Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The fact that my Wexford accent both sticks out like a sore thumb and is indecipherable when in another county (south county Dublin in particular). Was passing time in Dundrum Town Centre earlier and when it dawned on me I could do with stockpiling some training gear if they were in stock I popped into the nearest sports goods shop. After not finding what I was looking for on the shelves the look of utter befuddlement and quite frankly unease on the face of the attractive young one behind the counter when I asked "do ye stock any ballbags by any chance?" After a couple more attempts at the same question, rephrased it to "a net for carrying balls in". Made me look like a feckin' culchie up for the afternoon.

I mean what did she think I meant, the durt burd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I have a fair idea which one!

Triggy you need to lay off the haterade ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

efb wrote: »
    15 years since Maniac was no1
    I was 20...

Ahh jaysus efb, where's that 'songs I never want to hear again' thread? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

ONJ M AN I A C come with me to the place to me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

MsBubbles wrote: »
    ONJ M AN I A C come with me to the place to me ;)

Why do you shorten One Eyed Jack to ONJ? Should it not be OEJ? Always confuses me :o

Went to Mac because it's payday. Had about 100 to blow on lipsticks and lipliner. They're sold out of practically everything because they're waiting on a new collection. I got one thing. I am so disappointed

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    Why do you shorten One Eyed Jack to ONJ? Should it not be OEJ? Always confuses me :o

It's a bit of a mouthful alright... my username :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

My eyelashes keep falling out. 3 or 4 come out at a time? What's up with that?! I hate the tickly eyeball feeling when they come out.

Our new neighbours moved in. I'm scared to introduce myself so they'll think I'm a c*nt. I didn't realise how bad the sound-proofing was till they moved in. We can hear them moving around so they'll hear everything we do. Poor them :p .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I got so TA'ed looking for a CD I want to rip for the car I almost bought a download

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I got so TA'ed looking for a CD I want to rip for the car I almost bought a download

Download a new car!

• Advertisement

I'm really pissed off with the girl who's usually on reception. Girl knows my train leaves at X o clock. I HAVE to get that train because it's the last one to my station. If I am not on that train, I have to get train to another station 35 minutes drive away, so I have to get picked up and I don't get home until after 11pm.

I have explained this - SO MANY TIMES - my last appointment needs to finish 25 minutes before we are due to leave because I have to allow for a) someone being late, b) running over on time and c) I have to cash up.

So, this evening I have a quick look through my column for tomorrow. I notice, thirty minutes before close, she has booked in a 40 minute treatment with me. I ask her about this "the lady couldn't come any earlier, she might be a few minutes late". You're ****ing kidding me. I won't get home until 11pm tomorrow evening because people are ****ing morons.

It's no wonder people are telling me I look washed out and tired.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Rearrange the appointment and tell her to cop herself on.

Wolfman I'm a silly billy and can't type I meant to type ONJ :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm really pissed off with the girl who's usually on reception. Girl knows my train leaves at X o clock. I HAVE to get that train because it's the last one to my station. If I am not on that train, I have to get train to another station 35 minutes drive away, so I have to get picked up and I don't get home until after 11pm.

I have explained this - SO MANY TIMES - my last appointment needs to finish 25 minutes before we are due to leave because I have to allow for a) someone being late, b) running over on time and c) I have to cash up.

So, this evening I have a quick look through my column for tomorrow. I notice, thirty minutes before close, she has booked in a 40 minute treatment with me. I ask her about this "the lady couldn't come any earlier, she might be a few minutes late". You're ****ing kidding me. I won't get home until 11pm tomorrow evening because people are ****ing morons.

It's no wonder people are telling me I look washed out and tired.

Tell her to phone the woman and reschedule the appointment. If she can't do her job properly she needs to be replaced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Constantly filling the jeep with diesel, its a thirsty lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I can't name my kitten and I've had her for 4 days! Everything thing I choose gets annoying after a few hours!

eternal wrote: »
    Rearrange the appointment and tell her to cop herself on.

It's not the clients fault, I won't mess her around and tomorrow I'll be calmer and it won't seem so bad, I'm just snappin tonight

KatW4 wrote: »
    I can't name my kitten and I've had her for 4 days! Everything thing I choose gets annoying after a few hours!

Name her in honour of this thread. Tittykitty! :D

"KatW4 and a half"?

Nah. that's a bit too long...

TA realising that I'll be awake all night now thinking up names for a kitten... jaysis :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Roosterreid

Farting in the office lift as the doors close, only for the hot secretary to catch it and stand in beside you! :0O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Farting in the office lift as the doors close, only for the hot secretary to catch it and stand in beside you! :0O

Everyone knows never to unleash an eggy one in a lift :rolleyes:

I don't know why I expect to be taken seriously. My puppy comes to the toilet with me. Id like to pee without an audience so I shout "OUT" at him using my angry voice. What does he do? He looks at me, then lays down at my feet and starts licking his balls. That's what he thinks of me and my requests.

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Name her in honour of this thread. Tittykitty! :D

That would make an interesting story if people asked :D

Kay what colour is the kitten ?

"KatW4 and a half"?

Nah. that's a bit too long...

TA realising that I'll be awake all night now thinking up names for a kitten... jaysis :(

Sorry :( I feel TA'd that I'll keep you awake :(

• Advertisement

Kay what colour is the kitten ?

She's black and silver! The most playful little thing ever, full of energy and boldness. She's also so clever, she knows how to break into our bedroom!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

We were never allowed to have male animals in the house because according to t'mammy, "Tom cats spray everywhere/female cats are naturally more affectionate/ Male animals (dogs or cats) hump everything in sight!"
    *sigh* One of these purring away by my side as I sleep would be lovely. Look at his gorgeous green eyes! And the fluff! *makes sound like a deflating balloon*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

I had a pack of beef jerky this morning. Not very annoying until I realised I had eaten that little sachet thing too.

Am I going to die now??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

She's black and silver! The most playful little thing ever, full of energy and boldness. She's also so clever, she knows how to break into our bedroom!!

Go for a name with an E sound at the end, for some reason cats seem to respond better to those names. 3 of our 4 have names with an E sound. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

efb wrote: »
    15 years since Maniac was no1
    I was 20...

15 years..... I remember when that song was cool :( I was 16 :(

This always TA me but I thought it was mean to say. It's kind of like a mix of ONW and OEJ :P
    Went to Mac because it's payday. Had about 100 to blow on lipsticks and lipliner. They're sold out of practically everything because they're waiting on a new collection. I got one thing. I am so disappointed

Stop. Buying.Stuff.
    It's a bit of a mouthful alright... my username :p

:D

• Advertisement

Every time I have to take public transport I feel like I die a little more inside

THE TRAIN IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE PLACE TO HAVE A LOUD LONG CONVERSATION SHUT UP TA FUGG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Every time I have to take public transport I feel like I die a little more inside

THE TRAIN IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE PLACE TO HAVE A LOUD LONG CONVERSATION SHUT UP TA FUGG

Ear/headphones ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Decided to pull a book off the shelf to read on the LUAS. Exams coming up, didn't want anything too taxing so I grabbed a compilation of short stories so that maxium committment time would be around 15 minutes each. Picked a random one in the middle of the book and started readong. It was good, but I had a sense that I was missing something. The story seemed a little....disjointed or something and I felt like I was being thrown in the deep end a little...no introduction, no setting, just...bang. No real ending either, it just kind of tapered off unspectacularly...

...Then I realised that I had in fact, not picked a compilation of short stories, but a novel, and had just read a random chapter in the middle. Now I don't know if I should start from the beginning or keep going... A sort of self-induced spoiler, you might say. TA'd :(

kfallon wrote: »
    Ear/headphones ;)

That's a plan.

- people who have posh phone voices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

You have heard of Writers block?
    I have Complainers block. I feel compelled to complain, but cant think of anything to complain about.

I have Complainers block. I feel compelled to complain, but cant think of anything to complain about.

That you don't live closer to me?

That you don't live closer to me?

No, am very happy with where I live! :)

Wolfman I'm a silly billy and can't type I meant to type ONJ :o

GOOOOOOD MOOOOOORNING TITTIES !

TA I feel sick today :( I didn't want to get up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I'm so drowsy from my painkillers and lack of sleep at night but I can't fall asleep because I'm waiting on the guy from Eircom to ring about coming out to fix our internet :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Me(via text) "what time do you expect to be here?"

It: "I am on the way now"

in my head "That is not what I asked, you gobsh1te!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

I had a pack of beef jerky this morning. Not very annoying until I realised I had eaten that little sachet thing too.

Am I going to die now??!
    Probably.

Can I have your stuff?

Probably.

Can I have your stuff?

How about we split it. I will have the Truffles, you have the Pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Set up another thread. Call it the TTTAY Waiting Room. It could be a place where people who have nothing to complain about (but don't want to skip merrily over to the happy thread) can go to discuss random crap while they're waiting for annoying stuff to happen!

TA : Was kept awake by cats doing it out on the street last night. The noises were awful! The first time I heard it, I was scared sh*tless. I had no idea what it was. I can hear a tom cat right now, calling loudly for his date from last night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

How about we split it. I will have the Truffles, you have the Pig.

No I'm not for sharing. All or nothing.

Take the pig, he will find more truffles for you!

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Set up another thread. Call it the TTTAY Waiting Room. It could be a place where people who have nothing to complain about (but don't want to skip merrily over to the happy thread) can go to discuss random crap while they're waiting for annoying stuff to happen!

Sorry guys but chat threads are not allowed in AH and will be locked up. I know you may not have been serious Rosie but just in case anyone though it sounded like a good idea.

Can me and Lexie have the pig as a pal for Vivenne ?

Can me and Lexie have the pig as a pal for Vivenne ?

I'm all over that. Vivienne bites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I'm all over that. Vivienne bites

Well I'd bite someone if someone gave me a girl's name! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement