule that no guys were allowed to call to the house for me. I just wasn't into serious relationships and enjoyed having a bit of discreet fun;) A couple of times guys showed up and my brother and his pals took the piss out of them and made them wish they hadn't showed up. :D

Ah the poor fellas! Sure they would have been nervous as fck calling up to the door...teeth all cleaned, wearing their dads aftershave, hands all sweaty, lines rehearsed.....

• Advertisement

My Dad didn't care who I brought home. He was so easy going. He didn't really dislike someone til they gave him a reason. My brother is a different story though. Id be so nervous introducing a new guy to my brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Pretty much every MTV show!
    The OH is watching Ex on The Beach,some steroid ridden freak slapped a plate out of his ex's hand during an argument and then squared up to her.

MTV encouraging and actually showing this and not showing any reprecussions for his actions is unbelievable.
    That's it ... I'm done with it off to the leaba.

My Dad didn't care who I brought home. He was so easy going. He didn't really dislike someone til they gave him a reason. My brother is a different story though. Id be so nervous introducing a new guy to my brother.

My Dad was the opposite. When I finished secondary school and started working he warned me to never bring a guy into the house at night 'or I'll tell him to pick a window, he's leaving' were his exact words. My mothers were 'you're old enough to make your own decisions, but never come home and tell me you're pregnant'.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

razorblunt wrote: »
    Pretty much every MTV show!
    The OH is watching Ex on The Beach,some steroid ridden freak slapped a plate out of his ex's hand during an argument and then squared up to her.

MTV encouraging and actually showing this and not showing any reprecussions for his actions is unbelievable.
    That's it ... I'm done with it off to the leaba.

The fact they even call the channel MTV annoys me.....absolutely no music on it at all!

What did I do now!

That Marshall Mathers young man. I don't like the cut of his jib. I've got a JCB and a square a' ground. He can pick a corner, not a window! :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement