Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I made a joke of it and she laughed saying that she came to see me not the house, but all the time I could see her scanning the room, judging me.:(:D

My mother cleaned my kitchen window the last time she was here, she said I shouldn't let it get so steamed up! :p Generally she gives a half hour head's up before she arrives. This allows me time for a frantic clean up. Next time I'll wipe the window too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Flakes.

Got home last night at about ten to 11. Had an appointment at 9am this morning. Got up at 5:30, got the train at 6:30, at 10 past 7 an alert came through that my 9am appointment cancelled. The eyes are hanging out of my head. I ****ing hate people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

selous wrote: »
    Noticed that a lot in the local Aldi and Lidl shops, just fly in park in whats nearest or available, mother & child spaces or the handicapped, and not a bother on them, not just the P.J Brigade either, lovely audi tt pulled in on day, the gorgeous ones got out, probably didn't want to park near the P.J people, straight into the shop, it just bugs me too,

Audi could be a company car for one of the managers/head office people....which would make it worse really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Morning Titties. TA that I've a got a cold I wanted to visit my friend's baby after work but don't want to give the little one my cold.

My hands are cut to pieces from lifting and pull ups. I don't mind that so much except that holding my cup of tea actually burns my hands >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    There was a band in the 70's called "The Floaters", had a hit with "Float on"

You would'nt get away with that these days:D

It was number one in the charts the day I was born... an omen if there ever was one, because there are always floaters in our office jacks. :(

Flakes.

Got home last night at about ten to 11. Had an appointment at 9am this morning. Got up at 5:30, got the train at 6:30, at 10 past 7 an alert came through that my 9am appointment cancelled. The eyes are hanging out of my head. I ****ing hate people.

ah that's awful Lexie.
    Aglomerado Modest Mouse have a fab song called Float On

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that I am considering going on an exercise binge. This is not me. But I need to get more exercise or risk dying due to nothingness.

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Aglomerado Modest Mouse have a fab song called Float On
    Thanks MsB, it is a fab song and better than the other one!
    Echoes of Talking Heads?

My big annoyance this morning is the gob****e who parped his horn repeatedly across the street from me this morning at 6.15 am. I was awake at this time but this is not the point. It's illegal. :mad:

• Advertisement

Gwan the Trigmeister. think of all the ladies you can eye up if you go to the gym !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

TA that I am considering going on an exercise binge. This is not me. But I need to get more exercise or risk dying due to nothingness.

The way I see it is this: exercise causes stress, stress leads to heart-attack and stroke and all kinds of snuffing it Guv'nor. I'm with the Japanese, as they say at Sumo bouts: "Okikute ugokasenai Fujisan mitai da", or "He is as grand and immobile as Mount Fuji"! :pac:

Gwan the Trigmeister. think of all the ladies you can eye up if you go to the gym !

A GYM! Get outta here with that talk.

I was more thinking of walking to the end of the street! :D

A GYM! Get outta here with that talk.

I was more thinking of walking to the end of the street! :D

What's a GYM?

jimgoose wrote: »
    The way I see it is this: exercise causes stress, stress leads to heart-attack and stroke and all kinds of snuffing it Guv'nor. I'm with the Japanese, as they say at Sumo bouts: "Okikute ugokasenai Fujisan mitai da", or "He is as grand and immobile as Mount Fuji"! :pac:

Wise words Jim San but I fear if I don't start doing some exercise I will be the same size as Mount Fuji

When I was in college one of my housemates was entering miss ireland, and used to go to the gym every evening. Some days she'd bring me with her and I would sit in those giant ball things talking to her while she ran like a lunatic on the treadmill.

Wouldn't be my cup of tea now to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

My hands are cut to pieces from lifting and pull ups. I don't mind that so much except that holding my cup of tea actually burns my hands >.<

I used to hate getting callouses between my thumb and my index finger and then when they started bleeding :mad: and it's such a hard place to keep a plaster on too :(

I used to hate getting callouses between my thumb and my index finger and then when they started bleeding :mad: and it's such a hard place to keep a plaster on too :(

Makes you feel like you're alive though :D

When I was in college one of my housemates was entering miss ireland, and used to go to the gym every evening. Some days she'd bring me with her and I would sit in those giant ball things talking to her while she ran like a lunatic on the treadmill.

Wouldn't be my cup of tea now to be honest

Running on a treadmill is definitely one of my trivial annoyances. It's the single most boring bloody thing you can do. I had to do it on holidays and I hated every minute of it.

Big boobies combined with dodgy knees mean I'm not designed for running

TA - having hair like afroman :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

One of those can be cured with the help of a good sports bra - boobage isn't really an excuse! :pac:

Rainbow I'm not built for running.

I have the same problem to be fair.:D

He's not lying either :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

why would you put a sportsbra on a knee?

Your standard gym sucks. Treadmills suck. Fixed weight machines suck (although so help you develop technique), waiting for someone to finish (tee hee) sucks, people not cleaning sweat sucks, the creepy dude that looks at your dong in the changing room sucks (or at least wants to).
    I had a nasty knee injury that I needed to attend a gym as part of the physio and it killed me a little inside. I'd never join one again.

But, I would happily use the equipment in the BJJ/MMA gym my missus and kid goes to. Much better environment.

Agreed BB. I like having Ben Dunne membership because it's cheap and handy, but I workout in a private gym and run outdoors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have a pool membership which covers a decent chunk of the pools in London and a separate gym membership because my OH likes our local gym. I only really tend to use the gym once a week though to do a core strength workout, most of what I do is swimming or outdoor running/cycling.

TA'd at how crowded the gym is at peak time - mine has about 20% more members than it really should and the opening of a new branch around 2km away (Finsbury Park) has not helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Stupid milk ad - "since I was a kid, I've always felt most at home in nature.The energy..." - what? You got all that from a glass of milk? Milk stolen from a cow who has had her calf taken off her and sold for veal? Milk designed for a herbivore with five digestive chambers? Nature you say? Hmmmmmm.........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I have the same problem to be fair.:D

I have dodgy boobies and big knees:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭davidk1394

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Stupid milk ad - "since I was a kid, I've always felt most at home in nature.The energy..." - what? You got all that from a glass of milk? Milk stolen from a cow who has had her calf taken off her and sold for veal? Milk designed for a herbivore with five digestive chambers? Nature you say? Hmmmmmm.........

The cows are grand and happy on grass and the cow and calf never built a bond so neither of them miss each other anyway and also most of the calves live till 24 months so they do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Am itchy nose. Grrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Hugely overweight woman in the queue in front of me, to her friend: 'I make sure to weight myself before I've put on deodarant and any make up to make sure I get a true measurement'

*clutching at straws*

davidk1394 wrote: »
    The cows are grand and happy on grass and the cow and calf never built a bond so neither of them miss each other anyway and also most of the calves live till 24 months so they do

I eat beef, and dairy products, and would probably try veal if the opportunity arose, however I doubt very much that cows are all that happy happy with the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

More then trivially annoyed that some fecker has parked in front of my driveway again. I don't need to go out till later but still it annoys the **** out of me:mad: I am totally blocked in. rant over:(

Zanablue wrote: »
    More then trivially annoyed that some fecker has parked in front of my driveway again. I don't need to go out till later but still it annoys the **** out of me:mad: I am totally blocked in. rant over:(

Call the guards. What an asshole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Vel wrote: »
    Hugely overweight woman in the queue in front of me, to her friend: 'I make sure to weight myself before I've put on deodarant and any make up to make sure I get a true measurement'

*clutching at straws*

Like throwing a deck chair off the Titanic. :D

Zanablue wrote: »

That is the one thing that would get me out on the street shouting my head off. Pure ignorance. What if you had an emergency?

The Irish Mammy passive aggressive rubbish that adult children of my generation must endure. You know when you know they've a bee in their bonnet over something because they make it perfectly clear, so you decide you'll call them on it and ask straight out if there is anything wrong and you get the terse icey "what make you think I am annoyed with you?" - oh ffs can't be dealing. So much f.ucking energy wasted by them playing these stupid games - dropping hints and going out of their way tos how that they are annoyed but not having then decency to just bloody well say, "I'm annoyed with you because of X". :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Vel wrote: »

*clutching at straws*

Ah yes, one of these F1 engineers. Probably uses carbon-fibre knickers and a titanium underwire. :pac:

• Advertisement

That must be why the cows cry then.

KatW4 wrote: »
    Am itchy nose. Grrrrrrrr

You're going to have a fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

My gym isn't cheap but I go there because it's near my house, quiet, the equipment is top notch and people are friendly but keep to themselves. Perfect for me.

This morning, I was doing my warmup stretches and some guy comes over, gives me his phone and says "could you do me a favour? I need progress pics". I was still half asleep but said no problem. He proceeds to whip off his t-shirt in the middle of the gym, faces me and flexes. He said "make sure you get it all in there". I said it was done, but he turns to the side and flexes again. I sigh, take a pic and think it's over. He then faces away from me, flexes, so I take another pic. he said "one more from the front", so I take yet one.

Handed him his phone back. I thought it was over, but he then says "thanks a million man, you're the best", and extends his hand. I went to shake it back, but he quickly turns it into a bro handshake and half hug, still with his top off. I hadn't even begun to work up a sweat and I was already able to smell someone else's sweat on my clothes :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭davidk1394

I eat beef, and dairy products, and would probably try veal if the opportunity arose, however I doubt very much that cows are all that happy happy with the situation.

Well some of them may get a bit upset and try kill you but most are fairly content

Well some of them may get a bit upset and try kill you but most are fairly content

How do you know

My gym isn't cheap but I go there because it's
    Handed him his phone back. I thought it was over, but he then says "thanks a million man, you're the best", and extends his hand. I went to shake it back, but he quickly turns it into a bro handshake and half hug, still with his top off. I hadn't even begun to work up a sweat and I was already able to smell someone else's sweat on my clothes :mad:

I wouldn't object to a hot sweaty man giving me a hug ;)

• Advertisement

It's quiet simple really, he has the hots for ya, and I bet he will be there tomorrow.....;)

It's quiet simple really, he has the hots for ya, and I bet he will be there tomorrow.....;)

Yup...oldest trick in the book :D

So many things with this post.
    1. Cows do form bonds with their calves and can tell their calves from all the others.
    2. When calves are weaned they certainly do miss each other.
    3. We had a cow who delivered a stillborn calf, and my dad moved it away on a transport box. For days, she wandered around looking for Her calf, and kept sniffing at the transport box because she could obviously smell it.
    4. Cows are so intelligent, and incredibly kind and gentle. That same cow that lost her baby, we had her for 14 years and she thought that I was her calf too. She got really really attached to me and could both give kisses (nose would touch my face, sometimes she'd lick my face) and hugs (her head on my shoulder, my arms around her neck). They are capable of emotion. Jealously, being lonely, being frightened, being sad.

It's not right people killing them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Call the guards. What an asshole.
    That is the one thing that would get me out on the street shouting my head off. Pure ignorance. What if you had an emergency?

Do you know what lads if I was to fight with and call the guards everytime it happens, I think I would be fighting with everyone, it happens so often.

When I knock on doors I get "oh cant you get out I didn't realise" I feel like saying "yes I would have to drive thru your ****ing car" I suppose I will have to go knocking again in a little while. Totally pissed off!

Considering the closest I get to a cow, is when I buy a pound of mince, I think I am safe enough:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement