Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

An Post putting the 'return to sender' stickers over the addressee's name on the envelope - pain in the backside!

The sticker peels off the see-thru backing so you can see the address, there's a little green arrow at the bottom where you peel, pain in backside easing???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

selous wrote: »
    Have it, they could use whats coming out of my nose for the next Alien film or some such similar film, thank heavens for Aloe Vera tissues and the soft part of my cycling glove!!!!
    yep, thought you'd appreciate all that!!

i was vomitting all night so the oh went and got me one of those bag for life things to be sick into so I didn't have to keep getting up. So when I was done, I hung it on the bed. Except this morning he went to work and so did I, without getting rid of the bag of vomit. He is going to be so disgusted with me later when he realises/smells it, that is actually cheering me up a lot. I just wish I could see his disgusted face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,232 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Dial Hard wrote: »
    When I stage my benevolent coup, all umbrellas will be banned anywhere other than on the golf course.

Have your people call my people -

Monday mornings, same as every morning at this stage -

"What we going to do today Brain?"

"Same thing we do every day Pinky - try to take over the world..."

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Being skint- paid tomorrow tho

i was vomitting all night so the oh went and got me one of those bag for life things to be sick into so I didn't have to keep getting up. So when I was done, I hung it on the bed. Except this morning he went to work and so did I, without getting rid of the bag of vomit. He is going to be so disgusted with me later when he realises/smells it, that is actually cheering me up a lot. I just wish I could see his disgusted face

OOOOOOOOOOHHHH Cheeesus, you win, haven't had the barfing at all though, but the fit of coughing I got reading that just realised it's not only my nasal part that's going to work in "Aliens" next time, but strange we're still going to work thru it all... lesser people etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Sinead O'Connor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

jimgoose wrote: »
    Mmm. I made the tactical schoolboy error of cruising down to Mahon Point shopping centre in Cork on the afternoon of December 23rd last. Nice place, bright, roomy, nice shops, etc. but the traffic. Oh by Cheeses the traffic in and out of the blasted place... :(
    Whoever granted planning permission to that place, allowing it to be built with only ONE entrance/ exit should be fcuking shot with their own shit!

People abbreviating words when they're trying to be meaningful, like on my birthday recieving "HB". Tonight someone commented on my photo with my dad "GBNF" for his anniversary tonight/morning. Gone but not forgotten. You're so busy remembering you couldn't type what you had to say, oh no. If it's such an effort you'd wonder why they even comment. GBNF ffs

Also people who eat on public transport. Sitting on an empty train carriage no exaggeration, apart from me there's one other imbicle on it. where is he sitting? RIGHT BEHIND ME. And he's eating so loud he sounds like he might crack a tooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I've moaned on here in the past about the checkout operator that always asks me what the real ales I buy taste like. Every time she serves me she asks me and every time she asks I tell her that I don't know what they taste like as they're for my husband. Well, she outdid herself this morning. After the woman ahead of me finished mooching about taking forever to get herself together yer woman starts commenting on the customers wine and asking her if she knows about the offer the store has going. No says the customer, go and have a look says yer one on the checkout. Not content to leave it at that yer wan on checkouts has to start nattering on about what red wine she likes.

Off goes the customer to see if there are any other bottles she wants. How I didn't fcuk either of them out of it from a height I have no idea.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

People who phone you when they're driving ( I don't know why this annoys me, it just does)

People with loud mobile ringtones or country and western music ringtones

When you go into restaurant/cafe, and there are loads of uncleared tables!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

People abbreviating words...... GBNF ffs

I am trivially amused. I amuse easily!

When they're trying to be meaningful ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Ordered pizza from a new place more than half an hour ago, and still no sign of it! I'm hungry!!

Is this trivially annoying....if true?
    My very reputable bin company spells my house name totally a**eways and has a few letters missing thru-out the whole address, Now imagine my "total surprise" when a load of these charity letters that have being coming over the last few weeks has the exact same mis-spelling of the house name and same letters missing from the whole address, has my very reputable bin company "bin" selling address' to other companies?? trivially annoying?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

selous wrote: »
    Is this trivially annoying....if true?
    My very reputable bin company spells my house name totally a**eways and has a few letters missing thru-out the whole address, Now imagine my "total surprise" when a load of these charity letters that have being coming over the last few weeks has the exact same mis-spelling of the house name and same letters missing from the whole address, has my very reputable bin company "bin" selling address' to other companies?? trivially annoying?

That's a data breach that Com Reg should hear about.
    People abbreviating words when they're trying to be meaningful, like on my birthday recieving "HB". Tonight someone commented on my photo with my dad "GBNF" for his anniversary tonight/morning. Gone but not forgotten. You're so busy remembering you couldn't type what you had to say, oh no. If it's such an effort you'd wonder why they even comment. GBNF ffs

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever go to Australia :)

Everything is abbreviated or shortened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Seeing Christmas lights in town with one bulb just blinking and blinking and knowing I can't fix it without getting a ladder or learning to fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

A friend of mine just put up a status update on Facebook about how crap it is working in retail at Christmas time. I'm not usually one to comment but as I'm in the same boat I replied that I feel the same and we had a bit of chat surrounding our lack of time off during Christmas and general tiredness.
    A mutual friend wades in saying oh you wouldn't be talking like that if you didn't have a job. I'm sorry but piss right off! I'm sick of this attitude that people who have a job are not entitled to have the odd moan, I know how lucky I am to have a good job and I work damn hard!! Oooh my blood is boiling!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Whisperers - it's just plain rude. I don't care if you're drunk and it's your girlfriend you're whispering to - either call that person aside or speak up and don't be embarrassed to say you have to go home 'cause you can't handle your booze.

This. I had to go to the chemist today to see if I could get something to stop me hoofing. I practically crawled my way onto grafton street, on the verge of passing out, and had people shove into me in all directions, got to boots then and it was like battling through a stampede to get to the bottom of the shop, people pushing and weaving and out because God forbid they get held up for a second.

Boots at this time of year is truly the work of the devil. Whoever designed those narrow fu.cking aisles should be taken out and publicly mutilated.

RIP is another one.
    A friend of mine just put up a status update on Facebook about how crap it is working in retail at Christmas time. I'm not usually one to comment but as I'm in the same boat I replied that I feel the same and we had a bit of chat surrounding our lack of time off during Christmas and general tiredness.
    A mutual friend wades in saying oh you wouldn't be talking like that if you didn't have a job. I'm sorry but piss right off! I'm sick of this attitude that people who have a job are not entitled to have the odd moan, I know how lucky I am to have a good job and I work damn hard!! Oooh my blood is boiling!!!

Like people complaining about paying the higher rate of tax. Ffs you'd swear that they pay it one every euro once you cross the threshold, it's only the difference you pay it on. It's one of my goals in life to be on the higher rate of tax.
    yeppydeppy wrote: »
    Whisperers - it's just plain rude. I don't care if you're drunk and it's your girlfriend you're whispering to - either call that person aside or speak up and don't be embarrassed to say you have to go home 'cause you can't handle your booze.

I hate PDA's. There was a couple in front of me yesterday. The most perfect couple you could imagine. He was tall and handsome. She was tall and had huge blue eyes and that surreal platinum blonde hair natural only to Eastern Europeans it seems. There seemed to be nobody else in the world as they gazed adoringly at each other. Married of course and each clutching an understated designer bag - even a manbag! *B.astards*

Across from them was a crusty couple. Tree hugging gicks chewing the faces off each other as their matted hair blew in the free wind. Backpacks taking up half the space around them, probably full of hand knits and fair trade coffee and vegan shíte. Yack.

There was nowhere to look except at the free-living vegan saps or the jewellery advertisement couple that fell from the sky when the aryan doll factory up the road exploded.

:(

• Advertisement

Irish rail. I got the train to work yesterday, head swimming, upset tummy, burning up with a temp. Got onto the train and it was like being in the sarhara desert. It was horrible and I'm someone who loves heat, but this was unbearable. Everybody was complaining. I moved carriages but the entire train was boiling.
    So, the only member of staff I could find was the girl at the shop down the end who told me that the driver wouldn't be turning the heat off.
    I asked her if she had any ice, she didn't. She remarked that I didn't look well and that I could purchase a bottle of water for 2.25

I did get the bottle of water, just to hold on my forehead. But seriously, Dafuq? Whack up the heating then suggest people buy cold water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That awful radio advert for the Tivoli panto. If anything would put you off going to a panto, this would. The one for the Gaiety panto isn't much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Aer Lingus check in staff sticking the baggage tag to the back of my passport.

It leaves a sticky, dirty mess on the passport when removed - It's the airline equivalent of the barman slamming your change down in the wettest part of the bar.

And they have it down to a fine art too - last time I thought I was ready but with an sleight of hand worthy of David Copperfield she had it printed, 'stuck' and handed back to me with a (slightly smug?) lip-glossed smile while I was still trying to remember where it was that I was going.

Come on girlies - Put it on the back of the boarding pass where it belongs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I thought of a great trivially annoying thing yesterday while walking back from lunch and now I can't remember it. Now that is trivially annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Putting away (semi) important documents in a 'safe' place and then several months later unable to remember where.
    Pulling the place asunder for three quarters of an hour and when I finally find them - oh yea that's where I put them

Seven Worlds will Collide

The feeling you get when you know you have forgotten something...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I just heard a woman shout "cooee" while trying top attract the attention of her friend across the road. I wanted to push her under a bus.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I just heard a woman shout "cooee" while trying top attract the attention of her friend across the road. I wanted to push her under a bus.

:D

Cooeeeeee Eisenberg!!!!!

Children running riot in a library. It's getting more like a playschool every day. I delight in seeing kids with a love of books but playing hide and seek in a library or chasing each other around the shelves is not the way to it. I don't want the old style silence of a library but just a bit of common sense and respect for other users of the library.

• Advertisement

Started drinking two litres of water a day :eek:

Ive been peeing like a Racehorse ever since :(

Jake1 wrote: »
    Started drinking two litres of water a day :eek:

Ive been peeing like a Racehorse ever since :(

Wait until you are of a certain age and you won't even have to drink much to be going all the time.

miezekatze wrote: »
    Ordered pizza from a new place more than half an hour ago, and still no sign of it! I'm hungry!!

Well, was it nice?

Live cribs.

I read that as crabs, not just once either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Grown men who wear Christmas jumpers around shopping centers. Ffs cop yourselves on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

eisenberg1 wrote:
    Well, was it nice?

OK, but not nice enough to make it worth the 70 min wait..

That Bleedin kid counting down the "sleeps to Santa" for "Hardly Normal", although, she was missing today, maybe Immigration caught up with her, sheee's so bleeedin annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I read that as crabs, not just once either

So did I!!

When you're sitting on the bus trying to give someone an itch somewhere thelapathically, and they get an itch in the wrong place.

Itchy ass. Itchy ass. Itchy ass. And then they scratch their nose or something.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Live cribs.

I thought that was what this thread was all about? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

When you flash a driver waiting to cross over traffic to allow them out. And they piss about and dont react. Idiots

When you flash a driver waiting to cross over traffic to allow them out. And they piss about and dont react. Idiots

When you DON'T flash a driver waiting to cross over traffic......and they pull out anyway. Gobdaws!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

My housemate who gave me evils yesterday for reminding her the esb was due left her light on all night. She doesn't like to come home to the dark! It more than trivialy annoys me, as does the fact I now know her door is locked and I can't slyly turn it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

When you're sitting on the bus trying to give someone an itch somewhere thelapathically, and they get an itch in the wrong place.

Itchy ass. Itchy ass. Itchy ass. And then they scratch their nose or something.

Wiiiiitch!! :pac:

Dry shampoo. You'd be better off just washing your hair properly. Took me about 15 minutes this morning to get my hair into some sort of order with it. I'd have it washed and dried in the time it took.

I would like to ram the "Pipes of Peace" up Paul McCartney's arse

Someone, somewhere put up that they are an "impulse snacker", what a load of horseshíte. You're fat, same as me, stop using Americanised bullshít terminology to try and excuse your overconsumption!

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I would like to ram the "Pipes of Peace" up Paul McCartney's arse

All christmas music up the respective composers arses. In fact the whole christmas thing is starting to get on my wick.
    It's so overdone and all this bullshíte about the christmas spirit - PO, if I'm in a bad mood thinking of christmas isn't going to change that - it's going to make it worse.

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    Someone, somewhere put up that they are an "impulse snacker", what a load of horseshíte. You're fat, same as me, stop using Americanised bullshít terminology to try and excuse your overconsumption!

I am just big boned.................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Somebody put a tin of roses on my desk before I got into work this morning. I'm hungover from the Christmas party last night so I have no self-restraint. I'm getting fatter as I type.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement