Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Lexie is it Vivian or Vivienne ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I'm so drowsy from my painkillers and lack of sleep at night but I can't fall asleep because I'm waiting on the guy from Eircom to ring about coming out to fix our internet :mad:

And I'm still waiting on him to ring :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Vivienne. I love that name. I had a bull named vivienne too. TA - most of my favourite names have already been taken by cows and dogs. I've had cows named Bonnie, Ava, Mia, Holly, Jessica, Lola, Heidi, Polly, Grace, Sophie, Darcy, Danielle. My dogs were named Ben and Jack. I have used practically all my favourite names on pets. my arch nemeses stole Olivia. Practically all the names I like - I'll be naming a child after a cow or a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Me(via text) "what time do you expect to be here?"

It: "I am on the way now"

in my head "That is not what I asked, you gobsh1te!!"

I hear you on that.

Lexie I'm confused cos Vivienne is a girl's name. So is Vivienne a boy pig or girl pig ?

• Advertisement

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Lexie I'm confused cos Vivienne is a girl's name. So is Vivienne a boy pig or girl pig ?

Boy

Lexie aw too cute. I can just hear his little piggy grunts and squeals

How hard is it to find someone who is able to do a proper massage? If I wanted a rub Id get LMII to do it. I need elbows, knuckles and thumbs to get in around my shoulders and break up all that lactic acid. It BURNS. So much money wasted on **** massages

How hard is it to find someone who is able to do a proper massage? If I wanted a rub Id get LMII to do it. I need elbows, knuckles and thumbs to get in around my shoulders and break up all that lactic acid. It BURNS. So much money wasted on **** massages

Go to Turkey, they kick the sh1t out of ya, but you feel great after.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

People leaving floaters in the toilet after use. More worryingly are those that don't wipe after. Do they wash their hands after, I wonder? It's not a pleasant thing to be faced with, especially in the workplace, knowing it's one or more colleague (s) that do it.

• Advertisement

ONW saw this quote today and thought of you. 'I just want to drink coffee, save animals and nap'
    sounds like a sweet life to me

This is so disgusting I'm going to spoiler it.
    me and my friend are doing healthy eating together. Texting each other talking about lunch. I told her I had cottage cheese on my salad. She told me she doesn't eat cottage cheese because it looks like that time she had thrush. I was half way through my lunch and I was so disgusted I didn't finish it. Do people not have a filter that they realise that's not an appropriate thing to say?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

My annoyance for the day, there's a rather attractive woman who I work with, only occasionally. However, any time I meet her, I end up stumbling over my words and sound like a bumbling fool. It's not like I'd either intend to chat her up, or have a chance with her, but it's f***ing bizarre how I just cannot talk in her company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Go to Turkey, they kick the sh1t out of ya, but you feel great after.:D

Her commute is long enough though without adding a 'via Istanbul' to the equation!

We can take the tittie tour there

My annoyance for the day, there's a rather attractive woman who I work with, only occasionally. However, any time I meet her, I end up stumbling over my words and sound like a bumbling fool. It's not like I'd either intend to chat her up, or have a chance with her, but it's f***ing bizarre how I just cannot talk in her company.

I absolutely hate when that happens. And the more you think about it the worse it gets and you eventually end up like a 14 year old hormonal boy who is way out of his depth.
    Standing there...gormless...not able to say anything...sweat on the forehead.
    I just want the stapler FFS!

Trebor176 wrote: »
    People leaving floaters in the toilet after use. More worryingly are those that don't wipe after. Do they wash their hands after, I wonder? It's not a pleasant thing to be faced with, especially in the workplace, knowing it's one or more colle:ague (s) that do it.

There was a band in the 70's called "The Floaters", had a hit with "Float on"

You would'nt get away with that these days:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I absolutely hate when that happens. And the more you think about it the worse it gets and you eventually end up like a 14 year old hormonal boy who is way out of his depth.
    Standing there...gormless...not able to say anything...sweat on the forehead.
    I just want the stapler FFS!

The trick is to just imagine yourself as a goddamned Adonis, such that she should be unnerved to be in your presence, rather than the hideous troll that I really am you normally imagine yourself to be. :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Unrelated to my previous gormlessness, but my right eye is gone all funny, my peripheral vision is blurry, and it's a bit weird. Do I go to a Doctor or an Optician if it continues?!

You come to AH for medical advice and you will be dead within 36 hours. Fact.
    (go to the doc, prob an eye infection)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Waiting in line at the big Post Office on Andrew St. Its an automated system where the number of the next counter that is free comes up on a screen and a robot voice calls out the number of the free counter. I'm next and in the time between the lady in front leaving the next available counter and the cashier pressing the button to summon the next person, some little old dear sprints up the right hand side out of nowhere and lands herself at the counter, bypassing a queue of at least 5 people.

Any second now the cashier is going to send her scuttling off to the back of the queue I think. But no, instead she starts dealing with her and the old dear pulls out a few bills and starts the 'I'll pay €5 off that, €10 off that one' etc.

And because she was about 100 and bent double with a walking stick I didn't feel I could say anything without coming across as a right geebag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Vel wrote: »
    Waiting in line at the big Post Office on Andrew St. Its an automated system where the number of the next counter that is free comes up on a screen and a robot voice calls out the number of the free counter. I'm next and in the time between the lady in front leaving the next available counter and the cashier pressing the button to summon the next person, some little old dear sprints up the right hand side out of nowhere and lands herself at the counter, bypassing a queue of at least 5 people.

Any second now the cashier is going to send her scuttling off to the back of the queue I think. But no, instead she starts dealing with her and the old dear pulls out a few bills and starts the 'I'll pay €5 off that, €10 off that one' etc.

And because she was about 100 and bent double with a walking stick I didn't feel I could say anything without coming across as a right geebag.

If she can sprint with a walking stick at 100, leave her off I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Go to the gym no one there to check in- check pool check weights room, check spa! 5 mins aargh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Vodafone "customer care"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

efb wrote: »
    Go to the gym no one there to check in- check pool check weights room, check spa! 5 mins aargh

Check in on Facebook.... I thought thats the purpose of all this status updates no? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Pop to the loo and as I close the door I hear the person in the cubicle next to me do a poo. Five little plops into the bowl! I finish up first and am washing my hands safe in the knowledge that I will get out before I have to see this person, because if it were me I'd wait around in the loo until the other person had left.

But no, this one pops out all smiles and wanting the chats and all I can think about is the fact that I have just heard her poo. Added to the fact that she only sits a few desks behind me and the whole situation is too much for me to cope with. Every time I see her now I'll be thinking of the sound of her doing a sh1t!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Vel wrote: »
    Pop to the loo and as I close the door I hear the person in the cubicle next to me do a poo. Five little plops into the bowl! I finish up first and am washing my hands safe in the knowledge that I will get out before I have to see this person, because if it were me I'd wait around in the loo until the other person had left.

But no, this one pops out all smiles and wanting the chats and all I can think about is the fact that I have just heard her poo. Added to the fact that she only sits a few desks behind me and the whole situation is too much for me to cope with. Every time I see her now I'll be thinking of the sound of her doing a sh1t!

It must have been something else you heard, I have it on good authority that girls don't poo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

ONW saw this quote today and thought of you. 'I just want to drink coffee, save animals and nap'
    sounds like a sweet life to me

Yup, replace the coffee with "wine" and that's pretty much me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

That stupid Guinness/TB ad on youtube :(

• Advertisement

I ****ing hate my life/this day/other people. I'm like a briar all day. Everything is annnnoying me

Poor Lexie :(

Poor Lexie :(

Not even. Need a kick up the bum.

TA - the glorification of Amy Winehouse. Same people would step across a junkie on the street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I'm so drowsy from my painkillers and lack of sleep at night but I can't fall asleep because I'm waiting on the guy from Eircom to ring about coming out to fix our internet :mad:

And I'm still waiting :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

People who put their "L" (and now "N") plates on the bonnet of the car and not on the window.

Seriously, WTF is that all about? Idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

People who put their "L" (and now "N") plates on the bonnet of the car and not on the window.

I saw a car yesterday with both L and N plates on it..maybe there are 2 people sharing it but it looked awful and very TAing..:(

• Advertisement

Colser wrote: »
    I saw a car yesterday with both L and N plates on it..maybe there are 2 people sharing it but it looked awful and very TAing..:(

FFS! I would almost want to see that to give me something to complain about!

And to point and laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Daily motion videos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

What's worse is that there are still people managing to put the L and now the N on backwards. That should be a 12 pointer on the spot. If you can't get that right you shouldn't be allowed on the road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Dirty, manky knacker parking in the only disabled parking spot today. Her only disability was her ugliness. Drives me insane, I was close to saying something but she was twice my size and I'm no thin person.

eternal wrote: »
    Dirty, manky knacker parking in the only disabled parking spot today. Her only disability was her ugliness. Drives me insane, I was close to saying something but she was twice my size and I'm no thin person.

She'd have bleedin' boorst ya, or at least threatened to, if you said anything!

• Advertisement

And then Eternal would have been needing use of the disabled spot.

And then Eternal would have been needing use of the disabled spot.

I already use disabled parking because of arthritis which is why it upset me.

Ah yeah, I know the feeling well. Even in the presence of an attractive colleague, I've been known to do something awkward like walk into an object or drop something that I'm carrying. I have stumbled over words, my voice has quivered and my face has gone red when chatting to such lovelies.
    There was a band in the 70's called "The Floaters", had a hit with "Float on"

You would'nt get away with that these days:D

I know the song well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

People getting all worked up and aggressive over total non issues on Facebook.

Chipmunk cheeks and a fag permanently attached to her generous mouth terrified me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I had to go to Tullamore two days in a row. Always rooting at the feckin roads up there

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

eternal wrote: »

Noticed that a lot in the local Aldi and Lidl shops, just fly in park in whats nearest or available, mother & child spaces or the handicapped, and not a bother on them, not just the P.J Brigade either, lovely audi tt pulled in on day, the gorgeous ones got out, probably didn't want to park near the P.J people, straight into the shop, it just bugs me too,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It's been a crazy week and the housework had to go on the back burner, so today of all days when the house looks like a bomb hit it, my mother decided to make an unannounced visit, she rarely visits.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

It's been a crazy week and the housework had to go on the back burner, so today of all days when the house looks like a bomb hit it, my mother decided to make an unannounced visit, she rarely visits.:rolleyes:

I think mothers have it on their radars when the house is untidy, mine does the same. I could have the house standing alone and she wouldn't come over, but if its messy she always seems to turn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Zanablue wrote: »
    I think mothers have it on their radars when the house is untidy, mine does the same. I could have the house standing alone and she wouldn't come over, but if its messy she always seems to turn up.

I made a joke of it and she laughed saying that she came to see me not the house, but all the time I could see her scanning the room, judging me.:(:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement