Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I eat beef, and dairy products, and would probably try veal if the opportunity arose, however I doubt very much that cows are all that happy happy with the situation.

Recently had a meal cooked for me by a Japanese girl. At the start, I asked "what's the Japanese for bon appetit?". I explained it's something you say before a meal. She then says something that to me, sounds more like the Japanese equivalent of grace before meal rather than bon appetit. She then dissects it piece by piece to translate it for me; "<blablabla> means you thank the farmers for providing you with the vegetables. <blablabla> means you thank the animal for giving you their meat".

Jaysus, I don't think they would have the opportunity to say "you're welcome"! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭davidk1394

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    How do you know

Cause i have them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

4. She got really really attached to me and could both give kisses (nose would touch my face, sometimes she'd lick my face) and hugs (her head on my shoulder, my arms around her neck). They are capable of emotion. Jealously, being lonely, being frightened, being sad.

Ah Lexie that's adorable. I'm nearly crying. I love animals that's why I'm vegetarian.

I was a vegetarian for 7 years, then I got really sick and needed to eat meat, but lately I've been really feeling like giving it up again. Lexie's post just made me feel that even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

It's quiet simple really, he has the hots for ya, and I bet he will be there tomorrow.....;)

Possibly not "The Hots" per sé, but this "Bromance" bullhockey properly annoys me. What is it with sixteen-stone grown men acting like teenage girls (these days, with beards!)?? As far as I'm concerned the authorised way of expressing camaraderie and/or affection for a fellow-Bloke is after he's converted a hard-won try the getting of which will probably confine him to a wheelchair and he's fighting back tears of pure agony - the hands are placed on the hips, a good hawk spat on the turf, a quick stare into the middle-distance followed by a remark like "Daycent. Well-hoofed, chief!" before trotting nonchalantly back to your own half.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

People actually take pics of themselves in the gym these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Boom_Bap wrote: »

#gymselfie :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Or they get me to take them instead :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I dont judge anyone for eating meat but I physically couldn't stomach beef purely because i grew up on a farm, and made friends with so many calves and cows, and theyd trust you, they'd come running over in the field, nuzzling at me for food and attention, they'd trust you so much never to hurt them -- and then you allow them to be killed, and the worst part is -- it's your fault they don't even see it coming. I think it's more about me personally betraying them than them being killed. Like leading them to their death :( what's that about keeping your enemies closer than your friends

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I had 3 different types of animal on my pizza last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Cause i have them

Still doesn't mean you know.

I was a vegetarian for 7 years, then I got really sick and needed to eat meat, but lately I've been really feeling like giving it up again. Lexie's post just made me feel that even more.

I was too. Had my parents hearts broken 'cause I didn't eat veg either lol. I tend to stick with organic, free range and can see myself giving it up completely at some stage. I also dont eat it every day as I don't think we need to. If we only ate it once or twice a week we could afford to produce meat more sustainably and ethically, rather than being flesh guzzling hyper consumers eating low grade, intensely farmed cráp. I dont judge people who eat meat but I do challenge those who claim the animals are all happy and that they are living some kind of one track amoeboid existence, incapable of fear or sadness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

jimgoose wrote: »
    Possibly not "The Hots" per sé, but this "Bromance" bullhockey properly annoys me. What is it with sixteen-stone grown men acting like teenage girls (these days, with beards!)?? As far as I'm concerned the authorised way of expressing camaraderie and/or affection for a fellow-Bloke is after he's converted a hard-won try the getting of which will probably confine him to a wheelchair and he's fighting back tears of pure agony - the hands are placed on the hips, a good hawk spat on the turf, a quick stare into the middle-distance followed by a remark like "Daycent. Well-hoofed, chief!" before trotting nonchalantly back to your own half.

Yes, god be with the days when a man would go "over the top" with a tally ho ,and a stiff upper lip, swagger stick under the arm, with a revolver and six bullets.....to be sliced in half by a machine gun and be remembered as "a fine fellow"

People who stink of last nights drinks :(

ONW yuck the smell of stale booze is horrible it makes me gag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I only had two. :(

I was too. Had my parents hearts broken 'cause I didn't eat veg either lol. I tend to stick with organic, free range and can see
    I read that as I didn't eat Vag :p

Oh here we go with the euphemisms again:D

People who don't show up to appointments on time

• Advertisement

People who don't show up to appointments on time

Fcukers, it throws the surgery in to complete chaos, I usually insist on them having a Tetanus shot and a course of laxative to get my own back:D

Fcukers, it throws the surgery in to complete chaos, I usually insist on them having a Tetanus shot and a course of laxative to get my own back:D

That reminds me - that suppository you gave me was useless. I might was well have shoved it up my hole! :D

TA I've been trying to through to the vet for 2 days to cancel/rearrange Tiger (my cat) 's appointment but no one is answering the phones grrrr

Oh here we go with the euphemisms again:D

Ah yes, that reminds me of my salad-days at college. I had a few quare animals on my pizza reet 'nuff, squire. There <ahem> may have been drink taken... :pac::pac::pac:

it's quiet in here today.

I'm so upset. Not blowing my own trumpet but I'm really good at what I do. I have well known models who come to me, I've been named in an irish magazine for my eyebrow threading. So my late appointment arrived 15 minutes late, freaked out because I was irish "I'm sure you are experienced but..." Was so rude to me throughout the treatment and freaked out at me before I could finish. She was screaming at me so loudly one of the other girls came into the room to check if everything was okay. I asked her to leave and she was just shouting hysterically at me, in really broken English about irish people and me looking like a prostitute. The Russian at work was at reception and this other lady could speak Russian but didn't look Russian, my russian wouldnt translate what the horrible bitch said about me but she kept saying she was really offensive, and really racist and "didn't want to hurt my feelings" by translating but it was about me being Irish and me personally, appearance etc.

I'm shaking with both temper and annoyance that I didnt stand up for myself more and ask her to leave before it escalated. wtf is it with dublin and crazy people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

MsBubbles wrote: »
    it's quiet in here today.

It's Friday. If you're annoyed on a Firday then there is no hope for you. :D

I'm so upset. Not blowing my own trumpet but
    I'm shaking with both temper and annoyance that I didnt stand up for myself more and ask her to leave before it escalated. wtf is it with dublin and crazy people

Sweet Mother of Mercy, you poor thing. you don't deserve to be treated like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Been trying to get some work done all morning. It's a tedious task as it is, but today the tool I have to use is particularly slow. So frustrating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Well some of them may get a bit upset and try kill you but most are fairly content

What horse sh!t!!

I worked in New Zealand on a dairy herd of over 1600. I can most certainly tell you, 8 out of 10 cows knew you were up to something coming into the paddock with one calf amongst hundreds outside of feeding time. And f*ck me you had to be quick to get out with the poor calf.

*as an aside I did NOT enjoy any part of working on that farm. Intensive farming = lowered animal welfare.

Mumblers. speak up

AND noisy loud people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Mumblers. speak up

AND noisy loud people.

I am with you on that one. Some people just cant get the volume levels right. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

.......I also dont eat it every day as I don't think we need to. If we only ate it once or twice a week we could afford to produce meat more sustainably and ethically, rather than being flesh guzzling hyper consumers eating low grade, intensely farmed cráp.

THIS!!

From an evolutionary standpoint, red meat wouldn't have been eaten alot by people. Too much energy would have been expelled in the hunt, chase and kill. If a large kill was successful, I can assure you it wasn't eaten within a two week period!!

Then from a settled period with farming, well it takes time and dedication to get that animal to an "effective" maturity to eat. Again, time to get the meat to an adequate quality for consumption and so not thrown back quickly when ready to eat.

Personally I don't think red meat is necessary more than once or twice a week either. It's something I keep meaning to look into more scientifically to get a proper read on it.

And this is someone born and bred on a farm. I do enjoy a good steak (even venison - don't shoot me!!), but not hugely necessary as part of our diets as commonly perceived.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Hope you're okay Lexie, that sounds awful :( x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Where did that wind come from? I was about to head out there for a workout- you know, walk to the end of the street- and I nearly got blown over by the wind.
    To hell with that. Am safely back inside again.

Where did that wind come from? I was about to head out there for a workout- you know, walk to the end of the street- and I nearly got blown over by the wind.
    To hell with that. Am safely back inside again.

Phew. Stay safe Trig

Cat pissed on my bed. Not impressed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

KatW4 wrote: »

You will have to burn the bed, impossible to get rid of post cat piss smell.

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    THIS!!

From an evolutionary standpoint, red meat wouldn't have been eaten alot by people. Too much energy would have been expelled in the hunt, chase and kill. If a large kill was successful, I can assure you it wasn't eaten within a two week period!!

Then from a settled period with farming, well it takes time and dedication to get that animal to an "effective" maturity to eat. Again, time to get the meat to an adequate quality for consumption and so not thrown back quickly when ready to eat.

Personally I don't think red meat is necessary more than once or twice a week either. It's something I keep meaning to look into more scientifically to get a proper read on it.

And this is someone born and bred on a farm. I do enjoy a good steak (even venison - don't shoot me!!), but not hugely necessary as part of our diets as commonly perceived.

Yup. I'd much rather eat an ethically sourced steak once a week than seven days of cráp meat.

It really is one of those smells that keeps on giving itsn't it? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

How can such adorable creatures have the foulest wazz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Ours got stuck inside yesterday for longer than he wanted - he shat in the shower! Very unpleasant to clean up, but could have been a whole lot worse if it was elsewhere in the house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Ours got stuck inside yesterday for longer than he wanted - he shat in the shower! Very unpleasant to clean up, but could have been a whole lot worse if it was elsewhere in the house.

You can be sure if he shat he pissed and nothing is more vile than tom cats piss, i projectile vomit when i smell it.

...I'm shaking with both temper and annoyance that I didnt stand up for myself more and ask her to leave before it escalated. wtf is it with dublin and crazy people

What in the actual scuttery brought all that on? I'd be inclined to tell her I'm not particularly interested in whatever psychotic episode she's having, that'll be potato alcohol for you. I speak French to my wife, Italian to visiting dignitaries, German to the chap who maintains the cars and Russian to the dog. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

Seeing as there is an animals / pets theme going

my TA is people who refer to their pets as 'furbabies'

We'll see how it goes. It got on the duvet and the sheets. Mattress protector seems to have done its job but I think a new duvet is in order!

What makes it more annoying is that it's the older cat and not the kitten :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭davidk1394

She got really really attached to me and could both give kisses (nose would touch my face, sometimes she'd lick my face) and hugs (her head on my shoulder, my arms around her neck).
    I had bulls like that quiet lads and had them since calves i was rubbing them yesterday and today i loaded up brought them to a factory. Watched them being killed i was a bit upset but once i got the cheque i was fairly happy with the result

One of ours did that recently. At least it was kind of near the toilet. Better luck next time :)

One of ours did that recently. At least it was kind of near the toilet. Better luck next time :)

Animals pissing and shítting near where I eat, sleep or wash! GAAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!! :mad:

jimgoose wrote: »
    Animals pissing and shítting near where I eat, sleep or wash! GAAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!! :mad:

Humans shít all the time in our toilet and it's like....right beside the shower. :pac:

• Advertisement

Gross! We keep all of the upstairs doors closed when we are out so thankfully no shower incidents. We did have one of them poo all over the couch and it wasn't solid.... :eek::mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement